Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

Freak: +2 | Danger: -1 | Saviour: +0 | Superior: +2 | Mundane: +0
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: N/A | Location: Meeting Hall

I tilt my head quizzically at Marcus, "So we... need to find you new insides?" I ask him. I realize Marcus is different from the rest of us, but the very idea that we can "heal" him by finding new... parts? for him is... a little difficult for me to understand. "I will be honest; I do not fully understand how your body works, but, if there's one thing I do know," I cross my arms across my chest, and smile confidently, "It is that you need our help, and I would gladly gather these "parts" for you, my friend!"

...Truthfully, I am far more worried about Lady Fury than I am of Marcus. What happened that made her so... sad? And why... does seeing her like this bother me so much?

I should... I should check on her. See what's troubling her. Maybe... I can help her, somehow?

I get up from my seat, and make my way towards Lady Fury. "Um, excuse me, Lady Fury? You, uh, seem a little troubled. Is... is everything okay? Is... is there anything I could help you with?"

The Outsider posted:

Name: Ghorza Rockbiter
Mask: Outsider
Looks: woman, all-orc, animalistic eyes, no human clothing, your people's uniform

Abilities
You can fly are incredibly athletic, and you're pretty tough. Choose any two of the following:
❑❑ alien orc weaponry
❑❑ stunning beauty or pheromones imposing presence

Labels
Freak: +2
Danger: -1
Savior: +0
Superior: +2
Mundane: +0

Moves
❑❑ Belong in two worlds: You have the resources that come with your station. Whenever you contact your people, roll + Superior. On a 10+, hold 3. On a 7-9, hold 2. On a miss, hold 1, but your people make an uncomfortable demand of you. Spend your hold 1 for 1 to:
- receive a useful piece of alien technology orc artifact that will allow you to use any ability from another playbook once (choose the ability when you spend the hold)
- consult your people’s knowledge to ask the GM a question about the current situation
- clear a condition through the comfort of contact with your home

❑❑ The best of them: When you comfort or support someone by telling them how they exemplify the best parts of humanity, roll + Freak instead of + Mundane.

❑❑ Kirby-craft Daisy, Ghorza's loyal wyvern: You have a vehicle, something from your home. Detail its look, and choose two strengths and two weaknesses. When you are flying your wyvern, you can use it to unleash your powers, directly engage a threat, or defend someone using Superior.
Strengths: Fast & maneuverable, powerful weaponry
Weaknesses: Susceptible to ice magic, easily detectable,

Moment of Truth
You embrace your home and call them for aid. They will answer your call—in force!—arriving exactly when you need them to turn the tide. They fight and serve you for the rest of the battle. Of course, when all is said and done...they’d probably like to take you home with them. You did, after all, just prove yourself worthy.

Team Moves
When you share a triumphant celebration with someone, take Influence over them if you show them meaningful affection, physical or emotional. They decide if it’s meaningful.

When you share a vulnerability or weakness with someone, they tell you what you should do to fit in more. Take +1 forward to do it, and mark potential if you do.

When our team first came together...
We didn’t trust each other at first, but that changed. How? Why?

Relationships
You’ve been learning about Earth Arwintar by spending time with Gateway.
You have a crush on Lady Fury but you keep it under wraps.

Influence
If you’re cheerful, you’re thrilled to be here. Give everyone Influence over you.

Tardzilla fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Apr 4, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: N/A | Location: Sharville Containment Area

This... this is like nothing I've ever seen before. The Val'dash... built this place? And there used to be more places like this? I can't help but wonder what life was like in this cities, and what could have possibly bought them all to ruin like this. Maybe I could get Lady Nirian to tell me more about this place, she always seems to know a lot about the Val'dash's history.

Unfortunately, it seems like now is not the time to ask as we are approached by the mechanical dolls. There's still a lot that I don't understand, like what these... things even are, but if there is one thing I do understand, it's combat. While I may not have as much experience as many others in my clan, I know enough to handle myself in battle. I nod at Vane when he gives me his instructions, and put all my focus on the mechanical dolls, trying to find a weakness we could exploit.

quote:

<Hugzilla> Ghorza's assessing the situation!
<Hugzilla> !r 2d6+2
<Krysmbot> Hugzilla, 7+2 = 9

• how could we best end this quickly?

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

"Their chest!" I yell out to the others, "Strike their chest! That's where their weakness is! The dolls can share their senses with each other, so striking their heads, or any other part of their body that's not their chest, is useless!"

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

"Thank you, Sir Vane, but I didn't do much. It was your expert leadership that helped us achieve victory," I compliment him, "That said, I would gladly help provide guidance for you in the future!"

Lady Ghorza, huh? It has a nice ring to it. Titles like that are usually reserved for our strongest warriors, which... I am not. I have always been more of a thinker than a fighter, but my people do not value thinkers. They value strength, above all else, and if you are not strong, then you will be left behind, as simple as that. If my clan where here, they would not be thinking about the history of this place. Instead, they'd be thinking about how to turn the materials here into weapons.

The Val'dash are different. People like Vane value my knowledge, and they actually listen to what I have to say. They do not ignore me because they think I am "weak." In a way, the Val'dash have made me feel more welcome than my own people, and I... am not sure how I feel about that. How am I supposed to unite our two races when I feel so disconnected to my own people?

...Mm, I suppose this is something I'll have to think more about later. For now, I need to concentrate at the task at hand.

---

I quietly listen along to Sebastian's request, choosing to let the "Occupation: Ork" comment slide for now (How is being an ork an occupation?), and nod at the flying machine when he is done talking. "Once we're done collecting what we need for our friend, we'll see about helping you with your problem, Sebastian." I take one of the bags Lady Nirian is holding, and join Sentinel and Lady Fury in gathering parts for Marcus.

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

"I was lead to believe that being a "Lady" had a lot of meaning to it," I say to Gateway as I step onto the platform with all the others, "Or was I wrong?"

I turn to Vane, and say, "This will most likely be a fiercer battle than the last one, but," I put my hand on his shoulder, and grin, "I'm confident you'll be able to lead us to victory again, my friend."

quote:

<Hugzilla> Ghorza is supporting Vane! (+1 from influence)
<Hugzilla> !r 2d6+1
<Krysmbot> Hugzilla, 12+1 = 13

Vane gets the usual if he responds, and I'll choose to add a Team to the pool!

Tardzilla fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Apr 13, 2017

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

It's hard not to be intimidated by the enemy. There were many of them, and there will no doubt be many more to come, and, unlike us, the undead do not tire. This will be a difficult fight, but not an impossible one.

I brandish the battleaxe my father gave me before I left- a decorated axe given to those who are chosen to lead our tribe- and whisper in prayer, "May the spirits of my ancestors guide me to victory today." After my prayer, I leap over the barricade alongside Matakite, and shout out my people's battlecry, "LO'GASH OGAR!" before I rush into the horde of undead, and chop them into two with my axe.

quote:

<Hugzilla> Ghorza is going to Directly Engage the skellingtons! With -1 danger!
<Hugzilla> !r 2d6-1
<Krysmbot> Hugzilla, 7-1 = 6

If somebody Teams me, I'll pick the "create an opportunity for your allies" option.

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

Freak: +2 | Danger: -2 | Saviour: +0 | Superior: +3 | Mundane: +0
Potential: 2/5 | Conditions: N/A | Location: Sharville Containment Area

"I am doing just fine," I reply back to Lord Vane, "Especially now that I have you watching my back!"

One of the skeletons manages to hit me with a glancing blow to my sides, but I manage to shrug off the attack, and slice the head off my attacker. It'll take more than that to bring an ork down!

quote:

<HugzillaPhone> Ghorza takes a powerful blow! (-1)
<HugzillaPhone> !r 2d6-1
<Krysmbot> HugzillaPhone, 6-1 = 5

Marking Potential!

The skeletons start surrounding us, just like I thought they would. It was a risky, and dangerous, move, but this should give Gateway and the others the chance they need to go after their backlines. I glance back to see how Vane is doing, and- Huh? Where did he go?

