Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
  • Locked thread
Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




Freak: -1 | Danger: -1 | Savior: +3 | Superior: +0 | Mundane: +2
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: N/A | Location: Sharville Containment Area

I nod at Gateway's proposal, "That seems a sound plan! I'll leave the matter of their final disposal in your capable hands, Gateway." I do not know whether it would be blasphemy or not — a matter I'd present to Adwin in coming days, perhaps — but it certainly sounds like a most effective stratagem.

I turn back to Matakite and smile as we continue chatting softly, "Well, no matter. We are forewarned at the least and know that we must be on our guard. Better that than falling prey to an ambush." I tap her shoulder with a fist. "I appreciate that, Matakite. Truly."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrree
Jan 15, 2008

WHEN ONE STRIKES THY NEIGHBOR THEY STRIKE THEMSELVES.
WHEN ONE FEEDS THY NEIGHBOR THEY FEED THEMSELVES.
THERE IS NO OTHER.



Freak: +2 | Danger: +1 | Saviour: -1 | Superior: +3 | Mundane: -2
Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: N/A, Holding +1 Forward on (Droid Dissection, or Defending Nirian) | Location: Inner Sharville

Marcus fell quiet, more than a little ashamed of his outburst. Sebastian had not been condescending or dismissive, and answered all of the his' questions, and yet...

Marcus couldn't understand the answers.

Why was Sebastian surprised he could speak? What was a Pro-toe-type? The only Marcus did understand was that Sebastian knew that he, the old him, had once been a Knight. Which he already knew.

Chastened by the floating droid's patience, Marcus spoke a little quieter, "I... I appreciate your offer. But we should make sure everyone is safe, first." His insatiable curiosity forced him to say, "But, yes, when we're in a safe place, I would very, very much like to discuss my past with you. What you know of the Old Iron Knight."

And he stepped on the platform.

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006




Freak: +2 | Danger: -1 | Saviour: +0 | Superior: +2 | Mundane: +0
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: N/A | Location: Sharville Containment Area

"I was lead to believe that being a "Lady" had a lot of meaning to it," I say to Gateway as I step onto the platform with all the others, "Or was I wrong?"

I turn to Vane, and say, "This will most likely be a fiercer battle than the last one, but," I put my hand on his shoulder, and grin, "I'm confident you'll be able to lead us to victory again, my friend."

quote:

<Hugzilla> Ghorza is supporting Vane! (+1 from influence)
<Hugzilla> !r 2d6+1
<Krysmbot> Hugzilla, 12+1 = 13

Vane gets the usual if he responds, and I'll choose to add a Team to the pool!

Tardzilla fucked around with this message at Apr 13, 2017 around 17:18

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




Freak: -1 | Danger: -1 | Savior: +3 | Superior: +0 | Mundane: +2
Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: N/A | Location: Sharville Containment Area

I grin back at Ghorza, "As you say, Lady Ghorza. I will be counting on your counsel in the battles to come. And... Well, I am truly honored by your friendship. Thank you."

For all the stories of the Ork hordes and their depredations of the borderlands to the north, I had found Ghorza was hardly a monster. Perhaps it was a distance borne of my father's realm being on the border of Narz, rather than the Wastes. I had as much reason as any to mistrust the political machinations of man, but none such preconceptions when it came to her people. Regardless, her charm would surely have won me over sooner than not. Perhaps we might spar upon our return? It was a time-honored way of bonding and it would be most enlightening to view the fighting techniques of her people.

Vane marks potential and we add more Team to the pool for a total of 4!

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.



Freak: +1 | Danger: +2 | Savior: -1 | Superior: +1 | Mundane: +0
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: N/A | Location: Some creepy old robot city underground.

"Umm.... r-right." I stammered, letting the young lord go. Oh gods I stammered! I might as well just jump into the bottomless pit! But I spot Lady Fury waving me over. Thankful for the escape I shuffle over to her. That scent wafting off of her is delightful. It's almost enough to focus my mind a little bit. Hard to do. Holding the sword makes me think differently. It's still me but... bigger?

"Hey, how you holding up." I smile, then remember I'm wearing the helm. I can't take it off, I'd have to drop out of my armour form, and I don't feel brave enough to do it in this place.

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?


Freak: +0 | Danger: -1 | Savior: +2 | Superior: +0 | Mundane: +2
Potential: 2/5 | Conditions: None! | Location: Sharville

I jolt as the explosion rocks the air, almost dropping the bag I was holding from surprise. Preparing myself to ask just what had happened, Sebastian beats me to the punch and kindly informs us that we have a swarm of undead coming after us, which was… concerning, to put it lightly. Could we fend them off? Most likely. But to do so without injury? A much more difficult matter. Of course, I did not expect for us Pages to go on without harm forever, yet… I preferred that it would happen later rather than sooner. We may have only became a team recently, but I was still reluctant to see their blood spilt. With that in mind, I wait to follow my fellows onto the platform, instead glancing around first. Creative tactics weren’t quite my strong suit, but perhaps there was something we could use here to aid us in battle…

quote:

[18:30] <TheFireMagi> Sentinel is Assessing the Situation!
[18:30] <TheFireMagi> !r 2d6
[18:30] <Krysmbot> TheFireMagi, 3 = 3
[18:30] <TheFireMagi> nooot even close
[18:31] <Yamifenrir> rip

...and perhaps there was, but if so, I couldn’t see it. With so much strange machinery combined with the frantic nature of the situation, I suppose it was only natural that I couldn’t find anything useful. Natural, but frustrating nonetheless. Clenching a fist for a moment, I hurry towards the platform, with a quick,

“Sorry about the delay. I was hoping to find something to assist us in holding off the horde, but no such luck it seems.”

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

Four Brain Food Lunches and a Coke. ...and some dry white toast.




Freak: +3 | Danger: +2 | Savior: +1 | Superior: -1 | Mundane: -2
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: None
Location: Sharville Containment Zone

"I'm well enough," I say to Red Errant as I gather. "... I wanted to thank you for earlier. It was very kind of you to --"

And then there's an explosion, interrupting my thoughts, and reflexively I rush for the platform even with my half-full satchel of parts. Presumably we can get the rest once we've routed these undead... things? And it even sounds like Gateway has a plan. "Do you think you can handle them all, Gateway? Should we... direct them for you?" I could likely rend them into pieces, as could many of us, but if that's not going to work...

And Matakite makes it sound like we have other problems. I remember my last run-in with one of our prophecies, and so I listen carefully. "... it sounds like Sebastian's going to lose control? Sebastian, is there anything you can do to prevent what Matakite's said?"

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.



Freak: +1 | Danger: +2 | Savior: -1 | Superior: +1 | Mundane: +0
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: N/A | Location: Some creepy old robot city underground.

I don't even flinch when the explosion comes. Almost like I could feel it coming. Pater's influence no doubt. I can't help but feel excited!

"Well, if they need any encouragement to walk into the light, I can always give them a little push." I say, my grip audibly tightening on Pater's sheath. If they were anything like the undead I'd heard of, they'd never be able to deal with my speed or strength. I push the thought of them swarming over me to the back of my mind. Wasn't going to happen. This was going to be fine!

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?

Everyone

You make your way to a narrow corridor, and just in time. There is a barricade up, but the first wave of undead is already upon it!

And boy, are there a lot. Roughly thirty skeletons are marching words you, with varying levels of equipment. Some wear strange clothes that could be addressed to the previous inhabitants - but a select few, around five of them, wear more familiar gear - they likely were adventurers that died in this city. The strange gleam that their assorted mishmash of gear gives up suggests it is enchanted.

Perhaps this is what remains of the last group of people Sebastian asked for help?


New mechanic!

Terrain feature:
Defensive Perimeter

Take a -1 to rolling powerful blows while the Perimeter is attacked. Perimeter can be destroyed by various means, and can be Defended like a person can in order to try and prevent destruction.

Perimeter Hitpoints (3/4)

quote:

Skeleton Chumps

Conditions:

quote:

Skeleton Champs:

Conditions:

Special mechanic:

Enchanted Equipment
Can trigger various magic effects in combat. Take -1 to directly engage without having figured out what their equipment does (you can do this via assess).


Gateway

Sebastian looks confused. "Scary? I don't really have a good definition for that concept. I remember hearing some humans say that abandoned cities are a scary place. Is that it? I've made sure to keep it tidy--" he suddenly stops. "Wait, did you get attacked by my drones on the surface? I am terribly sorry! They are only meant to remove wild animals so humans could live on the surface again. However, once they are on the surface, I do not have any control over them and have to wait for them to come back..."

He seems to brighten up, given that he seems to move more agile again. You seem to be starting to grasp his 'body language', so to speak. "I'm always happy to help humans! After all, this is why I exist."


You already have influence over him! As it turns out, he is just really, really happy to see living, breathing humans again. He must have been terribly lonely down here. Other than that, it seems pointing out his mistakes or alluding to them seems to be a good way to get his ear, so to say. Since you already did that by accident, you get influence again! Since you already had influence, this means your next move targeting him gets a +1 to the roll.

