Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
  • Post
  • Reply
TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?


Freak: +0 | Danger: -1 | Savior: +2 | Superior: -1 | Mundane: +3
Potential: 4/5 | Conditions: Hopeless | Location: Sharville

Just as quickly as the creature had appeared, just as quickly as it had been vanquished. It was for the best, of course, but even so it still came as a surprise. But Gateway was saved, and not only that, Red Errant and Lady Fury were apparently safe as they suddenly came out from the pit with Marcus and… Lady Nirian not long after? When had she gotten…? Sheathing my sword, I give a sideways glance at the seeress’ words. A chat with the undead? Why? How? And would she be safe- actually, Marcus was there, so she’d likely be fine on that front. Well, that could be put aside for later, I thought. More importantly…

“Red Errant, Lady Fury. Are you two all right? Do you need any assistance? ‘Twas quite the drop-” I pause as I take in the duo clearly, and outside the heat of battle. Lady Fury’s dress was torn, which was a shame. Red Errant was in a dress. Not her armor. Likely broken in the fall, some part of my brain told me. Unfortunate, but it probably saved her life. Still, she was drenched, and looked very much worse for wear.

I chose to ignore the other part of my brain that admired how well she wore the look.

“-Mmph. Would… either of you require a hand? Or, er, a cloak, perhaps? I should have brought one along with me- Blast, I left it back at the camp. Didn’t think I’d need it here. Will certainly teach me to be prepared, haha…”

Awkwardly laughing to end my rambling, I reach a hand out to either of the ladies if they seek it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

Four Brain Food Lunches and a Coke. ...and some dry white toast.




Freak: +3 | Danger: +2 | Savior: +1 | Superior: -1 | Mundane: -2
Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: Insecure (-2 Defend/Reject Influence)
Location: Sharville Containment Zone

"Thank you, but I'm well enough," I say, before looking to Red Errant. If anyone needs support, it's likely her. I've... well, whatever I'm feeling right now, I'm surely in fighting form. I nonetheless take Sentinel's offered hand, with sincere appreciation.

"... What happened up here? It looks like something ghastly. We had a bit of trouble, but nothing on the level that it seems you may have?"

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006




Freak: +2 | Danger: -2 | Saviour: +0 | Superior: +3 | Mundane: +0
Potential: 2/5 | Conditions: Guilty, Insecure| Location: Sharville Containment Area

"Ahhhhh!!!" I desperately hang onto Daisy as we come crashing down. Daisy, despite being hurt and having her wing cut, shields me from most of the impact.

I hear her whimpering. Oh, Gods, she's in pain. A lot of pain, and it's... it's... it's all my fault...

quote:

@Hugzilla: 2d6 Ghorza is taking a Powerful Blow! = (4+5) = 9

Marking Guilty and Insecure

I was reckless. I charged in without thinking, and my friend got hurt because of me. I lean my forehead on hers, and pet her softly, "...I'm sorry. It's my fault this happened to you."

I almost didn't notice Vane walking up to me. When he asks me how bad the wound is, I answer, "...It's bad," unable to hide the sadness in my voice, "She won't be able to fly for a while, and it'll take her some time to recover. If only... if only I wasn't so weak. If only I was stronger, this... this wouldn't of happened to her..."

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006



Whoops! Double posted by accident. Please ignore!

Tardzilla fucked around with this message at May 25, 2017 around 17:29

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?


Freak: +0 | Danger: -1 | Savior: +2 | Superior: -1 | Mundane: +3
Potential: 4/5 | Conditions: Hopeless | Location: Sharville

Helping Lady Fury to her feet, I can offer little more than a shrug at her question. It wasn’t as if I knew much of the specifics myself, after all. Still, I could at least explain the general situation. Probably would help my nerves as well, though it was difficult to say why I was unnerved considering the battle was over…

“Ah, yes, well. I am afraid that I cannot say exactly what happened, as it involved some degree of magic, which falls outside my realm of expertise. But from what I saw and understood… Gateway failed on some sort of spell, and was consumed by an otherworldly bone-like creature as a consequence. We then formed a temporary alliance with the remaining skeletal mages to vanquish the beast, and Vane managed to drag our planecaller back onto solid earth. I confess that I was not expecting such a plan to succeed, but I can’t really complain, now can I?”

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.



Freak: +1 | Danger: +2 | Savior: -1 | Superior: +1 | Mundane: +0
Potential: 4/5 | Conditions: | Location: In the deep dark.

I colour as Sentinel sees me. This isn't how I want to be seen. Looking so weak and battered. I can tell from where his eyes move, he's looking. He's soaking it in. I want him to take me in his arms. But he offers me his hand instead.

It's humiliating. And almost what I wanted. The emotional conflict leaves me looking at his hand, then at him. In the time it takes me to hesitate, Lady Fury has already taken it. I look away. I.... I feel tired.

"I.... could really do with some warmth right now." I look down at my still dripping dress. Suddenly aware at just how little modesty it afforded me at the moment. "Anyone got something I can use to cover up? Otherwise, the boys might go a little gaga.... Hehe....he....." The joke dies in my throat as I shiver. I'm not afraid any more. That has passed. Now I'm freezing. My armour would be perfect for this. Except I've not got enough energy to restore it.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




Freak: -1 | Danger: -1 | Savior: +3 | Superior: +0 | Mundane: +2
Potential: 2/5 | Conditions: None! | Location: Sharville Containment Area
Temporary Equipment: Plant Whip (used)

Vane put his hand on Ghorza's shoulder and, for a moment, said nothing. Far from it being her fault, it had been his mad plan that put her and Daisy in harm's way. All because he was too afraid to act any sooner. His other hand, tentatively, reached out and ran along Daisy's neck. The wyvern's scales were softer than he had expected, in a way, and it seemed she appreciated it. After a moment, he said, "If there's fault to be found here, it was with me. I should have come up with a better plan. You were... You were fantastic. You and Daisy both."

His hand found Ghorza's and he finally met her gaze, "We could not have saved Gateway without your help. If there is anything I can do to help Daisy or..." He paused, his nerve failing a bit. "Or if there is any way I can make my respect and admiration of you more clear, you need but say the word." Her eyes were... beautiful. He had noticed, of course, but to see them so close? It was enough to forget that he was still half-terrified.

quote:

SidekickBOT - Today at 10:21 AM
@Tricky: 2d6+3 Vane comforts Ghorza! = (2+5)+3 = 10

Vane clears Afraid, Ghorza gets the usual if she opens up!

