Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
  • Locked thread
Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?




Freak +2 | Danger +2 | Saviour -1 | Superior +0 | Mundane +0
Potential:
1 | Conditions: None | Location: Meeting Hall


The thing is, Con Rit is a sea serpent. And no longer was the great one-eyed seeress Matakite a prisoner of the seas. So while she assured Sharp-Eye that she would indeed repay the might water wyrm her debt, she wasn't actually planning on doing anything at all ever. She'd deal with it if she got forced out to sea again. Which wasn't going to be any time soon. Watertight plan.

She is leaning back on a chair, which being old and meant to lowly recruit squeaked every time she rocked back and forth. "Question," Matakite does not remember the name of the knight so does not attempt to address him more than informally. "You got smithys and engineers and like here, aye? They can't machine something to fit, like?"

The Reformed posted:

Name: Matakite

Playbook: The Reformed

Look: Woman, Polynesian, Wary amber eye, Traditional fashion, Tattered costume



Labels:

Freak +2 | Danger +2 | Saviour -1 | Superior +0 | Mundane +0

Conditions:

□ Afraid (-2 to directly engage)
□ Angry (-2 to comfort or support or pierce the mask)
□ Guilty (-2 to provoke someone or assess the situation)
□ Insecure (-2 to defend or reject what others say)
□ Hopeless (-2 to unleash your powers)

Abilities:

Genius Intellect Seer
Supernatural insight.

Once in a generation in me village, a little girl is born with amber eyes. And that were me. I could see things others couldn't, how things were going to happen. Visions. A feeling of something good or bad, if I really focus the vision is more and more clear like it's happening right in front of me eyes. And me natural gifts in divination were enhanced by the pounamu eye that replaced my natural left eye. It's a type of greenstone, and this one had been passed down from seeress to seeress for many generations.

Reformed Moves

What the hell, hero?
When you call out an injustice that a hero has perpetrated, roll + Danger. On a hit, take Influence over them. On a 7-9, choose one. On a 10+, choose two.
- You get them to admit their wrongdoing
- You win over an onlooker; take Influence over them
- You don’t turn their attention and anger onto yourself
On a miss, they dismiss you; mark a condition (their choice), shift Danger up, Savior down.

Wrong side of the tracks
You always get to ask an additional question when you pierce the mask of a villain, even on a miss. When you pierce the mask of a hero (your call), add this question to the list:
- what was your darkest moment?

Friends in Low Places

Galene! Weapons - 0 obligation



Frequent shipwrecks prove to be bountiful for those who can scavenge them. One of those being mermaids, unafraid to dive deep to take the best of sunken convoys and deep sea treasures. One of the more loquacious mermaids as well, given to talk to land-walkers over killing and eating them, she has set up a quite successful scavenged weapons dealership along the coast.

Sharp-Eye! Insider info - 2 obligation



This bird man was a temporary crew-mate of Matakite, taking over the birds nest and refusing to leave for several months. Unable to dislodge him without losing the mainsail, this bird man agreed to lookout in exchange for the crows nest. Nobody else much cared for him but Matakite, who herself was something of an outcast amongst the crew. Through their many talks, Matakite and Sharp-Eye became friendly and the seeress learnt that he was very good at seeing and hearing what he wasn't meant to. A little bit similar to Matakite's visions. Except real.

Con Rit, the Dreaded and Awful! Magical artefacts - 2 obligation



Most encounters with sea serpents end with a scuttled ship and a dead crew. But every now and then, one can encounter an intelligent beast. Usually they end up with a scuttled ship and a dead crew too, but not so for Con Rit. He was cleverer than most, and found it to be far more profitable to terrorise island hicks and scare them into worshipping him as a god. Which means tribute. Con Rit, not resting on his laurels, then on-sells the most treasured ones to get specific items or favours that he needs. He is one tricksy dragon.

Moment of Truth

You’ve seen your greatest mistakes, and the rest of the world has, too. ey’re all watching you now, judging every move you make. When everything is on the line and your back is against the wall, though, you’ll show them what you’re made of—that being a hero is a choice. An act of will. And you’ve got what it takes to save the day. Of course, a erward, you can expect both sides, hero and villain, to deeply question where your loyalties truly lie...

