Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
  • Locked thread
Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.



Freak: +1 | Danger: +2 | Savior: -1 | Superior: +1 | Mundane: +0
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: N/A | Location: Meeting Hall

Look at him! Look at him! I glare at him under the cover of my crimson helm. My eyes completely hidden. Lord Vane stood there all shiny in his stupid armour that looked so gods drat good on him. It was infuriating how good he looked!

//*These thoughts are far from healthy Lilly*\\ Pater whispered into her ear.

I squeeze the sword a bit. Yeah, shut up. I'm not obsessed with him or anything...! I'm just trying to work out how to take my eternal vengeance against his family for abandoning my village to their fate. That involved studying his every move carefully.

//*Oh? Then why are you staring at his-*\\

OH! LOOK! MARCUS IS BACK ON HIS FEET! YAY!! LET'S GO TALK TO HIM!!

I hurry over to the robot, happy for the distraction. Pater goes into one of his mocking silences. He has many silences. Most of them mocking. This one was a class 2. 'Ha, you fled like a coward' silence.

"Glad to see you're up and about again, Marcus. I'd be happy to assist in getting new parts. I've come across the basic idea before. A cart loses a wheel, you replace the wheel. Marcus was just a vastly more complicated cart. Look, I know I'm not very smart, give me a break here. i did well just working that much out!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.



Freak: +1 | Danger: +2 | Savior: -1 | Superior: +1 | Mundane: +0
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: N/A | Location: Meeting Hall

This place... I've never seen anything like it. Pater has though, I can hear him giggling. I don't know what's more unnerving. It it would be, if I wasn't filled with all of this crazy power. I could probably tear this place apart in minutes. I'm sitting next to the harpy-girl. Lady Fury. I'm honestly not sure how to talk to her. But there's this smell... It's so strong, that I can't help but sniffing for it. A big lungful. A little too obvious as well. Well, poo poo. Might as well be the one to say it.

"Hey, Fury. You... uh. You smell...." I try to look for the right words. "....Amazing. Is that jasmine? That stuff is impossible to get!" Takes me a couple seconds to remember I'm in my armour. Probably sounded a little weird. I mean, not everyone's seen me out of my armour yet. I should probably do that at some point. "After all, it's always important to smell nice. Far nice then sweat and blood." Nice recovery. Probably.

Then the robots turn up. Really Pater, that's what you're calling them?

//*That is what they're called girl. Robots. Like you're friend, but broken. We should break them more.*\\

I'm half way through the air by the time I hear that jumped up little noble give his orders. Normally I wouldn't listen. Normally I'd just smash these stupid robots. But, he said the magic word. "Red Errant - hold - Sentinel" (okay, I might have reordered those words in my head.)

The sword hits the ground and I skid to a halt, resting both my feet on the scabbard like I'm riding it. I can't help but noticing I managed to carve a scar in the floor about seven feet long. poo poo that must have looked so cool. I stay there for a few moments, letting the wind ruffle my arm cape thing as I balance on the sword as it's embedded in the ground. I glace over Sentinel's way.

"Fine, but don't expect me to leave any for you, Vane." (Soooooooo cooooooool!)

I wouldn't normally listen to his orders. But he's basically giving me permission to show off, to Sentinel of all people!

"Hey, Sentinel, watch this!"

- - -

10:49 PM A<ArashiOfOrdo3> ArashiofOrdo3 Red Errant is going to Directly Engage the Robots on the left flank! (+1 for trying to impress Sentinel)
10:49 PM !r 2d6+3
10:49 PM K<Krysmbot> ArashiOfOrdo3, 9+3 = 12
10:49 PM A<ArashiOfOrdo3> ArashiofOrdo3 Yssssss

Using In a China Shop to pick an extra option for colatoral damage
- Avoid their blows
- Impress, surprise, or frighten the opposition
- Allies get opportunity

- - -

I give a little hop, and come down on the hilt of the sword, kicking it up spinning high into the air in a shower of dust and stonework. My feet touch the floor, I give it a beat, then I look up with a sudden flick of my head. My eyes glow red through the cloud, as I give a single quick spin on the spot, and plant a roundhouse kick to the blade! Launching it like a balista bolt! Straight like a lightning bolt into the body of one of the robots! HAHAHAA! Parts explode everywhere! Molten sparks fly! It's almost beautiful! The tin can stumbles from the impact, but I'm not done! In a flash I'm over there! I twist clockwise, my right arm snapping out and seizing Pater's handle. I rip it out of the robot and followed through, punting it flying through it's pals! Scattering them like bowling pins! With the 'ball' hitting one of the big structures walls, and going right through it in a shower of sparks!

Somewhere inside that structure, something makes an almighty racket! I twirl Pater around and strike a pose. That had to look amazing. It felt amazing! I look back to Sentinel. "Your turn." I give him a wink. He can't see the wink, but I wink at him anyway.

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.



