Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
geeves
Sep 16, 2004

CaptainCaveman posted:

I guess Mike lucked out that they took the transmitter away instead of just swapping in a fresh battery.

It makes more sense to have an entire cap ready so the switch is done quickly and you don't draw attention to yourself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Longbaugh01 posted:

So glad I decided to catch up on this and that it's back. Mike is scary loving patient and cunning. I didn't even fully realize what he was doing until he pulled out the tracker at the end, and slowly wearing out the battery instead of just yanking it was genius.

I honestly didn't realize the level of Chuck-hate until I read this thread since I only just recently binged the show, and while I totally understand, holy gently caress does Michael McKean act the poo poo out of it. I've never seen him in anything as serious as this and he is great.

Alan Sepinwall posted an entertaining interview with Rhea Seehorn who plays Kim: http://uproxx.com/sepinwall/better-call-saul-rhea-seehorn-kim-wexler-interview/

Um. First off, it's an RF transmitter, not a GPS unit. Secondly, it seems to be a specialized unit and not something that would be sold retail which is why he needed the model/serial number. Thirdly, he needed the same exact model to find out how it and its tracking unit functioned and to fool whoever is tracking him. Fourth, you're probably just trolling and I fell for it, but it's ok because maybe someone reading this legitimately was wondering.

Yeah it seems to be a modern day (well, late 90s/early aughts) version of the tracker used in No Country For Old Men.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

UZR IS BULLSHIT posted:

In my headcanon Gene's last name is Parmesan.

He's got some bad news.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Jerusalem posted:

Anyway, I love this show, Michael McKean is amazing and part of the appeal is that Chuck is justified in many ways in his concerns/complaints about Jimmy but he's also an incredibly selfish, myopic rear end in a top hat who wants to keep his brother "where he belongs" as a drone/low level grunt who is inferior to Chuck "the Good Son" McGill.

I think there's just the sibling rivalry too, given the scene with their mother's death in the hospital. That could be interpreted as a "favorite son" approach that could have great effect on Chuck.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

ruddiger posted:

Dude's been looking the same since Scarface.

I love that that they cast loving Manny from Scarface as Don Eladio, seeing these two guys on screen together was fantastic.

Holy poo poo the cop from Gleaming the Cube!

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Last Chance posted:

Plus, all of the camera feeds went to Gus' laptop, and it was encrypted! Hank said they probably wouldn't have been able to get anything off of it anyway... That makes Jesse and Walt's magnet adventure completely useless and actively harmful to them. I always liked that they did that.

Walt was really smart, but also supremely stupid. I also liked that those were basically Hank's last words.

But that's a great plot / character dev point. Even though Walt, Jesse, etc. are creative, they don't know everything!

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

RedSpider posted:

This is false. I said having a suicide prevention hotline appear on the screen after a fictional character on a TV show kills himself was unartistic, and frankly, quite baffling. It took me out of the show.

I disagree, The Magicians had one during season 1. It wasn't after an episode with someone killing themselves but themed heavily with it. It was really fit well. They also did one with sexual assault.

Maybe it fits better with the audience they are reaching, but I don't think it's out of place or in bad taste.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

RedSpider posted:

So you're saying that films should now have a suicide hotline number appear before the credits if a character commits suicide?

No. I was saying if they did it's not a bad thing.

I'm also saying, Sorry your show is suddenly ruined for you because you're inconvenienced.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

The Human Crouton posted:

I watched for, and still did not see, a suicide hotline number when I rewatched today.

I think it was a hallucination only seen by whiny suicide wanters, who are ashamed they don't have the balls to end their life by fire like Chuck did.

They just lack the caring girlfriend that encourages them to get back in the car with the gas generator.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Whatever your side in the Better Call Saul Suicide Hotline Debate, that case is hosed up.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/judge-set-announce-verdict-texting-suicide-case-48076568

Agreed. I remember reading about it when it first came to light but didn't know until the last week or two that Roy said he wanted to live in one of his last texts to Carter.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

PostNouveau posted:

I've seen people bitching about that case in a few threads now. I can only imagine it's edgelords worried that they can't shitpost that people should kill themselves anymore.

I think there's a difference between hoping someone should kill themselves vs. being an intimate trusted confidant who is telling someone to quit being a pussy and end it.

Like I can hope that Trump and Pence take cyanide capsules while romantically embraced. But I can't be Pence's mother actively telling Trump and Pence to stop being pussies and end it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Sagebrush posted:

S4E1 is going to be a Very Special Episode about suicide prevention, using the fallout from Chuck's suicide as a framing device, that will end with Jimmy directly addressing the camera as Chuck comes out from behind a billboard, smiling, "On TV, sometimes things can get out of control. But in the real world, it's never too late to call"

I think it will be "Jimmy doesn't have to deal with that anymore" and "Kim leaves Jimmy because of his callousness".

• Locked thread