Sebastian doesn't seem to have any long term plans right now. His previous intent seems to have been maintaining the city in a vain attempt to keep it in a state for any survivors to reclaim, against all hopes, but now that he actually knows about humanity surviving, he seems to be trying to figure out a better approach to get people back into this city.

Right now, he's clearly worried the most about your safety. He's sending you to fight the undead very, very reluctantly. As such, you can probably expect him to keep tabs on you and try to help should you need it.


Vane Drake

Nirian downright flinches when you suggest she has a connection to this place. Within a second, the light in her eyes is gone, and replaced by something cold, calculating. Like a predator would look at it's prey. Quite franky, it's terrifying. It quickly vanishes when you bring up the earlier reaction, however.

"Oh. No, I have no connection to this place." she replies, waiting until you are out of earshot of Sebastian. "No, it's Sebastian I am worried about. Did you not notice it? He claimed to have no knowledge of the outside world, and yet he knows about us. He must be getting information from somewhere. Most likely, he's connected to the information network of a nearby Dome City. It seems that they're spying quite heavily on us."

As per your comment on Marcus, she frowns. "Sadly, I do not know much about him myself. While the future is an open book to me, I cannot peer into the past. This is partly why I enjoy interacting with him so much. He is very intriguing." Nirian explains. "But what I have learned so far is pretty clear. Marcus is, in many ways, a lot more human than all of us. But he also is an innocent child. Do not be fooled by his body - he is but a child in mind."

With that said, she turns away from you, and her eyes go back to the perimeter. However, this leaves you to wonder what was up with that reaction. Those kind of eyes do not belong to a pacifist. Those are the eyes of a fierce warrior, no doubt.

Between this and her actions during the interview, you think you managed to connect some dots. If you're correct, Nirian has serious trust issues, and seem to more than just disdain nobility. On top of that, her past seems to be something she desperately wants to leave behind - and further inquiry may even be met with violence, given her surprisingly cold reaction to your question. Considering you too are part of the nobility, it is very unlikely that she'll tell you directly. However, Nirian, for reasons unknown, is very fond of Marcus. It's possible that you may be able to gain that information by manipulating Marcus into helping you out.


Matakite

Sebastian looks confused. "I... I do not understand. Things should be under my control up here. ... I'll keep it in mind, and retreat to a safe location. Thank you."


Sentinel

Damnit! Your delay nearly causes the barricade to be overun! Thankfully, you arrived just in time, and it's still intact. Still, it means you aren't quite as protected as you could have been. And it's entirely your fault!

Mark Insecure

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




Freak: -1 | Danger: -1 | Savior: +3 | Superior: +0 | Mundane: +2
Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: N/A | Location: Sharville Containment Area

Nirian's answers made sense, of sort, but that moment of bloodlust... Hm. It seems she is, indeed, not as easily understood as she would have us believe. Perhaps I would ask Marcus to get to the bottom of matters. She was keener on him than I, for certain, despite our cordial conversations earlier. It seems she has little reason to trust the nobility of Arwintar. I wonder what could have caused such distrust? Her caution of Sebastian is sound, however, so I'm willing to save that for another time. The unworldly din I was hearing from the direction of our destination did much to support that decision.

As we round the bend and the skeletons come into sight, it would be fair to say that I am intimidated by the sheer numbers of our foes. My comrades are mighty and I know that they will surely carry the day, but... There's no sign of the mages of yet. It would be a mistake to assume that these would be the last enemies we faced. I level my spear at the skeletons assaulting the barricade, "Let us clear the nearest foes first! This battle will test our will and endurance both! Marshal your strength! We shall be fighting for some time!"

Holding my action for the moment to Defend anyone who needs it or Support Sentinel.

Tricky fucked around with this message at Apr 15, 2017 around 17:19

Scrree
Jan 15, 2008

WHEN ONE STRIKES THY NEIGHBOR THEY STRIKE THEMSELVES.
WHEN ONE FEEDS THY NEIGHBOR THEY FEED THEMSELVES.
THERE IS NO OTHER.



Freak: +2 | Danger: +1 | Saviour: -1 | Superior: +3 | Mundane: -2
Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: N/A, Holding +1 Forward on (Droid Dissection, or Defending Nirian) | Location: Inner Sharville

The undead humans were a terrifying sight, but Marcus was steeled by his earlier examination of the destroyed robots. They're just bees, he repeated to himself for comfort, knowing in his heart that it was probably a lie. Humans, reanimated by strange magic, were different beings from constructed robots, and... and now was not the time to ponder such things! What worried Marcus was, well, a lot of things, but beyond their simple numbers and the already fraying barricades, it was the eerie glow on skeleton's weapons. That was definitely some kind of magic, and magic, Marcus knew from sparring with Gateway, was very dangerous.

Marcus turned towards Lady Lindenhall -- for no conscious reason, he had just been instinctively following behind her -- and informed her of his plan, "I shall... try my best... to identity the magic upon the Skeleton's blades." He stepped forward, still behind the barricade, but just barely, and the shutters on his eye's opened with a barely audible clack.

quote:

20:34 Scrree Marcus Assess the Situation! (+ Superior, What Fouls Magicks Are These?)
20:34 Scrree !r 2d6+3
20:34 Krysmbot Scrree, 4+3 = 7
20:34 Scrree :o
Barely made it!

Asking the custom: 'What Foul Magicks Enchant These Accursed Skeleton's Blades?' question!


For a brief second, Marcus' vision cleared of the pink haze that shrouded his vision his Nirian... did something to his insides. It was a pleasant surprise.

Then the pink came back, and -- and it was pinker than before. The entire world was pinker than it had ever been before; pinker than Marcus thought it possibly could be. The old-yet-young robot nearly fell over from the shock of ultraviolet assault, but held his composure with a simple mantra -- the weapons. The weapons, what magic is upon the weapons?

The magic around the skeleton's blades swirled; so bright and pink they seared the air around them. Marcus... actually knew this! Yes! One of the first books he had read was on enchanted arms and armors, to find out if he was one, or, wait, did Avangran tell him of this pattern in one of his lectures on the fundamentals of magic? Whatever the source of the knowledge, Marcus felt the answer form in his deepest circuits. He felt sparks of pride as he reached for it; yes, he knew this!

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 4, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!



Freak +2 | Danger +2 | Savior -1 | Superior +0 | Mundane +0
Potential:
1/5 | Conditions: None, +1 on next roll involving Sebastian | Location: Sharville Containment Area


A Short Time Ago...

"Oh, well, they didn't cause any harm to us, in the end.", Gateway says to Sebastian. "Don't take it too hard, but they need to be a little safer..." She then looks to Ghorza, rubbing her shoulder nervously. "Well, just because you get a title doesn't mean you get treated like you belong.", she says quietly. "Even if you've earned it."

Now!

As the horde comes in, Gateway holds her hand out, and there's a blinding flare for a moment in her palm before she collapses her first around it. Stark rays shine out from between her fingers, and she mumbles, "I can do this, I can do this, I can do this..." She holds the gate in the palm of her hand, focusing on maintaining control. She needs to prove she can do better. That she's not a menace, public or otherwise.

Charging her powers with a roll of 9 (2d6 + 4), which will subtract 1 Plan and give her 3 Burn.

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004




Freak +2 | Danger +2 | Saviour -1 | Superior +0 | Mundane +0
Potential:
1 | Conditions: None | Location: Sharville Containment Area


Having already tried to see beyond sight and getting murky waters, Matakite decides that being a bit more blunt would be the more useful way to go here. Hopping over the perimeter, patu at the ready, she brings her weapon down and a sharp crack rings out. Whalebone proves stronger and harder than human bones.

Hiting a skellenton and taking thing hitting thing of no damage in return
[9:46pm] Robodog: punching then
[9:46pm] Robodog: .roll 2d6+2
[9:46pm] Robodog: fuckign bot
[9:46pm] Yamifenrir: use !
[9:46pm] Robodog: !roll 2d6+2
[9:46pm] Krysmbot: Robodog, 6+2 = 8

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.



Freak: +1 | Danger: +2 | Savior: -1 | Superior: +1 | Mundane: +0
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: N/A | Location: Some creepy old robot city underground.

"It's okay Sentinel! " I say. I'm trying to sound enthusiastic. "It's the thought that counts! You're at least smart enough to think about looking! It hadn't occurred to me."

- - -

10:27 PM A<ArashiOfOrdo3> ArashiofOrdo3 Red Errant will comfort and Support Sentinel! (+Bull's heart bonus)
10:28 PM !r 2d6+1
10:28 PM K<Krysmbot> ArashiOfOrdo3, 11+1 = 12
- Adding team

- - -

"Maybe after all this is done we can see if I can find a good place to drink! It be nice to get out of this armour for once." I put my hand on my hip, trying to accentuate the curve of my figure. Yeah, it probably doesn't work with the armour. But dammit, I'm trying! Also, maybe this isn't the best time to flirt. But I feel so much more confident like this! Once I'm out of the armour I'm not going to know what to do with myself. I get into line, facing the skelies. I can't help but feel a tremor of excitement! Enemies I didn't have to hold back against! Yay!

