Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RJWaters2
Dec 16, 2011

It was not not not so great
Everyone pick a side - "Gus ruined the show" on the left side of the thread, "Gus makes the show" side on the right. I'm #TeamRuined

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RJWaters2
Dec 16, 2011

Good god, Jimmy erasing the rainbow connecting Kim and himself...

Is he going to paint a giant justice scale tipped to his office?

RJWaters2
Dec 16, 2011

It took me to my season 2 rewatch to realize why Mike washed his nail-hose after drilling they holes. I thought it was to remove excess plastic from the holes

It was to remove his and Kaylee's fingerprints

RJWaters2
Dec 16, 2011

I spit take at the joke "Wait til you see what I floss with", and nothing has topped it

RJWaters2
Dec 16, 2011

Mike on his night job: crossword
Gus's goons on their night job: word search

No surprise Mike becomes Gus's #1 guy

RJWaters2
Dec 16, 2011

I think it was just a piece of chicken and a coffee, a winning combo

RJWaters2
Dec 16, 2011

The tape is not the crime anymore. He's off to the hoosgow for breaking and entering and destruction of property.

RJWaters2
Dec 16, 2011

Wonder how HHM and D&M are progressing on that Sandpiper case. I hope that residual hits Jimmy before the finale.

RJWaters2
Dec 16, 2011

That's for the following episode where all the people in Gus's operation are arrested for being paid from that bank account

RJWaters2
Dec 16, 2011

Great little detail in "Rebecca": In the scene where Chuck invites Jimmy over for dinner to meet his wife, Jimmy apologizes for missing their wedding. There's this pregnant pause, and Jimmy keeps explaining his apology and Rebecca is the one that has to step in and say, that's all right, no worries; not Chuck.

RJWaters2
Dec 16, 2011

"Better Call Saul" is a great title for the whole of the series. Just like how Walter wasn't the only one "Breaking Bad", everyone in BCS is calling upon that Saul-ness inside.
Think of how many complex cons everyone is running. The show is a series of cons and counter-cons and revenge and retaliation plots.

Also I'm gonna bet Chuck will claim the destroyed tape was not a duplicate, but an unrelated or blank tape.

RJWaters2
Dec 16, 2011

Bryan Cranston and Dean Norris did constantly give each other (not present) poo poo on the podcasts

RJWaters2
Dec 16, 2011

Why is Gus's hermano working for Tampico furniture? What does a taquería need with furniture? Serious replies only

RJWaters2
Dec 16, 2011

I get a big kick out of the way he sharply inhales and straightens before saying or doing anything.

RJWaters2
Dec 16, 2011

Isn't he thinking about some shmuck he buried under his new cement driveway 20 years hence?

RJWaters2
Dec 16, 2011

Everyone knows that KENWINS

RJWaters2
Dec 16, 2011

I wonder if Chuck has the spite to throw the Sandpiper case in order to keep Jimmy from getting his finder's fee.

RJWaters2
Dec 16, 2011

It's been two whole years since Busty Kettlemams left the show. The red blooded audience is jonesing!

RJWaters2
Dec 16, 2011

CINNABON INTERIOR - DAY

MIDDLE AGED BLONDE approaches the counter.
"Hey, I recognize you from somewhere..."

GENE ducks behind counter.

BLONDE:
"I loved you in Dances with Wolves!"

RJWaters2
Dec 16, 2011

Veshpo posted:

Chuck going all Gene Hackman at the end of The Conversation on his house was probably the best scene of the series.

Straight down to the saxophone in the soundtrack. It was a haunting sequence.

RJWaters2
Dec 16, 2011

TOOT BOOT posted:

So who's going to run the Salamanca's business now with Tuco still in prison and Hector incapacitated?

Lalo takes the reigns. Nacho will get Jimmy to help him cover up the pill switch and Lalo replaces Nacho with Krazy-8.

RJWaters2
Dec 16, 2011

https://twitter.com/MJMcKean/status/833350083886379008
Sounds like he's gone for good. If we're lucky, a cold open flashback or two.

RJWaters2
Dec 16, 2011

He changed the numbers from 1216 to 1-800-273-8255! It was 1216, one after the year the Magna Carta was signed!

RJWaters2
Dec 16, 2011

Stretch this story as thin as you like, it's the journey not the destination. I don't expect or need Saul Goodman until the final season, much like Walter wasn't a kingpin until 5A.

RJWaters2
Dec 16, 2011

some guy on the bus posted:

But the journey still feels like it's at the beginning or close to it. Walt on the other hand was doing heinous unforgivable things in Season 2.

That's because Jimmy has been Saul since his teens, just without the suits and strip mall. Walter had much further to travel between Mr. C.H.i.P.s and Scarface.

RJWaters2
Dec 16, 2011

Crushed ibuprofen in a nitro capsule

RJWaters2
Dec 16, 2011

Venuz Patrol posted:

season 2 of both better call saul and breaking bad are bad. it seems like gilligan just isn't that good at connecting the initial premise with the rising action; in both cases he got bogged down in all these little character beats and motivations to get them set up properly for the legitimately great stuff later on, but it's quite boring trying to get there

I agree that character motivations are quite boring.

RJWaters2
Dec 16, 2011

CHUCKSBACK

RJWaters2
Dec 16, 2011

https://twitter.com/breakingdril/status/882979415025532928

https://twitter.com/breakingdril/status/886912241705992192

https://twitter.com/breakingdril/status/887682932596391938

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU