Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

Haine posted:

Yeah basically just this. They've always been my favorite animal and I like spriting stuff, so I just kinda naturally end up spriting birds when I'm bored and can't think of anything better. Then I add them to goonstation because I hope to one day transform it into Bird Station 13. Also because playing as a crow that yells at people to do drugs is funny to me.

I gave haine the avatar. I've also repeatedly murdered said crow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

Darkman Fanpage posted:

actually it's funny making borg armies

i once borged the brain from a dead wizard who ressurected via soulshield. It ripped him from his new body to the borg where he promptly flipped the gently caress out at me. It was amazing.

I also Borged the same traitor twice in a round. First time he ran off as the borg and cursed me off, pushing someone to re human him. Second time he ran off for rehumaning only to come back and brutally murder me.

Never not borg antags.

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

monolithburger posted:

Katamari Trash Cart is the best way to play janitor.

Give the janitor a floor sweeper that can pick up stuff. Be rewired to rip up tile, and emagged to remove floors to space.

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

Michaellaneous posted:

You should be able to wire some explosives to the Trash Cart, and depending on the amount of stuff in the cart, and the strength of the explosive, you get a big bang with random poo poo flying everywhere.

Mousetrap pipe bomb work on those?

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

Bozart posted:

I wish there was one that made them fart :allears:

Fill it with egg?

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

Bozart posted:

I wish there was one that made them fart :allears:

Fill it with egg?

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

ChaseSP posted:

Either you come up with a fun gimmick to play as or you go insane.

I wasn't aware if that was ever a thing and I've done code diving to look at disabled chems before.

Doesnt THE MONSTER give you a lethal amount of porktonium?

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

reignofevil posted:

Seriously tho it isn't that hard to figure out just follow him around as a ghost and if he keeps getting away with nefarious poo poo he's probably evil.

Edit

That's nothin! I got banned from this very goonserver for using the name bonghits4jesus while doing pacifist runs back in '10!

I ran around as Dick Nipples for the longest time.

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

Angry Diplomat posted:

In one Dwarf Fortress fort my husband ran, there was a belligerent cave crocodile that kept harassing all the dwarves and even sent a couple to the hospital. At one point a miner hit it in the head with her pick and gave it brain damage, and it thereafter spent 99% of its time lying around unconscious, waking up only long enough to give a fisherdwarf a good scare before lapsing back into its slumber. The dwarves spent so much time stepping over this unconscious crocodile that they actually gave the loving thing a nickname, as if they'd decided, "yeah this fellow really shouldn't be here, but he's not really able to hurt anything, and he's been around so long that the place just wouldn't be the same without him." So they just had this murderous unconscious brain-damaged cave crocodile that lay around just outside the fort, staring into space with its mouth open while they walked past and affectionately patted it on its dented head.

Whenever I see Motherfucker post in this thread, I think of that cave crocodile.

What was the nickname they gave the croc?

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

Luigi Thirty posted:

A revolutionary held me, the only sec, hostage in a locker and said he’d crush me if the AI didn’t unlock its core. He threw the locker into the crusher belt and nothing happened. Apparently a Clown Car that I’d thrown down there earlier in the round broke it due to :byond: and we had a big laugh.

Clown cars and ai cores are uncrusherable.

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

pnutz posted:

this is interesting to know.

still, it doesn't stop people running into the wall of the crusher and throwing everyone out :frogout:

it makes clown cars, when they spawn, really loving hard to permanently get rid of. people will belt hell them and forget or try to sell to qm, neither of which do anything.

The other big issue with clowncars is picking up a mutant with the irradiated gene. It'll promptly rad up everyone in the car to lethal levels. I think its based on per step exposure and therefore you move a few squares and eveyone is all radded up. The other fun i have with the car is mixing liquid dark matter while inside it.

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

reignofevil posted:

I don't get CM.

I do get a mission impossible crazed violinist dodging and juking from his own comrades as they desperately try to silence him.

CM is where the tryhard gun loving TURDS commandos went after we purged that shittery from goonstation

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

What do syndicate cyborg parts do?

Emag removes the protect humans law. Basically letting them do whatever they want.

Syndieborg body includes a 4th law that overrides 1-3 to make the traitor boss.