"If any of them get close, I'll bat them back!" I call. Getting ready to play wack-a-skull.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

Four Brain Food Lunches and a Coke. ...and some dry white toast.




Freak: +3 | Danger: +2 | Savior: +1 | Superior: -1 | Mundane: -2
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: None
Location: Sharville Containment Zone, Skeleton Bashin'

If you can't be strong for yourself, be strong for them.

They're words that are echoing in my ears, now that we've engaged again with the enemy, this time in the form of the dead -- and some more recently dead than others. It's not a pleasant thought, to think about these things... but there's another urgent concern, holding the barricade. Gateway has a plan for dealing with these creatures, but we need to make sure we aren't swarmed, first.

I race towards the barrier, trying to keep my head up and stay strong, stay brave -- and above all else, not think much about where I am, and what our foes once were. "We've got to hold the barricade and give Gateway time to work!" As I reach the barricade, ready to intercept any skeletons attempting to destroy it, I realize what Marcus was telling me. (Why me? Well, that hardly matters, does it?) "Marcus, what is it? What do you see?"

Preemptively defend Defensive Perimeter: 2d6+1 11
Adding 1 Team to the pool!

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006




Freak: +2 | Danger: -1 | Saviour: +0 | Superior: +2 | Mundane: +0
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: N/A | Location: Sharville Containment Area

It's hard not to be intimidated by the enemy. There were many of them, and there will no doubt be many more to come, and, unlike us, the undead do not tire. This will be a difficult fight, but not an impossible one.

I brandish the battleaxe my father gave me before I left- a decorated axe given to those who are chosen to lead our tribe- and whisper in prayer, "May the spirits of my ancestors guide me to victory today." After my prayer, I leap over the barricade alongside Matakite, and shout out my people's battlecry, "LO'GASH OGAR!" before I rush into the horde of undead, and chop them into two with my axe.

quote:

<Hugzilla> Ghorza is going to Directly Engage the skellingtons! With -1 danger!
<Hugzilla> !r 2d6-1
<Krysmbot> Hugzilla, 7-1 = 6

If somebody Teams me, I'll pick the "create an opportunity for your allies" option.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




Freak: -1 | Danger: -1 | Savior: +3 | Superior: +0 | Mundane: +2
Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: N/A | Location: Sharville Containment Area

Spending a point of team to bump the roll up!

The initial stages of the battle seem to be going well. Lady Fury is keeping the main press of the horde from smashing into the barrier and Gateway has tapped into the forces that would allow her to eliminate this threat once and for all. My eyes play over the initial skirmishes, but my attention was immediately drawn by Lady Ghorza's battlecry. She is leaping into the thick of things! Is it some strategem that I could not comprehend? Perhaps an attempt to draw their attention to one spot so that Gateway could strike? In any case, it is clear to see that the skeletons are beginning to swarm around her. Even with her mighty axe cleaving through bone, she would need help.

I take a deep breath, vaul over the barricade with the butt of my spear, and charged through to her side. For a few moments, we are as poetry in motion. Where the skeletons tried to harry her after a mighty swing, I stand ready to knock them away. Where my spear is bogged down in a rib cage or a press of skeletons, she is ready to smash that which slows my strike. We make a fine team.

We briefly find ourselves standing in a clearing of dust and bone. I turn to my companion and say, "A fine skirmish! Are you unhurt?" Her mind is truly brilliant. I know that I cannot match her wit, but I will content myself to stand at her side and ensure that no harm befalls her.

quote:

6:53 AM <Tricky> Vane heroically defends Ghorza!
6:54 AM <Tricky> !r 2d4+4
6:54 AM <Krysmbot> Tricky, 5+4 =
9

Exposing myself to danger! Also, taking Influence and shifting Ghorza's labels +Superior/-Danger.

Tricky fucked around with this message at Apr 19, 2017 around 15:25

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?


Freak: +0 | Danger: -1 | Savior: +2 | Superior: +0 | Mundane: +2
Potential:3/5 | Conditions: Insecure | Location: Sharville

In spite of the rather tense situation, I feel myself letting my guard down for a moment as Red Errant comforts me after my misstep. I hadn’t entirely been seeking such comfort, admittedly, but the words were pleasant to hear. Even so, that didn’t change the fact that I made the mistake in the first place, nor the fact that our defensive position was weakened from my delayed arrival. Not that I intended to let such a thing slow me down, of course! What were mistakes for if not to learn from them, after all? I’d simply just have to try all the harder to make amends. Nodding in acknowledgment, I quickly shoot back to Red Errant,

“Drinks sound lovely, though I admit I’m not all that familiar with alcohol myself. I’ll be counting on you to find somewhere good!”

Marking potential from the comfort.

Seeing Matakite and Ghorza charge in does catch me by surprise. Was the point not to hold this position…? No matter. I can hardly let them take on all these undead by themselves! Letting Vane hurry after Ghorza, I start to carve my way through the wall of bonely foes towards Matakite, who appears to be doing fairly well on holding her own. Still, doesn’t mean I can’t assist! Weaving in, I quickly parry and disarm a skeleton going for her back, before kicking it into the masses. Satisfied with myself as a sizable chunk of the undead are knocked over, I turn to my seeress companion, saying,

“Pardon me, Matakite. Hope you don’t mind if I watch your back?”

quote:

[13:13] <TheFireMagi> hm, think i'll just smack some skellies for now
[13:14] <TheFireMagi> Sentinel engages the skeletons! (+Savior)
[13:14] <TheFireMagi> !r 2d6+2
[13:14] <Krysmbot> TheFireMagi, 12+2 = 14
[13:14] <HugzillaPhone> noice
[13:14] <TheFireMagi> i'll take it
Gonna resist their blows and create an opportunity.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?

Marcus

There's no coherent theme to their gear - other than sort of relating to their craft in their past life. There's a flame-enchanted scimitar in there, some sort of grasping vine whip, presumably still following the commands of its late owner, a frost dagger, as well as a dark elemental crossbow which seeps with some sort of vile poison. And worse, that skeleton is also keeping to the back, making attacking it quite hard!


Sentinel

While you did trim the horde quite a bit, in your attempt to cover her back you yourself got blindsided, and your helmet got hit by a wild hammer swing. It wasn't a very powerful swing, probably a near-miss, but your ears are ringing HORRIBLY and you feel disoriented.



Ghorza

Vane comes to your aid, just in time! If he hadn't covered for you just then, you would definitely have gotten overwhelmed. As it is, you still took a painful glancing blow.

Take a powerful blow at -1!

Also, you can't help but realize that the skeletons are suddenly very, very interested in you. They had split into two groups, trying to surround the four of you that charged forward, but now the second one is moving to flank you! These skeletons must be controlled by some sort of necromancer, there's no way they're this intelligent otherwise!

However, this DOES give the others a chance to hit their backline, assuming you manage to hold out...


Vane Drake

Oh dear. Oh dear! It's hard to see behind that sheer wall of skeleton that is coming crashing towards you, but you caught a glimpse of the backline. There's an entire row of assorted ranged weapons, and they're all aimed at you!

However, a sudden sensation of a pull on your feet disrupts your thoughts! Before you can even look down, you slam down onto the ground with a thud, and finally you see what's going on - some sort of vine entangled your leg, and it's trying to pull you directly into the horde! Unfortunately, due to the shock of being yanked to the floor, you let go of your floor, and it ever cruelly draws further and further away as you struggle to reach it...

Mark Afraid


Matakite

This isn't good! You're getting surrounded, and Drake just get dragged to the floor by some sort of vine! Your club is no cutting weapon, so how are you going to deal with this situation?!


Lady Fury

Thanks to your vantage position, you see it coming first - the skeleton mages Sebastian spoke off have arrived. Right now, there's only one of them in sight, but your keep hearing reveals more footsteps homing in on you from further ahead! This one has brown robes, suggesting an earth mage.

And indeed, it is! With a short wave of his hand, a large rock materializes, and it launches straight towards the barricade! Instinctively, you jump towards it, and hold it back with your monstrous might, stopping just short of the barricade, saving you from being crushed between it and the rock.

Phew.

However, the mage has no intention of taking this failure lying down, and immediately starts another spell! With the horde splitting up, you could charge him and prevent more spells from being cast, but... can you really leave your friends buried in skeletons like this?


Red Errant

Having stayed in reserve, you got a good grasp of the situation. ... Unfortunately, it's not looking good. Sentinel's doing fine, thankfully, but Vane and Matakite have all but disappeared into a sea of moving bone! On top of that, there's a eerily organized backline of ranged attackers arrayed before you, and one of these weapons gives of a particularly nasty glint!

There's also a mage even further back, all but assured to be the biggest danger - but the left flank is about to fall here!


Gateway

Oh cripes! This went downhill, quickly. Vane and Matakite are entirely surrounded, there's a bunch of enchanted weapons in the fray that are sure to cause havoc, and there's a mage behind, attacking the barricade! Just what do you deal with first here? And how can you make sure not to catch your allies in the area of effect?


Everyone

What do you do?

Left Skeleton Group marks Angry, Right Skeleton Group marks Angry.

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at Apr 24, 2017 around 21:44

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 4, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!



