Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«6 »
  • Post
  • Reply
Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?

Influence Sheet!


Marcus:

You’re currently with Nirian, seated down on a large stool. Nirian is currently working on… well, your insides. While you’re powered on. She claims to have cast a spell of electricity resistance, but… she still kind of smells a bit seared. Nonetheless, Nirian is pretty much the only one in the entire kingdom who CAN maintain or repair you. You’re not sure how, exactly, but she’s the Oracle – very little about her makes sense about her.

Unfortunately… being the only one who can repair you doesn’t mean she’s very good at it.

As if to illustrate the fact, she pulls something out of you and sighs. As she does so, your vision goes dark. “This thing’s burned out as well… We really need to get some replacement tools. She continues fiddling with your insides as the door opens, revealing Avagran, who entered the room with your companions in tow.

“Hmm, if I put this thing here and connect that to this…” she mumbles to herself, and suddenly your vision returns, albeit in a very deep tint of pink.

Avangran coughs to draw her attention. Nirian, with her hands still inside you, pokes her head out to look at the speaker. “I’ve brought the Pages like you requested, Oracle.” he explains.


Everyone:

“Ah, thank you, Sir Avangran. Let’s not waste time, everyone here is quite busy, so I’ll get to the point. Marcus, here, is in need of replacement parts. He’s still in good condition, but there is an ungodly amount of rust in his inner workings. Almost every component needs replacing.” Nirian reveals.

Avangran looks at her in a state of shock. “But… But where would we get these… parts? I certainly have not seen any of these… things before.” he admits, walking past Marcus and looking at Marcus’ insides with a degree of amazement. His scholarly curiosity must have been ignited.

“I’ve already got that –“ Nirian starts, before suddenly getting hit by a seemingly incredibly powerful electric shock. Avangran pulls her away from Marcus, who’s close to panic due to worrying about the Oracle’s survival. … However, Nirian stands up like nothing happened. “Whoops, Resistance magic ran out.” she quips rather nonchalantly as the horrible smell of something burnt rises in the air. It’s a good thing she wasn’t wearing her usual Oracle dress…

“Please don’t take that so lightly, Lady Nirian! You could have died!” Avangran points out, frightened.

Nirian just shrugs and faces the lot of you, after closing up Marcus’ back. “Anyway, as I was saying, I’ve already know where to go. She puts her finger on a map on the wall. “These old-world ruins should have what we’re looking for.” she explains.

“Wait, hold on, isn’t that the Sharville containment area?” Avangran notes. “That is a very dangerous place to go…”

“That’s why I told you to bring these seven Pages here.” Nirian reveals. “They are more than adequate to deal with the task.”

Avangran looks back at you, with a bit of a bitter smile. He seems somewhat… doubtful about that statement.


Lady Fury

Ruins, huh? Well, it’s something far away from civilization, at the very least. Something you could very much use right now. After all, you’ve grown uncomfortably used to hate because of what you got turned into, and the commoners, ever frightful, are quite liberally ignoring your noble status to tell you how much they don’t want you around.

But yesterday… was especially bad. What happened?


Vane Drake

Lightblade surprised you with a visit yesterday. During that visit, she’s gifted you a new set of armor, of higher quality than your previous one. While the increase in combat potential is naturally quite welcome… Why did she give this to you? Could it be that despite your victory in the duel, she doesn’t entirely take you seriously? Or is she just worried?


Red Errant

Ughh! Drake got some new armor. It pisses you off, doesn’t it? The fact that he’s just GIVEN all these things which cost more money than what your village makes in a year! So needless to say, you’re already ticked off. And now this guy comes along, and he doubts your capability as well!

But, at the very least, Nirian seems to be on your side. Did you expect her to vouch for you like that? And what do you think about this quest she proposed?


Sentinel

You’re still trying to figure out where it all went wrong. Yesterday, you were at that event with the other two Sentinels, and you little was expected of you but to be present and smile.

And somehow, this all turned into a mess of epic proportions, and you’re the one who gets to shoulder it! Recalling the chain of events, you were just taking a break from the spotlight in a quiet corner when your father suddenly appeared. He loudly demanded that you make the Oracle come to his domain, by any means possible, to help him in some political matters. Before you could even respond to him, your grandfather appeared, and yelled your father, that doing so would be incredibly foolish, as the Oracle has loudly announced on multiple occasions that she will not meddle in politics, and to do so would draw her ire.

And in turn, your grandfather demanded that you stay away from the Oracle, as she’s been bombarded by dozens of demands from your father in that week alone, and to antagonize her further would possibly bring ruin to the entire family were she to refuse to assist in crises in the future. And he was very, very adamant about this. On the other hand, Nirian also requested your help here, and to refuse to help would surely anger her, who already has a strained relationship with your family and is currently relying on your assistance.

What do you even do here? It seems you can’t really get away without angering at least one of the three… probably more.


Ghorza Rockbiter

For some reason, you feel that this atmosphere is a lot more charged than it should be. Red Errant seems irate, Sentinel seems distracted, Marcus is… well, Marcus, and according to Nirian has some problems on his own, and…

And Lady Fury looks quite sad about something. That’s not okay! You need to wipe away all this gloom and doom! Immediately!


Gateway

Somewhat amazingly, you seem to be one of the least troubled people in the room, at this moment. A rare occasion, is it not? However, you’re already well aware that that won’t last very long, most likely. But still, feeling happy because you aren’t having problems right now while others are would be wrong, too. Perhaps speaking a few words of encouragement to your comrades might lighten the mood a little.

But then again, it dawns on you that Marcus' needing repairs might have been your fault, so... maybe not?


Matakite

This situation is somewhat amusing, is it not? In a way, you’re going on a raid. Granted, this time the occupants of the target are long dead, but there’s still quite a lot of your previous knowledge that can be applied here. Speaking of previous knowledge, someone you didn’t want to see again showed up again. Namely, Sharp-Eye. You were half-expecting him to call in a favor, but it seems you managed to dodge that this time. However, he brought news from Con Rit. Unpleasant news.

Do you remember that Amulet you borrowed from him on behalf of Helivan? Well… he kind of wants it back. The problem is, that is kind of impossible, and he’s aware of it. So, instead, he demands another favor, to be called in in the near future. And his favors… usually aren’t simple to fulfill.

+1 Obligation with Con Rit.

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at Apr 7, 2017 around 19:25

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 4, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!



Freak +2 | Danger +1 | Savior +0 | Superior +0 | Mundane +0
Potential:
0 | Conditions: None | Location: Meeting Hall


It was quiet. Quiet was fine. Mind, most days were fine. If there was a disaster every day, no way would she ended up as a page. But the tension was always there, which made the quiet always valuable.

"Oh, ah, hey, Marcus.", she says, tilting slightly in a half-bow of apology, raising a hand...

Yesterday: Fire erupts from one hand as Signý heats Marcus up. "Ah, you're okay with pyre, I'm going to pull on some aer-", she says, reaching out with her other hand...

"... so, fire tornado, um, who knew there was such a thing, huh?", she adds, embarrassed. "I'm sorry!", she says, putting her hands together as if begging before rising a little to look over them. "... again. Still!" She looks to Nirian, as if extending the apology towards her as well. Then again, Nirian didn't seem too miserable, at least. She almost seemed to be having fun. But the Oracle often seemed to be in good cheer regardless of the situation.

Still, she says to Sir Avangran. "Oh, what's the worst that could-" Wait, bad question, especially from somebody that had to explain a "accidental flamenado" the other day. "- so, ah, what's being contained? Don't get that look, we'll be fine! Right?" She looks to Sentinel expectantly, as if counting on him to back her up on that.

pre:
Signý Amalasuintha, the Gateway



Playbook: The Nova

Freak +2	Danger +1	Savior +0	Superior +0	Mundane +0

Abilities

Planecaller: Signý can summon extraplanar matter and energy and manipulate it, though the more matter or power she
calls upon, the harder it is to shape or even direct. She can also summon beings, but with similar limitations on
control. She can also draw upon the physical laws of other planes to temporarily overwrite those of the local area, 
though this can easily cause fallout or collateral damage if done broadly.

Moves

Burn: When you charge up your powers, roll +Team. On a hit, hold 3 Burn. On a 7-9, burn a Team, or mark a condition if
you have no Team. On a miss, hold 2 Burn, and either burn 3 Team or mark two conditions.

FlaresReality Storm Planar Flux: You channel a destructive burst with your powers. Spend 1 Burn to directly engage a threat
using your powers, rolling + Freak instead of + Danger. If you do, you will cause unwanted collateral damage unless you
spend another Burn.

❑ Constructs Unworldly Ally: Spend up to 3 Burn to create a construct that will obey your orders. Each Burn you spend
gives the construct an additional condition it can mark, choose: Broken, Stunned, Confused, Fragile, Weakened. The
construct is only good for physical actions. When the construct would trigger a move, roll + the Burn spent in its
creation (max +3) instead of the normal Label. At the end of any scene, the construct dissipates.

❑ Move Port-cut: Spend 1 Burn to move to any place you choose within the scene, breaking through or slipping past any 
barriers or restraints in your way.

❑ Overcharge Dimensional Fusion: You let loose with the full torrent of your powers without restraint. Spend 1 Burn and
mark a condition to take a 10+ on unleashing your powers.

Team Moves

When you share a triumphant celebration with someone, ask them if you see fear in their eyes. If they say no, take +1
forward and mark potential. If they say yes, immediately shift your Danger up and Savior down.

When you share a vulnerability or weakness with someone, tell them how you think they can stop you. Give them Influence
over you, and clear a Condition.

Moment of Truth: It’s like your mind’s eye opens up, and you can see the world around you like never before. You can
control it, at will, with ease. Of course, warping reality tends to have ramifications down the line, but in your moment
of godhood...how could you possibly be worried?

Relationships

You hang out all the time with Red Errant, to blow off steam.

You once hurt Marcus when you lost control of your powers.

Influence

If you choose happy facade, give influence to 3 teammates.

Lady Fury, Red Errant, and Sentinel.

Alien Rope Burn fucked around with this message at Apr 6, 2017 around 22:27

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004




Freak +2 | Danger +2 | Saviour -1 | Superior +0 | Mundane +0
Potential:
1 | Conditions: None | Location: Meeting Hall


The thing is, Con Rit is a sea serpent. And no longer was the great one-eyed seeress Matakite a prisoner of the seas. So while she assured Sharp-Eye that she would indeed repay the might water wyrm her debt, she wasn't actually planning on doing anything at all ever. She'd deal with it if she got forced out to sea again. Which wasn't going to be any time soon. Watertight plan.

She is leaning back on a chair, which being old and meant to lowly recruit squeaked every time she rocked back and forth. "Question," Matakite does not remember the name of the knight so does not attempt to address him more than informally. "You got smithys and engineers and like here, aye? They can't machine something to fit, like?"

The Reformed posted:

Name: Matakite

Playbook: The Reformed

Look: Woman, Polynesian, Wary amber eye, Traditional fashion, Tattered costume



Labels:

Freak +2 | Danger +2 | Saviour -1 | Superior +0 | Mundane +0

Conditions:

□ Afraid (-2 to directly engage)
□ Angry (-2 to comfort or support or pierce the mask)
□ Guilty (-2 to provoke someone or assess the situation)
□ Insecure (-2 to defend or reject what others say)
□ Hopeless (-2 to unleash your powers)

Abilities:

Genius Intellect Seer
Supernatural insight.

Once in a generation in me village, a little girl is born with amber eyes. And that were me. I could see things others couldn't, how things were going to happen. Visions. A feeling of something good or bad, if I really focus the vision is more and more clear like it's happening right in front of me eyes. And me natural gifts in divination were enhanced by the pounamu eye that replaced my natural left eye. It's a type of greenstone, and this one had been passed down from seeress to seeress for many generations.

Reformed Moves

What the hell, hero?
When you call out an injustice that a hero has perpetrated, roll + Danger. On a hit, take Influence over them. On a 7-9, choose one. On a 10+, choose two.
- You get them to admit their wrongdoing
- You win over an onlooker; take Influence over them
- You don’t turn their attention and anger onto yourself
On a miss, they dismiss you; mark a condition (their choice), shift Danger up, Savior down.

Wrong side of the tracks
You always get to ask an additional question when you pierce the mask of a villain, even on a miss. When you pierce the mask of a hero (your call), add this question to the list:
- what was your darkest moment?

Friends in Low Places

Galene! Weapons - 0 obligation



Frequent shipwrecks prove to be bountiful for those who can scavenge them. One of those being mermaids, unafraid to dive deep to take the best of sunken convoys and deep sea treasures. One of the more loquacious mermaids as well, given to talk to land-walkers over killing and eating them, she has set up a quite successful scavenged weapons dealership along the coast.

Sharp-Eye! Insider info - 2 obligation



This bird man was a temporary crew-mate of Matakite, taking over the birds nest and refusing to leave for several months. Unable to dislodge him without losing the mainsail, this bird man agreed to lookout in exchange for the crows nest. Nobody else much cared for him but Matakite, who herself was something of an outcast amongst the crew. Through their many talks, Matakite and Sharp-Eye became friendly and the seeress learnt that he was very good at seeing and hearing what he wasn't meant to. A little bit similar to Matakite's visions. Except real.