Freak: +1 | Danger: +2 | Savior: -1 | Superior: +1 | Mundane: +0
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: N/A | Location: Meeting Hall

Internally I sigh, I wanted him to look at how cool I was being. It's a bit of a bummer for him to tell me to cut down on the posing. Although his desire to not see me get battered was nice. I mean, it was never going to happen, I was wayyyy to powerful for THAT to ever happen. (not that I wouldn't mind being rescued. Swept up in his arms- focus Lilly. Fantasise later!)

I make moves to continue smashing. But the fights already over! Buzz kill. I kick through the debree. Finding some kinda creepy platform... I watch as it brings up another one of those robot things! I barely even have to think about smashing it. Then the platform moves down again. Yeah... no!

I cock my arm, aiming carefully. And with a flick of my wrist, I throw Pater like a spear. He hits the platform and splits it into pieces, each of them falling away into the darkness. I hear mechanisms crack and shatter. I take a few steps back and hold my hand out. Pater rockets back into it. The binding between us drawing him back to my hand. Okay, it hurts to do it. But it's ether that or I climb down into the hole.

//*Must you insist on doing that?*\\ Pater complained. I shrug, stowing him away on my back.

"Well, it's only because I trust you to actually do what I need you too." I say, he seemed mollified by that. Good. I don't really want to pick a fight with Pater. Not out here at any rate. Normally I find his seeking me out annoying. But right now? I can put up with it.

I move over to Sentinel. Okay, so he wasn't big on the posing. Maybe I should try to charm him with my pers- oh, wait, that won't work. He's a noble, probably has like 800 different ways to be charming. I can't step to that. Shoot! Then Vane comes over. It infuriates me he's in charge. It infuriates me that I'm pleased that he thinks I'm such a good fighter! Dammit! I'm supposed to hate you! Stop making me like you!

I cross my arms and try to shrug nonchalantly. "There weren't anything close to a threat." I look over at the rest of the team. If only so I can look away from his stupid handsome face. "They all seem to have held up. Have to admit, it felt nice to not need to hold back while hitting something." She prodded on of the chassis with her armoured boot. "They're nothing like Marcus though. They're all brittle and weak. It's honestly a little bit of a let down. Any thoughts, S-Sentinel?"

I'm still trying to think of some way to get his attention by the time we all shuffle onto the big platform. It starts moving. I'm so distracted that I reach out and grab the closet thing to me, that would be Sentinel. Takes me a few seconds to realise what I did. He can't see the blush under my helm, so I try to play it off. I'm supposed to be tough! I'm just glad that I didn't cling to him and scream. Gods above, I would just die.

"Careful, wouldn't want you to take a tumble, it's a long fall." Yeah, that sounded alright, big and tough. Looking out for your team mates. What didn't sound tough was the sound I made when the other robot declared I was a 'Village girl'. It was a choking sound, like I'd tried to gasp and breath out at the same time.

"HEY! I'm not just some village girl! H-How dare you!" I was furious. It wasn't that machines place to define me, or who I was! I was more then just a village girl! I was the Red Errant! I didn't care what that fly needed doing. It wasn't going to get any help from me!

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.



Freak: +1 | Danger: +2 | Savior: -1 | Superior: +1 | Mundane: +0
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: N/A | Location: Some creepy old robot city underground.

"Umm.... r-right." I stammered, letting the young lord go. Oh gods I stammered! I might as well just jump into the bottomless pit! But I spot Lady Fury waving me over. Thankful for the escape I shuffle over to her. That scent wafting off of her is delightful. It's almost enough to focus my mind a little bit. Hard to do. Holding the sword makes me think differently. It's still me but... bigger?

"Hey, how you holding up." I smile, then remember I'm wearing the helm. I can't take it off, I'd have to drop out of my armour form, and I don't feel brave enough to do it in this place.

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.



Freak: +1 | Danger: +2 | Savior: -1 | Superior: +1 | Mundane: +0
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: N/A | Location: Some creepy old robot city underground.

I don't even flinch when the explosion comes. Almost like I could feel it coming. Pater's influence no doubt. I can't help but feel excited!

"Well, if they need any encouragement to walk into the light, I can always give them a little push." I say, my grip audibly tightening on Pater's sheath. If they were anything like the undead I'd heard of, they'd never be able to deal with my speed or strength. I push the thought of them swarming over me to the back of my mind. Wasn't going to happen. This was going to be fine!

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.



Freak: +1 | Danger: +2 | Savior: -1 | Superior: +1 | Mundane: +0
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: N/A | Location: Some creepy old robot city underground.

"It's okay Sentinel! " I say. I'm trying to sound enthusiastic. "It's the thought that counts! You're at least smart enough to think about looking! It hadn't occurred to me."

- - -

10:27 PM A<ArashiOfOrdo3> ArashiofOrdo3 Red Errant will comfort and Support Sentinel! (+Bull's heart bonus)
10:28 PM !r 2d6+1
10:28 PM K<Krysmbot> ArashiOfOrdo3, 11+1 = 12
- Adding team

- - -

"Maybe after all this is done we can see if I can find a good place to drink! It be nice to get out of this armour for once." I put my hand on my hip, trying to accentuate the curve of my figure. Yeah, it probably doesn't work with the armour. But dammit, I'm trying! Also, maybe this isn't the best time to flirt. But I feel so much more confident like this! Once I'm out of the armour I'm not going to know what to do with myself. I get into line, facing the skelies. I can't help but feel a tremor of excitement! Enemies I didn't have to hold back against! Yay!