Freak +2 | Danger +2 | Savior -1 | Superior +0 | Mundane +0
Potential:
1/5 | Conditions: None, +1 on next roll involving Sebastian | Location: Sharville Containment Area


Pulling her hands away from the bright, blinding spark of a gate, Gateway then pushes outwards, shifting it above the midst of enemies surrounding Vane and Matakite. "Hold on! I've got you!", she calls out, and then spreads her hands wide. As she does so, the light goes from stark to shining, a gate to the Seven Heavens tearing open above them. Her fingers contort as if resisting a tremendous as she violates the usual nature of things. As as the light shines down, it boils away at the darkness within them, purifying their bodies with a voiceless song.

Directly engaging those menacing Matakite and Vane with Reality Storm Planar Flux, spending 2 Burn to avoid collateral with a total of 11 (2d6 + 2). Choosing "avoid their blows" and "create an opportunity for your allies".

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

Four Brain Food Lunches and a Coke. ...and some dry white toast.




Freak: +3 | Danger: +2 | Savior: +1 | Superior: -1 | Mundane: -2
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: None
Location: Sharville Containment Zone, Skeleton Bashin'

On one hand, I've got to hold the line, and the others seem close to being overwhelmed. On the other... I can see Gateway beginning to work her magic on the horde, and I can also see that the skeleton mage is the major threat to the barrier -- and a threat to all of us, if it (he? She? It) isn't dealt with quickly. "... hold on!" It's the last coherent thought I can call out to my team before I force myself into real fighting mode.

My wings rustle behind me, and I drop into a hunch as I charge at the skeleton mage, shrieking as I bring my claws to bear. I don't know if these things have the capacity to be afraid, or to recognize my rather unfortunate form, but if they don't, maybe they still have the capacity to recognize loud noises. Let whatever instincts they have respond to me! Or, at bare minimum, let me rend this wizard's remaining power from his bones before it can do any more harm.

Directly Engage the skelewizard: 2d6+2 9
Choosing to impress/surprise/frighten the opposition, for whatever that may be worth.

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.



Freak: +1 | Danger: +2 | Savior: -1 | Superior: +1 | Mundane: +0
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: N/A | Location: Some creepy old robot city underground.

Okay, well, that's am improvement. Okay... maybe? I have no idea if Sentinel got the hint. Anyway...

The fight rages, I watch the ebb and flow. I feel a little bit of smug satisfaction as Vane gets mobbed. That quickly changes to a sick twisting terror as something drags his legs out from under him. He could die. Those skeletons could kill him. I might hate him (some of the time) but I don't want him to die dammit!

"Vain! What the gently caress are you doing!?" I yell, rushing forward! Getting between him and the archer line "It's the right place for you to be, on your rear end in the mud! But don't! You! Dare! Die on me!!" I slap back at the skeleton mob, getting some breathing room. "It's embarrassing enough that you're our leader. Never mind that I li-" I shut my mouth. God I almost said too much...

Lady Fury rushes for the mage. I see the archer line aiming their shots. Not going to happen! I start to dash forwards. But then I spot the ex-venturers. Some kind of vine sunk into the ground, like the one around Vane's leg. I put two and two together. These things are dead already. I've no idea if it'll be enough... But there's too much at stake here! These undead shits are not stealing my vengeance from me!

So I do something that I'll probably regret.

//*Yesssss....!*\\

I reach down and undo the seal on Pater.

//*Do it...!*\\

I feel the rush of pressure from his blade as I start to draw the sword.

//*KILL!*\\

I pull upwards! A crescent moon uppercut through the whip skeleton from groin to collarbone! The pure white trail left behind in Pater's wake, like a sheet of silk in the wind, delicate. The bones offer no resistance. Nor does the ground, or the walls around us. I feel my heart beat once.

- - -

2:54 PM A<ArashiOfOrdo3> ArashiofOrdo3 Red Errant is going to Directly Engage the Ex-Venturers and cause collateral damage while frustrating Vain.
2:54 PM !r 2d6+3
2:54 PM K<Krysmbot> ArashiOfOrdo3, 3+3 = 6

- Picking "Taking the vine whip from the undead adventurers" from the China shop bonus.

If someone teams me, then will also pick "Avoid their blows."

- - -

A slight twist of my hip, and I unleash a whirlwind of wild blows! I'm not used to using Pater like this. We're out of sinc! I can't control it just right yet! I can only hope I'm far enough away from the others! I lock my arm, stopping my swing. The pressure wave rushes outwards. Ruffling my shoulder cape. I need to focus! Or else it won't be just the skeletons who're going to taste patter's fangs.

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006




Freak: +2 | Danger: -2 | Saviour: +0 | Superior: +3 | Mundane: +0
Potential: 2/5 | Conditions: N/A | Location: Sharville Containment Area

"I am doing just fine," I reply back to Lord Vane, "Especially now that I have you watching my back!"

One of the skeletons manages to hit me with a glancing blow to my sides, but I manage to shrug off the attack, and slice the head off my attacker. It'll take more than that to bring an ork down!

quote:

<HugzillaPhone> Ghorza takes a powerful blow! (-1)
<HugzillaPhone> !r 2d6-1
<Krysmbot> HugzillaPhone, 6-1 = 5

Marking Potential!

The skeletons start surrounding us, just like I thought they would. It was a risky, and dangerous, move, but this should give Gateway and the others the chance they need to go after their backlines. I glance back to see how Vane is doing, and- Huh? Where did he go?

Oh, no! He's being dragged away by some sort of vine thing into a horde of skeletons! Before I could do anything, Red Errant charges in, and takes care of the whip skeleton that was pulling him away. I breath a short sigh of relief, but then I notice a row of skeletons, armed with bows, aimed directly at them! Before they launch their arrows, I put myself between them and the archers, and prepare myself to protect my allies. They loosen their arrows, and expertly swing my battleaxe around to deflect their shots, not letting a single one get past me.

"Vane!" I call out to him, "Are you doing alright!? Can you still fight!?"

quote:

<Hugzilla> Now can Ghorza defend Vane!? (+1 from influence)
<Hugzilla> !r 2d6+1
<Krysmbot> Hugzilla, 8+1 = 9

Exposing myself to danger! Also adding a Team to the pool, and then using it to make Red Errant's roll into a 7!

Scrree
Jan 15, 2008

WHEN ONE STRIKES THY NEIGHBOR THEY STRIKE THEMSELVES.
WHEN ONE FEEDS THY NEIGHBOR THEY FEED THEMSELVES.
THERE IS NO OTHER.



Freak: +2 | Danger: +1 | Saviour: -1 | Superior: +3 | Mundane: -2
Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: N/A, Holding +1 Forward on (Droid Dissection, or Defending Nirian) | Location: Battlefield; The Thick of It!

Not one pattern of magic, but many. Fire, ice, and poison – poison! His sensorlids closed with a sudden clack, and the world returned to it’s normal (but still very pink) form. “The archer, his arrows are poison.” Marcus said in a concerned tone. He glanced around; there was nobody to listen. Everyone had leapt into action, and he was nearly alone by the far side of the barricade. He considered yelling, but the idea of being too loud and potentially distracting the fellow Pages… Despite the dire circumstances, Marcus couldn’t bring himself to yell. He turned back towards Nirian; he could go back to her, tell her of the enchanted weapons, and then she could handle dispersing the information to the others. Yes, that would smart, keep him out of the way of the others, and – and yet…

arcus felt himself leap over the barricades, landing on the ground with a loud clunk. He knew that letting a poisoned bolt hit any of the humans or orcs or Lady Lindenhall would be very bad. So he had to act, now. Marcus felt like he was somehow floating above his own body, watching it move in third person. Thoughts raced through his circuits. Would the archer’s poison affect his body? Probably not. Therefore, he should attack head on. No. That was a foolish plan; if he got lured too far away from the other Pages, he could be surrounded by reinforcements, and destroyed without hope of rescue. He should stay at a distance. Did he even need to destroy the skeleton? As long as he could keep it from firing, bind it somehow, he could protect the others...

He pushed around the edge of the melee, walking at a quick and deliberate pace towards the skeletal crossbowman. Marcus’ thoughts whirled into a circle of contradictions – attack the crossbowman, but keep at a distance, but somehow keep him from firing at the others – and he reached inside himself for some kind of weapon or tactic or tool that would-



Marcus felt stored solar energy release from inside his body. A pure white, coiled chain appeared around his right arm. Marcus stopped his pace, and stared at it dumbly. Oh; this would be perfect!

quote:

09:46 Scrree Gonna roll then write
09:46 Scrree Marcus Directly Engages the Skeleton Archer!
09:46 Yamifenrir They're a group of skeletons, so you can - but you can only take away one ability at a time
09:46 Scrree !r 2d6+1
09:46 Krysmbot Scrree, 10+1 = 11
09:46 Scrree !!!
Directly Engaging the Skeletal Champs! On a 10+, choosing to Take The Dark and Poisonous Crossbow Away from Them, and Resist or Avoid Their Blows!