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006




Freak: +2 | Danger: -2 | Saviour: +0 | Superior: +3 | Mundane: +0
Potential: 2/5 | Conditions: None!| Location: Sharville Containment Area


"Ah...!" My heart jumps a little when Vane held my hand. When ours eyes met, I found it... difficult to look away from them. Has Vane... has he always been this incredibly handsome?

I smile a gentle smile, and say, in a soft, quiet voice, "...Do not put yourself down so much, you were fantastic as well. You were the one who dove in, and risked your own life to rescue Gateway. Only someone with a truly brave soul such as yours would have been able to do that," I shyly look away from him, my green cheeks turning bright red, "As for how you can show your appreciation..." I look at him again, my cheeks glowing even brighter, "...There is one way you can show it." I lean in closer to him... and kiss him. I bring my arms around his neck, and nestle a hand in his hair, pushing him even closer. It might be a little too forward, but us orcs have never been known to be subtle about our feelings.

Ghorza is opening up to Vane, so she is removing Guilty!

quote:

@Hugzilla: 2d6+3 Ghorza is going to comfort Vane through SICK ORC MAKE-OUTS = (3+6)+3 = 12

Vane gets the usual, and since I rolled a 10, I'm removing Insecure!

Tardzilla fucked around with this message at May 26, 2017 around 00:01

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




Freak: -1 | Danger: -1 | Savior: +3 | Superior: +0 | Mundane: +2
Potential: 3/5 | Conditions: None! | Location: Sharville Containment Area
Temporary Equipment: Plant Whip (used)

It was fair to say that I was caught off-guard by Ghorza's sudden move, my cheeks blushing brightly as well, but as our bodies press together and we kiss... Any hesitation that might have held me back melts away. My arms find her hips and, for more than a few glorious moments, it seems we are the only people in the world. For all that I've been defined by duty and propriety and my family's honor, I must admit that this feels more true to the man I want to be than any of that. I pull back for a brief breath and manage, "My lady, consider my appreciation very clear." With that, I grin and take the lead.

I don't know how this all will play out if our parents catch wind, but that's a matter for a different time. For now? I'm content to delight in her presence.

Marking potential!

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 4, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!



Freak +2 | Danger +2 | Savior -1 | Superior -1 | Mundane +1
Potential:
1/5 | Conditions: None, +1 on next roll involving Sebastian | Location: Sharville Containment Area


Gateway is too surprised by everything going on to remember something, something... "Oh, hey, Lily!... er, Red... um... Fury! Are you okay?", she says, starting forward towards the returning group as she raises her hand. But something's wrong, she realizes. She then pauses, reaching out to touch her back before her glove comes back with blood on it. "Oh." Her eyes widen as looks at her hand as the pain starts to register with her movement, and she winces profoundly.

She's back in the body that got itself stabbed. "A-ah-Oww.", she mumbles.

Alien Rope Burn fucked around with this message at May 28, 2017 around 06:11

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004




Freak +2 | Danger +2 | Saviour -1 | Superior +0 | Mundane +0
Potential:
2 | Conditions: None | Location: Sharville Containment Area


"Oh yeah, Matakite. Great job there, bashing everything up and not missin' one single step there. Literally couldn't have done nothing if you were there with us. Cheers, mate." Matakite, watching the beaten and bloody group self congratulate themselves, mutters aloud. She just fiddles with her sewn up up and shakes her head. "Work twice as bloody 'ard and get less than bollocks for it. Dinnae know why I bothered leavin' the bloody ship."

Sighing, Matakite wraps the strap of her club back around her belt and turns to the faded body of the monster. Where Gateway still was, saying ow. "Alright there, luv?" She asks, stepping over. "How 'bout we get you bandaged up, eh?" She doesn't really ask since of course bleeding wounds needed to get seen to. She shoves an arm around Gateway and holds her up so she doesn't collapse or anything.

Robodog fucked around with this message at May 26, 2017 around 14:50

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?

Marcus

Nirian gives a mischievous smile in response. "I prepared for some possibilities, that's all." she replies. "Plus, someone had to go and pick up Red Errant right? Like I said, my gift doesn't work with interdimensional interference, so I didn't expect you lot down there."

Her smile turning into a geniune one, she continues as she gives you a pat on your metal head. "Look, I may not be a fighter, but I can take care of myself, okay? Don't worry."

You gain Influence on Nirian!



Matakite

"Aw, how mean! I was pretty busy, you know. You'll thank me later." Nirian replies to you. "Glad SOMEONE in here has some actual priorities, at least.", she quips, dismissingly waving her hand as she continues to face the skeletons.


Red Errant

Well, well! While your situation isn't the best right now, you most certainly noticed one upside! Sentinel's paying a lot more attention to you right now. Hmm... Perhaps you should get out of the armor more?

You gain influence on Sentinel! Since you already have it, you get to shift his labels.


Vane, Ghorza, Gateway, Lady Fury

"Sorry to interrupt you two love birds, but could you please focus? We have wounded here, you know?" Nirian berates the two of you. "You can do all the kissing you want once we're back home."

"I'll explain what I just found out in a bit, but could you please help me out? I can provide a bandaid fix for those wounds, but for proper care you'll have to get back to Sandra." she explains, as she walks through the group. The skeletons seem to simply stand still, having done nothing at all besides... sit down? Huh.

"Lady Fury Vane, please hold up Gateway. This is going to hurt. A lot, and I need her to be relatively still for this." she warns you.

Preparations complete, she begins the process. A short of spectral shade washes over the wound, and the flesh seemingly begins to move to cover up to wound. A moment later, the wound is sealed. Not very prettily, but it's no longer bleeding. Gateway, this roughly feels like having part of your flesh disintegrated and then suddenly reappear. On top of that, it makes you feel sick to your stomach. But hey, it beats bleeding out, right?

"Now, uhm, Ghorza, please do tell Daisy to remain calm. And, uhm, I'd prefer if someone held her DOWN. I'd prefer not to become wyvern food if she reflexibly lashes out."

Patting the wyvern on the head, she goes to work once you decided on who assists. A moment later, the job is done, and Nirian turns to Ghorza. "I've stopped the bleeding, but there is no way that wing can support flying. It'll just tear again. You need to make that absolutely clear to Daisy."