"If any of them get close, I'll bat them back!" I call. Getting ready to play wack-a-skull.

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.



Freak: +1 | Danger: +2 | Savior: -1 | Superior: +1 | Mundane: +0
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: N/A | Location: Some creepy old robot city underground.

Okay, well, that's am improvement. Okay... maybe? I have no idea if Sentinel got the hint. Anyway...

The fight rages, I watch the ebb and flow. I feel a little bit of smug satisfaction as Vane gets mobbed. That quickly changes to a sick twisting terror as something drags his legs out from under him. He could die. Those skeletons could kill him. I might hate him (some of the time) but I don't want him to die dammit!

"Vain! What the gently caress are you doing!?" I yell, rushing forward! Getting between him and the archer line "It's the right place for you to be, on your rear end in the mud! But don't! You! Dare! Die on me!!" I slap back at the skeleton mob, getting some breathing room. "It's embarrassing enough that you're our leader. Never mind that I li-" I shut my mouth. God I almost said too much...

Lady Fury rushes for the mage. I see the archer line aiming their shots. Not going to happen! I start to dash forwards. But then I spot the ex-venturers. Some kind of vine sunk into the ground, like the one around Vane's leg. I put two and two together. These things are dead already. I've no idea if it'll be enough... But there's too much at stake here! These undead shits are not stealing my vengeance from me!

So I do something that I'll probably regret.

//*Yesssss....!*\\

I reach down and undo the seal on Pater.

//*Do it...!*\\

I feel the rush of pressure from his blade as I start to draw the sword.

//*KILL!*\\

I pull upwards! A crescent moon uppercut through the whip skeleton from groin to collarbone! The pure white trail left behind in Pater's wake, like a sheet of silk in the wind, delicate. The bones offer no resistance. Nor does the ground, or the walls around us. I feel my heart beat once.

- - -

2:54 PM A<ArashiOfOrdo3> ArashiofOrdo3 Red Errant is going to Directly Engage the Ex-Venturers and cause collateral damage while frustrating Vain.
2:54 PM !r 2d6+3
2:54 PM K<Krysmbot> ArashiOfOrdo3, 3+3 = 6

- Picking "Taking the vine whip from the undead adventurers" from the China shop bonus.

If someone teams me, then will also pick "Avoid their blows."

- - -

A slight twist of my hip, and I unleash a whirlwind of wild blows! I'm not used to using Pater like this. We're out of sinc! I can't control it just right yet! I can only hope I'm far enough away from the others! I lock my arm, stopping my swing. The pressure wave rushes outwards. Ruffling my shoulder cape. I need to focus! Or else it won't be just the skeletons who're going to taste patter's fangs.

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.



Freak: +1 | Danger: +2 | Savior: -1 | Superior: +1 | Mundane: +0
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: N/A | Location: Some creepy old robot city underground.

Lilly stood. Horrified. Sweat pouring down her face and back as she struggled with Pater's bloodlust. Gods! She'd been so close to loosing control! She grit her teeth and slammed the sword into the ground. Breathing heavily. poo poo, this wasn't doing her rep much good.

She was still struggling to breath. When the mages came. poo poo! poo poo poo poo poo poo! Terror gripped her for a moment, if she raised the sword she could hurt her friends! Her team!

Ugh! Focus Lilly! You spineless wench! Get your poo poo together! You don't ha- AHHHHH!

...

I mannage to focus again just in time to feel myself getting picked up like a rag doll and hurled into Marcus! My armour stood firm, but I'd left Pater behind stuck in the ground. At least that helped me get back in control.

"Wow... You alright Markus. Sorry, probably not quite what people are thinking, when they say the ladies are throwing themselves at you, eh?" Ohh god, that joke was terrible! gently caress! Just roll with it.

I pull myself to my feet, Markus too. I'd forgotten how much harder it was to do things without Pater powering me up. I reach out my hand, and he flies to it.Slamming into my palm. Comfortable and familiar. I feel his strength running through me again. Ahh yeah! Feels SO loving GOOD! I throw the vine whip Vane's way. I've got no use for it. "Here Vane, see what you can do with this. I'm going to see How tough their monster really is"

"Sentinel! I'll take the Golum out. You guys... Uhhh, do what it is you do!" I say, trying to sound confident and cool. But I've not. Been paying too much attention to the others. I rush forwards to try and get stompy's attention. He better be watching me!

"HEY! MUD FACE! EAT SWORD!" I yell as I try to draw it away from the others... By jumping up and stabbing it in the face. That tends to get their attention. I drop down onto enemy lines. At least that way it's going to start swinging at the team while trying to hit me.