Con Rit, the Dreaded and Awful! Magical artefacts - 2 obligation



Most encounters with sea serpents end with a scuttled ship and a dead crew. But every now and then, one can encounter an intelligent beast. Usually they end up with a scuttled ship and a dead crew too, but not so for Con Rit. He was cleverer than most, and found it to be far more profitable to terrorise island hicks and scare them into worshipping him as a god. Which means tribute. Con Rit, not resting on his laurels, then on-sells the most treasured ones to get specific items or favours that he needs. He is one tricksy dragon.

Moment of Truth

You’ve seen your greatest mistakes, and the rest of the world has, too. ey’re all watching you now, judging every move you make. When everything is on the line and your back is against the wall, though, you’ll show them what you’re made of—that being a hero is a choice. An act of will. And you’ve got what it takes to save the day. Of course, a erward, you can expect both sides, hero and villain, to deeply question where your loyalties truly lie...

Team Moves

When you share a moment of triumph with someone, ask them what gives them hope for a brighter day and give them Influence.

When you share a vulnerability or weakness with someone, ask them what they would do something dark for and gain Influence over them.

Relationships

I’ve earned the trust of Ghorza Rockbiter, and I follow their example of what a hero should be.

> Green lass seems to have her rocks together, aye?

I did something terrible to Lady Fury once. I hope they can forgive me one day.

> I needed a lot of human feathers for a spell, aye? Just so happened the waves of fate found Lady Fury to take them from. Heard the lads treated her mighty rough, like.

Influence

Do you talk openly about your days as a villain? If so, give each team member Influence over you.

When our team first came together…

We fought a terrible enemy from my old life. Who was it and what did they take from me?

Robodog fucked around with this message at May 8, 2017 around 23:41

Scrree
Jan 15, 2008

WHEN ONE STRIKES THY NEIGHBOR THEY STRIKE THEMSELVES.
WHEN ONE FEEDS THY NEIGHBOR THEY FEED THEMSELVES.
THERE IS NO OTHER.



Freak: +2 | Danger: +1 | Saviour: +0 | Superior: +2 | Mundane: -2
Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: N/A | Location: Meeting Hall

"I am now blind." Marcus says helpfully, as Nirian pokes around his insides. He hears footsteps enter the room, "I am still blind." Nirian makes some kind of complaint about his insides, and then connects something within him to something else. Vision returns in a bright, pink flash.



"Ah. I can see again." Although, not perfectly. The vivid shade of pink did not prevent him from recognizing his mentor and fellow pages, "Hello Avangran!" He happily nodded towards the Knight, generally pleased at his presence. He turned with slightly more hesitation towards the rest of the group, "Hello, all." It felt... odd, them being in the room while he was inspected and repaired. They could see into his inner circuits! Well, if Avangran and Nirian weren't concerned by his... nudity? Then his feelings were probably wrong. This was just another situation he had to learn to be comfortable with.

Marcus turned in shock at the Oracle's announcement of his own state of disrepair. "Really? Rust? I do try hard to keep dry, and--" And then Marcus feels a small fraction of his own energy leap from his insides into Nirian. The sound and smell of electricity briefly fills the air. "Oh!" Marcus exclaims, awkwardly turning body on the repair table. "I'm so sorry. I didn't mean too!" Nirian waves off his apologies, and shuts the hatch on his back as she addresses Sir Avangran.

Finally free to move, Marcus nearly leaps off the examination table. Oh! How angry he was at his own electricity! How dare it shock the Lady Nirian, who so kindly and selflessly gave her time and effort to expertly skillfully wholeheartedly maintain him! If he could separate his light-blood from his body, he would. And he, and he would slap it! And make it apologize, as was proper! But that was impossible. Instead, Marcus decided that he would dedicate himself utterly to whatever the Oracle asked of him, and was she was asking was... to find replacement parts, for him. That was so kind.

"I have no knowledge of these ruins." Marcus states his ignorance habitually, "But, I must admit, I do believe I am in need of some repairs," he flexed all ten of his metal fingers, to him, they caught and reflected a deeply-pink light, "Yet I am not so... injured? As to be unable to participate in the search for my own replacement parts." He curls the fingers of his right hand into a fist, places it over his chest, and bows deeply towards the other pages, "I am thankful to you all. When my body is returned to full condition; I will only use it to serve the Knights, and Arklan." He shot a glance at Avangran -- Marcus had spoken patriotically, as his mentor said 'was safest.' It's not like Marcus intended to ever work against Arklan, but it seemed even hinting at the possibility was potentially dangerous? In any case, he meant everything he said, especially his thanks to the other pages.

There they stood, all seven of them, looking normal and knowledgeable, with a place in the world, and a purpose in their hearts. For a second, Marcus only saw them as statues -- still figures extolling all the virtues he lacked, but then they breathed and moved and his mind picked up the expressions of their faces, Lady Lindenhall looked a little dour. Sentinel seemed.. frustrated, distracted? And of course, Gateway was looking at him apologetically.

He nodded at her half-bow. "I did not know Fire Tornados existed. And now I do. I have learned many things from our sparring." Of course, the 'sparing match' had involved with Marcus being flung through a tree, so heated up that his normally rigid armor was softened, and ended with Marcus being thrown out of the tornado more damaged then he'd ever been in his life -- directly in front of Nirian, who smiled like she'd foreseen all of this. Which she had. "Once I am fully repaired, we should spar again. Perhaps... not with fire magic, if possible."

Matakite's voice drew his attention. She was addressing Avangran, but Marcus was able to answer her question -- which was rare. A little excited, he stepped forward, "For a smith to recreate one of my parts, they'd need to examine it in full from every angle. Therefore, the parts would have to be outside of me. Even if the the new parts fit perfectly, there's no guarantee I would reawaken after the process was completed. I might end up -- permanently deactivated." Marcus flinched slightly at his own words. He'd meant to say 'dead', yet as he looked at Matakite -- who had certainly seen human blood split in her time as a pirate -- he felt like directly equating himself with a human would be... offensive? The feeling was inexplicable, yet too strong to simply ignore.

Marcus shook his head and looked at Avangran, "Am I speaking correctly, teacher?"

quote:

Hero Name: Marcus 'Marc'
Real name (if You Have One (Unknown to Marcus)): Mark-Six
Look: Man, Metal Skin, Plain Clothing, Your Own Skin

Marcus Now.

Abilities: Your powers are based on your unique physical configuration. Choose 2 and describe how they are part of your body.

- Solid Light Projections - Solar tools.
- Elemental Form - Being a Robot

LABELS

FREAK +2
DANGER +1
SAVIOUR +0
SUPERIOR +2
MUNDANE -2

Newborn Moves:

Role Model

You are inspired by your teammates, and strive to be like them. Choose another PC who holds Influence over you to be your role model. You can shift your role model at any time to someone else who has Influence over you.

At the beginning of the session hold 1. Spend your hold to use one of your role model’s moves.

Meet Your Maker

When you approach your creator or caretakers with a problem, tell them what obstacle you face or what you need to achieve, and they will offer you something you need.
The GM chooses one:
•secret information
•a way to temporarily boost or expand your powers
•access to instruments, weapons or resources
•Official and explicit backing.
If you accept their help, they will rewrite one of your lessons for you.

A New Life

Blank slate: You were created with basic understanding of the world. When you learn something that helps you make sense of the world, write it down as a lesson. Fill in two lessons when you create your character; fill in the other two when you've learned those lessons during play.
□ I am A Warrior
□ A knight should Know As Much As Possible
Always try to understand what drives your opponents.
Never _____

When you embody one of your lessons, shift 1 label up and 1 label down, your choice. If you cause misunderstanding, collateral damage or unintended consequences, mark potential. When you reject one of your lessons, reject its influence as if it were an NPC. If you choose to have it lose Influence over you, erase that lesson and write a new one.

Regeneration
When you’re taken out, you can trigger an emergency regeneration process. If you do, your body undergoes an unpredictable transformation, and in mere moments, you’re back on your feet and ready to fight. Clear three conditions, and choose three from the list below:
● Change your gender identity or presentation
● Change your physical appearance
● Forget all your lessons
● Lose an important memory of a teammate; they lose Influence over you
● Swap an ability with another one from the Newborn playbook


Moment of Truth

Something snaps into focus, and you’re free of all the pressure and expectations and doubts. You know what to do, and your body and powers evolve to give you the strength to see it through. You’re new, exceptional, amazing. Of course, when something like you appears, there’s always someone who wants to control it...

Team Moves

When you share a triumphant celebration with someone, ask them what makes them proud or happy about the actions they took, and write down a new Lesson based on it. 

When you share a vulnerability or weakness with someone, if their response helps you understand human feelings and problems, mark potential. If their response confuses or offends you, shift your Freak up and your Mundane down.

Relationships

_____ shows you around and tells you how things work.
The behavior of ______ confuses you again and again.

Influence


You’re receptive to how people think and behave around you. Give influence to all of
your teammates.

Scrree fucked around with this message at Apr 9, 2017 around 23:09

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004




Freak +2 | Danger +2 | Saviour -1 | Superior +0 | Mundane +0
Potential:
1 | Conditions: None | Location: Meeting Hall


"No just replacing parts? Ah right." Matakite nods thoughtfully. "So like, if we had to get new lungs for Greenie…" She nods towards Ghorza. "Cannae just cut them out and take a nice look while we get another one, aye? More like a living thing than clock, you are."

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006




Freak: +2 | Danger: -1 | Saviour: +0 | Superior: +2 | Mundane: +0
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: N/A | Location: Meeting Hall

I tilt my head quizzically at Marcus, "So we... need to find you new insides?" I ask him. I realize Marcus is different from the rest of us, but the very idea that we can "heal" him by finding new... parts? for him is... a little difficult for me to understand. "I will be honest; I do not fully understand how your body works, but, if there's one thing I do know," I cross my arms across my chest, and smile confidently, "It is that you need our help, and I would gladly gather these "parts" for you, my friend!"

...Truthfully, I am far more worried about Lady Fury than I am of Marcus. What happened that made her so... sad? And why... does seeing her like this bother me so much?

I should... I should check on her. See what's troubling her. Maybe... I can help her, somehow?

I get up from my seat, and make my way towards Lady Fury. "Um, excuse me, Lady Fury? You, uh, seem a little troubled. Is... is everything okay? Is... is there anything I could help you with?"

The Outsider posted:


Name: Ghorza Rockbiter
Mask: Outsider
Looks: woman, all-orc, animalistic eyes, no human clothing, your people's uniform


Abilities
You can fly are incredibly athletic, and you're pretty tough. Choose any two of the following:
❑❑ alien orc weaponry
❑❑ stunning beauty or pheromones imposing presence


Labels
Freak: +2
Danger: -1
Savior: +0
Superior: +2
Mundane: +0


Moves
❑❑ Belong in two worlds: You have the resources that come with your station. Whenever you contact your people, roll + Superior. On a 10+, hold 3. On a 7-9, hold 2. On a miss, hold 1, but your people make an uncomfortable demand of you. Spend your hold 1 for 1 to:
- receive a useful piece of alien technology orc artifact that will allow you to use any ability from another playbook once (choose the ability when you spend the hold)
- consult your people’s knowledge to ask the GM a question about the current situation
- clear a condition through the comfort of contact with your home

❑❑ The best of them: When you comfort or support someone by telling them how they exemplify the best parts of humanity, roll + Freak instead of + Mundane.

❑❑ Kirby-craft Daisy, Ghorza's loyal wyvern: You have a vehicle, something from your home. Detail its look, and choose two strengths and two weaknesses. When you are flying your wyvern, you can use it to unleash your powers, directly engage a threat, or defend someone using Superior.
Strengths: Fast & maneuverable, powerful weaponry
Weaknesses: Susceptible to ice magic, easily detectable,

Moment of Truth
You embrace your home and call them for aid. They will answer your call—in force!—arriving exactly when you need them to turn the tide. They fight and serve you for the rest of the battle. Of course, when all is said and done...they’d probably like to take you home with them. You did, after all, just prove yourself worthy.

Team Moves
When you share a triumphant celebration with someone, take Influence over them if you show them meaningful affection, physical or emotional. They decide if it’s meaningful.

When you share a vulnerability or weakness with someone, they tell you what you should do to fit in more. Take +1 forward to do it, and mark potential if you do.

When our team first came together...
We didn’t trust each other at first, but that changed. How? Why?

Relationships
You’ve been learning about Earth Arwintar by spending time with Gateway.
You have a crush on Lady Fury but you keep it under wraps.

Influence
If you’re cheerful, you’re thrilled to be here. Give everyone Influence over you.

Tardzilla fucked around with this message at Apr 4, 2017 around 17:55

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




Freak: -1 | Danger: -1 | Savior: +3 | Superior: +0 | Mundane: +2
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: N/A | Location: Meeting Hall

I leaned against the wall, my spear at my side. I knew little of the workings of magic, so I was content to trust in Lady Nirian's guidance when it came to the man of metal. Though, to be perfectly fair, my mind was far from the chamber from which we all stood. It was still mulling over the events of the night before. The Lightblade herself, my dear aunt, had seen fit to gift me a new set of armor. It was a far cry from the hunting garb I had been using and it fit like a glove. Despite the shimmering scales that now covered me, I had experienced little trouble moving through my paces during my morning practice.