Everyone

Now that things have calmed down and you got a moment to rest, Nirian speaks up again. "Alright, now that this is dealt with... Just how many of you have blindly trusted Sebastian, I wonder?" she asks you, with a frown on her face. "What the skeletons told me pretty much confirmed my suspicions. All these people? They were locked in here by Sebastian, until they starved. Sebastian wants to protect people, but he doesn't even understand the basic needs of humans, and... they all ended up like them." she explains, stretching her hands out to the skeletons, who you just realized are sitting around the remains of the fallen mage. "Unable to ever die due to the vile energies of this place."

As if to underline her statement, the mage you have slain earlier suddenly rebuilds itself, completely without input from the others! Briefly, it gives you an angry look, but the others get his attention, and seeing their reaction, it stops.

"All they ever wanted is to leave this place so they can finally die." Nirian reveals. "Come, let us confront Sebastian and give these poor souls their peace."

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 4, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!



Freak +2 | Danger +2 | Savior -1 | Superior -1 | Mundane +1
Potential:
1/5 | Conditions: None, +1 on next roll involving Sebastian | Location: Sharville Containment Area


The wound had at least been largely plugged by circumstances earlier, but now... without her powers flooding through her, it was it was now. Not a gate, just a wound.

"T-thanks.", she manages as Matakite keeps her standing. She may have been able to stay on her feet through sheer stubbornness and fear of embarrassment, but... this helps, a lot. As Nirian heals the wound, she nghs sharply, before then mumbling, "Thanks t'you too." Rubbing her back, her face turns very pale as she just covers her mouth for a moment, wobbling. But she shakes her head and takes a step, trying to put a brave face forward.

"Oh, I'm sorry.", she says to the skeletons. "We had no idea, but..." She frowns, looking to Nirian. "Wait, if t-they weren't the ones who took ahold of my gate, w-who did? Do they know anything about it?"

Alien Rope Burn fucked around with this message at May 28, 2017 around 06:12

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004




Freak +2 | Danger +2 | Saviour -1 | Superior +0 | Mundane +0
Potential:
2 | Conditions: None | Location: Sharville Containment Area


"Well, you were busy buggering off an' doin' yer nails or somethin', so somebody had to step up." Matakite fires back at Nirian with a very fake smile on her lips.

When the flighty prophetess gets to healing Gateway, Matakite steps aside to let Vane and Lady Fury assist Nirian. Dead helpful, her magic looked. A drat sight more than just seeing the future, thats for sure. She lets the three get to work on keeping Gateway from bleeding out. And when Nirian then asks for a volunteer to hold, Matakite sighs and trudges over to hold the wyvern down. Odds were she was the only one strong enough to keep the best still while Ghorza kept her calm.

"Confront Sebastian?" Matakite questions. "Like, fulfil me vision an' have everything go t'poo poo with being attacked by them metal men again?"

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?

Gateway

"I'm not an expert on this, but it's probably got something to do with the corrupted magic down here. Maybe this is some sort of latent gateway to the realm of the dead or something. Something powerful from there probably wanted to go on a little vacation in our world" she replies, shrugging. "Just guessing, though - you're supposed to be the planar expert here."

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




Freak: -1 | Danger: -1 | Savior: +3 | Superior: +0 | Mundane: +2
Potential: 3/5 | Conditions: None! | Location: Sharville Containment Area
Temporary Equipment: Plant Whip (used)

Reluctantly, I part myself from Ghorza. I don't release her hand, of course, but I suppose the advice to save our mutual show of admiration and respect for each other for a safer time and place is sound enough. Completely unwanted, yes, but sound. And it is true that we have wounded - like the valiant Daisy - to attend to. I join Ghorza in the comforting of Daisy through the process of healing. Remembering how she had appreciated the neck rubs from earlier, I continue with that strategy and it does seem to help matters.

After the healing is complete and I have a chance to listen to the new information imparted by Nirian, I find a curious expression on my face, "That seems... Huh. I cannot argue that these skeletons have proved themselves against that monstrosity and their current behavior is hardly in matching with what Sebastian told us about. And, too... If he sees it as his duty to protect humanity, as misguided as it seems he is, would he not now be tempted to use his remaining forces to marshall any nearby communities into a similar fate?"

If that is the case, I cannot argue that Sebastian needs to be stopped. Yet, if possible, I would rather we solve this matter with words than force of arms. Her words paint the mechanical creature as misguided, not malicious. It should be possible that we could clarify his misunderstandings and see everyone to their desired end. The undead would be free to pass on and the machines to protect and repair their home. Perhaps one day the corruption would fade and we could live in that city of wonder once more.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 4, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!



Freak +2 | Danger +2 | Savior -1 | Superior -1 | Mundane +1
Potential:
1/5 | Conditions: None, +1 on next roll involving Sebastian | Location: Sharville Containment Area


"I d-don't really know as much about the realms of the cold dead... it was supposed to be off-limits, but..." She trails off, wincing a little as she rubs her head, still felling well off-center. Also, she'd told Charon... aw, hells. Guess she'll have to play hooky in the land of the dead sometime.

But there's still more troubles to address, which at least serves as a distraction. "Marcus, I'm sorry, I screwed up again, I hope you're okay.", she says as she walks over towards the automaton. "Thanks for helping out. I was pretty freaked out there,, I couldn't breathe and it hurt so much, and... you really tried to help me out. I know I screwed up, so... sorry again. Honest."

Comforting Marcus is a 7 (2d6 +2), so he can clear a condition, shift labels, or mark potential.

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?


Freak: +0 | Danger: -1 | Savior: +2 | Superior: -1 | Mundane: +3
Potential: 4/5 | Conditions: Hopeless | Location: Sharville

Warmth. Of course. It should have been obvious that Red Errant, Lilly, would need warmth when she was soaked like that. She was probably freezing in that dress. But I didn’t have a spare change of clothes, or even a cloak to give. Nor did I have some sort of flame to help dry her off, offer her comfort in this time of need. Yet surely there must have been something I could do to warm her up? Something… something… ah, there was that!

“Please excuse me.”