- - -

11:04 pm <ArashiOfOrdo3> Red Errant is going to directly engage the golum. + impressing Sentinel.
11:05 pm <Krysmbot> ArashiOfOrdo3, 7+3 = 10
- Taking something from the Golum - It's aggro. Getting all it's attention on me
- Avoiding blows.

Arashiofordo3 fucked around with this message at Apr 26, 2017 around 22:11

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.



Freak: +1 | Danger: +2 | Savior: -1 | Superior: +1 | Mundane: +0
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: Afraid | Location: In the deep dark.

I sit up slowly. Head pounding. What... where am I? I flex my fingers and toes. Okay, all my limbs are still attached. That's good... I look down, my dress is covered in dust, and rubble and little red shards. My armour. Pater. The fall! I can't help but feel the vertigo, and I roll onto my hands and feet to try and breath. I can't stop the retching. But I've eaten little today, and nothing comes out.

How long have I been down here? Minutes? Hours? I don't know. I just... I can feel Pater. He's stuck. Somewhere up there. Without him... no armour. No powers. I suddenly realise how cold I am. A summer dress isn't the best thing for braving the deep darkness of a cavern.

... I'm scared.

It takes me what feels like an hour before I get to my feet. Another hour before I take a tentative step. That's when I hear the *boom*! The Golum! The Golum was still alive! I dart to cover. Listening hard. Heart hammering. Please don't find me! Please don't find me!!

I don't have a choice. I've got to find a path. I was never any good at climbing. Without Pater's strength I was never scaling the walls. There had to be a path! As terrified as I am, I couldn't risk being found! I'd die. I don't want to die down here in the dark all alone! I've never even kissed anyone! I've not become a woman yet! It wasn't fair! Sentinel! Vane! Where were you! Why weren't you here! I need you.....!

- - -

Going to look for a path and stay stealthy.

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.



Freak: +1 | Danger: +2 | Savior: -1 | Superior: +1 | Mundane: +0
Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: Afraid | Location: In the deep dark.

I need time... time to work out where I am. The map is a good start. But I'm under a lot of pressure. There's something following me. It's big and stompy, so it's got to be rock face. I force myself to be silent, calm. I need to study the map.

- - -

Picking option B

- - -

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.



Freak: +1 | Danger: +2 | Savior: -1 | Superior: +1 | Mundane: +0
Potential: 2/5 | Conditions: Afraid | Location: In the deep dark.

poo poo, I'm freezing, my dress is clinging to me, making the cold even worse. While it would probably be enough to even make Sentinel notice me in ~that~ way. Right now, it sucks. I don't have the luxury of delaying to search for full clothing. I'm desperate, I'll take whatever I can find!

- - -

Picking option B
+1 Potential

- - -

poo poo! poo poo! Nothing! Dammit! I sneeze again, and freeze, praying that It didn't hear me. I'm back on the main pathway, every single room is empty or partly flooded. I'm so cold! The moment I get patter back, I'm going to murder something. My heart stops when something explodes above me. I think I screamed. I don't know, I was too busy freaking out. I look up and see two figures falling! Oh no! Oh gods no! Suddenly their descent slows! I run over, I'm praying it's friendly. Its...

Lady Fury! And Markus! I run over to them, trying to look every inch like I'm in control, like I'm ready for battle.

...
...

Lady Fury and Markus do not see an in control and powerful figure emerging from the darkness. What they is is a pale, dirty, bedraggled girl stumbling out of the dark. Her blue dress dirty and torn, clung to her in patches, like it was soaked to the skin. Her previously pretty blond hair was matted with dust and mud. She shivered, wide eyed with terror. She stopped, bottom lip wobbling. Lilly's eyes misted over, and in a highly undignified display, broke into tears and flung herself at the pair. Seeking both comfort, and warmth.

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.



Freak: +1 | Danger: +2 | Savior: -1 | Superior: +1 | Mundane: +0
Potential: 4/5 | Conditions: | Location: In the deep dark.

Feathers, warm soft downy feathers. The sensation is almost more then I can bear. Actual heat! I'm totally not crying by the way! I-It's just water on my face! A-And that cry is just... uh, relief that they're okay after falling! I feel Pater's presence, I don't understand, but I don't question. I'd have time for explanations later. I reach out a hand, almost half conscious. Letting the power flow into me as Pater get's closer.

*BAM*

Pater lands in my hand, my eye's light up, I feel strong, alive, powerful, unafraid!

"Er...." I start, feeling slightly awkward... how to explain... that...that thing that did not happen! They couldn't tell anyone! "I-I'm um really glad to see you two are okay!" I try to cover. "There's that golum down here. We've been playing cat and mouse since I fell. Had to hide Pater so it couldn't find me!" Yeah, that sounds good. Yep, totally believable, I radiate power normally. So it made perfect sense to hide in a less powerful form! "When I saw you fall, I feared the worst. What's going on up there?"

I make sure Pater is sheathed. I don't want a repeat of last time. I look at the Golum, I could probably kill it myself. But I wasn't too keen on finding out if there was even deeper pits in this hell hole.