The sound of a loud thwack made Marcus look back towards his target. The skeletal crossbowman had taken note of the robotic Page’s advance, and fired bolt directly at Marcus’ chest! Instinctively, Marcus moved his right arm over his heart, and – the bolt glanced harmlessly off the solar chains, into the ground. The dark magic sizzled into nothingness like water in a hot pan. The poison found no purchase on his metallic skin.

“Now, it’s my turn!” Marcus said. Er, yelled. Quite loudly. He was almost embarrassingly excited. He flung his right arm upwards, the chain uncinching and following the path of his hand upwards. Five, no, ten meters in the air. A white snake, trying to eat the sun. For a fraction of a second, when momentum and gravity equaled out perfectly, it hovered serenely in the air.

Marcus stepped forward and threw his whole body downwards, towards the skeletal crossbowman. The chain viciously whipped out of the sky. Slamming into the undead archer’s shoulder, and then coiling around it’s upper body several times. Marcus stepped back, pulled the chain taut and felt it cinch tight with incredible force. Even from the distance, he could hear the sound of bone chipping. Marcus had the crossbowman locked down, but couldn’t he do more? Feeling empowered, his glanced around the battlefield. Ah! There, Lady Lindenhall, facing down a robed skeleton. Almost too far away, but if he just took one big lunge forward…

Marcus’ left hand grasped the chain emerging from his right, and he yanked the captured skeleton sideways – into the air. Stretching as far as he could, Marcus swung his makeshift ball and chain hard.

The skeleton mage facing Lady Fury is surprised as the extended foot of another skeleton, chained up and being swung around as a weapon, strikes the back of it’s head. The skull spins in a full 360° before coming to a stop and magically reuniting with the mage’s body. Marcus curses, nothing more than a glancing blow! Still, if the mage had a spell on it’s lips(?) then it was at very least interrupted.

Burning a point of Team to raise Lady Fury’s roll from a 9 to a 10! Marcus looks out for his Role Model!

Marcus felt an odd hitch in his battery, and the light chain began to grow dimmer. Intuitively realizing that he had little time remaining, Marcus let the skeleton archer swing behind him before spiking it upwards and forwards, hard. As the chain diffused into insubstantial light, the skeleton flew forwards uncontrollably, landing on the ground in a rolling clatter. Something fell directly next to Marcus. Oh! The Crossbow! The Skeleton had let go of it in the air!

Feeling somewhat drained, but incredibly exhilarated, Marcus picks up the magical weapon, “This is poison! Be careful of it’s bolts!” He yells out to the other Pages. “Well, I have it now. So... it’s okay!” He corrects himself sheepishly.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




Freak: -1 | Danger: -1 | Savior: +3 | Superior: +0 | Mundane: +2
Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: Afraid | Location: Sharville Containment Area

I struggle against the pull of the vine whip, my hands scrabbling fruitlessly for my spear. All I manage to accomplish is knocking it further away. Ahead lies certain death, further ahead lies a legion of archers. It may be that this is all I can do. It may be that this is how I meet my end. It's frankly more than a little terrifying. Am I doomed to be yet another set of bones assaulting this underground citadel? I can fight boars and bandits with the best of them, but these skeletons are overwhelming me with their strange magics and countless numbers.

Of course, my comrades don't seem to share in my morbid musings. They strike furiously and with great skill. Ghorza shields me from the rain of arrows — a truly impressive feat given the numbers of the archers — and Red Errant... Well, her words strike home. What am I doing? Am I not a Page like them? How can I resign myself so easily? From the sounds of chaos around me, I can tell that she's likely charged into the thick of things — and a scant moment later the vine loosens. Likely her work. I waste no time, scrambling up to my feet and sweeping up my spear on the way. I have but moments to act before the skeletons press back upon us. The space that Ghorza and I bought with our efforts is rapidly shrinking. She's a bit off-balance from the swing that blocked all those arrows. I can see skeletons approaching from her blind spot. If I don't do something...

My eyes narrow with determination. Perhaps I am not the hardiest fighter or the greatest tactical mind of our band, but even so... I will not let them down. I spin my spear, bringing the reinforced butt sweeping across the closest rank of skeletons. They sprawl backwards. Perhaps I'm doing them no lasting harm, but neither will they harm my friends! My spear is a blur, my hands steady. I lose myself in the beauty of the dance for a moment. There is no room for fear, for hesitation. I am Vane Drake, of the Dutchy of Sommerlund. I am the 'Ranseur of Sommerlund'!

I sweep my spear back to a ready stance. The coast is clear for the moment and I take the opportunity to shout out, "My thanks, comrades! Stand strong! We shall weather this storm together!" In a lower tone, I add, "Truly, Lady Ghorza. I owe you my life."

quote:

11:29 AM <Tricky> Vane defends Ghorza from the skeletons surrounding them!
11:29 AM <Tricky> !r 2d6+4
11:29 AM <Krysmbot> Tricky, 8+4 = 12

Clearing Afraid!

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004




Freak +2 | Danger +2 | Saviour -1 | Superior +0 | Mundane +0
Potential:
1 | Conditions: None | Location: Sharville Containment Area


What separated Matakite from the rest of her allies was that she was not in the least bit grandiose. She didn't need to grandstand and show off to friends or enemies. No flashy sword strokes to disarm a simple skeleton. No conjuring up ancient powers to blast through the undead hoard. Matakite was a simple lass. She just keeps swinging her patu. Smashing a ribcage here, destroying a spinal column there, collapsing more than one skull. She smashes through one skeleton. And another. And another. She crashes through her enemy again and again and again, utterly relentless. And even the undead can see the cold, unyielding fury in her eye. It was a sight that frightened them to their bones.

• resist or avoid their blows + • impress, surprise, or frighten the opposition

quote:

[11:05am] Robodog: punch a skellytone
[11:06am] Atlatl: punch all of them
[11:06am] Atlatl: instead
[11:06am] Robodog: !roll 2d6+2
[11:06am] Krysmbot: Robodog, 8+2 = 10
[11:06am] Atlatl: nailed it
[11:06am] Robodog: i think 10 lets me punch all of them

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?


Freak: +0 | Danger: -1 | Savior: +2 | Superior: +0 | Mundane: +2
Potential: 3/5 | Conditions: Insecure | Location: Sharville

And not long after I say that to Matakite, I feel the back of my helmet get impacted from something quite heavy. Dazed, my head starts to ring, and it’s with more luck than skill that I dodge out of the way from the follow-up strike. How careless of me! To criticize Red Errant for letting her guard down in the midst of battle, and then doing much the same in the next engagement… I had much to learn too, it seemed.

quote:

[15:29] <TheFireMagi> Sentinel takes a Powerful Blow (-1)
[15:29] <TheFireMagi> !r 2d6
[15:29] <Krysmbot> TheFireMagi, 7 = 7
[/i]Giving ground and the [b]skeletons gain an opportunity![/i]

Discussed in IRC, turns out I shouldn’t have taken that Powerful Blow actually, so it doesn’t apply! Sentinel still gets a massive headache though.

Even in my addled mind, I still have enough sense to watch as Vane is dragged away by some sort of vine. Concern rises within me, but there’s no time for me to assist, what with Matakite and I having our own set of problems. Besides, Red Errant and Ghorza seem to have handled the situation well enough by themselves. And here I was, having trouble because of one, little blow to head. No, this would not do. Not at all. Smashing an armored heel into the floor, I grit my teeth and force my way through the pain. Following after Matakite’s path of destruction, I cover her back without turning, trusting her to handle her side from the front.

quote:

[17:38] <TheFireMagi> Sentinel Smacks some Skeletons with Savior! (Direct Engage)
[17:38] <TheFireMagi> !r 2d6+2
[17:38] <Krysmbot> TheFireMagi, 7+2 = 9
Creating an opportunity for my allies!

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?

Marcus

As you turn around, you realize that you can't see Nirian anywhere. It appears she has walked off somewhere. Oh dear.

However, you got no time to worry about that, as you charge forward and take out one, if not the biggest threat outside of the mage. The crossbow feels strange in your hand, almost as if it's trying to bite magical fangs into you and refusing to let go - however it seems it also is unable to actually do whatever strange thing it is trying to do, and stops. Could it be that this weapon was cursed, and your non-human body makes you immune to that? interesting.

And on top of that, your assistance greatly helped Lady Fury! It feels nice to be a productive member of this team, doesn't it?


Lady Fury

Yes! It does seem to be working. Your scream seems to be horrifying enough that even the undead cannot help but panic. For a brief moment, you ponder just how un-ladylike that is, but does it really matter in a life-or-death battle?

Anyhow, the mage's acculuminated magical energy starts to go out of control in his hand as you scream at him, and Marcus' assistance just seals the deal - the rock that formed in its hand crumbles to the ground, uselessly.

Note: you had a second option from being teamed - I assumed you will take resist blows, since it's the most sensical thing here.


Red Errant

You feel nothing as you slice and dice that poor skeleton until nearly nothing capable of reanimation is left, and the vine whip lies motionlessly on the ground, your vision turns redder and redder as the bloodlust takes over. Trembling heavily, you can find your body turning towards the nearest living being - Lady Fury.