Oh, no! He's being dragged away by some sort of vine thing into a horde of skeletons! Before I could do anything, Red Errant charges in, and takes care of the whip skeleton that was pulling him away. I breath a short sigh of relief, but then I notice a row of skeletons, armed with bows, aimed directly at them! Before they launch their arrows, I put myself between them and the archers, and prepare myself to protect my allies. They loosen their arrows, and expertly swing my battleaxe around to deflect their shots, not letting a single one get past me.

"Vane!" I call out to him, "Are you doing alright!? Can you still fight!?"

quote:

<Hugzilla> Now can Ghorza defend Vane!? (+1 from influence)
<Hugzilla> !r 2d6+1
<Krysmbot> Hugzilla, 8+1 = 9

Exposing myself to danger! Also adding a Team to the pool, and then using it to make Red Errant's roll into a 7!

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

I choose to stay behind this time as the rest of my allies engage in combat with the mages. We might be doing well for now, but there's no telling what tricks these skeleton mages hold. We need to end this battle quickly, before things intensify even more. I stay behind Vane as he uses the vine whip to keep the golem away, and take this time to carefully study the battlefield, and try to form a strategy in my head.

Orks aren't usually known for their strategic thinking, but as we have established, time and time again, I am no normal ork.

quote:

@Hugzilla: 2d6+3 Ghorza's assessing the situation! = (1+5)+3 = 9

Asking: • how could we best end this quickly?

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

To say things are going bad would be a gross understatement.

Red Errant has fallen into the abyss below with the golem. Gateway... Oh Gods, Gateway has been stabbed and turned into a block of ice, Sentinel is surrounded by the mages, and to make matters worse, Vane and I are seperated from our friends by the giant chasm. When did things go so horribly wrong? Is it because I was too slow with my assessment? Did I make an error in my judgement somewhere...?

...No, I shouldn't worry about that now. I need to concentrate on what is happening in front of me, and believe in the people I consider my friends. I will have to believe that Marcus is able to save Signy, and that Red Errant is strong enough to survive the fall. As for Sentinel, one of us needs to go help him, and I think I know how to at least get Vane over the pit. It's risky, but it might work.

"Vane," I give my friend a serious look, "I can get you over the pit, but I need you to trust me. Are you willing to put your faith in me, my friend?"

Once he gives me his answer, a warm smile crosses my face, "I am glad you trust me, Vane. Now," I grab Vane, and lift him over my head, "Off you go!" And I, using all my ork strength, toss him, straight over the chasm. I only hope I didn't throw him too hard.

Oh, well. I'm sure he'll be fine.

quote:

@Hugzilla: 2d6+3 Ghorza is going to FASTBALL SPECIAL Vane over the pit! (+1 from influence) = (2+5)+3 = 10

Using custom rules for this one.
When you pick someone up and throw them with super-human strength, roll +Freak.
On a 10+, choose up to three. On a 7-9, choose one:
 They land safely on their feet.
 They go exactly where you want them to.
 They crash through something or into someone.
 You can immediately throw a second person after them.
On a 6-, you probably tossed them into the death pit. Great job

Choosing: They land safely, they go exactly where you want them to, and they crash through something or someone (I'll let Vane decide on who!)

Tardzilla fucked around with this message at 02:35 on May 3, 2017

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

I thought I was prepared for anything, but I was not prepared for... this. Whatever this... abomination is. How do we even begin to deal with something like that?

"Well, it looks like everybody's agreeing with your plan, Vane, even the mages. There is no doubt that this will be our most difficult battle, but this is a battle we must win."

I turn my attention to the monster now. There is more to this monstrosity than it seems. What sort of secrets is this beast hiding?

quote:

@Hugzilla: 2d6+3 Ghorza is going to assess! = (3+3)+3 = 9
- Figuring out it's secret traits!

...And that is when I noticed the frost-dagger skeleton being dragged into it's hulking mass. "Be careful when engaging it in melee! That thing will suck you in if you're not careful!"

If only I could call for Daisy now. Her fire breath would surely help in a situation like this.

Tardzilla fucked around with this message at 23:06 on May 8, 2017

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

I look down at the ornamental wooden horn by my side. Father has told me that all I need to do is blow on it, and Daisy should come to me, no matter where she is. I take the horn, and bring it up to my lips, and blow, hoping that Daisy would hear my call. If there was ever a time I needed her, that time would be now.