Letting go of Lady Fury’s hand, I draw Lilly into an embrace, wrapping my arms around her tight though not so tight she couldn’t escape. It was a maneuver I normally wouldn’t have thought much of previously, yet somehow I couldn’t help but feel somewhat embarrassed. Was it the situation, of being around so many others? Was it the sight of Ghorza and Vane not seconds before? Or was it the recipient? No, no, this is for Lilly’s sake, I thought to myself. Nothing else.

“Sorry to be so forward, Red Errant, but this is all I can do at the moment. Ah, er, feel free to break away if this is too much, of course. I would completely understand. But physical contact is one of the best methods of transferring heat, or so I’ve heard. Right. Physical… contact…” I pause at those words, run them over in my mind. Then, I tense up as an extremely obvious realization hits me. “I’m still in my armor, aren’t I.”

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

Four Brain Food Lunches and a Coke. ...and some dry white toast.




Freak: +3 | Danger: +2 | Savior: +1 | Superior: -1 | Mundane: -2
Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: Insecure (-2 Defend/Reject Influence)
Location: Sharville Containment Zone

I release Sentinel's hand as he pulls Red Errant close, and while I know she needs it -- the warmth, the comfort -- more than I do, there's still something faintly painful in the gesture. My situation has closed that door to me, I know, as much as I might like to pretend that being among the Knights might change that. This just isn't a body anyone holds close, anyone protects, anyone loves.

But this isn't the time for that, is it? There'll be time enough for melancholy back in my quarters. Lady Nirian is here and requesting my help, and I hurry to Gateway's side to offer support, throwing an arm about the girl's waist and... trying to keep it there, offer support and not go closer than that. I can't inflict myself on others. But...

Enough of this. I need to focus. "Right," I say. "As Matakite predicted... and there's no way to get around a fight here? No chance of reasoning with Sebastian? Surely if he's really just misunderstood all this time, something might be done?" But Matakite was never wrong. There would be a fight, and I had better be ready.

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.



Freak: +1 | Danger: +2 | Savior: -1 | Superior: +1 | Mundane: +0
Potential: 4/5 | Conditions: | Location: Back with the Team.

I freeze as Sentinel puts his arms around me. I suddenly feel very hot. Eyes wide. "A-A-A-Ah!" I stammer out. I don't know what to do. Sentinel is hugging me. What do I do? Okay, yes, this is what I wanted, but now it's happening I've no idea what to do! I've never even held hands with a boy! I thought the confidence and strength Pater gave me would help me know what to do. But I've got no idea. And I'm blushing, and he smells so nice, and he's pulling me against him, and he's got such pretty eyes, then says something about physical contact but I'm not totally listening because I feel like steam is rising off of me.

"I'm still in my armour, aren't I?" He says.

Sentinel was going to take off his armour!?! AHHH!!!! W-W-Wait! I-I-I'm not ready! I-I-I mean we've not even held hands yet! I-I-I-It's way to soon t-t-t-t-to be doing something l-l-l-l-like *that*!!! A-A-A-At least wait until we're back home.....! I stare up into his eyes, my face as red as my armour. Waiting for him to pull in closer, for the feeling of his lips on mine. If he kissed me right now, I'd die. I'd die on the spot!!!

//*Lilly, you're letting your imagination get away from you again.*\\

Pater's voice cuts into me. It suddenly dawns on me that he's been listening to my brain going into overdrive.

//*He's offering heat, not his body. Focus girl. Before you make a fool of yourself.*\\

The chiding, thought gentle, bring my thoughts into relief. I misread his intentions. Completely. But I don't want him to let go.

"N-No it's fine.... I-I-I don't mind...." I manage. Gods I sounded so weak. How was I ever going to win his heart if I was being so shy?!

- - -

Shifting Mundane down. - Lilly thinks Sentinel is anything but ordinary.
Shifting Superior up. - For obvious reasons.

Scrree
Jan 15, 2008

WHEN ONE STRIKES THY NEIGHBOR THEY STRIKE THEMSELVES.
WHEN ONE FEEDS THY NEIGHBOR THEY FEED THEMSELVES.
THERE IS NO OTHER.



Freak: +2 | Danger: +1 | Saviour: -1 | Superior: +3 | Mundane: -2
Potential: 4/5 | Conditions: Insecure! , Holding +1 Conditonal on (Droid Dissection, or Defending Nirian) | Location: Looks like everybody's... on the same page!

The place where Nirian's hand touched Marcus was oddly warm. He tilted his head slightly to the side, exposing it more to the wind. As he listened to Nirian's reveal of Sebastian's deficiency, a small part of his mind wondered if the warmth was just some kind of transient illusion.

...

...

Nope, still warm.

And the smile she'd given him! He felt contented by her answer. In fact, he was almost offended at himself for asking the question in the first place. He was just being shortsighted about others again, she was the oracle of the realm, of course she could take care of herself. Although, now that he considered it, she never said where it was she went--

Gateway's approach, and apology, interrupt his thoughts, "Hm? You're sorry for...?" Avangran had told how to properly reply when someone else is apologizing, Marcus followed his mentor's teachings to the word, "I accept your apology." There, with that done, he could focus on figuring out what she was apologizing for. His eyelid's slide half shut in concentration. What had Gateway done wrong? What had happened to Gateway recently? OH! That!?

Marcus began to wave his arms in an X motion, "I take it back! I don't accept your apology. It's not your fault you got stabbed, Gateway!" He pointed at himself, "It's my fault for not protecting you." That's how he felt, true, but when he vocalized those feelings he realized a flaw in them. It's not like Gateway had asked him to protect her; being a Knight meant expecting harm to come to oneself.

"Er, well, that's how I felt, but maybe that's wrong? It's just, seeing you get hurt felt really bad. Really, really bad, so I wanted to take it back, but that wasn't possible." Words tumbled out of Marcus' mouth, he pointed towards the crew of skeletons, "Really, if someone is to blame for you getting stabbed. It's them. Because they stabbed you. But, um, they thought we were trying to lock them in a tomb forever? So..."

He laid his hands flat in front of him, palm up, "It's no one's fault you got stabbed?" Marcus couldn't say those words with confidence, but despite his doubt, they felt true to him.