... If it wasn't for Marcus being in the way, you probably would have struck her down from behind in the second it took you to regain your focus. As it is, neither of them realized your momentary lack of control - but the ones behind you might have...


Ghorza

Crud! While you were busy defending Vane, the skeleton with the frost dagger charges you with surprising speed, and uses the opportunity to stab you in the side! But that's not even the worst of it -

No, wait, just in time, Vane shoves you out of the way.


Vane

That was too close. Ghorza nearly took a direct hit by that enchanted dagger, that feels terribly cold to just look at, as if it was trying to freeze your vision solid.

And it's all because you screwed up. While you repaid the favor, it still leaves an incredibly sour feeling in your heart.


Matakite

Sometimes, keeping it simple really is best. No fancy enchantments, no bullshit magic, and yet you and Sentinel managed to keep up with the other side, which literally called upon the very heavens to dispel those skeletons for them. You can't help but feel smug about that. Maybe you should teach them how to fight sometime?

You get influence on Sentinel, as per his prompt! Change his labels as per how Matakite sees Sentinel.

Sentinel

The more you fight alongside Matakite, the more you just feel inferior. I mean, look at her! She's destroyed nearly double the skeletons you have, and she did that with a freaking CLUB. Meanwhile, you, in your amazing gear, weren't able to keep up. Maybe the naysayers actually were right, and it really is the equipment that makes the Sentinel. But, not all hope is lost - all you need to do is ask Matakite to teach you to fight as she does.

Matakite takes influence on you! Because she already has it, she gets to shift your labels.

Note: because the skeletons are dead, I took some liberty and changed your option to "resist blows" since opportunities against dead people are kinda pointless.


Gateway

Thats it! The heavenly realms respond to your call, easier than usual - perhaps they were downright eager to destroy these undead, who knows. However, the end result is that not a single piece of the skeletons you targeted remains, they are completely and utterly gone.


Everyone

Both groups of the skeleton hordes have been defeated! Only two of the champions remain - one with a flaming scimitar, and one with a -- Wait, where did the other one go? Is it using rogue skills? That... can't be good.

And it gets worse. The rest of the mages have arrived! Before you stand four skeletons clothed in robes. Color coded as they are, you realize it's one of each primary element - Fire, Water, Wind, and the Earth Mage you already saw. Without further ado, they begin casting their terrible magic - and immediately, it's effects become apparent. A storm-like gust of wind blasts Red Errant and Lady Fury back, and Red Errant crashes into Marcus! Lady Fury fares slightly better, merely being thrown onto the ground.

Marcus, take a powerful blow.

The second engulfs Lady Fury in a circle of flame! While it doesn't damage her directly, it trapped her inside, leaving her barely able to shift a muscle without burning herself, and those wings are very, very flammable...

The third points into the middle of you, but... nothing happens? No, wait, that's Gateway it targeted! A rapidly spreading mass of frost engulfs her legs, and within the second it appeared, it already froze them solid enough to prevent any movement, and it only creeps on upwards...

The fourth summons a large golem of rock! Towering over every single participant in this fight here, it charges forward, seemingly unhindered by the wall of wind from before. With very, very large steps, it charges toward Ghorza and Vane!

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at Apr 25, 2017 around 16:11

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.



Freak: +1 | Danger: +2 | Savior: -1 | Superior: +1 | Mundane: +0
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: N/A | Location: Some creepy old robot city underground.

Lilly stood. Horrified. Sweat pouring down her face and back as she struggled with Pater's bloodlust. Gods! She'd been so close to loosing control! She grit her teeth and slammed the sword into the ground. Breathing heavily. poo poo, this wasn't doing her rep much good.

She was still struggling to breath. When the mages came. poo poo! poo poo poo poo poo poo! Terror gripped her for a moment, if she raised the sword she could hurt her friends! Her team!

Ugh! Focus Lilly! You spineless wench! Get your poo poo together! You don't ha- AHHHHH!

...

I mannage to focus again just in time to feel myself getting picked up like a rag doll and hurled into Marcus! My armour stood firm, but I'd left Pater behind stuck in the ground. At least that helped me get back in control.

"Wow... You alright Markus. Sorry, probably not quite what people are thinking, when they say the ladies are throwing themselves at you, eh?" Ohh god, that joke was terrible! gently caress! Just roll with it.

I pull myself to my feet, Markus too. I'd forgotten how much harder it was to do things without Pater powering me up. I reach out my hand, and he flies to it.Slamming into my palm. Comfortable and familiar. I feel his strength running through me again. Ahh yeah! Feels SO loving GOOD! I throw the vine whip Vane's way. I've got no use for it. "Here Vane, see what you can do with this. I'm going to see How tough their monster really is"

"Sentinel! I'll take the Golum out. You guys... Uhhh, do what it is you do!" I say, trying to sound confident and cool. But I've not. Been paying too much attention to the others. I rush forwards to try and get stompy's attention. He better be watching me!

"HEY! MUD FACE! EAT SWORD!" I yell as I try to draw it away from the others... By jumping up and stabbing it in the face. That tends to get their attention. I drop down onto enemy lines. At least that way it's going to start swinging at the team while trying to hit me.

- - -

11:04 pm <ArashiOfOrdo3> Red Errant is going to directly engage the golum. + impressing Sentinel.
11:05 pm <Krysmbot> ArashiOfOrdo3, 7+3 = 10
- Taking something from the Golum - It's aggro. Getting all it's attention on me
- Avoiding blows.

Arashiofordo3 fucked around with this message at Apr 26, 2017 around 22:11

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




Freak: -1 | Danger: -1 | Savior: +3 | Superior: +0 | Mundane: +2
Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: None! | Location: Sharville Containment Area
Temporary Equipment: Plant Whip (used)

Though I have managed to save Lady Ghorza once more, the feat is bitter-sweet. It is my fault that she had found herself open. The matter of the mages and the golem causes my heart to sink further. I am confident in my spear, yes, but how could I face that rock monstrosity? Of course, no such hesitation stayed the blade of Red Errant. She threw me an odd, green loop. It takes but a moment to realize that it must be the object which had stolen my footing previously. I call back, "So I will! Many thanks, Red Errant!" She engages the golem and that provides enough time to examine the magical item.

I grab the handle and give the whip an experimental crack. Ah! It seems that with the proper form, the thorns flare out. Mayhaps they'll be sharp enough to score the hide of the golem. I crack the whip towards the golem and send it raking across the construct's back time and again. The thorns are leaving deep grooves and gashes behind, so it seems that this may be an effective method of attack! The reach of the whip is even leaving me clear of the golem's swinging limbs and free to keep an eye out for that skeleton with the dagger of ice.

quote:

2:34 PM <Tricky> Vane uses his bag of tricks to Directly Engage the Golem!
2:34 PM <Tricky> !r 2d6+2
2:34 PM <Krysmbot> Tricky, 5+2 = 7

Avoiding blows by cleverly keeping his distance!

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004




Freak +2 | Danger +2 | Saviour -1 | Superior +0 | Mundane +0
Potential:
1 | Conditions: None | Location: Sharville Containment Area


As bad as her captain was, he had a simple theory that kept him safe for many years on the seas. You can't lose if the other ship is sunk first. Matakite had taken that to heart, crippling skeletons and smashing bones before they even had a chance to grab at her. Somewhere out there, lost amongst the seas, her tribe would be feeling proud of their seeress defeating a foe without mercy. And probably her comrades here would be glad that she has thinned out the skeleton hoard to a mere handful.

When there is nothing else to hit, Matakite stops and breathes deep.

"Dinnae know I missed a good fight so much." She smirks to herself, unable to not show some pride in the destruction left behind her. Along with Sentinel, who didn't seem to have had as much luck in the destruction stakes as she had. Perhaps it was just a case of too much bravado, and not enough action to back it all up. But there wasn't time to dissect battle techniques here, as more skeletons walk up and begin to harass the others.

"Sentinel!" Matakite slaps his shoulder with her patu. "We need t' hit the magi!"

Changes for Sentinel!!! -Superior and +Mundane. And going to charge in and hit the closest water/ice mage skelly e: *Resist or avoid their blows / *Create an opportunity for your allies (to break out of the magic)

quote:

Robodog: direct attack thing on a magic bone
[12:06pm] Robodog: !roll 2d6+2
[12:06pm] Krysmbot: Robodog, 9+2 = 11
[12:07pm] Robodog: matakite is stronk

Robodog fucked around with this message at Apr 28, 2017 around 02:14

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 4, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!



Freak +2 | Danger +2 | Savior -1 | Superior +0 | Mundane +0
Potential:
1/5 | Conditions: None, +1 on next roll involving Sebastian | Location: Sharville Containment Area


"Marcus! Lilly!" Fire bursts out of Gateway's palm as she draws it around herself carefully in an arc before snapping free of the Earth, though she leaves a boot behind. The other gate shrunk, but she'd at least practiced at maintaining two at once... just don't cross the streams, so to speak. Getting her balance, she looks out. The golem was engaged, the water one had company, but... that left fire or... well, between a threat and harm, it was time to focus on harm.