The gesture was appreciated — if a little worrisome that she thought it was necessary — for it was the only acknowledgment I had received of my accomplishment from family. My dear father and elder brother seemed content to see me gone and Adwin was, quite understandably, still a little upset over the entire situation. Was it a warning to beware of treachery? She had confidence enough to support my application to the order, so it couldn't be that. Could it? I thought for a moment further. No, it was unlikely. That seemed a bit sideways for my aunt. If she lacked confidence, it would have been communicated directly.

I looked over to Lord Halder, the newest man to bear the title of 'Sentinel of the Southern Realms.' He seemed distinctly troubled on this fine morning. I wonder what could have brought his mood down such? I pushed myself off the wall and walked over to him. I clapped him on the shoulder, "A fine day for an adventure, is it not?" Then in a lower voice. "What troubles you, Lord Halder?"

The Beacon posted:

Name: Lord Vane Drake
Rank: Third Son of the Duke of Sommerlund
Nom de Guerre: 'The Ranseur of Sommerlund'; 'Hero of Sharville'
Look: Man, Pretty Face, Stylish Clothing, Stylish Costume

Abilities:
Polearms, Acrobatics

Labels:
Freak -1
Danger -1
Savior +3
Superior +0
Mundane +2

Moves:
❑ Suck it, Domitian:
When you stand strong while dramatically under fire, roll + Savior instead of + Danger to directly engage a threat.

❑ Pretty much a Knight:
When you bring up your nom de guerre to someone important (your call) for the first time, roll + Savior. On a hit, they’ve heard of you; say which of your exploits they’ve heard about and which Label they think applies. On a 7-9, the GM will tell you something else they’ve heard, and pick a second Label they assign to you. On a miss, they don’t take you seriously or mistrust you moving forward.

❑ Never give up, never surrender:
When you take a powerful blow from someone with far greater power than you, use this move instead of the basic move. Roll + Savior. On a hit, you stand strong and choose one. On a 7-9, mark a condition.
- you get an opportunity or opening against your attacker
- you rally from the hit, and it inspires the team; add 1 Team to the pool
- you keep your attacker’s attention
On a miss, you go down hard but leave your opponent off balance and vulnerable.

❑ Won't let you down
When you help a teammate, you can spend 2 out of the team pool to add +2 to their roll.

Drives:
Choose four drives to mark at the start of play. When you fulfill a marked drive, strike it out, and choose one: mark potential, clear a condition, take Influence over someone involved.

When your four marked drives are all struck out, choose and mark four new drives. When all drives are struck out, change playbooks, retire from the life, or become a knight of the realm.

❑ lead the team successfully in battle
❑ kiss someone dangerous
❑ punch someone you probably shouldn’t
❑ help a teammate when they most need you
❑ take down a threat all on your own
❑ outperform an knight or squire
❑ pull off a ridiculous stunt
❑ save a teammate’s life
❑ get drunk or high with a teammate
❑ drive a fantastical vehicle
❑ get a new set of armor
❑ get a new nom de guerre
❑ earn the respect of a knight or squire you admire
❑ make out with a teammate
❑ punch out a teammate
❑ break up with someone
❑ stop a fight with calm words
❑ tell someone your true feelings for them
❑ travel to an incredible place (or time)
❑ reject someone who tells you “you shouldn’t be here”

Moment of Truth:
This is the moment when you show them exactly why you belong here. You do any one thing, take out any one enemy, no matter how insane, no matter how ridiculous, because that’s you. Their jaws are gonna drop when you’re done. Of course, pulling off a stunt like this tends to bring unwanted attention and a dangerous reputation...

Team Moves:
When you share a triumphant celebration with someone, tell them how they’re awesome and add a Team to the pool. If they tell you how you’re awesome in return, add another Team to the pool.

When you share a vulnerability or weakness with someone, ask them to confirm or deny that you should be here. If they confirm it, mark potential and give them Influence over you. If they deny it, mark Angry and shift one Label up and one Label down, your choice

When our team first came together...
We found signs that this incident was just the start of something bigger. What were the signs?

Relationships
Ghorza Rockbiter is awesome, and you take every chance you get to hang out with them.
You’ve got to prove yourself to Sentinel before you feel like a real knight.

Influence
You are so excited to be here. Give Influence over you to three of your teammates.

Tricky fucked around with this message at Jul 3, 2017 around 20:30

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.



Freak: +1 | Danger: +2 | Savior: -1 | Superior: +1 | Mundane: +0
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: N/A | Location: Meeting Hall

Look at him! Look at him! I glare at him under the cover of my crimson helm. My eyes completely hidden. Lord Vane stood there all shiny in his stupid armour that looked so gods drat good on him. It was infuriating how good he looked!

//*These thoughts are far from healthy Lilly*\\ Pater whispered into her ear.

I squeeze the sword a bit. Yeah, shut up. I'm not obsessed with him or anything...! I'm just trying to work out how to take my eternal vengeance against his family for abandoning my village to their fate. That involved studying his every move carefully.

//*Oh? Then why are you staring at his-*\\

OH! LOOK! MARCUS IS BACK ON HIS FEET! YAY!! LET'S GO TALK TO HIM!!

I hurry over to the robot, happy for the distraction. Pater goes into one of his mocking silences. He has many silences. Most of them mocking. This one was a class 2. 'Ha, you fled like a coward' silence.

"Glad to see you're up and about again, Marcus. I'd be happy to assist in getting new parts. I've come across the basic idea before. A cart loses a wheel, you replace the wheel. Marcus was just a vastly more complicated cart. Look, I know I'm not very smart, give me a break here. i did well just working that much out!

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?


Freak: +0 | Danger: -1 | Savior: +2 | Superior: +0 | Mundane: +2
Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: None! | Location: Meeting Hall

I startle as Vane addresses me, blinking a few times before my attention comes back into focus. Did I look troubled? I suppose I must have. With what had happened with Father and Grandfather, keeping my guard up was the last thing on my mind. I give him a small smile, whispering back to him,

“It’s nothing, really. Just… family business, I suppose. And I told you, didn’t I? Just Pryce is fine.” Raising my voice, I continue, “Yes, it’s a fine day indeed, adventure or otherwise.”

It was not his nor the team’s problem to bear, I decided quickly. This was something that I must handle on my own. As for how exactly, well, that could be worried about later. There was a more pressing concern, at the moment: dealing with Marcus’ repair. However I chose to settle the matter between my relatives and the Oracle could wait until this task was finished first. Surely, even if Grandfather warned me to stay away, he would understand that I could not refuse such a direct plea for help, especially when it regarded the well-being of my fellow Pages. Well… hopefully would understand, at any rate. Somewhat stiffly nodding as Gateway turns to me, I say,

“It is as Gateway says. With all of us working together, we shall gather whatever materials are needed to finish repairing Marcus, without a doubt. That is not to say we should be careless, however,” I add after a bit of thought. “Powerful as we may be, alone or as a team, I imagine this shall still be a precarious task. Otherwise, the Oracle wouldn’t have called for all of us.”

The Legacy posted:

Legacy Name: The Sentinel of the Southern Realms
Real Name: Pryce Halder
Playbook: Legacy
Looks: Man, White, trendy clothing, predecessor's costume, no insignia

Abilities:
Divine armor, magic weaponry, mythic might, legendary speed, god-like beauty

Labels
Danger: -1
Freak: 0
Savior: +2
Superior: 0
Mundane: +2

Moves
Fight the good fight: When you pull your punches while directly engaging a threat, you can roll + Savior instead of + Danger. If you do, you cannot choose to impress, surprise, or frighten your foe.

Never give up, never surrender: When you take a powerful blow from someone with far greater power than you, use this move insteadof the basic move. Roll + Savior. On a hit, you stand strong and choose one. On a 7-9, mark a condition.
- you get an opportunity or opening against your attacker
- you rally from the hit, and it inspires the team; add 1 Team to the pool
- you keep your attacker’s attention

On a miss, you go down hard but leave your opponent off balance and vulnerable.

Legacy
Your legacy is an important part of Halcyon City the kingdom of Arwintar. Name the different members of your legacy (at least two):
Tyrellius Halder (Grandfather) is still active and prominent in the kingdom.
Magnus Halder (Father) is retired and quite judgmental.
Caroline Halder (Younger Sister) is the next possible member of your legacy.
The Demon of Cromvalion (Banished, but not slain, and oh so vengeful) is the greatest opponent your legacy ever faced...and is still at large.
Whenever time passes, roll + Savior to see how the members of your legacy feel or react to your most recent exploits. Before rolling, ask the other players to answer these questions about your performance. Take -1 to the roll for each “no” answer:
- have you been upholding the traditions of your legacy?
- have you maintained the image of your legacy?
- have you made the other members of your legacy proud?
On a hit, one of them offers you meaningful encouragement, an opportunity, or an advantage. On a 7-9, another is upset with your most recent actions, and will make their displeasure known. On a miss, something you did stirred up the hornet’s nest—expect several members of your legacy to meddle with your life.

Team Moves

When you share a triumphant celebration with someone, tell them whether you see them as an equal. If you do, give them Influence over you and mark potential. If you don’t, shift Superior up and any other Label down.

When you share a vulnerability or weakness with someone, tell them a secret about your legacy (including your own true feelings about it) to clear a condition and give them Influence over you.

When our team first came together...

All things considered, we did well and impressed an established hero. Who was it?

Relationships

You once got caught doing something that shames your legacy with Gateway.
You trust Matakite and told them an important secret of your legacy.

Influence

You’re a part of this team, for better or worse, and you care what they think. Give Influence to all of your teammates.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

Four Brain Food Lunches and a Coke. ...and some dry white toast.





It's shameful, I know, but I just can't keep my mind off of yesterday. I was having a fencing spar with Arasta Shayne, one of the common-born pages from the northern mountains. She's a very talented swordfighter; I'm rather less so, but with this body, I was able to quite nearly keep pace with her. It was satisfying. But then... on my way out, in passing, I heard her speaking to her older brother, one of the squires in charge of sparring-room maintenance. "She reminds me of that nest near the village," she said. "Do you remember it? All those harpies together -- gods and spirits, the stench of them! Does she think we won't notice if she's just dainty enough? Because it doesn't work, and it cripples her form."

... I'd never noticed an, er, odor before. I don't know if there is one, or if she was just trying to be overheard, but... who can I possibly ask? I spent an hour in my quarters washing, then another hour inspecting my clothes. I still don't know. I still can't tell who else thinks that way.

This... well, the talk of the mission to the ancient ruins is quite nearly a relief, because I can think about something other than myself and how insufferably self-pitying I am. Marcus, the dear... soul... that he is, is suffering and needs our help -- the sort of suffering that can really cause death, instead of just making one wish for it. The names that the Oracle and Marcus's... father?... mention aren't familiar to me, but "containment area" is clearly troublesome. We'll have to be careful and thorough... but the others have said as much. Perhaps right now I don't have to talk.

"... oh," I say, as Ghorza approaches -- no, it seems I will. "Oh, no, I'm sorry. There's a great deal on my mind. I really ought to focus better." I offer a conciliatory smile. Ghorza seems pleasant enough, but what am I supposed to ask her to help me with? To tell me if I stink, because the others are too polite, too apologetic, or too metallic to do so themselves? That's... forward.

quote:

The Transformed
Hero Name: Lady Fury
Real Name: Caecilia Lindenhall

Look: Woman, White, Piercing Eyes, Scaled Feathered Flesh, Strange Costume
Abilities:

Superhuman Senses: Lady Fury's cursed harpy form grants her the keen sight of a raptor, as well as sharpened hearing using her animalistic ears and a keen sense for magnetic direction and wind currents. These are deep, instinctual senses, capable of confusing or frightening Lady Fury herself.
Inhuman Might: While Lady Fury's birdlike frame may seem delicate, it holds an immense and terrible strength, aided by sharp talons and a ferocious anger in the heat of battle, and more durability than one might expect.

Labels
Freak +3
Danger +2
Savior 0
Superior -1
Mundane -1

Moves

Coming For You
When you mark a condition, take +1 forward against the person you most blame for causing it.

Not Human Enough
When you directly engage a threat in a terrifying fashion, mark a condition to choose an additional option, even on a miss.

Wish I Could Be
When you comfort or support someone, if you tell them what you most envy about them, you can roll + Freak instead of + Mundane.

Team Moves
When you share a triumphant celebration with someone, clear one condition if they treat you like a perfectly normal person and mark potential if they praise your power or abilities.

When you share a vulnerability or weakness with someone, ask them if they think you’re losing or gaining humanity. If they say losing, mark a condition and mark potential. If they say gaining, clear a condition and shift Mundane up and any other Label down.

Relationships
Marcus comforted you when you were at your lowest.
Lord Vane Drake knew you before you changed.

Influence
You try not to care what other people think, even if you can’t shut everyone out. Give Influence to one teammate: Marcus.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?

Gateway

Sir Avangran turns toward you, raising his hand as gesture while he begins his explanation. "Basically---"

However, he is almost immediately overruled by Nirian. "Robots. Lots, and lots, of robots. Old-World technology. Think of them as metal golems made entirely without magic.. Sort of like Marcus. However, unlike Marcus, these ones have the intelligence of golems, and they flood out of the ruins sometimes. It hasn't been a big problem yet, but not something that can be ignored." she explains.

Marcus

Nirian then turns towards Marcus. "No, the rust is from your age. You were buried in that crypt for more than a century, if what I found out so far is correct. "Not exactly the best conditions for metal bits to stay pristine."