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

"Daisy!" I run to my scaly friend, as she lowers her head to nuzzle me, "I knew you'd come for me, girl!"

I leap on her back, and turn myself slightly to look at the rest of my team, "Daisy and I will try to create an opening. Use it to get Gateway out of that thing!"

With that said, I fly off with Daisy. Oh, how I missed this! If only we were flying again in better circumstances. Still, there would be time for that later. We need to rescue our friend!

Daisy and I circle around the beast, making sure to keep our distance from it, pelting it with fire blasts. The thing might have power, but we have speed, and fire. Lots, and lots of fire.

quote:

@Hugzilla: 2d6+3 Ghorza is going to Directly Engage the Dead Eater with DRAGON FIYAH = (3+1)+3 = 7

• create an opportunity for your allies

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

Potential: 2/5 | Conditions: Guilty, Insecure| Location: Sharville Containment Area

"Ahhhhh!!!" I desperately hang onto Daisy as we come crashing down. Daisy, despite being hurt and having her wing cut, shields me from most of the impact.

I hear her whimpering. Oh, Gods, she's in pain. A lot of pain, and it's... it's... it's all my fault...

quote:

@Hugzilla: 2d6 Ghorza is taking a Powerful Blow! = (4+5) = 9

Marking Guilty and Insecure

I was reckless. I charged in without thinking, and my friend got hurt because of me. I lean my forehead on hers, and pet her softly, "...I'm sorry. It's my fault this happened to you."

I almost didn't notice Vane walking up to me. When he asks me how bad the wound is, I answer, "...It's bad," unable to hide the sadness in my voice, "She won't be able to fly for a while, and it'll take her some time to recover. If only... if only I wasn't so weak. If only I was stronger, this... this wouldn't of happened to her..."

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

Whoops! Double posted by accident. Please ignore!

Tardzilla fucked around with this message at 18:29 on May 25, 2017

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

Potential: 2/5 | Conditions: None!| Location: Sharville Containment Area

"Ah...!" My heart jumps a little when Vane held my hand. When ours eyes met, I found it... difficult to look away from them. Has Vane... has he always been this incredibly handsome?

I smile a gentle smile, and say, in a soft, quiet voice, "...Do not put yourself down so much, you were fantastic as well. You were the one who dove in, and risked your own life to rescue Gateway. Only someone with a truly brave soul such as yours would have been able to do that," I shyly look away from him, my green cheeks turning bright red, "As for how you can show your appreciation..." I look at him again, my cheeks glowing even brighter, "...There is one way you can show it." I lean in closer to him... and kiss him. I bring my arms around his neck, and nestle a hand in his hair, pushing him even closer. It might be a little too forward, but us orcs have never been known to be subtle about our feelings.

Ghorza is opening up to Vane, so she is removing Guilty!

quote:

@Hugzilla: 2d6+3 Ghorza is going to comfort Vane through SICK ORC MAKE-OUTS = (3+6)+3 = 12

Vane gets the usual, and since I rolled a 10, I'm removing Insecure!

Tardzilla fucked around with this message at 01:01 on May 26, 2017

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

I grumble a bit when I part from Vane. I would have liked to enjoy this moment for a little while longer, but I suppose there will be more time for that later. I don't let go of his hand, though.

I put my hand on Daisy's forehead, gently petting her, and saying, in a soft voice, "There there, girl. The pain will go away soon, don't worry. Just bear with it for a little while longer." My words seem to calm her down. I thank the Gods that her injury wasn't anymore serious than this.

"Thank you, Matakite," I say, as she holds Daisy down, "You did great during this whole battle. You were almost as fierce, and as brave as an orc! Maybe when we get back, you and I could share a drink together?" I pause, and add, with a smile, "I would say 'it's on me,' except I am still trying to understand how your monetary system works."

quote:

<@177170518145892353>: `2d6+3` Supporting Matakite (+1 from influence) = (4+3)+3 = 10

Matakite gets to mark Potential, shift labels, or clear a condition if she opens up, and I'll choose to add a Team!

"We should avoid further conflict if we can," I say, once Nirian shares her information with us, "What Sebastion did was terrible, but he did not do it out of malice. He seems to genuinely believe that what he was doing was right. Maybe we can talk to him, and make him realize what he's doing is wrong?"