- - -

8:31 PM A<ArashiOfOrdo3> ArashiofOrdo3 Red Errant Assess the Situation!
8:32 PM !r 2d6+1
8:32 PM K<Krysmbot> KrysmbotDestroyerOfWorldsAndLoverOfKittens ArashiOfOrdo3, 3+1 = 4
8:32 PM A<ArashiOfOrdo3> ArashiofOrdo3 Oh god dammit

+1 Potential

- - -

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.



Freak: +1 | Danger: +2 | Savior: -1 | Superior: +1 | Mundane: +0
Potential: 4/5 | Conditions: | Location: In the deep dark.

I would have totally taken that pile of stones out! But I was just distracted by Pater admitting to being a loving Arsehole. Great. Great now my sword is trying to moralise to me. The bloody thing was telling me to kill not kill not 30 minutes ago. Now it was getting all preachy.

gently caress it, I can't be bothered right now. I'm flying up through the air. Thrown by Markus skyward. I glance over at Lady Fury. Grateful to her. I'm surprised that she's been thrown, she does have wings. But maybe Markus just felt like helping out. Who could refuse him that? I arrive at the top.... and I'm baffled at the scene before me.

"You know... I don't even know what to make of this..."

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.



Freak: +1 | Danger: +2 | Savior: -1 | Superior: +1 | Mundane: +0
Potential: 4/5 | Conditions: | Location: In the deep dark.

I colour as Sentinel sees me. This isn't how I want to be seen. Looking so weak and battered. I can tell from where his eyes move, he's looking. He's soaking it in. I want him to take me in his arms. But he offers me his hand instead.

It's humiliating. And almost what I wanted. The emotional conflict leaves me looking at his hand, then at him. In the time it takes me to hesitate, Lady Fury has already taken it. I look away. I.... I feel tired.

"I.... could really do with some warmth right now." I look down at my still dripping dress. Suddenly aware at just how little modesty it afforded me at the moment. "Anyone got something I can use to cover up? Otherwise, the boys might go a little gaga.... Hehe....he....." The joke dies in my throat as I shiver. I'm not afraid any more. That has passed. Now I'm freezing. My armour would be perfect for this. Except I've not got enough energy to restore it.

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.



Freak: +1 | Danger: +2 | Savior: -1 | Superior: +1 | Mundane: +0
Potential: 4/5 | Conditions: | Location: Back with the Team.

I freeze as Sentinel puts his arms around me. I suddenly feel very hot. Eyes wide. "A-A-A-Ah!" I stammer out. I don't know what to do. Sentinel is hugging me. What do I do? Okay, yes, this is what I wanted, but now it's happening I've no idea what to do! I've never even held hands with a boy! I thought the confidence and strength Pater gave me would help me know what to do. But I've got no idea. And I'm blushing, and he smells so nice, and he's pulling me against him, and he's got such pretty eyes, then says something about physical contact but I'm not totally listening because I feel like steam is rising off of me.

"I'm still in my armour, aren't I?" He says.

Sentinel was going to take off his armour!?! AHHH!!!! W-W-Wait! I-I-I'm not ready! I-I-I mean we've not even held hands yet! I-I-I-It's way to soon t-t-t-t-to be doing something l-l-l-l-like *that*!!! A-A-A-At least wait until we're back home.....! I stare up into his eyes, my face as red as my armour. Waiting for him to pull in closer, for the feeling of his lips on mine. If he kissed me right now, I'd die. I'd die on the spot!!!

//*Lilly, you're letting your imagination get away from you again.*\\

Pater's voice cuts into me. It suddenly dawns on me that he's been listening to my brain going into overdrive.

//*He's offering heat, not his body. Focus girl. Before you make a fool of yourself.*\\

The chiding, thought gentle, bring my thoughts into relief. I misread his intentions. Completely. But I don't want him to let go.

"N-No it's fine.... I-I-I don't mind...." I manage. Gods I sounded so weak. How was I ever going to win his heart if I was being so shy?!

- - -

Shifting Mundane down. - Lilly thinks Sentinel is anything but ordinary.
Shifting Superior up. - For obvious reasons.

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.



Freak: +1 | Danger: +2 | Savior: -1 | Superior: +1 | Mundane: +0
Potential: 4/5 | Conditions: | Location: Underground trying to not find a reason to stab Nirian like this lovely sear she is.

I try to keep a neutral expression as Sentinel let's go. I try. But I don't want to let go. I do. But I hang on longer then I should have done. I cross my arms, and glance at the Seer. Unimpressed at her little speech. I haven't been impressed once since I met her. She's arrogant, and I hate those people acting like they know more then you. What's worse is she keep disappearing. She's not reliable. In the slightest. So her acting all high and mighty, after basically being worse then useless just pisses me off. "Oh, I'm sorry, I seem to remember you saying "Feel free to celebrate". So maybe drop the attitude and f-." I start in a low growl, and then I sneeze. It's a sound like a kitten mewling. I hate it, it makes me sound like such a... such a girl! I sneeze again!

