Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

:supaburn: BASEBALL IS BACK :supaburn:

Also team USA finally won the WBC! :911:

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Hey I don't remember if this got posted already but the Meet The Teams thread is up. Go tell us why we should root for your team, otherwise all the newcomers are going to turn into Cubs, Yankees, or Giants fans! Or worse, Mariners and Astros fans.

MLB.tv Sharing Thread

Jose Oquendo posted:

Well guys, I'm gonna live on the edge another year:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3810860

Let's give it a shot and hope for the best.

I might put more stuff in here later but I'm watching WrestleMania and then playing Mass Effect and tomorrow I'm going to Opening Day so who knows!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av
N: Brosuna is on the DL and the Jays released Upton

V: RIP

And Osuna's velocity has been down quite a bit this year - not a good sign for a 22 year old

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Upton is going to sign somewhere and win a ring, book it.

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer
baseball is back

N:

V: madbum is good

giants are not

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
Cubs on pace for 0-162

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

I'm on day 1 of "trying to name a San Diego Padre baseball player without looking it up" I will keep the thread updated as the year progresses.

Right now if I were put on the spot I would say Wil Venable and....Carlos Quentin??

But I'll get better as the season goes on.

Petanque
Apr 14, 2008

Ca va bien aller

Tom Gorman posted:

I'm on day 1 of "trying to name a San Diego Padre baseball player without looking it up" I will keep the thread updated as the year progresses.

Right now if I were put on the spot I would say Wil Venable and....Carlos Quentin??

I know Jered Weaver is there because it's a very fitting place for him to end up.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Kalenn Istarion posted:

N: Brosuna is on the DL and the Jays released Upton

V: RIP

And Osuna's velocity has been down quite a bit this year - not a good sign for a 22 year old

Hes got a bad neck/back he'll be fine.

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Noblest of all dogs is the hot-dog; it feeds the hand that bites it.

Tom Gorman posted:

Never forget Yangervis.

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

Hes got a bad neck/back he'll be fine.

The drop in V was persistent through preseason. It's more concerning than him being on the DL frankly.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
I made a joke about cardinals fans leaving early on mlb's twitter account and hooooooly poo poo are cards fans thin skinned

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

I made a joke about cardinals fans leaving early on mlb's twitter account and hooooooly poo poo are cards fans thin skinned

You're not allowed to post this without linking the tweet or at least some responses

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

IcePhoenix posted:

You're not allowed to post this without linking the tweet or at least some responses

https://twitter.com/HOTLANTA_MAN/status/848755150122618880
https://twitter.com/DerekMouse/status/848755575034966016
https://twitter.com/Josh_thomas98/status/848755404641325056
https://twitter.com/Ticonderoguh/status/848755865905750016
https://twitter.com/yadifan04/status/848770581759741956
https://twitter.com/itz_the_emister/status/848777442634366976

IT WAS A SCHOOL NIGHT :qq:

patonthebach
Aug 22, 2016

by R. Guyovich
Congrats on the twitter handle Sgt. Fart.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
gently caress Randall Grichuck. That is all.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Let Pedro Strop be a lesson in missing your spot. Don't do it. Also, the Cubs only have one left in the 'pen, so why the gently caress was he the one pitching to Grichuk with a day off today?

tadashi fucked around with this message at 13:12 on Apr 3, 2017

SnakeParty
Oct 30, 2011
I just wanna say that in spite of the cubbies loss I'm so happy baseballs back. What a game! The game aired at 3am here but I got to listen during the later innings. Bonus: got to listen at work during first day of sowing watermelons in the field.

In short; Cubs lose, ban joe maddon, trade them all, sell the team, etc.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

If additional fuel for the Bumgarner mythos is the price we must pay for continuing epic Giants bullpen collapses, then so be it. Dude can hit 300 dingers this year for all I care, as long as the Giants are going to lose them all anyway.