Team Moves

When you share a moment of triumph with someone, ask them what gives them hope for a brighter day and give them Influence.

When you share a vulnerability or weakness with someone, ask them what they would do something dark for and gain Influence over them.

Relationships

I’ve earned the trust of Ghorza Rockbiter, and I follow their example of what a hero should be.

> Green lass seems to have her rocks together, aye?

I did something terrible to Lady Fury once. I hope they can forgive me one day.

> I needed a lot of human feathers for a spell, aye? Just so happened the waves of fate found Lady Fury to take them from. Heard the lads treated her mighty rough, like.

Influence

Do you talk openly about your days as a villain? If so, give each team member Influence over you.

When our team first came together…

We fought a terrible enemy from my old life. Who was it and what did they take from me?

Robodog fucked around with this message at May 8, 2017 around 23:41

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?




Freak +2 | Danger +2 | Saviour -1 | Superior +0 | Mundane +0
Potential:
1 | Conditions: None | Location: Meeting Hall


"No just replacing parts? Ah right." Matakite nods thoughtfully. "So like, if we had to get new lungs for Greenie…" She nods towards Ghorza. "Cannae just cut them out and take a nice look while we get another one, aye? More like a living thing than clock, you are."

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?




Freak +2 | Danger +2 | Saviour -1 | Superior +0 | Mundane +0
Potential:
1 | Conditions: None | Location: Meeting Hall


Being a subordinate on the most feared pirate crew on the high seas, Matakite doesn't blink when Drake bellows orders out. She dashes out right to take the flank, drawing out her weapon while moving into position. Stay strong to her upbringing, as distant from it as she now was. she chose to fight with the style of club her island home was famous for. A whalebone patu, easily pulled out from her flax belt and brought to bare. The whalebone had intricate designs carved into it, a sign of boredom and time passed during her stay onboard was clear as the patu was completely covered in the carvings.

Not stopping to coordinate an attack with Lady Fury, Matakite rushes the robots and swings her patu. It totally caves the unit's torso inwards, crumpling the aged metal effortlessly.

quote:

[11:41am] Robodog: rolling to directly engage the brobots on the right flanks in yamis game of fantasy masks
[11:42am] Robodog: .roll 2d6+2
[11:42am] Platonibot: Robodog: 7 (2d6+2=4, 1)
[11:42am] Robodog: whats the thign for 7 on direct engage?
-> Resist or avoid their blows

Robodog fucked around with this message at Apr 10, 2017 around 02:46

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?




Freak +2 | Danger +2 | Saviour -1 | Superior +0 | Mundane +0
Potential:
1 | Conditions: None | Location: Sharville Containment Area


Unwilling to write several novels to fill in a period where she has absolutely nothing to do, Matakite just stands at the back and waits for the inevitable bad thing she felt lurking around to jump out and try to eat one of them. But then she remembers that her power can read these situations. Having a bad feeling about this, she tries to read the waves of fate on just hoe likely it was somebody would get eaten by a robot.

quote:

[8:41pm] Yamifenrir joined the chat room.
[8:47pm] Robodog: unlease seer powers on bad feeling
[8:47pm] Robodog: .roll 2d6+2
[8:47pm] Platonibot: Robodog: 9 (2d6+2=5, 2)
[8:47pm] Theantero joined the chat room.

Robodog fucked around with this message at Apr 11, 2017 around 22:59

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?




Freak +2 | Danger +2 | Saviour -1 | Superior +0 | Mundane +0
Potential:
1 | Conditions: None | Location: Sharville Containment Area


Matakite steps onto the platform, dropping the hand from her head as the vision fades. "We're gonna get attacked by the robot men again, aye?" She loudly calls to the others, craning up to look at Sebastian. "And something is going to try to hurt you." She seems less certain on that. "Couldn't see what, just you shaking something fierce up in the air. Dinnae think the undead do it, but."

Robodog fucked around with this message at Apr 12, 2017 around 00:08

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?




Freak +2 | Danger +2 | Saviour -1 | Superior +0 | Mundane +0
Potential:
1 | Conditions: None | Location: Sharville Containment Area


Matakite searches her mind's eye, but ends up shaking her head to Vane. "It were murky. I could only see people, not things." She answers in a similarly small voice. "Sebastian's up there and twitching, we're under him arguing with it over I don't know. And then those tin machines march on us. That were it."