Looking over at the wind-throwing skeleton, she reaches out and "pulls" at an invisible cord, pulling the heavenly gate to her hands where she gestures, trying to compress the spark before then focusing it into her hands like a pinprick, an choral song lancing out at the skeleton in a bleaching line of light. "Be! Polite!... in the next life maybe...", she says in a half-bravado, trying to maintain the beam on the undead horror.

Directly engaging the Windzard / Cloud Lich / wh'ev with an 8 (2d6 + 2), and taking Impress, Surprise, or Frighten Opposition.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

Four Brain Food Lunches and a Coke. ...and some dry white toast.




Freak: +3 | Danger: +2 | Savior: +1 | Superior: -1 | Mundane: -2
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: None
Location: Sharville Containment Zone, in a Burning Ring of Fire

I reflexively pull my wings in tight against my body, trying to stay as still and compact as I can as the flames roll in. If I just keep myself safe, this should pass, shouldn't it? I can wait it out --

No, I realize, I can't wait it out, not while there's a battle raging all around me! It's counterintuitive, and maybe dangerous, but the solution isn't in keeping myself away from the fire; it's forcing myself into action, to escape it even at the risk of burns. There's a clear opening above me, and if I leap for it, I think I can probably clear the top of the flames and get back into safety. (Well, not safety, really, but a part of the fight where I can be effective. Naturally.)

I give myself three moments to think it through, and then I act. I crouch low, keeping my body narrow and vertically-aligned, gathering strength in my legs -- and then I leap for it, giving it everything I have for a single burst of clean motion that can evade the flames. I can barely even keep my eyes open, but it's only a single, terrifying half-second before I realize I've done it, that I've launched myself above the fire vortex. I let my wings unfurl, softening and guiding my descent, back into the fray. It may take me another moment to get my bearings, but as long as I'm free...

Using Inhuman Might and semi-functional wings here:
Unleash Powers to evade the flames: 2d6+3 15

Scrree
Jan 15, 2008

WHEN ONE STRIKES THY NEIGHBOR THEY STRIKE THEMSELVES.
WHEN ONE FEEDS THY NEIGHBOR THEY FEED THEMSELVES.
THERE IS NO OTHER.



Freak: +2 | Danger: +1 | Saviour: -1 | Superior: +3 | Mundane: -2
Potential: 2/5 | Conditions: N/A, Holding +1 Forward on (Droid Dissection, or Defending Nirian) | Location: Battlefield; The Thick of It!

As the winds picked up to a vicious roar, Marcus held himself surprisingly firmly. Slightly crouched, one hand on the dirt, the other on the (cursed?) crossbow, he felt his metal form anchor itself to the ground. Then Red Errant’s armored backside slammed into his face.

He tumbled ungracefully backwards. The impact jarred the makeshift repair Nirian had put in place, for a moment, his vision completely failed –

quote:

07:05 Scrree Marcus Takes a Powerful Blow!
07:05 Scrree !r 2d6-1
07:05 Krysmbot Scrree, 6-1 = 5
07:05 Scrree yaaaaay!
Marking Potential!

But the moment passed quickly. In a blink of light, the world (still smeared in pink) returned. Marcus picked himself up, circuits rattling faintly in his head, “I am fine.” He replied to Red Errant, “I have not heard that I should expect ladies to be thrown at me.” His concern was genuine, “Did Nirian warn you of this? Do you know who will be thrown next, so I might catch – ah.” There she went, attacking and taunting the giant earthen golem. He’d have to question Red Errant on how to catch thrown ladies another time.

All around Marcus, his fellow Pages attacked the undead with an incredible ferocity. It was inspiring, and Marcus had to resist the urge to get swept away in the tide of the battle. What held him back was a tingling worry at the back of his mind – where was Nirian? If she wasn’t behind the barricades, she could be… anywhere. So it was important to make sure they won the fight that their victory was complete. No loose ends.

Marcus looked towards the last place he’d seen the rogue-skeleton, “Hello!? Are you still around?” Marcus yelled, because that’s what you do what you look for someone. There was no response. After a few seconds of futile searching, Marcus held out his free hand, and --

quote:

07:42 Scrree Marcus Unleashs His Powers of Light in Order To Reveal the Hidden Skeleinton!
07:42 Scrree !r 2d6+2
07:42 Krysmbot Scrree, 5+2 = 7
Unleashing Solid Light Projections to find the Rogue!

a diffuse beam of light began to emit from his palm. Oh, perfect! He flashed it across the dark corners of the battlefield. With this, there was no way the Rogue could stay hidden for long!

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?


Freak: +0 | Danger: -1 | Savior: +2 | Superior: -1 | Mundane: +3
Potential:3/5 | Conditions: Insecure | Location: Sharville

With a nod to Red Errant, I return to her a quick shout of,

“Very well, but do watch yourself out there!”

Entrusting the golem to her and Vane, who rises to his feet with vine in hand, I glance around the battlefield as I begin to plan for my next move. Should I assist one of the others? If so, who? Or should I throw myself directly towards the line of fire, and hope to draw their attention? Indecisive, I find myself grinning at Matakite from behind my helmet as she slaps my shoulder, her blunt words ever a reassurance. Yes, no reason to overthink it. Simple was best, after all.

“As you say. I’ll leave the one freezing Gateway over to you then.”

Watching Matakite rush off, I turn just in time to see Lady Fury soar over the ring of flames surrounding her. Quite the daring feat, I thought to myself, as even an inch closer and those wings of hers might have been burned. Were I in her position, would I have the resolve to risk such injury…? My heart said yes, and yet I couldn’t help but wonder for a moment. But the moment passed, and I ran to her side.

“Excellent work in escaping those flames, Lady Fury. If you would, allow me to assist you in returning the favor.”

With one final glance over to ensure there were no injuries, I charge towards the caster of flames, intending to keep him off his balance so that my allies might strike his flank.

quote:

[11:00] <TheFireMagi> Sentinel goes to Lady Fury's aid, and Directly Engages the Fire Mage!
[11:00] <TheFireMagi> !r 2d6+2
[11:00] <Krysmbot> TheFireMagi, 8+2 = 10
Resisting blows and creating an opportunity!

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006




Freak: +2 | Danger: -2 | Saviour: +0 | Superior: +3 | Mundane: +0
Potential: 2/5 | Conditions: N/A | Location: Sharville Containment Area

I choose to stay behind this time as the rest of my allies engage in combat with the mages. We might be doing well for now, but there's no telling what tricks these skeleton mages hold. We need to end this battle quickly, before things intensify even more. I stay behind Vane as he uses the vine whip to keep the golem away, and take this time to carefully study the battlefield, and try to form a strategy in my head.

Orks aren't usually known for their strategic thinking, but as we have established, time and time again, I am no normal ork.

quote:

@Hugzilla: 2d6+3 Ghorza's assessing the situation! = (1+5)+3 = 9

Asking: • how could we best end this quickly?

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?

Earth Mage: Afraid
Golem: Angry, Angry!
Fire Wizard: Angry
Wind Mage: Insecure

Matakite

It's a really good idea that you just charged the mages - you suddenly get a REALLY bad feeling about staying in the area between the barricade and the mages. Either end seems to be fine though...

Due to your prescience, you get to choose which end of the fight you're at! This is important, because...


Marcus

Your beam of light is fruitless for irritatingly long - but you finally notice a shadow...

Oh no! It's RIGHT behind Gateway, and she doesn't notice it at all! As you rush to her aid, you pay no head as all hell breaks loose behind you...


Red Errant

You most certainly got it's attention! Unfortunately, you weren't quite ready to receive quite that much attention. With an inhuman roar, the stone monster charges you, grabs you in a crushing vice grip, and smashes you at every surface it can find. First, the wall to your left, then the floor in front of the mages.

The floor doesn't nearly hold together as well. As you get smashed into the floor, it gives in, dangling you over an omnious, black darkness. From the shock of the impact, you lose your grip on Pater, and it falls into the darkness below. Wouldn't have been much of an issue, but the golem isn't letting up, and you simply cannot concentrate for long enough to bring him back to you. Seeing Gateway, who has caused one of its masters so much trouble, it charges towards it, but your squirming brings its attention back to you, and it responds once again by smashing you into the floor with inhuman might.

This time, the floor had enough and caves in under the golem with an unholy metal screech. Unfortunately, it isn't letting go of you...

Mark Afraid.


Gateway

Unable to take your eyes off the downright brutal beating Red Errant just took right in front of you, you completely miss what's going on behind you. Marcus has come to your aid in a panicked sprint, but he was simply too late. A muted shink is all you hear as you suddenly feel a very warm feeling in your back - and a lot of pain.

it takes you a moment to realize you've just been stabbed. However, you can't even get your head turned around to see your assailant, as the warm feeling suddenly turns incredibly cold, and within the span of a second, you are completely engulfed in a block of ice. You are frozen solid, and can't move a muscle.

Take a powerful blow! (without the barricade bonus) Also, you are frozen solid - however, your brain and vision still works, and you can still take actions that do not require movement. It's up to someone else to thaw you or cut you out of the ice, however.


