Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Data Graham posted:

I'm still missing something about the gas caps.

He asked for a cap for a Caprice, which I assume is what the "job" car is (the station wagon). But his personal car is a Chrysler. Which car did he buy the cap from the guy for? Why would he need another one for the job car?

I think he just wanted to check the store-rack to see what the car's cap should have looked like. As soon as he realized that the cap he'd pulled out of the car was not the correct-model cap for said car, the jig was up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Tenzarin posted:

Somehow where was 4 trackers.

1) The tracker the Bad Guys placed on the burner car
2) The tracker the Bad Guys placed on Mike's actual personal car
3) The tracker Mike bought
4) The tracker the Bad Guys brought in as a replacement when the battery on tracker 2 died

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

They prepared a new cap/tracker/battery before they went to Mike's house, so they could just make the swap on the spot. That's how Mike knew they would drive off with the one he put in the car.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

He just ditched it so he wouldn't be tracked during his meeting with the vet. Conversely, he doesn't need to hide the fact that he often goes home to his house.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Yeah it's literally her, she introduces herself as Francesca, I thought everyone without face-blindness would have noticed instantly.

When BB first introduced Mike, the show almost made a point of never mentioning his first name, let alone his last. Now someone says "Ehrmantraut" pretty much every episode.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

When Mike/Saul have their split in season 3 of BB, it's not the kind of split that suggests a betrayal between friends. I think the writers have been very careful to walk that line where the two find each other useful but exasperating, so as not to contradict the way they fall out later.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Fried chicken goes well with waffles because fried chicken goes well with any starch you want. Biscuits, rice, french fries, mashed potatoes... why wouldn't it be good with waffles? Open your mind and your heart.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

I'm honestly more excited to see the show introduce Lalo than in seeing Gus. A so-far unseen cartel bigwig who Jimmy and Nacho pull one over on, leaving Jimmy looking over his shoulder all the way into the BB era? Gimme that storyline, Vince.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Jimmy could get his car washed by Walt, since it's an encounter neither of them would particularly remember (Saul actually does say "that was you?" re: the car wash at one point).

I do not especially think this would be a worthwhile scene, but if they were to do it that would be pretty much the only way.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Ein cooler Typ posted:

someone on the podcast was saying Dean Norris was hard to work with. has anyone else heard this before? I haven't listened to all the podcasts but I guess they wouldn't say anything bad about him on The Breaking Bad podcast while that show was still going on

It's pretty obvious they were affectionately joking. I don't think they've ever sincerely poo poo-talked a colleague in their history of podcasting. Even if someone on set was a pain in the rear end at one point, it's impossible to picture Vince bringing it up publicly.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

cool new Polack jokes posted:

What are people talking about re: Walt and the car wash? What connection did he have to it before he bought it for a money laundering business?

cool new Polack jokes posted:

Walt was most definitely a teacher at this time in BCS. Gray Matter is implied to be about 20 years prior to the events of BB, and considering he was already educated, became a high school teacher shortly thereafter. Working at the car wash would make sense before Gray Matter than at any point after.

In season 1 of Breaking Bad, Walt works the car wash after school hours. There is even a scene in which he feels humiliated having to wash his own student's car. This desperate state of affairs demonstrates how tight the family's money is, and how much Walt has been forced to swallow his pride, two motivating factors that lead him to a life of crime. Walt quitting the car wash in a huff is a major plot point, as is lying to Skyler about continuing to work there. Later on, when Walt is talking with Saul about buying the car wash, Saul says "Wax on, wax off, was that you?". Saul then complains that the car wash always gives him too much air freshener, indicating that he has used this car wash several times.

It is therefore conceivable that, when he has a car worth washing, Jimmy/Saul may take that car to this car wash, leading to a chance encounter with Walt. However, this encounter would have to be utterly forgettable to both men, as they later do not recognize each other during the incident with Badger. Thus, it is uncertain whether the writers would consider such a scene worthwhile.

I hope this post clears up any confusion regarding Walt and Saul and car washes.

Supercar Gautier fucked around with this message at 09:04 on Apr 21, 2017

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Tenzarin posted:

They never specify if the chicken place is a fried chicken place or a fried chicken tender place, maybe they can solve this with another series?

In Breaking Bad Season 3 Episode 9, "Kafkaesque", we see a Los Pollos Hermanos commercial depicting the restaurant's chicken as bone-in rather than filets/tenders. However, this commercial shows whole rotisserie chickens, fading into wings that have been breaded and fried-- two very different cooking methods-- so the canon is not necessarily consistent here.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Yeah, the whole "hunters" gambit was so they wouldn't react to the final shot that actually mattered.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

I think Chuck also grossly underestimates Jimmy's abilities as a lawyer. He acknowledges Jimmy's knack for dirty tricks, but you know he's not even entertaining the possibility that Jimmy could put together a competent defense for himself.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

I like how Chuck is basically the only lawyer in town that Handyman Mike could have worked on; with anyone else, there'd be a risk they'd recognize him as the courthouse parking lot grump.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

I don't know how much more ground there is to cover in the Gus/Hector rivalry, but I'm kinda hoping the back half of the season gives us more Nacho. I think it's pretty likely he's doing the double agent thing, serving as Gus' man inside Hector's operation-- it's the simplest explanation for how Gus caught on to Mike's activities in the first place.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

She knows perfectly well that she's chasing sunk costs. That's why she says, out loud, that she is.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Secret Agent X23 posted:

Keep in mind that we don't see anything in BB that obliges us to think Kim is out of the picture. We just happen not to see her.