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?




Freak +2 | Danger +2 | Saviour -1 | Superior +0 | Mundane +0
Potential:
1 | Conditions: None | Location: Sharville Containment Area


Having already tried to see beyond sight and getting murky waters, Matakite decides that being a bit more blunt would be the more useful way to go here. Hopping over the perimeter, patu at the ready, she brings her weapon down and a sharp crack rings out. Whalebone proves stronger and harder than human bones.

Hiting a skellenton and taking thing hitting thing of no damage in return
[9:46pm] Robodog: punching then
[9:46pm] Robodog: .roll 2d6+2
[9:46pm] Robodog: fuckign bot
[9:46pm] Yamifenrir: use !
[9:46pm] Robodog: !roll 2d6+2
[9:46pm] Krysmbot: Robodog, 6+2 = 8

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?




Freak +2 | Danger +2 | Saviour -1 | Superior +0 | Mundane +0
Potential:
1 | Conditions: None | Location: Sharville Containment Area


What separated Matakite from the rest of her allies was that she was not in the least bit grandiose. She didn't need to grandstand and show off to friends or enemies. No flashy sword strokes to disarm a simple skeleton. No conjuring up ancient powers to blast through the undead hoard. Matakite was a simple lass. She just keeps swinging her patu. Smashing a ribcage here, destroying a spinal column there, collapsing more than one skull. She smashes through one skeleton. And another. And another. She crashes through her enemy again and again and again, utterly relentless. And even the undead can see the cold, unyielding fury in her eye. It was a sight that frightened them to their bones.

• resist or avoid their blows + • impress, surprise, or frighten the opposition

quote:

[11:05am] Robodog: punch a skellytone
[11:06am] Atlatl: punch all of them
[11:06am] Atlatl: instead
[11:06am] Robodog: !roll 2d6+2
[11:06am] Krysmbot: Robodog, 8+2 = 10
[11:06am] Atlatl: nailed it
[11:06am] Robodog: i think 10 lets me punch all of them

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?




Freak +2 | Danger +2 | Saviour -1 | Superior +0 | Mundane +0
Potential:
1 | Conditions: None | Location: Sharville Containment Area


As bad as her captain was, he had a simple theory that kept him safe for many years on the seas. You can't lose if the other ship is sunk first. Matakite had taken that to heart, crippling skeletons and smashing bones before they even had a chance to grab at her. Somewhere out there, lost amongst the seas, her tribe would be feeling proud of their seeress defeating a foe without mercy. And probably her comrades here would be glad that she has thinned out the skeleton hoard to a mere handful.

When there is nothing else to hit, Matakite stops and breathes deep.

"Dinnae know I missed a good fight so much." She smirks to herself, unable to not show some pride in the destruction left behind her. Along with Sentinel, who didn't seem to have had as much luck in the destruction stakes as she had. Perhaps it was just a case of too much bravado, and not enough action to back it all up. But there wasn't time to dissect battle techniques here, as more skeletons walk up and begin to harass the others.

"Sentinel!" Matakite slaps his shoulder with her patu. "We need t' hit the magi!"

Changes for Sentinel!!! -Superior and +Mundane. And going to charge in and hit the closest water/ice mage skelly e: *Resist or avoid their blows / *Create an opportunity for your allies (to break out of the magic)

quote:

Robodog: direct attack thing on a magic bone
[12:06pm] Robodog: !roll 2d6+2
[12:06pm] Krysmbot: Robodog, 9+2 = 11
[12:07pm] Robodog: matakite is stronk

Robodog fucked around with this message at Apr 28, 2017 around 02:14

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?




Freak +2 | Danger +2 | Saviour -1 | Superior +0 | Mundane +0
Potential:
1 | Conditions: None | Location: Sharville Containment Area


Matakite moves, part of it to engage the mages, and part of it because her body was screaming at her to get away from where she was just standing. There is no time to call out over the din of battle to warn the others, and soon there is a gaping hole cracked through the middle of the battlefield and Matakite finds herself back-to-back with Sentinel yet again.

