Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
Just set an alarm for five minutes before showtime tonight, I'm so drat excited. For anyone curious though AV Club has an advance review of the premiere without any major spoilers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

RJWaters2 posted:

Everyone pick a side - "Gus ruined the show" on the left side of the thread, "Gus makes the show" side on the right. I'm #TeamRuined
I mean I wouldn't want to see Walter or Jesse on the show, but BB stated that Gus and Mike have been working for a long time together. It makes reasonable sense to include Gus as a part of Mike's storyline. I don't want him to dominate the show, but I trust the showmakers not to do so. They spent two years teasing his inclusion, I don't think they're going to rush it.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

Stickarts posted:

The DON'T note pretty much has to be Gus, then, yea?
Either him or an associate who he got to stalk Mike out to the location. Gus called dibs on killing the cartel members years ago ok, Mike can't just steal his glory.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

1-800-DOCTORB posted:

Also did you notice that the actor that plays Jimmy also plays Saul Goodman in Breaking Bad? I wonder if there is some kind of connection.
Maybe Saul is like his cousin?

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Oh god, I'd nearly forgotten how last season ended but I'm watching last season's finale now before the new one comes on and it's all flooding back :smith:
It's that time of the year again - gently caress Chuck time.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
He wants to represent that guy so bad.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
A grand ol' reminder of Chuck being a gently caress.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
"What's the point?"

"To be a dick."

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
Top villains of Breaking Bad world.

Walter White.
Gus Fring.
Charles McGill.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
Oh poo poo IS IT GUS TIME ALREADY?

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

Hughmoris posted:

A beautiful show with great characters but the pacing is awfully slow. Half way through the episode and nothing has happened.
A lot of Breaking Bad was like that too.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
Semi-colons are the devil, I don't know why they exist.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
Oh right, it's time to remember that Chris Hardwick is loving everywhere again.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
I bet Ernesto has no idea what he heard and now Chuck is going insane.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

Steve2911 posted:

All he really has to do is show Kim the tape. She'd probably ditch Jimbo and voluntarily sacrifice Mesa Verde.

That wouldn't mend Chuck's ego though so he won't do that.
I don't see what good that would do. Kim is already aware of what Jimmy did with Mesa Verde, and has accepted it so she could have her case back.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

Ditocoaf posted:

If there's one actual flaw in BCS recently, it's that Jimmy's and Mike's stories are almost entirely separate. It used to be more frequent that Jimmy was up to poo poo that required Mike's help, and vice versa. And Nacho was originally introduced to Jimmy's storyline (in a way that made me think at first he'd be a pretty major character), but then disappeared for a while and resurfaced in Mike's storyline, never talking to Jimmy again. Hopefully they find a way to re-entwine the two plot threads.
Yeah I think especially in Season 2, their paths kind of deviated from one another. Mainly because Jimmy was trying to do things the straight and narrow way, if only because he thought it might endear Kim to him.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
Maybe the real tracker are the friends and enemies we made along the way.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

Shbobdb posted:

I hate Kim. She stole Jimmy's clients and is just generally a road block to Jimmy being Jimmy. Kim is a . . .
Competent and law-abiding citizen?

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
Who's ready for more of trackergate tonight?

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
Man the advertising team is really having fun with these Los Pollos Hermanos promotions.

In addition to the training videos, this is a mock commercial and a a goddamn website is up.

Guys I think they're really excited to have Gus on the show.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
Oh poo poo I didn't recognize her but you're right, she's the secretary at Saul's office.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
Definitely looks like her.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
Man Jimmy sucks at this spy stuff.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
Oh man my favorite character, blurry man in a yellow shirt!

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
Oh no Ernie. You're too precious for this show.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Noooooooooooo :smith: There goes Kim and Jimmy's relationship. gently caress.
Kim already knows what Jimmy did though.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
Better gently caress Chuck time.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

Hughmoris posted:

So maybe Chuck hired security so he can catch Jimmy trying to steal the tape?
I'm guessing that would explain the weird opening with the guy playing cards, if he's hired security.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
Ohh no, Jimmy don't do the thing :smith:

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
Hamlin the gently caress you doing?

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
Goddamit man, you gotta punch him!

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

ALL YOU HAD TO DO WAS LISTEN TO KIM, JIMMY.
I mean, wouldn't everyone in this show just be better off listening to Kim?

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
He can definitely be pinned for breaking and entering, as Chuck refused to let him inside, as well as breaking into a locked compartment. It's hard to say if they can do anything with the tape itself legally (if we're assuming Chuck placed a fake tape into the recorder with the assumption that Jimmy would try to steal it) but it could absolutely ruin Jimmy and Kim's reputations as lawyers if it gets played into the record. Chuck may not be able to put Jimmy in jail for tampering with his work, but he can absolutely use it to discredit him and have Kim lose her client.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
Personally I want this show to end on Jimmy changing his name to Saul Goodman. We don't need to see the early Saul years when we already know what that was like. Let it end on the beginning of Jimmy's new life.

Basically the closer we get to Saul's inception, the closer we get to the series ending.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

mobby_6kl posted:

So good episode, was great to see Gus, gently caress Chuck (no wait Chuck rules gently caress you), etc.

But what's the whole deal with the tracker? Not in the durr I don't understand what happened sense. But why the hell did they have such a huge covert handover process to deliver the dead tracker to Gus personally, when the henchmen could've just swap the battery and put it in a storage box for the next time. This whole thing seemed completely unnecessary unless... Gus set it all up as a test for Mike?! :tinfoil:
I wouldn't be surprised if it was a quasi-test. Gus had to know Mike would try to figure out who left the notice on his car and caused the horn to honk. He may not have intended it to be a test, but by the end I think he was clearly challenging Mike by leaving the tracker out on the road with a burner phone.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
Ok but what if Gus put a poo poo ton of nano-machine trackers in all his meth, so he can track every person who has every taken some via their blood?

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
Honestly I don't mind the long-drawn out scenes because now only two episodes in we're getting to the real chicken meat of everything.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
Netflix helps a lot with that.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

Big Mean Jerk posted:

There are people that still, to this day, refuse to accept that Walt became the show's villain the moment he killed Gus.
He was the show's villain long before Gus died.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

I just realized that if Jimmy's legal defense is "I was upset at being emotionally manipulated by my brother who I have done nothing but try to help and who has constantly treated me like poo poo," that puts him in a great position to ruin Chuck's relationship with Howard by making Howard testify about how he really feels about that crazy fucker.
Howard would definitely not say anything bad about Chuck in court. Chuck might be mentally dysfunctional, but he's still one of the founding partners of the law firm his father made. Unless he just wants to find a way to cut Chuck completely loose, but I don't think that's the case.

• Locked thread