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

My mood begins to foul as Nirian chastises us. Who is she to criticize us like this? Are we not allowed to have a brief moment of respite after everything we have been through? I open my mouth to tell her off, but then I feel Vane squeezing my hand, and, just like that, my nerves begin to calm. As much as I want to chastise her back for not being here while we risked our lives to rescue our friend, now is not the time for that, especially since we have more pressing matters to attend to.

--

I shake my head at Sebastian, "Sebastion, do you know what I am? An orc. Do you know what the Val'dash- humans, refer to us as? Beasts. Savages. Monsters. Even now, there are people who do not trust me, only because of what I am. Tell me, Sebastion, am I a monster? Should I not be given the chance to explain myself, because I am an orc?"

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

Potential: 3/5 | Conditions: None!| Location: Sharville Containment Area

I move myself a little closer to Vane, until we're standing shoulder-to-shoulder, and smile at him, "Yes, we should talk. Let's talk about finding a nice, quiet room for ourselves when we get back, and then..." I whisper the rest into his ear. Perhaps not the most subtle approach, but, as I said before, we orcs are not known for our subtly. We prefer to be direct, and straight-forward with our intentions, especially when it comes to matters of the heart. I only wish to show Vane how much I appreciate him in a more... private setting, of course.

Ghorza sees as a brave, caring warrior who cares a lot for his team, so I'm shifting his Mundane up, and Freak Down. For my End of Session, Ghorza is growing closer to Vane, so he gets to shift her labels, and I get to mark Potential!

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

Freak: +3 | Danger: -2 | Saviour: +0 | Superior: +3 | Mundane: -1

I giggle over Vane's reaction. The Val'dash are so easily flustered.

...This is nice, walking alongside Vane, hand-in-hand. It almost makes me forget about all the stress I've been in the past few days. "...Vane, can I admit something to you?" I rest my head on his shoulder, "There are days... when I start to doubt my mission. I try, and I try, and I try, but no matter how much, or how hard, I try, it never seems to be enough. It's as if the Gods themselves don't want me to succeed," I give a deep, long, sigh, "I've just been so frustrated. What must I do to get them to listen to me? All I want is for the bloodshed between our people to stop, but sometimes..." I tighten my grip on his hand, "...Sometimes it feels like I am the only one who cares about that."

Sharing a Vulnerability with Vane! When you share a vulnerability or weakness with someone, they tell you what you should do to fit in more. Take +1 forward to do it, and mark potential if you do.

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

"I hope you're right..." I bring a hand up to his cheek, and gently caress it with my fingers, "And do not doubt yourself, Vane. You are amazing, as well," I smile back at him, "You were the one who who successfully lead us to battle, you were the one who came to my aid, several times, and you were the one who saved Gateway. Being a warrior is about more than having brute strength; it's about courage. It's about heart, and you, Vane," I poke his chest with a finger, "Have plenty of both, and there is no-one else I would rather have fighting by my side than you," I give him a deep, long, kiss. As long as I have Vane by my side, I feel like I can take on any challenge.

Confirming that Vane belongs here! Also shifting his Superior Up, and Danger Down!

Tardzilla fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Jun 5, 2017

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

Potential: 3/5 | Conditions: None!| Location: Barracks

I should be in a good mood. The past two weeks I spent with Vane have been fantastic, and wonderful, but my mood was immediately soured when I received a message from my father, telling me how proud he is of me conquering a mighty foe. I'm not really mad, just... disappointed. I had hoped that he would praise me over my progress to bring peace, but no, of course he'd praise me over something related to battle. I am lucky that Drake was around to help calm me down after receiving such a frustrating message.

I follow along with the others, and salute the Crown Prince, and, I must admit, I did smile a little when he read our evaluation. It's true, Daisy is super cute! I wait for the Prince's attention to be elsewhere, and once he looks away from us for a brief moment, I lean in closer to Vane, and whisper, "Nirian is right about one thing; you really do have nice hair, but your hair isn't the only thing that's 'nice' about you," I give his behind a light smack and wink at him.