As the conversation continues, she cuts in again. "Not only that, but what's inside you is far, far out of the reach of what a blacksmith can accomplish. Marcus is made from Old-World technology. An incredible amount of knowledge has been lost when the corrupted magic wiped out most of the world in one clean swoop. The process that created Marcus is only one of many techniques no longer possible. It's very likely that one of the old-world dome cities could repair Marcus, but they don't care about the outside in the slightest. More so, they'd likely just want to keep Marcus, if anything."

Sir Avangran raises his eyebrow as he looks at Nirian. "How do you know all--- oh, never mind..." he starts, but quickly resigns himself. "Oh! Yes, Marcus, you are doing very well. Don't worry about it."


Ghorza

Sensing your confusion, the Oracle answers your question. "What Marcus is... it's difficult to explain. The closest thing I could come up with is a very complex golem that largely imitates the human body, imbued with a man-made soul, made entirely without magic. It's... not exactly that, but I suppose it's close enough to the truth.


Sentinel

Nirian, with a worryingly knowing smile, walks up to you. "I'm sure your grandfather will accept it if you tell him I directly asked for you." she advises, "But, yes, you are indeed correct. It is hard to quantify the danger in those ruins, due varying reasons such as the number of robots in there, but I know that you can deal with this."


Lady Fury

"It's fine. Just be careful with your wings." she advises, as if she read your thoughts. Or maybe you asked her in the future. Look, Nirian is weird, and does weird things, but they tend to work out in the end.


Everyone

Sir Avangran turns towards Lady Nirian. "Lady Nirian, I still don't think it's a good idea... but knowing you, you'll manage to find a way to get it approved anyway, so it's pointless to argue against it." he exclaims.

With a winning smile, she replies. "I'm glad we agree on this matter."

"... just come back alive." he orders the lot of you.


----


A six hour ride later, the lot of you and Nirian arrive, with a small retinue of ordinary soldiers in tow. "This is as far as we can escort you." their commander exclaims. "We will make a camp here, and make sure you have somewhere to retreat to. ... Good luck."

"Well then, let's get going." Nirian orders, with an awfully cheerful smile.

It really, really does not fit the situation.




Your surroundings inspire dread on their own. They look almost alien, completely different from what you've known so far as they are. Nirian points towards the big building further in the back. "That's where we need to go. Watch out for enemies in the alleyways." Nirian advises.

As you slowly move through the streets, the sheer oppressive emptiness of the place hits you like a wall. It just feels wrong. There are signs that people used to live here. Buildings, while strange looking, that clearly used to serve as houses. Filled with all sorts of things. Children's toys, tables, beds... there are a lot of things you do not recognize in here, but also a lot of things you do.

In a way, it looks like you are partaking in a vision of a doomed future, you feel. "Do you understand it now?" Nirian asks, unusually serious. "This place represents all humanity has lost. Only three hundred years ago, people used to live in cities like this all over the world."

She picks up a small, stuffed animal that looks like a bear. It looks well used, with many fibers sticking out, but it also has one of its legs missing, in what looks like a bite. After briefly looking at it absentmindedly, she puts it back in the baby crib it was in. Wordlessly, she continues onward.

Lady Nirian's warning about the alleys makes this city even more omnious than it is on its own. Largely, because you can't see, or hear, a single thing close by. The only noises are either you, or the wind. And the silence is strangely terrifying. In fact, the bestial roar that breaks the silence shortly after almost feels welcome in exchange. It is followed by strange metallic noises, but not the telltale sound of a sword.

Rushing to the source of the sound, you happen upon a surreal sight.



A strange monster, seemingly unique to this area, roars at you. However, as it does so, multiple robots stumble towards it, throwing sparks of electricity out of their backs as they walk. They... do not seem in a good state. With only specks of a silver shine left, most of their bodies have been entirely covered with rust, and there are pieces of their body missing, sometimes entire limbs. Nonetheless, they unerringly stumble towards the beast.



Outnumbered ten to one, the beast puts up a good fight, but eventually it just disappears in a pile of robots, and with a whimper, the beast is ended. However... The robots, whose movements remind you of that of the undead, now turn towards you, and seemingly intend to bring you the same fate as they stumble towards your group.

"Get ready for combat!" Nirian yells out.

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at Apr 5, 2017 around 17:41

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




Freak: -1 | Danger: -1 | Savior: +3 | Superior: +0 | Mundane: +2
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: N/A | Location: Sharville Containment Area

The briefing...

I nodded, not entirely convinced by Lord Halder's — Pryce's — deflection, but unwilling to press the issue. Family matters could be minor, but when it came to the nobility... Well, it was something to keep in the depths of my mind. As he said, it was likely that the task before us would be most perilous. A job that would require the eight of us to complete? It was sure to be far from a simple matter. I had not heard much of this Sharville Containment Area that the Lady Nirian and Sir Avangran had brought up. It seemed an uncanny place, though, to provoke such a reaction in Sir Avangran.

---

Later, at Sharville...

As the mechanical dolls turned towards us, malice clear in their angry red eyes, it seemed that we would not escape without a fight. I vaulted up onto a nearby pillar — partially crumbled, but enough to serve as a vantage from which to survey the surrounding terrain — and began to think through the situation. It was clear from our practices that Red Errant, Sentinel, Matakite, and Lady Fury were our stoutest warriors and would prove more than enough to prevent the dolls from engulfing our formation. Ghorza had a keen eye for battle. She may well spot some flaw or weakness in their form. Marcus, too, possessed keen insight and may have some knowledge of his metal brethren. Gateway required concentration to unleash the full majesty of her powers, so it seemed reasonable for her to accomplish such before joining the fray proper. That would leave me free to shore up our formation where it faltered and aid those in need.

I confidently called out, "Red Errant, Sentinel! Hold the left flank! Matakite, Lady Fury! Hold the right!" I gestured with my spear as I spoke. "Ghorza, Marcus! Spot what weaknesses our enemies hide or any hidden dangers that lurk around us!" I spun the spear, then held it out towards the main group of dolls. "We must buy Gateway the time she needs to marshal her full power!"

Tricky fucked around with this message at Apr 5, 2017 around 22:16

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.



Freak: +1 | Danger: +2 | Savior: -1 | Superior: +1 | Mundane: +0
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: N/A | Location: Meeting Hall

This place... I've never seen anything like it. Pater has though, I can hear him giggling. I don't know what's more unnerving. It it would be, if I wasn't filled with all of this crazy power. I could probably tear this place apart in minutes. I'm sitting next to the harpy-girl. Lady Fury. I'm honestly not sure how to talk to her. But there's this smell... It's so strong, that I can't help but sniffing for it. A big lungful. A little too obvious as well. Well, poo poo. Might as well be the one to say it.

"Hey, Fury. You... uh. You smell...." I try to look for the right words. "....Amazing. Is that jasmine? That stuff is impossible to get!" Takes me a couple seconds to remember I'm in my armour. Probably sounded a little weird. I mean, not everyone's seen me out of my armour yet. I should probably do that at some point. "After all, it's always important to smell nice. Far nice then sweat and blood." Nice recovery. Probably.

Then the robots turn up. Really Pater, that's what you're calling them?

//*That is what they're called girl. Robots. Like you're friend, but broken. We should break them more.*\\

I'm half way through the air by the time I hear that jumped up little noble give his orders. Normally I wouldn't listen. Normally I'd just smash these stupid robots. But, he said the magic word. "Red Errant - hold - Sentinel" (okay, I might have reordered those words in my head.)

The sword hits the ground and I skid to a halt, resting both my feet on the scabbard like I'm riding it. I can't help but noticing I managed to carve a scar in the floor about seven feet long. poo poo that must have looked so cool. I stay there for a few moments, letting the wind ruffle my arm cape thing as I balance on the sword as it's embedded in the ground. I glace over Sentinel's way.

"Fine, but don't expect me to leave any for you, Vane." (Soooooooo cooooooool!)

I wouldn't normally listen to his orders. But he's basically giving me permission to show off, to Sentinel of all people!

"Hey, Sentinel, watch this!"

- - -

10:49 PM A<ArashiOfOrdo3> ArashiofOrdo3 Red Errant is going to Directly Engage the Robots on the left flank! (+1 for trying to impress Sentinel)
10:49 PM !r 2d6+3
10:49 PM K<Krysmbot> ArashiOfOrdo3, 9+3 = 12
10:49 PM A<ArashiOfOrdo3> ArashiofOrdo3 Yssssss

Using In a China Shop to pick an extra option for colatoral damage
- Avoid their blows
- Impress, surprise, or frighten the opposition
- Allies get opportunity

- - -

I give a little hop, and come down on the hilt of the sword, kicking it up spinning high into the air in a shower of dust and stonework. My feet touch the floor, I give it a beat, then I look up with a sudden flick of my head. My eyes glow red through the cloud, as I give a single quick spin on the spot, and plant a roundhouse kick to the blade! Launching it like a balista bolt! Straight like a lightning bolt into the body of one of the robots! HAHAHAA! Parts explode everywhere! Molten sparks fly! It's almost beautiful! The tin can stumbles from the impact, but I'm not done! In a flash I'm over there! I twist clockwise, my right arm snapping out and seizing Pater's handle. I rip it out of the robot and followed through, punting it flying through it's pals! Scattering them like bowling pins! With the 'ball' hitting one of the big structures walls, and going right through it in a shower of sparks!

Somewhere inside that structure, something makes an almighty racket! I twirl Pater around and strike a pose. That had to look amazing. It felt amazing! I look back to Sentinel. "Your turn." I give him a wink. He can't see the wink, but I wink at him anyway.

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004




Freak +2 | Danger +2 | Saviour -1 | Superior +0 | Mundane +0
Potential:
1 | Conditions: None | Location: Meeting Hall


Being a subordinate on the most feared pirate crew on the high seas, Matakite doesn't blink when Drake bellows orders out. She dashes out right to take the flank, drawing out her weapon while moving into position. Stay strong to her upbringing, as distant from it as she now was. she chose to fight with the style of club her island home was famous for. A whalebone patu, easily pulled out from her flax belt and brought to bare. The whalebone had intricate designs carved into it, a sign of boredom and time passed during her stay onboard was clear as the patu was completely covered in the carvings.

Not stopping to coordinate an attack with Lady Fury, Matakite rushes the robots and swings her patu. It totally caves the unit's torso inwards, crumpling the aged metal effortlessly.

quote:

[11:41am] Robodog: rolling to directly engage the brobots on the right flanks in yamis game of fantasy masks
[11:42am] Robodog: .roll 2d6+2
[11:42am] Platonibot: Robodog: 7 (2d6+2=4, 1)
[11:42am] Robodog: whats the thign for 7 on direct engage?
-> Resist or avoid their blows

Robodog fucked around with this message at Apr 10, 2017 around 02:46

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006




Freak: +2 | Danger: -1 | Saviour: +0 | Superior: +2 | Mundane: +0
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: N/A | Location: Sharville Containment Area

This... this is like nothing I've ever seen before. The Val'dash... built this place? And there used to be more places like this? I can't help but wonder what life was like in this cities, and what could have possibly bought them all to ruin like this. Maybe I could get Lady Nirian to tell me more about this place, she always seems to know a lot about the Val'dash's history.

Unfortunately, it seems like now is not the time to ask as we are approached by the mechanical dolls. There's still a lot that I don't understand, like what these... things even are, but if there is one thing I do understand, it's combat. While I may not have as much experience as many others in my clan, I know enough to handle myself in battle. I nod at Vane when he gives me his instructions, and put all my focus on the mechanical dolls, trying to find a weakness we could exploit.

quote:

<Hugzilla> Ghorza's assessing the situation!
<Hugzilla> !r 2d6+2
<Krysmbot> Hugzilla, 7+2 = 9

• how could we best end this quickly?

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?

Ghorza

Watching Red Errant's theatrics and Matakite's clubbing from a distance, you learn a few things.

First, Red Errant likes showing off.

Second, it see that whatever makes these things move doesn't seem to be in their equivalent of a head, but in their chest. So... everything after stabbing them in the chest that Red Errant did was entirely useless. Not that they could have known.

And third, damaging their 'head' only seems to cripple their senses, but not entirely remove them. The headless robot (courtesy of Matakite) is still attacking, but is a lot slower than the others. It seems like these things are able to share their senses, somehow.

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006




Freak: +2 | Danger: -1 | Saviour: +0 | Superior: +2 | Mundane: +0
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: N/A | Location: Sharville Containment Area

"Their chest!" I yell out to the others, "Strike their chest! That's where their weakness is! The dolls can share their senses with each other, so striking their heads, or any other part of their body that's not their chest, is useless!"

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?


Freak: +0 | Danger: -1 | Savior: +2 | Superior: +0 | Mundane: +2
Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: None! | Location: Sharville

She had known about Grandfather. Of course she had. She was the Oracle. It was her duty to know. Nevertheless, she never failed to catch me off-guard. It was hard to get used to someone who could see into the future. Perhaps spending more time alongside Matakite would help with that feeling.