"Let's just get this over with." I mutter and stomp off. I'd probably try to kill her if she tried to push it any further. She probably already knew that. IF she had any sense and was even half as good a seer as she seemed to think she was, she'd loving drop it here and now.

- - -

I stare at Sebastian. I'm bored, and I'm pissed off, and cold, and damp, and I want to kill something. I can feel the blood lust rolling of Pater. For all of his speeches, he's desperate for a taste of blood. The undead weren't enough to satisfy him. Nether will this floating can. As much as she'd prefer to bury her blade in Nirian's heart. She was sure she'd have to seal it by hand. She wasn't looking forward to it. At all. But the faster they get through this, the better.

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.



Freak: +1 | Danger: +2 | Savior: -1 | Superior: +1 | Mundane: +0
Potential: 5/5 | Conditions: | Location: Underground trying to not find a reason to stab Nirian like this lovely sear she is.

Sunlight, blessed sunlight. I run outside and hold my arms out wide too it. It's probably too late to avoid catching a cold. But at least I can try and get dry during the hike back home. I look back to the team. I'll be honest I'd stopped paying attention to whatever went on with the orb-guy. Soon as it was obvious we weren't going to throw down. I was still feeling off kilter from being hugged earlier. It was like I suddenly couldn't contain my heart. I didn't know how to hold my face. It all went wrong. Now I'm out here, and everyone can probably get a much better view of how my dress is clinging to me in the bright sunny light. As cold as the cave was, at least it was dim enough that you couldn't really see.... everything.

I try to cover myself with my arms as best I can, and move back to Sentinel.

"I um.... I-I'm still feeling a little cold. (And also everyone can see how my clothes are clinging to me). S-S-S-So if it's alright with you...?" I pull myself against him. I'm silently praying he's going to take the hint. Maybe I'm feeling daring. Maybe I'm feeling jealous at what Vane and Ghorza are doing. (Why can't it be me?!)

"You... um.... did really well...." I murmur. Terrified if I speak any louder he'll be able to hear my heart beat. "Without your body heat... I'd probably be feeling a lot worse. S-So... thanks." Why couldn't I just bend him over and kiss him like Ghorza had done to Vane? Why was this so difficult?! Why could I stare a dragon down, but the idea of kissing him fill me with nerves?!

"W-We should celebrate. I-I want to thank you.... p-personally."

- - -

When you share a triumphant celebration with someone, make them your love or rival immediately to mark potential. If they are already your love or rival, take Influence over them and mark potential.

As I already have influence. -Mundane +Savior & +1 potential for me.

Ding ding ding! Level up!

Taking a move from another playbook: Unstoppable!

Unstoppable:
When you smash your way through scenery to get to or away from something, roll + Danger. On a hit, the world breaks before you, and you get what you want. On a 7-9, choose one: mark a condition, leave something behind, or take something with you. On a miss, you smash through, but leave devastation in your wake or wind up somewhere worse, GMs choice.

- - -

Arashiofordo3 fucked around with this message at Jun 5, 2017 around 20:26

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.



Freak: +1 | Danger: +2 | Savior: -1 | Superior: +1 | Mundane: +0
Potential: 5/5 | Conditions: | Location: Underground trying to not find a reason to stab Nirian like this lovely sear she is.

The drinks were good. I may have spent some of it sitting on/near Sentinel's lap. Which was just... Ahhhhh! I'm starting to blush just thinking about it.

Okay, I mean, I didn't actually sit 'in' his lap, or 'on' it technically. But I was right next to it! Our legs touched! I even almost got him to dance! I mean, I might have had a few more drinks then I should have done, and played a song while we were there! Old Favourite of my village, and a few of the patrons knew it as well! We all joined in, I played the fiddle and danced, and sang! And he watched!! I think I almost got him to his feet to join in! But it was pretty packed!

This is the song I played, in case you were curious!


- - -

Shifting Sentinel -Savior +Superior, -Freak +Savior

...

It wasn't long until we were pulled to see the prince. I followed the queue from Vane and Sentinel. Throwing up a sloppy salute. The Prince was nice. I mean, he pretty much got that stupid seer dead on. Her 'reviews' were basically trash, just like she was. So her opinions didn't matter to me in the slightest!

...

I mean HOW DARE SHE! "I" have a "lovely attitude"?! Is she for real?

//*Lilly please, compose yourself!*\\ Pater whispered. Ugh, he was right I suppose. So I tone down my mental fury. And look up into the princes face. I freeze. Um, totally because if I didn't he'd have gone from a counter attack to disable my surprise attacker, and not because he's really quite handsome.... up close... he joked, and I giggled. It was funny, alright? He hands me a medal! I don't know what to do with it, so I just hold it, softly. Reverently. I try to clip it onto my dress. It probably clashes, but it's mine, and if you try to take it from me, I'll sock you in the face! I'm watching him hand out the rest of the medals, and in the background I see Selza walk into the room!