"And, about the black explosion thing, it's fine. Gateway, I, um, Gateway, you see," Marcus let out a small, affected cough,"Back in Arklan, when Lady Nirian was repairing me, my body shocked her very hard and almost hurt her very badly. I didn't decide for my body to do that, it just happened." Marcus' words take on a more confident tone, "Avangran once told me that every person lashes out when hurt, and, I think I understand that now? I believed him then, but now I know it's true. What happened to you is like what happened with me, it's just, the difference between us is," he struggled for a word, 'you have more... reach."

"Which, I think, is very good. Gateway, I have that skeleton sneaking up on you, and I couldn't do anything. But if you were where I was, and I was where you were -- your reach would let you save me when I couldn't save you. I'm sure of it.

quote:

Scrree - Today at 8:12 PM
/roll 2d6+2 #Marcus Comforts Gateway; summoning death jellies isn't that odd!
SidekickBOT - Today at 8:12 PM
@Scrree: 2d6+2 Marcus Comforts Gateway; summoning death jellies isn't that odd! = (4+6)+2 = 12
Comforting Gateway with Thermodynamic Miracle! Gateway can Mark Potential, Shift Labels, or clear a condition!

Marcus looks Gateway in the eyes. When he had to interact with others, all of his presumptions failed, but maybe that was what learning was? "I don't accept or reject your apology. I don't think you need to apologize. Okay?"

Choosing to Mark Potential from Gateway's Comfort move, and for the +10 of Marcus' Comfort move choosing to Remove Guilty!

Scrree fucked around with this message at May 31, 2017 around 01:02

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006




Freak: +2 | Danger: -2 | Saviour: +0 | Superior: +3 | Mundane: +0
Potential: 2/5 | Conditions: None!| Location: Sharville Containment Area

I grumble a bit when I part from Vane. I would have liked to enjoy this moment for a little while longer, but I suppose there will be more time for that later. I don't let go of his hand, though.

I put my hand on Daisy's forehead, gently petting her, and saying, in a soft voice, "There there, girl. The pain will go away soon, don't worry. Just bear with it for a little while longer." My words seem to calm her down. I thank the Gods that her injury wasn't anymore serious than this.

"Thank you, Matakite," I say, as she holds Daisy down, "You did great during this whole battle. You were almost as fierce, and as brave as an orc! Maybe when we get back, you and I could share a drink together?" I pause, and add, with a smile, "I would say 'it's on me,' except I am still trying to understand how your monetary system works."

quote:

<@177170518145892353>: `2d6+3` Supporting Matakite (+1 from influence) = (4+3)+3 = 10

Matakite gets to mark Potential, shift labels, or clear a condition if she opens up, and I'll choose to add a Team!

"We should avoid further conflict if we can," I say, once Nirian shares her information with us, "What Sebastion did was terrible, but he did not do it out of malice. He seems to genuinely believe that what he was doing was right. Maybe we can talk to him, and make him realize what he's doing is wrong?"

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?

Everyone

Nirian sighs, awfully loudly. "Okay, folks, if you want some advice from an oracle: Maybe you should keep the hugging until AFTER the job's done." she complains. "The Knights are SUPPOSED to be a professional, disciplined unit, you know. Sentinel, I know you nobles are used to doing whatever the hell you want, but things work differently here. Do try to stay focused Here's a suggestion: Delay the niceties until we're back on the surface. Where I have an excuse not to watch it. And Red Errant has a chance to warm up in the sun instead of this freezing hole in the ground."

Turning towards Matakite, she grins. "Well, if two seers have seen it coming, it must be true, right? But you know how this kind of gift works. You abuse it too much, change the future too much, and suddenly everything you foresaw doesn't happen anymore and it's just a giant headache." she notes. "You can try talking to Sebastian if you really want, but be warned: Just because it acts human doesn't mean it IS human. It's logic is likely different than ours."

As the lot of you, skeletons included, make your way back upwards via the elevator you came from, Sebastian already awaits you.

"You have returned! I was so... wait, what is the meaning of this!?" he asks, shocked, as his gaze wanders over the skeletons.

Everyone, what do you do?

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at May 31, 2017 around 15:17

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




Freak: -1 | Danger: -1 | Savior: +3 | Superior: +0 | Mundane: +2
Potential: 3/5 | Conditions: None! | Location: Sharville Containment Area
Temporary Equipment: Plant Whip (used)

I must admit, I am in little mood for Nirian's ongoing... whatever it may be. It is clear she has problems with the nobility. Painfully so. Yet, is she in any position to truly complain? She's done little but wander off on mysterious errands of her own and hide, I am sure, information that would do much to illuminate the true situation. And, too, where is it her place to judge us? We may be pages, yes, and she may be in a leadership role, but... Well. Have we not just survived an incredible tribulation? It seems reasonable enough that some of us may need a method to relieve the stress of that whole affair. From what I've heard of some of my father's war stories, we were showing extreme restraint.

Still, though, I am hardly about to make a scene of it. Whatever she thinks of our professionalism, there is a time and place for the voicing of concerns. A potentially hostile ruin of forgotten magics and other wonders is not that place. And, too, Ghorza's hand against mine is something I am happy to spend the elevator ride focusing upon. It is, to be honest, a little surprising how gentle her grip is for one capable of such incredible feats of strength. Yet, all too soon, the elevator comes to a halt and Sebastian floats there awaiting us.

I look at him, a level expression on my face, and say, "I was hoping you might see fit to reveal that, Sebastian. New information has been brought to light. You've been keeping the undead from leaving and, in fact, you are responsible for their plight. All they wish to do is leave so they can pass on to the next life." Perhaps a simplified explanation, but his reactions will surely be telling.

quote:

SidekickBOT - Today at 8:20 AM
@Tricky: 2d6+2 Vane Pierces Sebastian's Mask = (6+3)+2 = 11

What are you really planning? What do you intend to do? How could I get your character to let the Skeletons go free?

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?

Vane

"Of course I kept them from leaving!" Sebastian replies, the light on his body turning red. "They are undead! Abominations against nature! They could have done untold harm to any surviving surface dwellers!"

Flying closer to you, he continues rebuking you. "Who is to say these monsters are telling the truth? They never spoke to me! What if they simply want to get out, by all means, and cause carnage? Why would you ever trust the undead!?"

He backs off a bit, pointing his levitating form downward. "Unless... yes! That's it! You must have been ensorcelled by vile magic! I am sorry, but you must be detained for your own good!"



Sebastian, being a artifical intelligence, follows its directives - in this case, "protecting" humans - but he only knows how to do that in a military sense, which lead to this mess in the first place.