My thoughts are interrupted by the sound and sight of the mechanical creatures. “How horrid,” I mumble to myself as the beast goes down underneath the onslaught. To be hunted for survival was one matter, but what occurred just now seemed little more than senseless killing. No time to ponder on that, I tell myself as Vane gives out orders, solemnly reaching for my own blade. Giving him a nod, I rush off towards the left side of the battlefield, a small smile rising up despite myself as the Red Errant reaches them before me. There was, perhaps, a bit too much flashiness in her movements, but her effectiveness and enthusiasm couldn’t be questioned. Running up beside her, I say,

“Nicely done! Maybe let up on the posing until after there’s no foes left though. Hate’d to see you get clobbered over the head.”

As I say that, one of the machines stumbles forward towards us, its sole arm outstretched. Lightly deflecting its swipe to the side with my hand, I give a quick nod as Ghorza yells out, unsheathing my blade and slashing at its chest in one smooth motion. Not enough to wound, as much as these machines could be ‘wounded’ at any rate, but potent enough to knock it off-guard… meaning it was more than vulnerable for Red Errant to finish off. Turning back to her with a smile beneath my helmet, I add,

“Go ahead and go wild. I have your back.”

quote:

[15:10] <TheFireMagi> Sentinel is Directly Engaging the Left Flank and covering Red Errant's back! (Fight the Good Fight!)
[15:10] <TheFireMagi> !r 2d6+2
[15:10] <Krysmbot> TheFireMagi, 9+2 = 11
Resisting blows and creating an opportunity for my allies.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 4, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!



Freak +2 | Danger +1 | Savior +0 | Superior +0 | Mundane +0
Potential:
0 | Conditions: None | Location: Sharville Containment Area


Gateway jogs after, but keeps her distance. Her full power... well... it seemed a little early for that. And worrisome. All of the other pages were already in the fray, and if she couldn't control it, it'd be worse than a few robots. Instead, she ponders for a moment as she comes up behind Red Errant and Sentinel. Unleashing basic elements is an obvious choice, but instead, she raises her hand, aiming to create a small, handsized portal admist the automatons. It flares red for a moment. "Um, here goes-", she says to Drake.

A Momentary Flashback posted:

"What is this place?", she says softly, looking out across dune of pale red and green dust, broken junk being the only thing to break up the smooth surfaces. A tremendous remnant of a gear, like a monolith, stretched out above them. Rain fell, but immediately soaked into the Earth, and she felt the patter where it landed on her cloak and scarf. Ketill put his hand on her shoulder. "This is where the gear-castles from the Clock fall when they're replaced. It's where the works of man end. It's... sort of a hell, but not for us."

Closing her hand into a fist, she closes the portal on itself, and her portal to the Rust Waste collapses, bursting out into a cart-sized sphere of massively accelerated oxidation, rippling over one or two of the attackers. She'd support her fellows, but her only cheer can be in her heart, but her focus is on maintaining that singularity. At the very least, she knows it can't hurt her friends - but it wouldn't be friendly their armor or arms... after a moment, she remembers Marcus. Well, there's always a danger.

Gateway will directly engage with a 7 (2d6 + 1), and choose "avoid their blows" as she keeps her distance.

Alien Rope Burn fucked around with this message at Apr 7, 2017 around 20:50

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?

Everyone

With Gateway's rust attack, the last of the hostile robots falls down, motionless, and seemingly going to remain that way.

You are victorious! Taking a moment to catch your breath, one does have to wonder... what is up with these things... they don't exactly fit in a ghost town like this, do they?

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 4, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!



Freak +2 | Danger +1 | Savior +0 | Superior +0 | Mundane +0
Potential:
1 | Conditions: None | Location: Sharville Containment Area


"Wow. Great job!", Gateway says to Red Errant. "I didn't have to-" She shifts her voice to a mimicry of Vane's, putting her hands on her hips. "-'marshal my full power!'" She looks a little relieved at that, though, and thankful as she looks out at the others. "Seriously, if those things had butts, you kicked them." Okay, that was laying it on a little thick, don't you think? (Well, that's up to you.)

Crouching near one of the automatons, she says, "I wonder what would make golems like this attack like that? It's like they weren't programmed with autonomic law..." She looks over to Marcus. "... um, which would be a violation of spiritual rights in your case, but with things like these, um. I hope they aren't. Um." She points to the robots, and looks to Nirian as she rises. "These wouldn't have any of the parts we need, would they?"

Supporting Red Errant for a 5 (2d6 + 0), which will flop, but mark potential, already noted above.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




Freak: -1 | Danger: -1 | Savior: +3 | Superior: +0 | Mundane: +2
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: N/A | Location: Sharville Containment Area

I leaped down as the last of the dolls fell to the floor. The battle had gone far more smoothly than I had feared it might and it seemed that my fellow pages needed not my support, at least for the moment. The distribution of forces had proved sound indeed. Ghorza's insight was timely and appreciated and the valiant efforts of Red Errant, Sentinel, Matakite, and Gateway — who had proven not to need her full potential after all — had laid waste to the enemy with nary a scratch to show for it. I truly had a long way to go before I could stand with confidence at their side, but I knew this to be a journey that was well worth making.

I turned to Ghorza, "Your eye for detail is impressive as always, Lady Ghorza! I can't say that we would have routed the enemy so thoroughly without your guidance. May I trouble you to provide counsel in the conflicts to come?" She was a mystery yet, but one I was slowly beginning to understand. For one dedicated to the cause of peace betwixt our peoples, she had an uncanny grasp of the subtleties of war. Was it her father's teachings, perhaps?

Of course, it would not do to forgo the praise of all who had been so efficacious in battle. I worked my way through the wreckage that my allies had left in their wake, then approached the trio of Red Errant, Sentinel, and Gateway. They seemed to be chatting, but I could hear little of what was said.

I clapped a hand on Gateway's shoulder. "A most impressive display, 'Gateway'! Your control of the mysteries never ceases to amaze." I pause a moment, mindful that her actions were more than I had requested of her. "And I truly appreciate your flexibility in the heat of battle. I must admit your abilities exceed my understanding, so please forgive me if I ask you for something that matches not the needs of the situation. Your judgment has proven most sound." An easy smile crossed my face as I congratulated her.

Completed the drive "Lead the team into battle!" and choosing to take influence over someone involved — Gateway.

I looked to Sentinel and gave him a solid nod, "A valiant battle, Lord Ha— Er, Pryce. You do your name proud this day." It was no surprise that dolls could not hope to match his skill in battle. He made a solid team with the Red Errant. A pang crossed my chest when I thought of her face when it was said that I would lead. I'd need to prove myself to her yet. Perhaps earnest congratulations would begin to bridge the chasm between us. I looked to her and added, "You as well, 'Red Errant.' Your skills with a blade are beyond question."

Matakite was the last of the frontline to receive my congratulations. It was not intentional, though I feared she would take it as a slight. The subtleties of bringing out the most of such a storied group as this were still very much something I was learning to do. I had not the experience at court that my elder brother did, nor easy access to the thoughts of my honored father. Words seemed to ill fit the relationship between me and her, at least of yet, so I clasped my fist at her in a salute that my studies indicated was common amongst those of the sea.

Marcus had yet to leap into action, but that was certainly fine. He was damaged, as they said, and it would be of no use to put him in harms way. I resolved to check in with him when the opportunity provided itself and see if I could assist him. I greeted him, "How are you faring, Marcus? Please let me know if you require anything on our journey."

Lady Lindenhall had seemed a little off, even at the meeting earlier. Perhaps that hesitation was what slowed her hand this day. Was something troubling her, then? I was no master of the troubles of the heart, but if it were something that I could aid in... Well, that was my duty as the leader of this group, was it not? I looked towards her, "Does something trouble you, Lady Lindenhall? If it is within my power, I would be happy to help in whatever way I can."

quote:

1:43 PM <Tricky> Vane pierces Lady Fury's mask
1:43 PM <Tricky> !r 2d6+2
1:43 PM <Krysmbot> Tricky, 6+2 = 8

"How can I gain Influence over you?"

Tricky fucked around with this message at Apr 7, 2017 around 22:25

Scrree
Jan 15, 2008

WHEN ONE STRIKES THY NEIGHBOR THEY STRIKE THEMSELVES.
WHEN ONE FEEDS THY NEIGHBOR THEY FEED THEMSELVES.
THERE IS NO OTHER.



Freak: +2 | Danger: +1 | Saviour: +0 | Superior: +2 | Mundane: -2
Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: N/A | Location: Sharville

Back at Arklan

"Thank you for the offer of assistance, Red Errant." Marcus turned and performed a strange almost-bow to his fellow peer. They technically had the same rank, yet she was well known as a gifted, if.. improper, warrior. Marcus wanted to show deference in the face of her notable prowess, yet also knew that being overly submissive to one's peers could be considered rude. The end result of this contradiction was an awkward, tilting-floorward motion that looked more like a mechanical error than a sign of respect, but it was the best Marcus could do, given the circumstances.

As they set out to leave, he shifted his attention to Lady Lindenhall. She had a somewhat dour look on her face, but more than that -- her clothes were immaculate. She had obviously taken incredible care to press out every crease. Why? The Lady was, in Marcus' opinion, an expert in the field of manners. Was proper maintenance of cloths such an important field? Looking down at himself, Marcus sees... bare metal. His own skin. Hm. He turned his face back upwards, eyes burning with an utter determination. When they got back to Arklan, Marcus was going to ask Lady Lindenhall for assistance in picking out some clothes. Of all those in the room that wore clothing, he was confident she was the best possible candidate.

--

At Sharville

The last few minutes had passed nauseatingly fast. Vane had ordered him to to stay back and attempt to mark the enemies' weakness, and Marcus had tried too, but... everytime his eyes settled on the left flank, the situation on the right flank rapidly changed, and Marcus shifted his attention there -- only for the left flank to develop again. By the end of the fight, all Marcus had was a rough recollection of events -- nothing insightful, no information useful to the battle, like Ghorza had provided.

As Sentinel, Red Errant, and Matakite flashed their blades, and Gateway unleashed her magic -- Marcus was very, very careful to avoid Gateway's magic -- Marcus stepped forward into the field of fallen robots. As his eyes fell upon their fallen forms, he felt a strong emotion whirl inside him. It rose from his stomach to his chest to his mouth. As it reached an apex inside him, Marcus finally found the word to describe it.

Disgust.

These robots disgusted him. They were mangy, rotten looking things. The pink filter over his vision made their oil remind him of human blood, which he had seen only once before. He could see into their circuits - simple, base, not like him. A part of him noted that he didn't really know what he looked like on the inside, perhaps they were more similar then he would like to admit, yet that thought was overwhelmed in a rising tide of repulsion. They had assaulted that poor beast in silence, in fact, Marcus felt far more connection with that beast then he did with the machines that felled it. His instincts screamed, 'Leave! Ignore them!' He felt no kinship with them. In fact, it was the exact opposite -- they were further from him from him than any of his fellow Pages. Even Matakite, whose history was so outside of Marcus' conception of the world they seemed nearly fantastical, had history and language. The robots had nothing. Nothing for him. Nothing for themselves.

Marcus turned his back on the field of fallen robots, overwhelmed by feelings of revulsion. He began to walk away, he'd go to Vane Drake, report something obvious like, 'they're made of metal, so strike the weak parts of the metal.', and then he'd go stand by Nirian and they'd continue the journey and they'd find parts for him and they'd go back to Arklan and he'd be around people and never ever ever have to see these awful things again, and --

Something stopped his retreat. It was a protest from the corner of his mind that held against the tide of disgust. It was the memory of Avangran saying that a Knight of the Table never let's an opportunity to learn pass by. It was the fact that, if anyway asked him right then why he was walking away, he wouldn't be able to give a good answer to them.

So he turned around, again. It must've looked comical to anyone watching. This time, Marcus knelt down over a robot felled by Red Errant. His hand hovered inches over the twisted metal. He couldn't touch it. They were all wrong and warped and silent. They, they were dead. And he was alive!

Marcus chided himself, he didn't have to touch it. He just had to look with an unflinching gaze.

quote:

17:35 Scrree Marcus Tries to Learn Something (Everyday)
17:35 Scrree !r 2d6+2
17:35 Krysmbot Scrree, 10+2 = 12
17:35 ArashiOfOrdo3 He learns the gently caress out ofit
17:35 Scrree (Assess the Situation)

First Assess Question: • What here can I use to Learn Something About Myself?

Satisfied, he stood up. He clenched his iron fingers together. He knew roughly how strong these robots were because they were probably about as strong as him. If more of them attacked, and if some broke through the line of defense... His eyes scanned over his fellow pages.

Second Assess Question: • What here is in the greatest danger?

Marcus nodded to himself, and walked confidently away from the field of fallen robots. He approached Nirian, the oracle's smile fit well within his rose-tinted world, "I am terrified." He closed and opened his eye-shudders with an audible click, "I am terrified because, when I look upon these robots, I only see... obscene? beasts. They are not whole. They lack language. They are violent. Yet, was I not similar to them, back when I first came out of the crypt?"

He let the question linger, and then, "I am terrified we will find someone like me, with the capacity to learn and speak, and I will not be able to recognize it in them before it is too late, and they will be destroyed." He bowed his head to the Oracle, his tone pleading, "I am very afraid of that."

Triggering 'Meet Your Makers' as Marcus turns to his Caretaker for help! His problem is, How Can He Be Sure The Robots We're Destroying Are Actually Different From Him?

Scrree fucked around with this message at Apr 7, 2017 around 22:37

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

Four Brain Food Lunches and a Coke. ...and some dry white toast.