I can't help but grin, partly because it's great to see her, partly because she terrifies me. I listen intently. Until she mentions who we're working for... My face drops. I clench my right hand. It's why I came here. To stop that evil sack of poo poo. I feel Vane's eyes on me. I'm trying not to show it. But I know I'm not very good at hiding my emotions. So I just lock my eyes on the marble floor. Pater is telling me something about the prince, but I'm just trying not to let the rage descend over my eyes.

Arashiofordo3 fucked around with this message at Jun 8, 2017 around 21:45

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.



Freak: +1 | Danger: +2 | Savior: -1 | Superior: +1 | Mundane: +0
Potential: 5/5 | Conditions: | Location: Underground trying to not find a reason to stab Nirian like this lovely sear she is.

I froze. Vane's eyes locked on mine. I really wish I was wearing my armour. So he can't see my face. I look away, I can't maintain eye contact. His gaze is too intense. I grit my teeth. "I wasn't going to kill them...!" I start weakly. Well, what was I going to do to them? Did I even have a plan? It seemed so easy back in the village. I was going to stop the noble and save my village! I was going to be the hero, dammit! But I hadn't even thought about how was I going to do that! I can feel my anger boiling. My rage tempered with my embarrassment. I clenched my first, white knuckled. I turn and punch the wall. Owwwwwwwww! Ow! Ow! OW!

I don't let the pain show. "They're sending bandits to bleed us dry! They're letting them kill us! What am I supposed to DO, huh?! Ask them nicely? They don't give a poo poo about us!" Okay, maybe not the physical pain show.

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.



Freak: +1 | Danger: +2 | Savior: -1 | Superior: +1 | Mundane: +0
Potential: 5/5 | Conditions: | Location: Sommerlund, trying to not find a reason to stab Vane's Father and Brother like the lovely Arseholes they are.

Pater it's in his carrying roll on my pack. I'm trying to control my breathing. Here it is. The reason I took him up in the first place. The reason I joined the knights. Slowly in, slowly out. I don't say anything. I keep focused. I have to. I can feel the pounding in my head, it is unbearable! The luxury of his estate is a kick to the gut. That's our money he's wasting on himself. Every room we pass through the knot in my stomach get's tighter, and tighter.

Then we enter the throne room. My headache vanishes. As my sight goes tunnel vision to the fat bastard who slumps in an ill fitting throne. He thinks he's a king. He gives us the kind of look one holds onto for a dead body.

But I don't get angry. I feel everything around me in perfect clarity. It would take me less then a second to bridge the distance between us, for my blade to take his head off. Even sentinel wouldn't be able to move fast enough to stop me. The guards would be even slower. I start to tense my hand, ready to reach for Pater. Ready to enact vengeance. But then Vane speaks. And with his words come the memory of the promise I made. I don't even hear the jibe he throws haphazardly my way. I'm focused on the map. It shows where the Duke's soldiers are placed. Conspicuously absent from my home. My home that is in the way of this dark wizard.

Before I can save my home from the Duke, I have to save it from his enemies.

I'd rather burn his whole place to the ground. I shoot Vane a look. A look that is equal parts 'we will talk about this later', 'I'm trying so loving hard here' and 'give me one reason right now not to slit their throats'.

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.



Freak: +1 | Danger: +2 | Savior: -1 | Superior: +1 | Mundane: +0
Potential: 5/5 | Conditions: | Location: Sommerlund, trying to not find a reason to stab Vane's Father and Brother like the lovely Arseholes they are.

So... we have to fight a child? This whole trip loving sucks.

"Whatever, let's just get this over with." I hitch Pater onto my belt. "If I move fast enough I should be able to cut you a hole in the defensive line. And try to keep the trees off of you."

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.



Freak: +1 | Danger: +2 | Savior: -1 | Superior: +1 | Mundane: +0
Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: | Location: Sommerlund, trying to not find a reason to stab Vane's Father and Brother like the lovely Arseholes they are.

I eye the Wyvern carefully. I mean, sure I jump through the air a lot. But... flying...

"I could..." I start, and then second guess myself. Glancing at the place where the boys were thrown, I realise I don't have the time to sit and think. "gently caress it. Let's go." Maybe I can get a better look at this brat from the air.

- - -

@Arashiofordo3: 2d6 Red Errant attempts to Pierce the Dark Mage's Mask. = (4+2) = 6

Welp... +1 Potential.
Team Plz

- - -

That was my thought before I got up in the air! I'm too busy clinging onto Ghorza to get a good eye on the kid! Wow, she's got some pretty tight abs. Maybe we should have a sit up contest at some point?

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.



Freak: +1 | Danger: +2 | Savior: -1 | Superior: +1 | Mundane: +0
Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: | Location: Sommerlund, trying to not find a reason to stab Vane's Father and Brother like the lovely Arseholes they are.

Gods, focus. You've survived a fall from a lot higher then this. And it was a real poo poo time. So I didn't want to repeat it.

- - -

How could I get your character to stop making Treants and go home peacefully?

- - -

"There!" I yell over the wind. "I see him!"

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.



Freak: +1 | Danger: +2 | Savior: -1 | Superior: +1 | Mundane: +0
Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: | Location: Sommerlund, trying to not find a reason to stab Vane's Father and Brother like the lovely Arseholes they are.