"drat it and hells!" She curses, as she finds herself in close-quarters with the magi. There is not even time to assess how the rest of the team were on the other side of the crevasse. "Get that blade ready!" Matakite holds her own patu above her head aggressively. "Hit th' same bag a' bones, an' we bring 'em down one by one!"

Hitting the fire skelly, and resist or avoid their blows!

quote:

SidekickBOT - Today at 10:36 AM
@Robodog: 2d6+2 punch a bone? = (3+4)+2 = 9

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?




Freak +2 | Danger +2 | Saviour -1 | Superior +0 | Mundane +0
Potential:
1 | Conditions: None | Location: Sharville Containment Area


…well, this is unexpected. And for a seeress, that is truely a novel feeling.

Matakite can only offer a shrug towards Drake. "You want me ta' hit hard? I can do that." Is all she offers in comment. She was used to dealing with monsters on the sea, sure, but actual huge creatures from other dimensions? She was actually a little stunned. Enough so that she hadn't smashed the other skeleton on instinct yet at all.

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?




Freak +2 | Danger +2 | Saviour -1 | Superior +0 | Mundane +0
Potential:
1 | Conditions: None | Location: Sharville Containment Area


The plan agreed on, Matakite does her part. Which, right now, was waiting for an opening to charge at the foul thing and then thrash it. Easy to say, hard to put intro practice. Nobody was in position yet and a bigger bridge had to be raised for them all to get across to the monster. So, in those moments of calm before the storm of battle, Matakite closed her eye and dipped into the seas of fate.

The others were gone. The calm ocean was all around her, earthly concerns gone for just this moment. She was but the greenstone eye, the pounamu drifting down calmly through the ocean. But the eye turns. There. An oyster, monstrously sized lay before it. Mouthing opening for a split second, then shutting close again with the strength to cut a man in half. But instead of a pearl, Gateway was the treasure caught inside the hard impenetrable shell. The water around them both then slowly begins to come to a stop, and solidifies into dark sludge. Just like the beast before Matakite in reality.

Her eye snaps open. "Gateway's stuck in a shell!" She announces abruptly. "In th' middle, once we cut through th' bone an' all, Gateway's stuck inside a shell. We cannae just grab her."

@Robodog: 2d6+2 Matakite seeing into the waves of fate to see how to get to the core the most easy way without getting eaten or w/e = (5+4)+2 = 11

yamster the Gm posted:

here's one: you see that inside all the shifting bone there's actually a rigid shell encasing Gateway - you'll need to make the mosnter vulnerable TWICE before you can "take away" gateway from it - but doing so will destroy the monster instantly

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?




Freak +2 | Danger +2 | Saviour -1 | Superior +0 | Mundane +0
Potential:
1 | Conditions: None | Location: Sharville Containment Area


No, this won't be a clean victory. That became clear the moment Red Errant disappeared down below. But good victories, hard-earnt victories, are never clean. They're covered in mud and blood, with sweat stained clothes, chipped weapons and dented armour. Many victories Matakite took part in on the seas saw her drenched to the bone and picking splinters out of her arms. But they were the victories most fondly remembered, the ones where she triumphed against the odds she saw in the strings of fate. With a bit of luck, today will be one of those days.

"We're right behind you, Ghorza!" Matakite shouts, roaring almost as loudly as the orcesses' wyvern. "Vane! Sentinel!" She calls. "It's just bone an' blood! Nothin' you haven't put a sword through before!" Knowing that Gateway was safe behind a shell, Matakite had no reason to hold herself back. Charging towards the monster, chasing the wake of Daisy's fire, Matakite hits the damned thing like she was trying to punch through a tree.

Bashing the monster thanks to the wyvern opportunity, and resist or avoid their blows i will just scare the monster maori style i guess I GET TWO NOW so create an opportunity for your allies • impress, surprise, or frighten the opposition

quote:

@Robodog: 2d6+2 direct engage blood and bone monster thing? = (5+2)+2 = 9 TEN thanks to team from firemage1!!!!

Robodog fucked around with this message at May 12, 2017 around 23:26

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?