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE
Happy (real) Opening Day y'all

Watch this: http://m.mlb.com/video/topic/8878736/v1250362483/ranger-things

It may be the best baseball promo in a while

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

KIM JONG TRILL posted:

Happy (real) Opening Day y'all

Watch this: http://m.mlb.com/video/topic/8878736/v1250362483/ranger-things

It may be the best baseball promo in a while

This is adorable and wonderful.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
for me I don't think anything can beat ryan goins asking jerry howarth to record a 'ryan can't come to the phone right now cause he's "goins goins gone' voicemail message.

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

The Walrus posted:

for me I don't think anything can beat ryan goins asking jerry howarth to record a 'ryan can't come to the phone right now cause he's "goins goins gone' voicemail message.

Especially funny since Goins is incapable of hitting homers

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!
That was a tough final spring training game for the Cubs last night.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Nail Rat posted:

Same for the Yankees, but hey, lets see what happens in their first games tomorrow!

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Apparently MadBum's 2 home runs set a record - the only time a pitcher that's gotten 2 hits (let alone home runs) in an opening day start. It appears pitchers aren't very good at hitting!

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
Cards win and are discussing an early contract for Piscotty.

I'm glad Matheny wasn't able to manage a gem from Martinez into a loss last night. Thanks Grichuk.

:lol: at Oh throwing nearly 40 pitches on opening night.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

N:

V: I do declare

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
N: BEIS

V: BOL

I'm actually really excited to watch the Braves this year and no shut up they're gonna be good i cant hear you lalalalala

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.

Joey Freshwater posted:

I'm actually really excited to watch the Braves this year and no shut up they're gonna be good i cant hear you lalalalala

I'm excited and eager to watch because I know they'll be bad again this year and I can just look for gradual improvement. Next year when results are expected will be a lot more agonizing.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, that's a more reasonable approach. I just hope Dansby is as good as advertised otherwise i'm gonna feel silly

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.

Joey Freshwater posted:

Yeah, that's a more reasonable approach. I just hope Dansby is as good as advertised otherwise i'm gonna feel silly

Give him time, he'll be a solid player but he likely needs more game time to get there. I'm prepared for even really long slumps etc, the only bad thing would be a serious injury. :ohdear:

Just think about that Swanson-Albies combo in 2 or 3 years' time...

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

tadashi posted:

N:

V: I do declare

Let's watch as Chipper gradually morphs into James Hetfield but with the wardrobe of one of the dudes in Reel Big Fish

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast

Nail Rat posted:

That was a really fun game, although I could have lived without the late-inning heart attack. Reading the comments on Bleed Cubbie Blue is oddly reassuring; bitter and slightly delusional fans who use hyperbole and poor spelling truly are everywhere, not just in St. Louis.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Suffering withdrawals already, MLB needs to extend the season so I don't have to deal with off days.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Go Sawx :toot:

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Pancakes posted:

That was a really fun game, although I could have lived without the late-inning heart attack. Reading the comments on Bleed Cubbie Blue is oddly reassuring; bitter and slightly delusional fans who use hyperbole and poor spelling truly are everywhere, not just in St. Louis.

I'm enjoying the comments from both sides on the Baez vs White Sign debacle. Like yes, it probably gave the Cardinals a run, but if you think they weren't going to score enough in B9 to win anyway you're delusional. Grichuk's hit alone would've tied it (assuming it is 3-1 going into that half inning and everything else remained the same).

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

N:
https://twitter.com/morsecode/status/848913414042857472

V: :stare:

ego symphonic
Feb 23, 2010

I'm just sitting here at work refreshing the mlb.tv landing page every 5 minutes waiting for it to be 1:00 already

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Nail Rat posted:

I had flashbacks to the Opening Day where Fukudome hit a 3-run homer to tie the game in the 9th and then the Cubs lost in extras.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

ego symphonic posted:

I'm just sitting here at work refreshing the mlb.tv landing page every 5 minutes waiting for it to be 1:00 already

Same. I don't think my companies network allows streaming though and I don't have unlimited data on my phone. The one day I come into the office the Braves have a day game.

• Locked thread