Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

Thanks, Thread, for reminding me of this game. My first playthrough was great "fun" and I am looking forward to playing this again while vaguely remembering solutions.

So here's a thing I always wondered about the first sequence where you get chased by those men: are the people here... masked? Or are they faceless?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Shady Amish Terror posted:

Yeah, I don't know if we're going to get the full story spelled out, but looking at all the elements of the world so far and trying to fit them into some kind of coherent whole seems to suggest a very ugly, bleak dystopia. It's unclear if the boy, his captors, the drones, or the water nymphs are even human in the traditional sense, but given all the other trappings of farms and roads and trucks the implication seems to be that 'those happy few' in the masks are directing some sort of large facility founded on mind control and mad science. If that's the case, then the nymphs were probably human too; the cable could be related to their creation, though whether the nymph in question was feeling unusually compassionate or following some sort of programming isn't particularly clear either. We also still don't know for sure how the boy fits into everything, though the fact he started in a forest with windowed canisters like the controlled environment that the labs had is certainly suggestive.

I do wonder if there's supposed to be a sense of ongoing (or recently concluded) conflict. The pressure waves and the collapsed facilities don't seem...productive and orderly in the way a place run off of mind-controlled slave labor otherwise seems like it should.

One of the things I always wondered is about that early worker drone segment. You march along, pretending to be a drone, and while it makes sense that there are guards and guard dogs, search lights etc you also see regular people on the sideline. It almost looks like a family watching. Are they shopping for slave labor? Trying to spot a lost relative?

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Drones are so weird. Even the detached limbs seem to move on their own.

Xander77 posted:

Exactly why I stopped playing.

I dunno sounds like an incentive to keep going to me!

Mindblast fucked around with this message at 12:19 on May 3, 2017

• Locked thread