As for what he intends to do, well, he intends to detain you because he thinks the skeletons used charm magic on you.

And you need to convince him that the skeletons are of no threat to surface dwelling humans in order for him to allow them out, which... is going to be pretty difficult, considering all records he has of them are of them acting like monsters.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

Four Brain Food Lunches and a Coke. ...and some dry white toast.




Freak: +3 | Danger: +2 | Savior: +1 | Superior: -1 | Mundane: -2
Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: Insecure (-2 Defend/Reject Influence)
Location: Sharville Containment Zone

Before I even know what I'm doing, I speak -- I can't let this situation descend into the combat Matakite saw, can I? "We'll escort them," I say. "Until they find their true deaths. We won't let them near innocents, and if they decide to attack us... well, we've beaten them before, we can do it again. If we need to be tested for charm magic, we can manage that, but we won't allow any skeleton malfeasance!"

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 4, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!



Freak +2 | Danger +2 | Savior -1 | Superior -1 | Mundane +1
Potential:
3/5 | Conditions: None, | Location: Sharville Containment Area


"Um... thanks...", Gateway says with a slightly puzzled tone. Well, Marcus meant well, even if his words were a bit much to untangle with her stomach all turvy-topsy. She smiles weakly, nodding with a more certain repetition of: "Thanks."

Marking Potential.

Later...

"Sebastian! I thought you trusted us to deal with this... I mean...", Gateway says, sounding hurt, but her words fumble. "I mean, we wouldn't bring them back... if... I just... they stabbed me, you know... so..." She frowns, squinting over at Nirian. This is starting to seem kind a potentially bad idea. I mean, whether or not they were imprisoned, they just did some pretty bad stuff. To them. but it's not her place to gainsay her. "... nevermind."

Trying to Provoke Sebastian, even with her earlier bonus against him that's a 5 (2d6 + 1), which even Influence can't save, and the +1 forward is discarded. Marking Potential above.

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004




Freak +2 | Danger +2 | Saviour -1 | Superior +0 | Mundane +0
Potential:
3 | Conditions: None | Location: Sharville Containment Area


Matakite can't help but smirk at the compliment. "Cheers, mate. An' you weren't too bad yourself, Ghorza. Almost fought like a pirate, you did." She nods, Daisy in good hands between the two of them and Nirian's magic. "Dinnae know either." Matakite shrugs. "I'll take that drink. But always paid f'r me an' mine in salt and blood. But I dinnae think this lot would take kindly to the pirate way. And doubly since, you know, I was meant t' give all that up when I came on land." She shrugs, never having asked to join the pirate life or to get kicked out of it. "S'pose it's not too different from your good self. Just 'cuz I look like this lot don't mean I know them any more than you do."

When time cam to confront Sebastian, Matakite didn't put much hope in her vision being proven wrong, or the future being meddled with enough to change it. As such, she kept a hand firmly gripped on her club. "They're still humans, yeah? Just, like, missin' the meat bits. I got an eye missin' an' I'm still human." She reasons.

Marking potential

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?


Freak: +0 | Danger: -1 | Savior: +2 | Superior: +0 | Mundane: +2
Potential: 4/5 | Conditions: Hopeless | Location: Sharville

At Nirian’s words, I linger on Lilly’s gaze, before breaking the hug embrace grasp I have on her. It takes more willpower to do so than I expected, than it should, but I do so nevertheless. Even more willpower did it take to not snap a retort back at the seeress. What gave her the right to criticize my, our, actions? Yes, it was admittedly foolish to do what I did, when there was no real benefit to the gesture. But for we who had just faced a trying ordeal, for the three of us who had fallen into the pit and managed to somehow survive, were we not allowed a moment of respite?

I bite my tongue. She may have been out of line, but so was I. A discussion could be held, later. For now, there were certainly more important matters to focus on, such as getting out of this place. Any longer and Lilly might catch a cold, if she hadn’t already. Still, my temper was being tested, which was perhaps why I lashed out at Sebastian as I did once the elevator arrived.

“Our own good…? The people under your care, these people, starved because of your own neglect! Best intentions you may have had, Sebastian, but you clearly do not understand the necessities of human life. What would you know of ‘our own good?’”

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.



Freak: +1 | Danger: +2 | Savior: -1 | Superior: +1 | Mundane: +0
Potential: 4/5 | Conditions: | Location: Underground trying to not find a reason to stab Nirian like this lovely sear she is.

I try to keep a neutral expression as Sentinel let's go. I try. But I don't want to let go. I do. But I hang on longer then I should have done. I cross my arms, and glance at the Seer. Unimpressed at her little speech. I haven't been impressed once since I met her. She's arrogant, and I hate those people acting like they know more then you. What's worse is she keep disappearing. She's not reliable. In the slightest. So her acting all high and mighty, after basically being worse then useless just pisses me off. "Oh, I'm sorry, I seem to remember you saying "Feel free to celebrate". So maybe drop the attitude and f-." I start in a low growl, and then I sneeze. It's a sound like a kitten mewling. I hate it, it makes me sound like such a... such a girl! I sneeze again!

"Let's just get this over with." I mutter and stomp off. I'd probably try to kill her if she tried to push it any further. She probably already knew that. IF she had any sense and was even half as good a seer as she seemed to think she was, she'd loving drop it here and now.

- - -

I stare at Sebastian. I'm bored, and I'm pissed off, and cold, and damp, and I want to kill something. I can feel the blood lust rolling of Pater. For all of his speeches, he's desperate for a taste of blood. The undead weren't enough to satisfy him. Nether will this floating can. As much as she'd prefer to bury her blade in Nirian's heart. She was sure she'd have to seal it by hand. She wasn't looking forward to it. At all. But the faster they get through this, the better.

Scrree
Jan 15, 2008

WHEN ONE STRIKES THY NEIGHBOR THEY STRIKE THEMSELVES.
WHEN ONE FEEDS THY NEIGHBOR THEY FEED THEMSELVES.
THERE IS NO OTHER.