The main thing I'm thinking is, I don't think he would be clumsily creeping on Francesca so much if his love life with Kim were a-ok.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

maskenfreiheit posted:

I seriously doubt he actually wants to bed her, it's probably just a little casual sexual harassment. I mean if you had been dating Kim, would you try to bang Francesca? Would you really be that desperate?

Jimmy is perfectly cool with dating bigger ladies. Remember his date near the beginning of season 1?

It even runs in the family:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qDgCmzh5ao

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Your Gay Uncle posted:

So I haven't seen Season 3 since it aired but was the guy who brought Don Eladio the 3 bags of money the same guy that Salamonca killed in the pool in front of Gus?

Juan Bolsa is the guy who killed Danny Trejo's character for snitching. Gus later had Bolsa killed, as part of his scheme to ditch the cartel and start operating solo.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Ein cooler Typ posted:

but he didn't use the ricin for that he used lily of the valley

maybe he intended to use ricin and changed his mind?

He had to get the ricin out of Jesse's possession, so that Jesse would assume Brock had ingested it.

If Jesse had shredded his cigarettes and found the intact ricin capsule still inside, he would know something else had happened to Brock and Walt's whole scheme wouldn't work.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Steve2911 posted:

Wait, what was the secret behind BCS season 2's titles?

The first letter of each title could be arranged to spell "FRINGS BACK".

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Nimblest fingers in the ABQ

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

drunken officeparty posted:

Wouldn't a battery not in anything not affect Chuck? It isn't actually doing anything electrical or creating a field. Like the wires in walls don't bother him if nothing is actively drawing power through them. He only winced at Mikes drill when he pulled the trigger.

Chuck feels real symptoms, but they're tied to stress, not electrical fields. But since he's convinced himself that it's all about electricity, whenever he's aware of something electrical nearby, he gets, well, stressed. It's kind of a feedback loop.

This explains why he's not affected by anything he's not aware of, why things like batteries affect him even though it doesn't make sense that they would, why his condition worsens when Jimmy pulls shenanigans, and why it gets better when he feels in control. It all comes back to stress.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Astro7x posted:

So was the "bingo" moment from last week that they knew Chuck wanted to play the tape, so they could use the defense of entrapment which Kim and Jimmy wouldn't normally be able to do?

They didn't use an entrapment defense. Entrapment means something very specific that doesn't apply here, as Chuck correctly pointed out.

But they did need the tape to be played so that they could get into the details of what Chuck was doing during the recording, explain how his weird behaviour pressured Jimmy to say something that would put him at ease, and ultimately call both his illness and mental acuity into question. They'd never have been able to take the cross-examination down that path without the tape.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

If Huell stole something from Chuck that would be a problem, but he didn't do that. He just planted a harmless item on him.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Saul's BB office was in an L-shaped strip mall, the location hasn't been seen on BCS yet.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

If they do a third show in this setting, they're gonna need to start coming forward in time, not jump backward again.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

He's not going to do nice commercials for discerning clients. This whole plot point is to bridge the gap between the reasonably good commercials he was making before, to the absolute garbage slide-whistles-and-clipart ones he makes in BB.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

I don't think Mike and Lydia hated each other before she tried to have him killed, but he does allude to knowing some hosed up poo poo she's done that seems to go back further than the henchman kill list, so maybe we'll see some of that.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Also, HHM could perfectly well have given Jimmy a cornfield job when he passed the bar-- it's not like it was partner-or-nothing. It was Chuck who insisted that even the lowliest doc-review job was too good for Jimmy.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Jesse's first scene, when he's climbing out the window of the neighbour lady he's banging.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Sagebrush posted:

So because Nacho isn't around in Breaking Bad, and in last week's episode Mike prominently emphasized replacing the pills after Hector takes them and gets hosed up...it seems pretty clear that the reverse-switch isn't going to go quite as smoothly and Nacho's gonna be in deep poo poo, right?

We still have to see the Lalo storyline before Nacho skips town or dies.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Going all in

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

RedSpider posted:

I can't tell you how loving sick I am of Chuck's bullshit mental illness and the amount of time this show spends on it. We seriously had about 15 minutes of Chuck's bullshit in a house searching for power sources in THE loving SEASON FINALE. WHAT IN THE gently caress.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

The flashforwards have only been at the start of each season, there's never been one at the end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Jonathan Banks got a nomination instead of McKean because the Emmys are driven by inertia. Once you're established as Someone The Emmys Nominate, they'll just keep on doing it.

• Locked thread