Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Justin Credible
Aug 27, 2003

happy cat

Totally makes sense that she was recording him, especially with him getting all arrogant and talking to her like she's a child about how the proceedings will work. The lower bar for entry of evidence and all that is definitely a setup for a blowback on him using the same sort of thing. It might be too telegraphed to actually play out like that and they just work a totally different angle, but that's more of the setup-payoff nature of TV and movies talking than anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Justin Credible
Aug 27, 2003

happy cat

Steve2911 posted:

IIRC that was a doctor. The vet got him the second tracker.

Am I the only one to notice he was THE doctor? The one that takes care of them after the Eladio fallout in Mexico?

Justin Credible
Aug 27, 2003

happy cat

precision posted:

Yeah I've watched BrBa all the way through about 2 and a half times and while I remember Hector, Nacho, Tuco, the Twins, etc I don't really catch most of the super minor nods and definitely don't remember the spiderweb of cartel connections.

Nacho only exists in BCS aside from Saul's night desert escapade where he yells something about Ignacio. These shows blend together a LOT, aside from the pacing.

Justin Credible
Aug 27, 2003

happy cat

Well considering as soon as Walt sticks his fingers in the pies of what's going on in all this bodies start dropping and everything unravels. This show is about how all that stuff got put together in the first place by a number of extremely intelligent people doing everything they can to not be the cause of corpses.

Justin Credible
Aug 27, 2003

happy cat

Whiskey never tastes great.

On the other hand, I once had a shot in a plastic dixie cup of Cognac from record producer Jimmy Wonder who said it was 400/bottle in the early 2000's. That poo poo was like liquid butter but not greasy, was the smoothest alcohol I've ever consumed with zero burn. I haven't had much Cognac to compare it to but I think I remember the normal priced poo poo was pretty gross. It's been a long time. But that one shot has been seared into my memory.

Justin Credible
Aug 27, 2003

happy cat

Just lollin at peeps taking legit offense and feel the need to defend literal poison that smells and feels like drinking a wood fire somewhere between balsa and those pressed sawdust pellets with rubbing alcohol as an accelerant. Goodness. I didn't even say it tasted bad, just never great. Okay at best. I even gave an example of liquor I have tried that wasn't garbage like whiskey.

Glad to see I wasn't the only one who though Don Pratt instantly. Pretty much channeling the exact same energy just without the whiny tone.

Justin Credible
Aug 27, 2003

happy cat

I mean okay this drug guy who is playing a long game and in a battle with various elements in that world is scoping out a building, looking at something that tilts up and examining electricity components. And he gets into the car with someone and says something is moving forward. As a BB non-viewer (I'm not) it just seems like a more or less standard sort of mystery 'what are they up to' setup. Which I assume will have a payoff to the elements that were established, such as what he's looking to do with that space (they will, as I have seen BB).

No need to be terribly knee-jerky just because it might feel like a bunch of nods (it does, and is). Vince knows how to make a show with multiple layers. That's just one, the normal one of a setup and payoff and mystery to kind of mysterious, interesting characters is another.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Justin Credible
Aug 27, 2003

happy cat

As I recall, Walt pulled his gangmember-flattening act, Walt training Gail while Jesse was kept out of the picture and went into hiding with the help of Saul while Mike and co. hunted him to no avail. Then it Gail was ready, they take Walt on The Walk to the lab, he manages to use a phone to call Jesse because he tells Mike something along the lines of 'He was always the problem, right? I'll get him for you!' like he was desperate not to get killed right there. Uses that call to have Jesse pop Gail, after which we have the basement scene. Then Gus tries to wedge Jesse and Walt apart via Mike since I'm sure he figures Jesse is more easily controlled than a maniac like Walt, and knows how to cook, but also doesn't think him an idiot. Has Mike test this theory. Causes Mike to warm to him.

• Locked thread