Branches thrash out at us, and I hold tightly with one hand as Daisy dipped and dodged! I look down to the ground below as it erupts in some kind of thick mist. I'm pissed enough already. But this gives me a good way down quickly.

"Ghorza! I'm going to create an opening for the boys! I'll see if I can't drop on the mage's head while I'm at it! Thanks for the lift!" I yell to the Ork, and then I do something that would be totally crazy for most people. I drop off of Daisy. I freefall for a few moment, a few blissful heartbeats. Then I grasp Pater's handle.

The vines fly at me thick and fast. But I'm way faster! Spinning left, flipping right, I deflect and grind along other vines as they flash past. I'm unstoppable! The ground rushes to meet me! The Ents can't move fast enough. I vanish into the fog, and then I swing my blade!

- - -

SidekickBOT - Today at 11:05 PM
@Arashiofordo3: 2d6+2 Red Errant Unleashes her powers to clear the Pollen fog! = (4+1)+2 = 7
- Unstable / Temporary

- - -

The wind-blast is immense! I never get to let loose like this! I clear the zone in seconds! I might have also uhh 'uprooted' a couple of the Ents. I point Patter at the mage. "Nap time, bitch!"

Aw yeah, so cool!

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.



Freak: +1 | Danger: +2 | Savior: -1 | Superior: +1 | Mundane: +0
Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: | Location: Sommerlund, trying to not find a reason to stab Vane's Father and Brother like the lovely Arseholes they are.

Oh great! More lovely wizards!

"Hey! You!" I point at the wizard. "gently caress off! I can tell right now you're going to be a pain in the arse, so gently caress right off!"

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.



Freak: +1 | Danger: +2 | Savior: -1 | Superior: +1 | Mundane: +0
Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: | Location: Near her village and having a really bad day.

I freeze. Nodding slowly. "Yes, there's food and water there, we can rest up for a while. Work out what to do next." She shouldered Pater. "I'll carry him." I'm not exactly thrilled to be going home. But maybe mother won't drag me back home by the ear.

maybe...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.



Freak: +1 | Danger: +2 | Savior: -1 | Superior: +1 | Mundane: +0
Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: | Location: Near her village and having a really bad day.

I stand on the edge of the main street. I can't help be sigh as the usual suspects scamper away into their homes. They'd watch us every step of the way. The group would be barely out of sight before they scurry back out into the street and start to gossip. She already knew the first house they passed on the outskirts was already penning it's dramatic retelling of the siege of the little hovel by the ruffian hoard that stormed the village. Mrs Maflinty never changed. I'd never liked her. Stupid old crone. She was the worse of the village gossips, and she always managed to make the topic of the day the greatest tragedy to ever affect the land. Because it had personally sought her out and attacked her.

"Come on. Otherwise we'll never hear the end of it. Especially from Mr Griffins. YES! I SEE YOU YOU STUPID OLD FART!" I yelled accusingly at a house, the shutter that had been slowly creeping open slamming shut. I could already here the muttering. Uggh. I lead the others through the town centre, and start up the winding path to my hill top home. We always had the worse land, it would have been great for sheep, but we couldn't afford them. We could barely afford food most days. The taxes from the Duke were harsh enough even before the bandits moved in. I keep my armour up. Just so they couldn't see my face.

We pass run down buildings. Blacksmiths, stores, a tavern, simple village amenities. I already feel suffocated by them all. But soon we're on our way up the hill. I glance back down on the town. Spying the villagers already gathering in confusion and whispering amongst themselves. Soon it approached. Home. It was as I remembered it. Sturdy, not like the other homes in the village. A lean, heavyset man steps out of the door. In his hand a huge sword. His old sword, I still remember him putting me on his knee and telling me of the wars he had fought in. How he always taught me that a sword was not a solution to my problems. He doesn't say a word. Just stands ready. He looks tired.


Auron Vale - Ex Soldier, Giant Slayer, Farmer

My heart is pounding. I step forward. His steel coloured eyes lock onto me. I can't help but freeze in place. Slowly I raise my hand to Patter's scabbard on my hip. I hear his grip tighten on his sword. But then I take my sword and just drop it. Patter hovers just above the ground. His gaze flicks from Patter back to me. Unflinching. I reach up and remove my helm. My golden hair falling about my shoulders, catching the light. His eyes widen.

"Hey... Daddy...." I murmur, I can't keep my face straight. I'm waiting for the explosion. The rage.

He steps forward. I hunch, preparing for the tide wave. His arms find me. Enclosing me in a grip that stings my eyes with tears. I smell his familiar scent, memories flood me unbidden. "I-I didn't mean to run away!" I say, my voice horse, shaking. I'm not going to cry! I'm NOT GOING TO C~CRY!

But I was, and I am. My armour melts away as I sniffle into my father's shoulder. Hanging on tightly. Reduced back to a child in a matter of seconds. For once? I don't even care.

Arashiofordo3 fucked around with this message at Jul 13, 2017 around 20:04

  • Locked thread