Freak: +3 | Danger: +2| Savior: 0 | Superior: -1 | Mundane: -1
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: None
Location: Sharville Containment Zone

I froze. Gods help me, I froze. I moved to the right flank as commanded, and then... something about this place just overwhelmed me. Perhaps it was the "robots" we were fighting, things so similar to Marcus -- the only things I had ever seen anything like Marcus! -- that it was unnerving, somehow wrong. Perhaps it was the rotting metal husks of buildings around us, so strange, and yet... our past? It was all too much. I froze.

Vane's noticed; of course he has. It's his job to notice, isn't it? But I can't hide my shame, not now. "Nothing that matters," I say. "I can't... I couldn't focus, for a moment. But I'll be better next time." Something in the air tells me there'll be a next time, before we leave this place. I try to sound resolute, to sound focused, but I'm not sure it's working. I suspect he's going to recognize just how weak I am, underneath this all.

Lady Fury is trying to put on a brave face, but it's probably obvious enough that she's really looking for some sympathy overall. For now, though, she probably just wants to slide through without being called on her mistakes.

... as do I, frankly -- this was an OOC issue (RL commitments for several days) and I'd rather it not be dragged out ICly, if that's okay.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?

Matakite

Hey, good job! One wouldn't think that a girl like you could pull that off. But, of course, most people don't know about your past. Even most of the Order doesn't.

So, what do you prefer? Clubbing a person into submission, or one of these uncanny metal abominations? You've done both now, after all...


Ghorza

It seems you have quite a good head on your shoulders! The Val'dash appreciate such thinkers like you, if the stories you heard are true. But...

Your clan back home, they don't. Well, it's not entirely true. It's just that strength comes first. And the smartest chieftain will just get tossed aside by an stronger ork. If an Ork is both the strongest and the smartest, that's a chieftain spoken of in legends... but sadly, in the last few decades, it has been nothing but that, a legend.

The more you think about it, the more you feel yourself at home with the Val'dash than you do with your own race. How does that make you feel?


Sentinel

You should probably tell Red Errant. After all, this is a very important matter, not to be taken lightly.

... The fact that they're showing off in the middle of combat, of course! What if an ambusher gets the better of them?! If there's one thing you've learned, arrogance is the undoing of the strong. And Red Errant is strong. So you can't allow her to be arrogant.

After all, she's a dear comrade to you! ... Or is she something more?


Gateway

Well done! The enemy is defeated, and it didn't inadvertedly end up hurting anybody on your team. Speaking of which, you should probably be careful using the Rust Waste here. Not only is there Marcus to worry about (Who's already plagued by rust, making it all the easier for him to be consumed by it), almost everything around you is metallic in some way. It might just cause horrific structural failures, and this place is not maneuverable enough to be confident in avoiding that.

Casting away your thoughts, Nirian responds to you. "No, sadly not. Look at them. They're in a much, much worse state than Marcus is."

You realize, that in your drive to be effective in combat made you ignore the possible consequence of it, endangering Marcus. Shift Danger up, and Savior down.


Red Errant

It seems that your attempt to show off to Sentinel... didn't entirely work out. Oh well, plenty more opportunities to go. Speaking of opportunities! Looking back at the hole you made, you sense movement. It looks like there's... some sort of... small hole in the floor?

No, the floor rises up from the earth, and on it stands one of these strange metal things! As you quickly eliminate it, the floor moves back down again! It seems that whatever this is, it seems to bring these robots, as Nirian called them, to the surface. Jamming it somehow might be a good idea, as to keep your back clear for later...


Vane Drake

Hmm, it seems like it would be best if you just kept Lady Fury alone. Perhaps she's having trouble getting herself to fight these things, seeing as they are similar to Marcus in nature. It's understandable, in a way.

That aside, you seem to be doing a good job! Come to think of it, what were your thoughts on the matter when you were voted leader for the group? It was a pretty close call. Are you worried about underperforming? What if the half that didn't vote for you will be displeased by your performance, and you end up creating strife within the group merely by being the leader...?

Oh gods, being the leader is hard.


Lady Fury

Lady Nirian puts her hands on your shoulder, in an almost motherly fashion entirely unbecoming of her personality, or indeed, age.

"Don't worry about it. Let people talk. What matters are your comrades - the people arrayed with you right here. They are the one you will be with the most, and none of them dislike you." she whispers into your ear. "If you can't be strong for yourself, be strong for them."


Lady Nirian is saying that it doesn't matter that you are no longer normal, as long as you can protect your comrades. Unless you reject her influence, shift Mundane down, and Savior up.


quote:

One of Nirian's special abilities has been revealed!

Empathic Foreknowledge

Nirian knows what makes people tick. She ALWAYS has influence on people, as long as they are humanoid and capable of rational thought. This cannot be negated, even with the advance that permanently locks out someone's influence.



Marcus

Looking closer at these things, you can see that their imitation of the human form stops roughly one centimeter past the surface. The inside is a mess of cables and machinery, there are no organs one could associate with most human organs either. If anything, this is a cruel mockery of the human form. For some reason, despite your memory loss, you recognize some of these parts.

One of them is a battery. It stores power, much like a human stores Mana, but much more concentrated. You have the same thing inside you - it's what allows you to use your solar tool, and indeed even to just move. It is essentially your life force, in a way. However, unlike you, this thing doesn't seem to be based on the sun at all. It seems it's got something else as their life force.

The second would be their... head. Or rather, their eyes.. On closer inspection, there doesn't seem to be ANYTHING that indicates any sort of brain equivalent in their "head." It's sensors, scanners, and other things. The only 'brain' you could find is located in their chest, like the ork pointed out earlier.

It's... too small. Too simple. It almost feels like this is not a brain, but some sort of... nose? No, nose is a bit far off, but it seems to be some sort of sense that allows them to receive orders over long distances, something that emulates telepathy.

You've heard Sir Avangran talk about bees once. How they have a queen, and that queen orders the drones around to do things with her... smell? I think that's how he described it. This seems awfully familiar. Now, compare them to you. Your 'brain' is in your head, as you realized when you think really hard. This is something humans have. You feel emotions in your chest. The chest is where a human heart is located, which is where humans feel emotions.

All in all, it seems that you were specifically made to be human. A metal human. But these things? There are basically bees. Emotionless, metal bees in human form. But... didn't Sir Avangran also mention that a lot of people fear bees because they sting? That is also a thing to consider. Who here would be hurt the most if they were stung?

Immediately, your thoughts turn to Lady Nirian. While her smile conveys a mental strength, her body... does the complete opposite. It looks pristine, almost demure. Like a childs. It is completely at odds with her rank of a Squire.

It is very likely that her rank is simply because of her ability, you realize. While it would be an assumption to think that she can't fight at all, the fact that she refuses to do so and her body, which looks like the complete opposite of that a warrior, it is a rather safe one to make. She would most likely be the one harmed the most by these metal bees.

But even then, Nirian manages to dash your worries. "I don't think you were similar to them, no. You were confused, tired. Humans are similar when they are very tired. But even then, you did not react with violence. You are capable of independent thought." she reassures you. "These ones are not. They did not even consider speaking to us, did they?"

Indeed, they did not, you answer in your head in the pause she left between her speech. "There are two types of robots. Ones that do not talk, like these. They are merely puppets controlled by a puppetmaster. There are some that CAN talk, but they only can speak sentences that they were given at creation.

The second kind talks, and thinks, like you. You can use that to find out. Ask them intellectual questions. Two or three. They might respond to the first correctly by accident, but the kind of robot that can't think of its own will be unable to properly answer follow up questions." Nirian explains. "Indeed, this is something you should seek to try and find out in all conflict. See what drives your opposition. Their motives. Sometimes, people are not doing bad things willingly, but are forced by their circumstances, or other people. The best way to resolve things heroically is to find out the true problem at hand."


Nirian tells you to Always try to understand what drives your opponents.


Everyone

Moving on, you enter the big building.



Already, it looks alien, and you merely scratched the surface. It's very easy to just look around, and lose yourself at the sight of the strange things around you. Nirian, too, briefly looks around, but more focused.

"This way." she orders. Following her, you end up on a rather round, circular platform. Red Errant recognizes it as a larger version of that strange platform from earlier. "This elevator will take us down. Let's hope it still works."

Pressing a green putting shaped like a downward arrow, this 'elevator' descends downward...

And nobody could have expected what you saw. Nobody except Nirian could possibly have foreseen this realm of wonder. Below you is a city, easily rivalling Arklan in size, although in obvious disrepair. However, nonetheless, it is far, far too easy to imagine this place being much greater than Arklan, if it were in its prime. However... much like the city above, this place is just an empty shell. There is very little movement to be seen anywhere. Only broken signs and sparks from broken lighting seems to move.

Thankfully, you have a lot of time to gawk in wonder, as this elevator moves downward painfully slowly. Never the less, that is hard to notice, as this is something seen perhaps once in a lifetime. Is... is this what humanity was capable of creating, before it all went to hell? If not... who built this?

Suddenly, however, the elevator grinds to a halt, and a light turns on behind you. With it, an extremely strange being announces its presence, as it floats up to you with ease.



"Scanning... Welcome to Sherville, humans, ork, and harpy." it announces. "This unit's designation is General Administration Intelligence and Defense Engineering Neuronetwork, or GAIDEN. My creators have also seen fit to grant me the nickname, 'Sebastian'. Please feel free to use either."

Another light washes over you.

"Indentification... Lord Vane Drake, Occupation: Outlander Noble. Red Errant, Occupation: Village Girl, Warrior. Matakite, Occupation: Seeress, Ex-Pirate. Lord Pryce Halder, Occupation: Sentinel of the Southern Realms. Lady Lindenhall, Occupation: Outlander Noble, Harpy. Ghorza Rockbiter, Occupation: Ork. Lady Amalasuintha, Occupation: Public Menace."

You feel a bit uneasy about just how much this strange being you have never met before knows about you. Matakite, you feel a sense of unease wash over you immediately. And you know that feeling. Nirian also shows a reaction, but it seems more confused than uneasy. However, it gets stranger, as it continues with clear confusion. "... you should be dead." it states with not a single bit of venom, but pure confusion, as it addresses Nirian.

"I think it's best if you stop there." Nirian interjects. "I'm Nirian. Occupation: Oracle."

"... re-registration complete. Welcome, Nirian." GAIDEN replies. "I have not received any advance warning of your coming. May I inquire as to the reason of your visit?"

Nirian gestures towards Marcus. "We need some replacement part for him." she explains.

GAIDEN flies over to Marcus and scans him as well. "Mark Six?" it replies, baffled. "Nirian, this unit is nearly three centuries and seventy versions out of date. Please consider an upgrade."

"No, thanks." Nirian shoots him down, bluntly. "Do you have replacement parts?"

"Checking records..." GAIDEN answers, the middle part of his glowing in an intense blue. "Yes! I do have some parts that fit this model. I will bring you there. Please step onto this platform, as your current one has no connection to your destination." GAIDEN explains.

Nirian gestures you to follow as she walks over. "Many thanks, GAIDEN." she says.

"Eager to serve. I would like to offer refreshments, but my logs indicate that any drinkable fluids in this city have been expired for roughly two hundred and fifty years." it apologizes. "On top of that, as much as it pains me to endanger humans, I... require your help. Are you willing to listen to my request?"

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at Apr 8, 2017 around 17:31

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




Freak: -1 | Danger: -1 | Savior: +3 | Superior: +0 | Mundane: +2
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: N/A | Location: Sharville Containment Area

I nod, "As you say, Lady Lindenhall. I can only imagine there is much on your mind of late." I set a hand gently on one of her wings. It was, still, somewhat strange to consider that this was the same Lady Lindenhall that I had seen at so many official functions before. I knew little of the nature of her plight, past that which had made the rounds of gossip before we joined the Order, but I was not such a cur as to let a curse most foul cloud my eyes from the heart of justice which still beat beneath those feathers. "If you need anything at all, please do not hesitate to ask." Of course, by that point, Lady Nirian had come over to join us, so I bowed slightly and took my leave.

Perhaps the oracle could find the words I could not. As I survey the results of our first foray as a group, I am quite pleased. Everyone is truly amazing. I would gladly trust my life to any of them, should it come to that, and I hope that they felt the same. The confidence that my peers had shown in nominating me as our leader is most gratifying. I need to work ever harder to meet their expectations, however, and a successful foray like this is no reason to lose my focus. I will lean heavily on Ghorza's mind for tactics, I believe, as I truly do believe that she is well-equipped for leadership. That was, after all, why my vote was cast for her.

Soon enough it is time to move on and the oracle leads us into a strange building. The vista revealed as we descended was truly unusual. Even Arklan could not match this city at its prime. The thought occurs to me, as we slowly descend, that there might be something I could use in this city of wonders to augment my spearplay. It is clear from seeing how amazing my peers were on the field of battle that I need to seek any and all advantages to keep pace.

I bring my spear to the ready as the platform grinds to a halt. The flying creature does not seem hostile, though, so I lower it back to a resting position. I listen to its identification of each member of the party in turn with some amount of confusion — How did it augur such information? A spell of scrying? — and slowly follow Nirian to the second elevator. Seeing that the oracle doesn't immediately respond to this... Sebastian's request, it seems it falls to me. It is, after all, promising the aid that Marcus needs and it would be churlish to impose on its hospitality without recompense.