Freak: +2 | Danger: +1 | Saviour: -1 | Superior: +3 | Mundane: -2
Potential: 4/5 | Conditions: Insecure! , Holding +1 Conditonal on (Droid Dissection, or Defending Nirian) | Location: Sharville

Marcus felt a bit... young for this argument. He'd never even seen somebody die, how was he supposed to be able to judge the morality of keeping some potentially harmful undead in perpetual imprisonment? It was beyond him. But he trusted Nirian, even if he couldn't exactly understand her, so despite his reservations Marcus drew Sebastian's attention after the floating droid finished berating Lord Vane.

"Sebastian, please, our group has not been charmed. I can guarantee that." Marcus tapped his temple, clink clink clink, "if the mages had the power to ensorcel robots like us, they'd have done that to you long again."

quote:

Scrree - Today at 1:47 PM
/roll 2d6+3 #Accept Marcus' Robot Logic
SidekickBOT - Today at 1:47 PM
@Scrree: 2d6+3 Accept Marcus' Robot Logic = (4+3)+3 = 10
Provoking Sebastion! He must believe we have come to argue for the Skeleton's freedom uninfluenced by their magic and in good faith!

"This," Marcus gestured to the whole party, "Is not because of magic or manipulation. We are just... trying to clear up a misunderstanding, I think."

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006




Freak: +2 | Danger: -2 | Saviour: +0 | Superior: +3 | Mundane: +0
Potential: 2/5 | Conditions: None!| Location: Sharville Containment Area

My mood begins to foul as Nirian chastises us. Who is she to criticize us like this? Are we not allowed to have a brief moment of respite after everything we have been through? I open my mouth to tell her off, but then I feel Vane squeezing my hand, and, just like that, my nerves begin to calm. As much as I want to chastise her back for not being here while we risked our lives to rescue our friend, now is not the time for that, especially since we have more pressing matters to attend to.

--

I shake my head at Sebastian, "Sebastion, do you know what I am? An orc. Do you know what the Val'dash- humans, refer to us as? Beasts. Savages. Monsters. Even now, there are people who do not trust me, only because of what I am. Tell me, Sebastion, am I a monster? Should I not be given the chance to explain myself, because I am an orc?"

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?

Everyone

Around you, you hear an ungodly amount of heavy footsteps. Quickly, Matakite's vision seems to come true, but after hearing all the replies he once again turns blue and the drones stop at the same time.

He looks at each and everyone of you, but then stops at Marcus. Staring at him for a few seconds, he then shirks back. It's hard to tell due to his lack of body language, but he seems panicked.

"That... that is true! B-B-ut! If what you're saying is true-- then..."

He looks down to where the fight was. "Then I've failed! I've failed my creators! I've... hurt... humans..."

Sebastians speech turns more and more distorted, and the light grows dimmer and dimmer, until it is gone entirely. Without a warning, he stops floating, and falls to the ground.

The skeletal mages seem shocked by this sudden turn of events, and actually take a step back, unsure what to do about this situation. "A god, bound by rules..." Nirian muses. "Well, now I just feel useless. I've prepared all those explosives runes to force him to back down for nothing. Oh well..."

Turning back towards you, she looks at Red Errant. "You are right, I did say that. My apologies. It was a poor choice of words."

Stepping towards the elevators strangely slow, as if lost in thought, it takes her a while to realize you've gotten into the platform, Daisy included. As the elevator begins to move, she continues talking, with a cheeky smile on her face again. "All things considered, you did very well. I'll put in a good word for you all. However, you do need to grow a thicker skin. Trust me, there's worse officers than me to work under."

Although surely some of you are unsure about the truthfulness of that statement, that thought quickly gets replaced as you reach the surface... and it's warmth. The fresh air. The open sky.

Seeing the sight, the skeletons jaws drop. ... Metaphorically, at least, but it was very close to literally. It does actually kind of look unsettling. As they walk through the door, and into the sun, their bodies rapidly start turning to dust. Collectively, they bow towards you, until their bodies are no more, and they start to fall apart, until nothing remains but a pile of dust, quickly to be swept away by the wind.

Soon after, you begin your journey back home.


Issue complete! Do any End of Issue rolls or choices you have to do.

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at Jun 5, 2017 around 01:32

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 4, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!



Freak +2 | Danger +2 | Savior -1 | Superior -1 | Mundane +1
Potential:
4/5 | Conditions: None, | Location: Sharville Containment Area


As that happens, Gateway actually crouches down and picks up Sebastian. "Oh, sorry-", she says, as if she had anything to apologize over. As she stands up straight, she wobbles a bit. "Ngh.", she says with a squint, apparently struggling with the weight. "Maybe we should take it home, see if it can be repaired? Or... at the very least, make sure nobody else stumbles across it."

She looks down it as she lugs the weight along to the entrance, a little sad. Then, she pipes up to Matakite, "Looks like you were half-right, but we didn't have to fight any machines." A slight pause, before she adds as if in apology, "- yet." Her eyes shift from side to side, but no attack comes. She looks over to Marcus. Not the one she would expected to accept her unconditionally, but... it was okay. Maybe being here wouldn't be totally miserable.

Going to say Marcus definitely went the extra mile in making her feel welcome. She'll mark potential (noted above), and Marcus can shift her labels.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




Freak: -1 | Danger: -1 | Savior: +3 | Superior: +0 | Mundane: +2
Potential: 1/5 (Advance!) | Conditions: None! | Location: Sharville Containment Area

As we finally make it back to the clear skies and sun of the world I know so well, I feel a weight lift from my chest. We all had made it out with our lives. What leader could ask for anything more? Marcus had defused what was surely going to be an ornery situation with his flawless logic and it seemed Nirian had indeed been working behind the scenes to help. I suppose that did excuse her absence, though I wish she had trusted us enough to communicate her plan.

Perhaps it is the stress of the situation fading from me, but I feel transformed. I feel as though I could face any obstacle, no matter how great, and stand strong.

I turn to Ghorza with a smile. It seems Daisy is feeling better, though I doubt she'll be flying just yet, and that does much to ease my guilt. My fingers intertwine with hers as I say, "Well, Lady Ghorza, it seems we have quite a trek ahead of us. Would you do me the honor of sharing conversation while we walk?" Though my words are innocent, I can't say the intent quite matches them. It would be mostly talking, to be sure, but... Well, we could surely find what moments we could to demonstrate mutual admiration and respect. Could we not?

Per Yami, marking two drives complete: Vane made out with Ghorza and saved Gateway when she most needed help. Marking Potential for both. For End of Session, growing closer to Ghorza. She shifts Vane's labels and another Potential is marked. For the advance, taking Never Give Up, Never Surrender.