I take the medal with pride, and listen to the explanation of our new mission. The Duke of Sommerlund? Isn't that Vane's father? This... could be troublesome. "Yes, I think we should... talk before we head off."

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

Potential: 3/5 | Conditions: None!| Location: Barracks

I listen to Vane talk, and once he's done, I say, "Vane, it's fine. I'm used to being treated harshly. It hardly bothers me anymore. I'm more concerned about you. How would your father react if he knew about..." I pause. I almost said "us," but talking about our relationship in public was a bad idea. While the rest of our group and Nirian know about us, there is nobody else who is aware of us being together, "...Our close friendship."

I was shocked when Vane asked Red Errant to not kill his family. What did his family do to her? Perhaps I should ask Vane more about it later, but I get the feeling that this is a story that would be painful for him to share.

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

Potential: 3/5 | Conditions: None!| Location: The Duchy of Sommerlund

"...And make sure you feed Daisy exactly 20 sheep," I inform the guards, "If you feed her less than that, she'll start wondering around for more food, and if you feed her more.... well, it's best that you not find out what happens. Remember; exactly 20 sheep. Nothing more, nothing less!"

--

If I am honest, the Duke's venomous words hardly bother me all that much. I would rather he be honest about his distaste for us than hide it behind false pleasantries.

A small smile crosses my face when Vane speaks up for us to defend our honor. That's just like him; brave enough to speak up against his own father, a Duke, even if it might get him into trouble. In another life, he would have been a fine ork.

"We'll stop the mage before he could even set one single foot into the city," I declare, "Also, do we have a name for this dark mage? Is he anyone that is known or caused problems before?"

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

"There might be a way to resolve this without the need for violence," I tell them, "But it won't be easy. We'll need to talk to him, calm him down somehow. It will be risky, but talking to him might be the best way to solve this without any bloodshed."

I turn to Sentinel and Vane, with a look that Vane should be all too familiar with, "I can get you both to him, but I'll need you both to trust me. The method I am about to use might be a little... unorthodox, but it is the quickest way to get you to him without having to deal with the tree creatures." I grab both Sentinel and Vane, and lift them both up, "Try to land on your feet if you can," and toss them both straight at the direction of the dark mage boy.

"So," I turn to Red Errant, "Would you care to join me on my wyvern?"

quote:

@Hugzilla: 2d6+3 Ghorza is going to toss her boyfriend straight at the dark mage. What could possibly go wrong!? (+1 from influence) = (4+3)+3 = 10

 They land safely on their feet.
 They go exactly where you want them to.
 You can immediately throw a second person after them.

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

"Make sure to keep your eyes on the child, Lady Red Errant!" I tell her, as we soar through the sky, "We need to be ready to act in case thing's go wrong!"

Teaming Red Eerrant's roll!

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

I breath a sigh of relief when I see that Vane (and Sentinel too, I guess) is still okay after Red Errant clears the mist from the area. If that mage had done anything to hurt my Vane, then... well, let's just say you never want to make any ork angry, especially when theatork is riding a large, fire-breathing wyvern.

While the three of them do battle with the mage, I circle around the area with Daisy, looking for a way to stop their advance. The treants are still making their way to the nearby villiage, and it would be bad for all of us if they managed to reach it. There has to be a way to stop them before they cause anymore destruction.

quote:

• what here can I use to stop the mage's advance?
• how could we best end this quickly?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

Potential: 3/5 | Conditions: Guilty! Insecure!| Location: Lilly's Village

I wish I could say I was happy for our victory, but I am not exactly in the most joyous of moods right now.

I still feel the sting of the Phantom's words. I feel lost. Unsure. Am I foolish for thinking that one, naive ork like me could actually change anything? What am I doing this all for...?

It is not until Vane puts his hand on my shoulder, and when I look at him, that I remember why I'm still here. Why I still haven't given up yet.

I'm doing this... for us. So our two people can live in peace, and so we can live happily together. A little naive, yes, but maybe beinf a little naive isn't all thay bad?

I smile at him. It's a tired smile, but a smile nonetheless. I walk up to his side, and lean my head on his shoulder. My expression turns serious for a moment, and I say, in a low voice, "I'll never let you lose your way."

• Locked thread