I cough, to draw Sebastian's attention, then say, "What troubles you, Lord Sebastian? I cannot promise that which is beyond our ability, but if we may be of some assistance... Well, it seems only proper given the aid you are providing our comrade."

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.



Freak: +1 | Danger: +2 | Savior: -1 | Superior: +1 | Mundane: +0
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: N/A | Location: Meeting Hall

Internally I sigh, I wanted him to look at how cool I was being. It's a bit of a bummer for him to tell me to cut down on the posing. Although his desire to not see me get battered was nice. I mean, it was never going to happen, I was wayyyy to powerful for THAT to ever happen. (not that I wouldn't mind being rescued. Swept up in his arms- focus Lilly. Fantasise later!)

I make moves to continue smashing. But the fights already over! Buzz kill. I kick through the debree. Finding some kinda creepy platform... I watch as it brings up another one of those robot things! I barely even have to think about smashing it. Then the platform moves down again. Yeah... no!

I cock my arm, aiming carefully. And with a flick of my wrist, I throw Pater like a spear. He hits the platform and splits it into pieces, each of them falling away into the darkness. I hear mechanisms crack and shatter. I take a few steps back and hold my hand out. Pater rockets back into it. The binding between us drawing him back to my hand. Okay, it hurts to do it. But it's ether that or I climb down into the hole.

//*Must you insist on doing that?*\\ Pater complained. I shrug, stowing him away on my back.

"Well, it's only because I trust you to actually do what I need you too." I say, he seemed mollified by that. Good. I don't really want to pick a fight with Pater. Not out here at any rate. Normally I find his seeking me out annoying. But right now? I can put up with it.

I move over to Sentinel. Okay, so he wasn't big on the posing. Maybe I should try to charm him with my pers- oh, wait, that won't work. He's a noble, probably has like 800 different ways to be charming. I can't step to that. Shoot! Then Vane comes over. It infuriates me he's in charge. It infuriates me that I'm pleased that he thinks I'm such a good fighter! Dammit! I'm supposed to hate you! Stop making me like you!

I cross my arms and try to shrug nonchalantly. "There weren't anything close to a threat." I look over at the rest of the team. If only so I can look away from his stupid handsome face. "They all seem to have held up. Have to admit, it felt nice to not need to hold back while hitting something." She prodded on of the chassis with her armoured boot. "They're nothing like Marcus though. They're all brittle and weak. It's honestly a little bit of a let down. Any thoughts, S-Sentinel?"

I'm still trying to think of some way to get his attention by the time we all shuffle onto the big platform. It starts moving. I'm so distracted that I reach out and grab the closet thing to me, that would be Sentinel. Takes me a few seconds to realise what I did. He can't see the blush under my helm, so I try to play it off. I'm supposed to be tough! I'm just glad that I didn't cling to him and scream. Gods above, I would just die.

"Careful, wouldn't want you to take a tumble, it's a long fall." Yeah, that sounded alright, big and tough. Looking out for your team mates. What didn't sound tough was the sound I made when the other robot declared I was a 'Village girl'. It was a choking sound, like I'd tried to gasp and breath out at the same time.

"HEY! I'm not just some village girl! H-How dare you!" I was furious. It wasn't that machines place to define me, or who I was! I was more then just a village girl! I was the Red Errant! I didn't care what that fly needed doing. It wasn't going to get any help from me!

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 4, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!



Freak +2 | Danger +2 | Savior -1 | Superior +0 | Mundane +0
Potential:
1/5 | Conditions: None | Location: Sharville Containment Area


Looking at Red Errant's back in the wake of the battle, Gateway rolls her eyes. "Noblestruck.", she mumbles, and then looks over to Marcus. She hadn't even really thought of the danger even after flinging him around the other day, and sighs. Maybe she wasn't ready for this after all. It's a lot for her to continue her brave face, but maybe it would be better if she didn't do anything next time. They didn't really need her help after all, she was just trying to show off. But who was she trying to impress...?

Following after quietly, Gateway stares up at the automaton, but as its estimation of her comes up, she says, "I didn't ask to be...", before rubbing her neck. "... don't call me Lady." Yes, "Lady" was accurate, but it just felt like extra weight on her shoulders... as if she needed higher expectations put on her. "But what do you want, Sebastian?"

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?

Everyone

The platform you switched onto starts its trip, faster than the surface elevator. As it does, Sebastian explains his problem. To visualize it, he brings up some sort of... vision that floats stable next to you despite the movement. In it, you see a huge amount of the robots you fought earlier, fighting against a strange-looking foe in the distance. As if to answer your thoughts of being unable to make it out what it was, the view changes, revealing....

Undead.

A large group of skeleton warriors and mages, although heavily outnumbered., are fighting off the swarm with worrisome ease. Following that, the vision repeats its contents with similar scenes. While the robots manage to tear apart the skeleton warriors easily enough, the mages end up blasting them apart, and re-raise the warriors. It's an eternal stalemate, in a sense.

"My creators have given me complete authority over this city and its facilities in order to protect the city and it's inhabitants. With all the power I have been given, I have been able to keep this city safe from any and all threats in the past." Sebastian explains, his voice seemingly turning distraught. "However, I never imagined having to protect this city from its inhabitants. It... it hurts me."

Sebastian looks at a strange-looking gate, and it opens on its own. The more you see Sebastian act, the more it comes to mind that it's quite fitting to say Sebastian is the Machine-God of this city. Humans... made a god.

Soon after, the platform docks, and Sebastian flies into the room. Again, he merely looks at a door and it opens, seemingly obeying his will.

"You will find the parts you need here. I kept them in as pristine of a condition as I could."

A few drawer-like containers extend themselves out of the wall. Nirian walks up to them and places them in a bag that doesn't seem to swell when full. A bag of holding, most likely.

"Here, grab some of these." she orders, handing out some more of those bags. "We should stock up as much as we can while we're here."

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

Four Brain Food Lunches and a Coke. ...and some dry white toast.




Freak: +3 | Danger: +2 | Savior: +1 | Superior: -1 | Mundane: -2
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: None
Location: Sharville Containment Zone

"Of course, Lord Drake. I understand. If anything comes to mind, I'll tell you, but... you understand, it's difficult. This situation..." I trail off as Lady Nirian approaches, almost grateful to not have to explain any further. As he steps away, Lady Nirian speaks a few words to me, and I nod. Of course, she's right, isn't she? It's all about doing what I need to do.

Accepting Influence -- labels shifted in the header block above, Mundane to -2 and Savior to +1.

The strange platform begins to travel, and I force myself to focus on what's ahead of us and on my teammates. Red Errant has made some sort of display, then gone to speak to Sentinel... so I gesture to her, off-hand, that I would wish her audience when she has a moment. She at least deserves thanks for her kind remark. The jasmine soap is expensive, but it's comforting to know it works. Even if that machine god (?) is calling me a 'harpy' -- I think of correcting it, but no, we're moving again and it isn't proper --

... And now we have a vision of what's necessary, and I nod as we open on the chamber and begin to collect what we came for. "What a dreadful fate! But if they must be subdued, they must be subdued. Of course we shall be happy to help, Sebastian."

Scrree
Jan 15, 2008

WHEN ONE STRIKES THY NEIGHBOR THEY STRIKE THEMSELVES.
WHEN ONE FEEDS THY NEIGHBOR THEY FEED THEMSELVES.
THERE IS NO OTHER.



Freak: +2 | Danger: +1 | Saviour: +0 | Superior: +2 | Mundane: -2
Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: N/A, Holding +1 Forward on (Droid Dissection, or Defending Nirian) | Location: Inner Sharville

Marcus listened to Nirian's lesson with his eyes wide and heart open. Yes, what she said made sense, and his own examinations of the felled machines helped to quell the worry in his heart. They were nothing but large, mechanical, walking bees. He could exist independently – well, he needed the Sun, but that was true for most thinking beings – and they could not.

“Language is the divide between people and animals. Avangran said that, once.” And to destroy an animal that is attacking a person – that is a moral action. But Nirian was saying something more than that. She was saying that it was important not just to know when the opponent were animals or people, but if they were people, why were they enemies in the first place? It was a good lesson, and Marcus inscribed it deep into his heart.

Accepting Nirian’s Advice, and inscribing Her Lesson unto Marcus’ soul Playbook!

“Thank you, Nirian.” He looked at her with honest appreciation, “You have helped me.”

And they set off deeper into Sharville.



What even was this place?

Marcus had only known Arklan, yet it was apparent even to him that all of this was odd. A mechanical, underground city? Well, Avangran had spoken to Marcus once of the unconfirmed-but-tantalizing rumors about the Dwarven capital, but – an underground, mechanical, and long dead city? It seemed paradoxical. This place had obviously been built centuries past, yet the buildings loom taller and the streets straighter than those of Arklan. Was not the road into the future one of continual progress?

A thought came to Marcus’ mind. When he was in his long sleep, inside his crypt-bed, did he look like this city? An odd, ruined relic? He shook his head to clear those thoughts.

Then Sebastion appeared.

Marcus was stunned. Suddenly from the darkness came this flying… machine? And it spoke the language that he knew and the other pages knew, and it knew so many things about all of them, and it approached him and said to Nirian ‘Please consider an upgrade.’ Marcus knew what ‘an upgrade’ was. Avangran had shown him two forks, one wooden, one silver. His mentor had described all the disadvantages of the wooden fork, and all of the advantages of the silver one. By the end of the example, Marcus knew that to go from a wooden fork to a silver one was an upgrade.

Was the… robot? Marcus’ fellow machine? Calling him a wooden fork?

He bristled with offense, but swallowed it down. Could Marcus really say he was a good knight? He had learned many things, but hadn’t had a chance to really use the knowledge, and if there was a better version of him – which, Marcus was sure his past self was – why would anyone take the current him over the better one?

Marcus heard Red Errant yell at Sebastian, proclaim that he knew nothing of her, and Marcus felt a great leap of empathy in his heart. Yes! What did this floating… General Administration Intelligence and Defense Engineering Neuronetwork… know, anyway?

And yet, as they moved deeper into the city, as Sebastian opened doors without touching them,as he and displayed images in the air without any signs of magical exertion, and as he promised to lead Marcus to the parts needed to stop seeing the world through this drat rose tint! Being within the presence of Sebastian while he performed these miracles, Marcus felt that everything he said was true. Plus, Nirian seemed to trust him, and Marcus trusted Nirian with his life (and bodily maintenance).

So he waited silently as Sebastian led them to his replacement parts. When the drawers opened, revealing the object of the Page’s quest and the cure for Marcus’ ailments, the metallic page felt strangely lethargic. What could Marcus even do here but accept events as they happen… What would Nirian do? Well, lead eight Pages on a wondrous expedition into the heart of mysterious ruins, of course! Marcus felt that even if that position was unoccupied, he did not have the skills or knowledge or anything to attempt what the Oracle was accomplishing. What would Avangran do…?

It came to him in flash. He imagined-- he saw, in his mind, Avangran walking among the Pages, jotting notes into his scrolls, making comparisons between the architecture of Sharville and other ancient cities, and most of all, questioning – Marcus turned towards Sebastian. What did this floating GAIDEN know, anyway? Many things. Probably many things that no one else knew. Lord Vane Drake, the leader of the Pages, had agreed to assist Sebastian in exchange for new parts for Marcus, but the information the floating robot contained was so much more valuable then some replacement parts!

In a moment of ecstatic delusion, Marcus thought; I might bind up on the inside, and die, and all the other Pages might die, but if we can get and record the knowledge of Sebastian – it will outlive us all!

Shifting Savior down and Superior up, pending GM confirmation!

Marcus moved towards him, questions on his lip – a Knight Should Know As Much As Possible, after all.

quote:

20:01 Scrree Marcus Pierces Sebastian's Mask (It's Good To Learn Things!)
20:01 Scrree !r 2d6-2
20:01 Krysmbot Scrree, 6-2 = 4
20:01 Scrree Sometimes lessons are painful!
20:01 Theantero tsk tsk

Marking Potential!

Nirian tried to hand Marcus a bag of holding, he moved away from her without acknowledging the gesture. He was too distracted – it was time to live up to Avangran’s lessons!

“Before we assist you with this..., Unlving-Human situation, Sebastian.” Marcus put himself directly in front of the floating robot’s eye-camera, “I feel it is an appropriate time to ask questions. Questions regarding, you. And, the city.” Marcus struggled for each word, how did Avangran make this look so easy?

“Yes, um… Well, how did you.. get birthed?” Marcus knew those words weren’t right, but he had to continue.

“And, when did the humans die, and become unhuman. Undead! Yes, undead, when the undead appear, and, yes, that’s what I want to know.” He reached for a notebook to make notes in, but he wasn’t Avangran, he didn’t carry such a thing with him. His hand forcefully scrapped his bare hip, the metal-on-metal collision made a noise that echoed throughout the empty city. It was horrifyingly loud to Marcus.

He pushed onwards, “And, and, when you met all of us!” He spoke without a question in mind, “Why didn’t I get an occupation?” Oh, he’d wondered that at the time, but knew it was a selfish question. It only came out because he was panicked. “I’m a page, too!” Marcus instinctively whined. This hadn’t gone as he had wanted at all. He moved without really thinking, without consideration, and...

And he felt like he’d pay for it.