Lord Vane

Keeping your distance was a very, very good idea. Right now, you stand roughly half a meter away from a gaping hole, roughly spanning ten meters, seperating you from the skeleton mages, and the people fighting the former. Any closer and you would have joined Red Errant in the abyss below.

A hole of roughly the same size similarily seperates you from Marcus and Gateway. (And Matakite if she chooses to be there)


Ghorza

Once the shock from the carnage that just transpired fades, you quickly realize that you are in a race against time. With their now incredibly advantageous position, the mages will bombard you into oblivion if you do not bumrush them. There is simply no time to help Gateway, who just got stabbed. Marcus simply has to be enough to save her.

Take +1 to any action that involves dealing with the skeleton mages as soon as possible.


Lady Fury

Oh god! This... this is bad. Incredibly bad. You, Vane, and Ghorza are stuck in what's essentially an island hanging precariously above a gaping abyss. What's worse, on one side is Gateway, frozen solid and freshly stabbed, with only Marcus to help her.

On the other side? Four skeletal mages, and Sentinel is ALONE with them (Unless Matakite chose to remain there). If they focus their magic on him (or Matakite) all at once, their chances of survival are nearly zero.

And below you is Red Errant. Is she even still alive? If so, you're probably the only one who can get down there She's going to need help, if she is still alive- but going down there is an one way trip, and it may not be for naught.

However, even THAT is not the end of it. The platform and the others are stuck one is quite audibly unhappy over losing its supports. You can only reasonably lift one person and still jump and glide over those holes. Rapidly, you realize that you are the only one who can save the day. However, the way things are going now, you WILL need to leave someone to their fate...

The choice is yours, and yours alone.


Sentinel

Oh heavens no! This situation just went from manageable to incredibly bad. Gateway's gotstabbed, Red Errant got knocked into the abyss... And you're stuck with four incredibly powerful mages! A sense of true terror washes over you as your mind goes crazy imagining the many, many ways these four skeletons can kill you.

However, right now, they are standing still, and from how close you are, you can tell that the glowing dots inside their eye sockets are tilted slightly downward. Are they... stunned by the sheer carnage the golem just wrought? What do you make of such a... eerily human reaction?

Or, more importantly, what do you do do in this short reprieve?

-----

Red Errant


You fall further and further into the darkness below, seemingly for minutes. As you do, your mental connection to Pater gets weaker and weaker, and the Golem's grip feels ever so closer to crushing you completely every second. However, something stops hard the fall, and seems to have temporarily stunned the golem, releasing its grip as the two of you slide even further down As you gasp for air, you suddenly hit something hard, and your mind goes black...

An unknown time later, you wake up again. Looking around, you realize the area you are in is illuminated by flickering lights. Which is nice, because you'd be in total darkness otherwise - perhaps these things turned on due to your presence?

However, you also realize something else. Looking at your shoulder, you see something blue.

Blue, like your dress. Your armor is gone. Lying shattered below you is your armor, scattered not unlike breadcrumbs. It absorbed the impact for you, allowing you to survive this extreme fall, but... the fact that it hasn't reformed is very, very bothersome.

Instinctively, you try to call Pater to you - but there is little but a sad little mental ping in the distance. It seems like Pater used up a lot of his power saving your life, and can't return to you at the moment - given the momentum, the blade is also likely embedded somwhere, making it even harder for him.

Perhaps even more bothersome, you realize that the golem seems to have fallen somewhere else, and while that's a momentary plus, you have no idea where, and you are in no shape to survive a close encounter. There's only one way out of this mess - you need to regroup with Pater.

In your current state, you cannot directly engage the golem - it's simply far too powerful for an ordinary village girl to beat.

What do you do? Pater is somewhere above you, and quite a distance away - you're going to need to find a way through this labyrinthine complex. Your options are the following:

Walk around, looking for a path. Relatively risk free, and given the golem's loud foodsteps, the easiest way to avoid it. However, finding a way up is going to take a long time.

Try to climb up a pillar or similarly climbable object. It's risky - there is, of course, always the risk of falling. Especially in a place as old as this, and as poorly lit, you cannot be certain of what is stable to climb and what not. If you're especially unlikely, the noise created if something breaks may even attract the golem.

Use an elevator. Most likely the riskiest way - the golem will almost certainly notice the noise it will make - It is the fastest path, but you risk having to race the golem to Pater, and it's not exactly a fair race.

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at May 3, 2017 around 00:15

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006




Freak: +2 | Danger: -2 | Saviour: +0 | Superior: +3 | Mundane: +0
Potential: 2/5 | Conditions: N/A | Location: Sharville Containment Area

To say things are going bad would be a gross understatement.

Red Errant has fallen into the abyss below with the golem. Gateway... Oh Gods, Gateway has been stabbed and turned into a block of ice, Sentinel is surrounded by the mages, and to make matters worse, Vane and I are seperated from our friends by the giant chasm. When did things go so horribly wrong? Is it because I was too slow with my assessment? Did I make an error in my judgement somewhere...?

...No, I shouldn't worry about that now. I need to concentrate on what is happening in front of me, and believe in the people I consider my friends. I will have to believe that Marcus is able to save Signy, and that Red Errant is strong enough to survive the fall. As for Sentinel, one of us needs to go help him, and I think I know how to at least get Vane over the pit. It's risky, but it might work.

"Vane," I give my friend a serious look, "I can get you over the pit, but I need you to trust me. Are you willing to put your faith in me, my friend?"

Once he gives me his answer, a warm smile crosses my face, "I am glad you trust me, Vane. Now," I grab Vane, and lift him over my head, "Off you go!" And I, using all my ork strength, toss him, straight over the chasm. I only hope I didn't throw him too hard.

Oh, well. I'm sure he'll be fine.

quote:

@Hugzilla: 2d6+3 Ghorza is going to FASTBALL SPECIAL Vane over the pit! (+1 from influence) = (2+5)+3 = 10

Using custom rules for this one.
When you pick someone up and throw them with super-human strength, roll +Freak.
On a 10+, choose up to three. On a 7-9, choose one:
 They land safely on their feet.
 They go exactly where you want them to.
 They crash through something or into someone.
 You can immediately throw a second person after them.
On a 6-, you probably tossed them into the death pit. Great job

Choosing: They land safely, they go exactly where you want them to, and they crash through something or someone (I'll let Vane decide on who!)

Tardzilla fucked around with this message at May 3, 2017 around 01:35

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004




Freak +2 | Danger +2 | Saviour -1 | Superior +0 | Mundane +0
Potential:
1 | Conditions: None | Location: Sharville Containment Area


Matakite moves, part of it to engage the mages, and part of it because her body was screaming at her to get away from where she was just standing. There is no time to call out over the din of battle to warn the others, and soon there is a gaping hole cracked through the middle of the battlefield and Matakite finds herself back-to-back with Sentinel yet again.

"drat it and hells!" She curses, as she finds herself in close-quarters with the magi. There is not even time to assess how the rest of the team were on the other side of the crevasse. "Get that blade ready!" Matakite holds her own patu above her head aggressively. "Hit th' same bag a' bones, an' we bring 'em down one by one!"

Hitting the fire skelly, and resist or avoid their blows!

quote:

SidekickBOT - Today at 10:36 AM
@Robodog: 2d6+2 punch a bone? = (3+4)+2 = 9

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




Freak: -1 | Danger: -1 | Savior: +3 | Superior: +0 | Mundane: +2
Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: None! | Location: Sharville Containment Area
Temporary Equipment: Plant Whip (used)

Gods, no! Red Errant is gone... Nothing could have survived a fall like that, not even a warrior as hardy as her. But this is no time to grieve — as much as I feel I should — for the rest of my comrades are in trouble still. Gateway has been impaled and rendered little more than an ice sculpture! I dare not even think if she too has been lost. The rest seem blessedly unharmed, though Sentinel and Matakite are going to be hard-pressed by the mages if we don't do something to even the odds!

Of course, before I can even think of what might serve to that end, Ghorza's voice snaps me out of my reverie. I look to her, "My trust in you is absolute, Lady Ghorza. What did—" My word. She's lifting me in the air and— "Aaaaaaaaaaaaggggggh!" I hurtle through the air, easily covering the abyss that claimed Red Errant, and with a spin that was certainly more luck than skill I manage to drop-kick the undead that commanded the winds. The creature's bones scatter and spin, though I have no doubt it will be back in the fight soon enough. I hold my spear at the ready, my knuckles still white from the stress of the trip, sweeping the point towards each of the mages in turn. I raise a slightly shaky fist in a salute to Lady Ghorza, then turn to my comrades in arms.

I call out to Sentinel, "Hold steady, Sentinel! We must crush these skeletons with haste! Red Errant—" My voice wavers a moment, then hardens. Now is the time to render hope unto my comrades, though these creatures surpass my strength of arms and the situation seems hopeless. "Red Errant may yet live, but we must rally!"

quote:

SidekickBOT - Today at 7:03 PM
@Tricky: 2d6+3 Vane gives Sentinel a pep-talk! (+1 influence) = (5+6)+3 = 14

Adding some more team! Sentinel gets the usual!

  • Locked thread