Freak +2 | Danger +2 | Saviour -1 | Superior +0 | Mundane +0
Potential:
2 | Conditions: None | Location: Sharville Containment Area


A lot of things Matakite tries to beat to death with her club get frightened of her, but a huge monster of flesh and bone? That was a new one. And it didn't have a reason to really be frightened, the bones she broke started to heal up right away. This had to be something else. Like, a magical something else. Which on Matakite meant her eye or the tribe she came from. The scrimshaw on the club? Just random patterns she thought up in her head. Except her head wasn't just hers, not with the pounamu lodged in her head. Maybe that had something to do with it?

Something to investigate when you're not grabbed by a huge ungodly creature and slammed face first into the floor. Good thing it wasn't the first time Matakite had tried to headbutt the ground. The single saving grace keeps her conscious and fighting, little more than a bloody nose to show for it. Even with her club dangling out of reach, it doesn't stop Matakite from fighting. Her free foot stomps the hand, and then she reaches for it with both of her own to yank at it as hard as it had pulled her. As she pulls the arm free, the whole beast thankfully starts to collapse in on itself. The plan must have worked.

"Ugh." Matakite moans as she pushes herself up, nose out of place and bleeding a little. "Cheers for the help, Nirian. Big bloody assist."

Powerful Blow WEATHERED!!!! Matakite OP. potential marked!

quote:

SidekickBOT - Today at 1:37 AM
@Robodog: 2d6 taking a powerful blow from the bad monster man = (3+3) = 6

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?




Freak +2 | Danger +2 | Saviour -1 | Superior +0 | Mundane +0
Potential:
2 | Conditions: None | Location: Sharville Containment Area


"Oh yeah, Matakite. Great job there, bashing everything up and not missin' one single step there. Literally couldn't have done nothing if you were there with us. Cheers, mate." Matakite, watching the beaten and bloody group self congratulate themselves, mutters aloud. She just fiddles with her sewn up up and shakes her head. "Work twice as bloody 'ard and get less than bollocks for it. Dinnae know why I bothered leavin' the bloody ship."

Sighing, Matakite wraps the strap of her club back around her belt and turns to the faded body of the monster. Where Gateway still was, saying ow. "Alright there, luv?" She asks, stepping over. "How 'bout we get you bandaged up, eh?" She doesn't really ask since of course bleeding wounds needed to get seen to. She shoves an arm around Gateway and holds her up so she doesn't collapse or anything.

Robodog fucked around with this message at May 26, 2017 around 14:50

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?




Freak +2 | Danger +2 | Saviour -1 | Superior +0 | Mundane +0
Potential:
2 | Conditions: None | Location: Sharville Containment Area


"Well, you were busy buggering off an' doin' yer nails or somethin', so somebody had to step up." Matakite fires back at Nirian with a very fake smile on her lips.

When the flighty prophetess gets to healing Gateway, Matakite steps aside to let Vane and Lady Fury assist Nirian. Dead helpful, her magic looked. A drat sight more than just seeing the future, thats for sure. She lets the three get to work on keeping Gateway from bleeding out. And when Nirian then asks for a volunteer to hold, Matakite sighs and trudges over to hold the wyvern down. Odds were she was the only one strong enough to keep the best still while Ghorza kept her calm.

"Confront Sebastian?" Matakite questions. "Like, fulfil me vision an' have everything go t'poo poo with being attacked by them metal men again?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?




Freak +2 | Danger +2 | Saviour -1 | Superior +0 | Mundane +0
Potential:
3 | Conditions: None | Location: Sharville Containment Area


Matakite can't help but smirk at the compliment. "Cheers, mate. An' you weren't too bad yourself, Ghorza. Almost fought like a pirate, you did." She nods, Daisy in good hands between the two of them and Nirian's magic. "Dinnae know either." Matakite shrugs. "I'll take that drink. But always paid f'r me an' mine in salt and blood. But I dinnae think this lot would take kindly to the pirate way. And doubly since, you know, I was meant t' give all that up when I came on land." She shrugs, never having asked to join the pirate life or to get kicked out of it. "S'pose it's not too different from your good self. Just 'cuz I look like this lot don't mean I know them any more than you do."

When time cam to confront Sebastian, Matakite didn't put much hope in her vision being proven wrong, or the future being meddled with enough to change it. As such, she kept a hand firmly gripped on her club. "They're still humans, yeah? Just, like, missin' the meat bits. I got an eye missin' an' I'm still human." She reasons.

Marking potential

  • Locked thread