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006




Freak: +2 | Danger: -2 | Saviour: +0 | Superior: +3 | Mundane: +0
Potential: 3/5 | Conditions: None!| Location: Sharville Containment Area

I move myself a little closer to Vane, until we're standing shoulder-to-shoulder, and smile at him, "Yes, we should talk. Let's talk about finding a nice, quiet room for ourselves when we get back, and then..." I whisper the rest into his ear. Perhaps not the most subtle approach, but, as I said before, we orcs are not known for our subtly. We prefer to be direct, and straight-forward with our intentions, especially when it comes to matters of the heart. I only wish to show Vane how much I appreciate him in a more... private setting, of course.

Ghorza sees as a brave, caring warrior who cares a lot for his team, so I'm shifting his Mundane up, and Freak Down. For my End of Session, Ghorza is growing closer to Vane, so he gets to shift her labels, and I get to mark Potential!

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




Freak: -2 | Danger: -1 | Savior: +3 | Superior: +0 | Mundane: +3
Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: None! | Location: Sharville Containment Area

As Lady Ghorza details her intentions, I can all but feel my eyebrows lifting skyward and my face burning. Oh, my. It isn't an unwelcome invitation, not at all, it's simply... Very forward. But, I suppose, that is what draws me to her. She does not hide behind artifice or false words. She is exactly who she appears to be. It is something that I envy, to be honest. I've never shared my brother's gift with politicking, but, even so, I've come to understand a measure of the game. It's exhausting. Lady Ghorza, though, well... I have a feeling that matters may yet be exhausting, though in a completely different manner.

Doing my best to maintain composure and, most likely, completely failing, I finally manage, "That sounds wonderful, my Lady. I will eagerly await the opportunity."

Vane sees Ghorza as someone with incredible and wonderful abilities, someone who is a cut above humanity. She shifts +Freak / -Mundane.

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.



Freak: +1 | Danger: +2 | Savior: -1 | Superior: +1 | Mundane: +0
Potential: 5/5 | Conditions: | Location: Underground trying to not find a reason to stab Nirian like this lovely sear she is.

Sunlight, blessed sunlight. I run outside and hold my arms out wide too it. It's probably too late to avoid catching a cold. But at least I can try and get dry during the hike back home. I look back to the team. I'll be honest I'd stopped paying attention to whatever went on with the orb-guy. Soon as it was obvious we weren't going to throw down. I was still feeling off kilter from being hugged earlier. It was like I suddenly couldn't contain my heart. I didn't know how to hold my face. It all went wrong. Now I'm out here, and everyone can probably get a much better view of how my dress is clinging to me in the bright sunny light. As cold as the cave was, at least it was dim enough that you couldn't really see.... everything.

I try to cover myself with my arms as best I can, and move back to Sentinel.

"I um.... I-I'm still feeling a little cold. (And also everyone can see how my clothes are clinging to me). S-S-S-So if it's alright with you...?" I pull myself against him. I'm silently praying he's going to take the hint. Maybe I'm feeling daring. Maybe I'm feeling jealous at what Vane and Ghorza are doing. (Why can't it be me?!)

"You... um.... did really well...." I murmur. Terrified if I speak any louder he'll be able to hear my heart beat. "Without your body heat... I'd probably be feeling a lot worse. S-So... thanks." Why couldn't I just bend him over and kiss him like Ghorza had done to Vane? Why was this so difficult?! Why could I stare a dragon down, but the idea of kissing him fill me with nerves?!

"W-We should celebrate. I-I want to thank you.... p-personally."

- - -

When you share a triumphant celebration with someone, make them your love or rival immediately to mark potential. If they are already your love or rival, take Influence over them and mark potential.

As I already have influence. -Mundane +Savior & +1 potential for me.

Ding ding ding! Level up!

Taking a move from another playbook: Unstoppable!

Unstoppable:
When you smash your way through scenery to get to or away from something, roll + Danger. On a hit, the world breaks before you, and you get what you want. On a 7-9, choose one: mark a condition, leave something behind, or take something with you. On a miss, you smash through, but leave devastation in your wake or wind up somewhere worse, GM’s choice.

- - -

Arashiofordo3 fucked around with this message at Jun 5, 2017 around 20:26

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006




Freak: +3 | Danger: -2 | Saviour: +0 | Superior: +3 | Mundane: -1
Potential: 3/5 | Conditions: None!| Location: Sharville Containment Area

I giggle over Vane's reaction. The Val'dash are so easily flustered.

...This is nice, walking alongside Vane, hand-in-hand. It almost makes me forget about all the stress I've been in the past few days. "...Vane, can I admit something to you?" I rest my head on his shoulder, "There are days... when I start to doubt my mission. I try, and I try, and I try, but no matter how much, or how hard, I try, it never seems to be enough. It's as if the Gods themselves don't want me to succeed," I give a deep, long, sigh, "I've just been so frustrated. What must I do to get them to listen to me? All I want is for the bloodshed between our people to stop, but sometimes..." I tighten my grip on his hand, "...Sometimes it feels like I am the only one who cares about that."

Sharing a Vulnerability with Vane! When you share a vulnerability or weakness with someone, they tell you what you should do to fit in more. Take +1 forward to do it, and mark potential if you do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




Freak: -2 | Danger: -1 | Savior: +3 | Superior: +0 | Mundane: +3
Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: None! | Location: Sharville Containment Area

I smile softly, "Lady Ghorza, I would gladly walk the path of peace at your side. I do not think I am the only one, either. I think that our people are more similar than they know." I stop, guiding her face level with mine, then rest my forehead on hers. "They simply haven't realized it yet. Show them who you truly are. Talk with them. Exchange stories of your people with ours. It may not be easy. I know there are those..." Like my father. "Who may not listen. May not want to listen. But, even so, I believe that they will be outnumbered by those who will."

A sad smile crosses my face, "You are truly amazing, my Lady. You, Red Errant, and Sentinel all. I can't help but wonder if someone like me is worthy of fighting by your side."

When you share a vulnerability or weakness with someone, ask them to confirm or deny that you should be here. If they confirm it, mark potential and give them Influence over you. If they deny it, mark Angry and shift one Label up and one Label down, your choice.

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • Post
  • Reply