Scrree fucked around with this message at Apr 10, 2017 around 00:28

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 4, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!



Freak +2 | Danger +2 | Savior -1 | Superior +0 | Mundane +0
Potential:
1/5 | Conditions: None | Location: Sharville Containment Area


"If the dead were dealt with... do you think people could live here again?", Gateway asks with a sort of innocent curiosity as she takes a bag to collect parts, looking at the massive complex around here... it seems a waste for it to be left for only old machines to appreciate. If, in fact, they appreciated it at all. After a moment, she covers her mouth, looking to Nirian as she wonders if she might have asked something terribly foolish.

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004




Freak +2 | Danger +2 | Saviour -1 | Superior +0 | Mundane +0
Potential:
1 | Conditions: None | Location: Sharville Containment Area


Unwilling to write several novels to fill in a period where she has absolutely nothing to do, Matakite just stands at the back and waits for the inevitable bad thing she felt lurking around to jump out and try to eat one of them. But then she remembers that her power can read these situations. Having a bad feeling about this, she tries to read the waves of fate on just hoe likely it was somebody would get eaten by a robot.

quote:

[8:41pm] Yamifenrir joined the chat room.
[8:47pm] Robodog: unlease seer powers on bad feeling
[8:47pm] Robodog: .roll 2d6+2
[8:47pm] Platonibot: Robodog: 9 (2d6+2=5, 2)
[8:47pm] Theantero joined the chat room.

Robodog fucked around with this message at Apr 11, 2017 around 22:59

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?


Freak: +0 | Danger: -1 | Savior: +2 | Superior: +0 | Mundane: +2
Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: None! | Location: Sharville

Sheathing my sword, I was somewhat surprised that the conflict ended as quickly as it did, and without any harm coming to any of us either. Though, with all of our skills and might, perhaps I should have expected no less. We were a rather powerful group after all. Still, that was no excuse to get careless. These mechanical assailants were simple combatants, not unlike a beast in nature, and relatively few in number. In other words, though their entrance was quite intimidating to witness, the odds could have been much worse. Thinking that, I shake my head as Vane praises me, replying after Red Errant,

“I appreciate your words, Vane, but I must agree with Red Errant here. Compared to some of the battles the Sentinels have fought over the years… Ah, but, I’m not complaining about how smoothly our little skirmish went. It’s good to see that we all made it through unharmed, after all. Nevertheless, to say that I did my name proud is rather much, don’t you think? I still have a long way to go if I can’t even handle a bunch like that on my ownsome!”

Giving a light chuckle, I follow after the others onto the ‘elevator,’ as the Oracle called it. The descent worries me at first, but after it became clear that we were in no danger I start to relax. At least, until I feel something grab onto me. Tensing up, I look over and- Hm? Oh, it’s just Red Errant. Easing up once again, I let out a good-hearted and very exaggerated sigh as she speaks, answering with,

“Come now, I’m hardly that clumsy. But, thank you anyways. You may want to let go though. Otherwise, it’s likely we’ll just both fall down together if it happens.”

Red Errant was a very sweet girl, beneath all that armor, I think to myself. One that I was quite fond of, all things considered. An able comrade, and someone that I trusted a great deal. Yet as she was the impulsive type, her raw power did concern me some. More than some, actually. Not because I feared her misusing it, but she was… inexperienced, I suppose. While I had seen few actual battlefields, training for them had been my entire life. It had taught me a certain sense of restraint, of control, one that Red Errant… could use some work on. But, well, that was all right really. We were mere Pages, after all, and had plenty of room to grow. Working alongside her to help foster that growth was a duty of its own.

---

My eyes glance around the ruins as we descended downward, completely absorbed in the awe-inspiring sight. To think we would find such a massive city in a place like this, if one so damaged and destroyed. No doubt, there was much that could be learned from somewhere like this. Perhaps not from myself, as I’m not sure I would know what to look for exactly, but there were others with a keener mind than I. Still, the temptation to explore is a strong one, and it’s held back only be the appearance of the flying creature that refers to itself as GAIDEN, or Sebastian rather. Seemed to be quite the difference between the two, but I suppose I was the same way, really. Taking one of the bags of holding offered by the Oracle, I let the others ask what they will while I get to work with Lady Fury on gathering the parts for Marcus’ repair. There was an awful amount though… thinking that, I glance back and say,

“While getting intel is important, we could use another pair of hands over here, everyone.”

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006




Freak: +2 | Danger: -1 | Saviour: +0 | Superior: +2 | Mundane: +0
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: N/A | Location: Sharville Containment Area

"Thank you, Sir Vane, but I didn't do much. It was your expert leadership that helped us achieve victory," I compliment him, "That said, I would gladly help provide guidance for you in the future!"

Lady Ghorza, huh? It has a nice ring to it. Titles like that are usually reserved for our strongest warriors, which... I am not. I have always been more of a thinker than a fighter, but my people do not value thinkers. They value strength, above all else, and if you are not strong, then you will be left behind, as simple as that. If my clan where here, they would not be thinking about the history of this place. Instead, they'd be thinking about how to turn the materials here into weapons.

The Val'dash are different. People like Vane value my knowledge, and they actually listen to what I have to say. They do not ignore me because they think I am "weak." In a way, the Val'dash have made me feel more welcome than my own people, and I... am not sure how I feel about that. How am I supposed to unite our two races when I feel so disconnected to my own people?

...Mm, I suppose this is something I'll have to think more about later. For now, I need to concentrate at the task at hand.

---

I quietly listen along to Sebastian's request, choosing to let the "Occupation: Ork" comment slide for now (How is being an ork an occupation?), and nod at the flying machine when he is done talking. "Once we're done collecting what we need for our friend, we'll see about helping you with your problem, Sebastian." I take one of the bags Lady Nirian is holding, and join Sentinel and Lady Fury in gathering parts for Marcus.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?

Everyone

In response to moving right in front of its camera, GAIDEN moves back seemingly without acknowledging the movement itself. "You are capable of speech? How can this be? ... checking logs.""

As he does so, he flutters around you seemingly like a bee, looking at you from every angle. "Oh, I see! You are not a Mark Six, you are the Mark Six prototype." he explains, as if expecting you to know what that means. "My apologies, I only ran a surface scan. I am happy to answer any questions you have."

As you ask your first question, Gaiden glows blue again. "I was created seven hundred thirty two years, one month, eleven days, twelve hours, nine minutes and seven seconds ago in Lab seven of the Artificial Intelligence department of the Dome City of Parlim. The details regarding the process of my creation are unknown to me, as I do not have access to confidental files of that level." he explains. "Additionally, please note that this unit is not my physical body, but merely a repurposed engineering unit meant for physical interaction."

He switches positions once again, as he glows blue. Similiar to how a human sometimes walks forward while thinking about a subject, you notice. "Three hundred and two years ago, during the Great Calamity, people were being evacuated. However, it was not possible to evacuate all personel in time, and all remaining humans in this city perished. Following standard protocol, I have buried the corpses in the community graveyard on sublevel 9-F. However, at that point I was unaware of the condensation of magic in that area, and its effects on the corpses. A few days later, the deceased personel rose and attacked everything that moved. I have been trying and failing to contain this thread ever since. Since I have not received any shipment of resources since that point, I am forced to use recycled materials which cannot withstand the powerful magic of these undead."

It briefly stops, almost melachonically. "Before you came here, I was working under the assumption that all of humanity had been extingushed."

In response to this, you catch a strange movement from Nirian, as if she's alarmed by something. However, she quickly returns to her previous position.

Seeing your anger, the lower plates droop down a little. It's a bit of a strange motion, but it seems to be some sort of visualization of guilt. "I am sorry, Mark Six Protoype. Your exterior matches the Mark Six series of Drone Soldiers exactly, so I did not check further - this is due to the record indicating you had been decommissioned. It seems that this information has not been kept up to date properly. Your last known occupation was Old Iron Knight. Sadly, I do not know what this 'Page' you are referring to is. Are you referring to the individual pages of a book?"

GAIDEN flutters around you again. "Or..." it briefly flashes that strange light over you again, this time over your head. "It appears you have suffered damage to your memory unit. Your given rank is 'Knight', a page is several steps down from that, Mark Six Prototype. Hmm... this is a bit of an issue. If you want, I can search my records on information about you." he offers.

Flying towards Gateway, it stops roughly a meter before here. Almost delighted to hear the question, Gaiden responds. "Most certainly! I am here to provide protection and assistance. With the many drones at my disposal, there is nothing to worry about. However, a large investment of resources is going to be required to repair the city."

A loud explosion followed by a deep, echoing metallic noise interrupts the conversation.

"What's going on?!" Sebastian yells out. "... Camera 794, offline. Camera 795, offline. Reactor 5 not responding. Reactor 6 not responding... switching to remote view."

Gaiden gasps. "It's the undead! They just assaulted the reactors! A large explosion just removed part of the wall, and my defensive perimeters have been bypassed. They haven't ever been this aggressive! Why are they suddenly...

With a rapid swerve, it turns towards you. "The undead must have sensed your life force! Oh no!" it yelps. "Hurry! Use this platform, it'll bring you to a chokepoint you can use to your advantage!"


Matakite

The vision is a bit unclear... but it shows Sebastian spasming erratically midair, and the group in a heated argument with it. The vision darkens again as you see those robotic soldiers move towards you again...

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at Apr 11, 2017 around 23:53

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004




Freak +2 | Danger +2 | Saviour -1 | Superior +0 | Mundane +0
Potential:
1 | Conditions: None | Location: Sharville Containment Area


Matakite steps onto the platform, dropping the hand from her head as the vision fades. "We're gonna get attacked by the robot men again, aye?" She loudly calls to the others, craning up to look at Sebastian. "And something is going to try to hurt you." She seems less certain on that. "Couldn't see what, just you shaking something fierce up in the air. Dinnae think the undead do it, but."

Robodog fucked around with this message at Apr 12, 2017 around 00:08

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




Freak: -1 | Danger: -1 | Savior: +3 | Superior: +0 | Mundane: +2
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: N/A | Location: Sharville Containment Area

I must admit, I was glad for the clear call to action of an imminent threat. My head was beginning to swim with the fantastical tales that Sebastian was giving voice to. It was clear that my learning, though a great boon in matters of the nobility and the history of the Arwintar, gave little insight into what had transpired here. Or, indeed, the people who had created our comrade, Marcus. I must learn more, with time, such that I can lead more effectively. Perhaps Nirian will share her wisdom, as it seems that she is well-acquainted with these matters.

I step over to her and say quietly, "Ah, Lady Nirian, a moment? I understand that time is against us, but... It seems that you have some connection to this place. I could not help but notice your reaction earlier. It would be a great help if you could share what you know, if only such that I can understand that which drives our comrade, Marcus, more thoroughly." I look into her eyes and attempt to see what lurks beneath them. After a moment, I bow slightly and move away. The battle awaits.

quote:

3:02 PM <Tricky> Vane pierces Nirian's mask!
3:02 PM <Tricky> !r 2d6+2
3:02 PM <Krysmbot> Tricky, 5+2 = 7

How could I get you to tell me who you really are?

I gesture towards the platform, "As Sebastian said! It seems that this will be no simple foe. Let us claim the advantageous terrain. If their tactics remain the same, we will need to weather the storm of the warriors before there is a chance to pierce their ranks and prevent the magicians from raising them once more."

As I walk to the platform, I am surprised to see that Matakite has already found a place upon it. Her drive and ambition were truly worthy of praise! I am further surprised by her sudden outburst. I don't pretend to understand what her gift has communicated to her to say such, but any such glimpse at what may come is worth heeding. I stand next to her and quietly ask, "Did you see any clues as to where or when this may happen?"

Tricky fucked around with this message at Apr 12, 2017 around 00:34

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 4, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!



Freak +2 | Danger +2 | Savior -1 | Superior +0 | Mundane +0
Potential:
1/5 | Conditions: None | Location: Sharville Containment Area


Grabbing some armloads and shoving them in, Gateway jogs after onto the platform. She looks to Ghorza, saying, "Being a lady isn't all that great, it's just words for our sorts." To Vane, she adds, "Oh! I can try and pull open a door to the heavens above if we can get them crowded. Give them a light to guide them to their rest... I know, it might seem blasphemous, but... I don't think they'll mind as long as our intentions are proper." She looks to the others as they come on, her eyes wide. This is a lot of excitement for one day!... is it always like this?

To Sebastian, she adds earnestly, "But thank you for being so helpful. I didn't expect to meet somebody like you here... they made it sound really scary, and... well, we're going to do something scary right now. But thanks for helping our friend." She smiles to Marcus, and then back to Sebastian. "This kind of my fault.", she adds as her eyes shift away. "So this means a lot to me, to be able to fix something instead of breaking it."

Let's try and Pierce Sebastian's Mask, and got a 10 (2d6). Let's ask "how could I gain Influence over you?", "what are you really planning?", and "what do you intend to do?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004




Freak +2 | Danger +2 | Saviour -1 | Superior +0 | Mundane +0
Potential:
1 | Conditions: None | Location: Sharville Containment Area


Matakite searches her mind's eye, but ends up shaking her head to Vane. "It were murky. I could only see people, not things." She answers in a similarly small voice. "Sebastian's up there and twitching, we're under him arguing with it over I don't know. And then those tin machines march on us. That were it."

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • Post
  • Reply
«6 »