Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kernel Monsoon
Jul 18, 2006
Cool new thread! I've closed the old one just to be sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kernel Monsoon
Jul 18, 2006

This is the first i've seen of this story and it makes me very happy. Here's some of my favourites:

Infinite recursive cheese.

Dr. Cogwerks posted:

There was a change made recently to let piles of burning weed give off THC smoke, and anything else with reagents would release them when set on fire.
PROBLEM: Someone brought cheese into chemistry. Maybe they had eaten it, maybe it was in a soup cup laying around, I don't really know. In any case, it caused one of the better bugs I've seen in awhile.

-Chlorine trifluoride foam set the cheese on fire, releasing cheese smoke.
-Cheese smoke flooded chemistry, creating more pieces of cheese on the floors.
-The floors that were still covered in chlorine trifluoride.
-A couple dozen new pieces of cheese caught on fire, each one releasing cheese smoke.
-Which deposited exponentially more cheese onto the floors where it would catch on fire again and again and again and...
- :suicide:

Hero Monkey:

Angry Diplomat posted:

When I handed the auth disk to a random helpful monkey, I was thinking, "oh poo poo, nobody will expect a monkey to have the disk. This is the best idea ever!" I could never have known how incredibly, fatefully right I was.

Daeren posted:

For those who weren't in the round, Angry was the captain and gave the disk to the monkey. I and a bunch of other guys, meanwhile, were syndicates, and for a bunch of people really rusty at the role with only a loose plan, we were actually terrifyingly efficient. We bombed telescience, the armory, genetics, the captain's quarters, and chemistry all in about the same span of time and descended on the station like locusts, running to each other's rescue and murdering/spacing at least half a dozen people who came to the brig to stop us, including the captain. However, we noticed the captain didn't have the disk, so we went on a giant manhunt for it before we put two and two together from radio announcements, realizing a monkey was running around with it. When I found it, well...this is a pretty accurate summation.

The monkey drat near shot me into critical when I found it in the hallway, and I chased it into QM where I had it cornered for the rest of the living syndicates when a guy signed on as HoS, walked down the hallways, saw me, and stunned me before shooting me into critical. I blew myself up out of spite, and watched as the monkey juked pretty much everybody on the station, having somehow stolen an emag. It made it to the escape shuttle while the two people left alive protected it, and it emagged the console to make it escape early before the syndicates could kill it and steal the disk.

Angry Diplomat posted:

Also don't forget that the monkey paused near the end of the round, pulled out a piece of paper, labeled it I WON'T LET YOU DOWN CAPTAIN, dropped it and pointed at it so that the ghosts could see his message. The greatest monkey

e: Also also don't forget that he initially got that revolver by stealing it from a Syndicate agent. He started with a flash, graduated to a stun baton, then used that to procure the revolver, all from Syndies. Pretty much all of deadchat was cheering and going completely loving crazy while this magnificent little ape turned a tragic last stand into a mythic victory. When he gunned Daeren down even one of the dead Syndies started cheering him on, because god drat.

e: I believe a Syndicate agent was trying to stun the monkey with it while he hid under tables in the bar. He succeeded only in arming the monkey further.

Kernel Monsoon
Jul 18, 2006

The correct answer.

Kernel Monsoon
Jul 18, 2006
I remember all of the engines, and they were always primarily designed with the potential to kill everyone. That's why most of them had a big "engine eject" button.

Loading people onto the catapult and firing them into the engine was pretty good though.

Kernel Monsoon
Jul 18, 2006
can confirm that coders were finding horrible poo poo in the codebase that mport had hardcoded to his advantage for several years. I don't even think hiding weapons in the walls was the worst of it. Also, welcome back mport!

Kernel Monsoon fucked around with this message at 11:47 on May 24, 2020