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

Dieting Hippo posted:

i've gotten really good at spawning bee buddies.

the neat thing about barf-spawning bees is they get your hair color, so i get a legion of adorable green bodyguards to keep me safe.

You're not a master until you spawn a giant bee or a beebot.

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

Darkman Fanpage posted:

all ai are rogue until proven otherwise. if not rogue in fact than at least rogue in spitit.

If not rogue in fact, then rogue in hue.

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

GWBBQ posted:

Does anyone else have multiple monitors and have a problem with in-game windows like the job selection screen popping up off screen where it can't be seen or recovered?

Yup. Dont have the game on your nonprimary monitor i believe.

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

Isaac posted:

When i try and explain ss13 to someone i get a sentence or two in and wish i hadnt started

Its a multiplayer sealab 2021 where most players try to be captain murphy, but usually end up being hesh.

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

Dieting Hippo posted:

in a quest to get DOOM running in BYOND, i decided that mapping out cog1 was a doable and sane idea. may god have mercy on me.

https://twitter.com/dietinghippo/status/941226498664497153

supplementary music:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzPpWInAiOg

Some people just hate themselves so much.

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

Neddy Seagoon posted:

The greatest joy in life is accidentally opening a transfer valve and immediately shutting it, wondering if you managed to actually close it in ti-:gibs:

My recent highpoint is traveling the mail system as a monkey with grenades. I would prime and drop them as i passed under rooms.

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

Weeping Wound posted:

welded LOCKERS, on the other hand... :toughguy:

Footholes in a welded floorlocker makes you invisible, its great.

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

Angry Diplomat posted:

Well yeah but that's only for weed. You only need an insane quantity of whatever you're making if it's weed

Random botany question, but do synthbutt plants self fertilize their pots? If not, why not?

Also, can you infuse synthlimb plants with nanites for borg limbs? Or something else to make them punch/kick nearby people?

frodnonnag fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Mar 30, 2018

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

EclecticTastes posted:

Law of Conservation of Mass.

poo poo.

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

Isaac posted:

One day im gonna see what output you can get with burning paper

The real goal is to see what output you get with burning crewmembers.

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

Malpais Legate posted:

From my experience, crew members are very inefficient sources of fuel. The supply is finite and retrieval is more effort than it's worth.

But don't let that stop you from trying.

Master quest, hellburn greytide.

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

PopeCrunch posted:

Cogs pops up in IRC every so often and is doing well, but no, that's not who has returned.

Hint: This person used to have their very own caveat in the rules

Is it lourde doome?

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

Lord Doom posted:

In my absence, this game has become beautified. Genetics is beautiful now instead of some text hell (heh), medbay is overcomplicated, and the bees. Oh, the bees.

Speaking of batteries are they still one of the most damaging and easy to acquire handheld weapons? Asking for a friend.

You should learn mechanics. Or be given the teleporter helper site. There are so many wonderful things we could do.

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

Lord Doom posted:

We shall join forces and spread love once again, frog nads.

Hit me up on the goonstation discord you shitler

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

Darkman Fanpage posted:

I demand more angry monkeys. Also we need to put the monkey virus game mode into rotation because there’s nothing funnier than player monkeys tearing apart the station.

Animal pheremones traitor item. Splashed/injected chem, makes all critters in range hostile as long as its in a player's system or on their clothes. Players nearby get messages like "you really wanna punch this jerk in the face!"

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

Luigi Thirty posted:

Monkeys are ideal test subjects because they have the same stats and effects and internal processing that players do.

Staff Assistants have the bonus of being able to talk and they are less violent than monkeys though.

Less robust maybe. But not less violent.

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

Motherfucker posted:

What, you guys don't like vorestation?!

The less said about vore station the better, motherfucker.

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007
So the crew outfits for oshan are gonna look very sealab 2021, right?

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

Goast posted:

bring this back and instant tabling, also the nerd security that ran around with their stun batons out

Goddamn tabling was amazing(ly broken and poo poo). Grab the captain in a moment of lag, stuff him on a table, shift him over and over as you strip him naked and steal his gun, and murder him with it and there isn't a single damned thing he can do in defense. There were spots you could grab someone, toss them on a table and then shift them over and they would be stuck. Or you could go to the line at the hop desk and start feeding people into his area.

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

Neddy Seagoon posted:

:wrong:

Try having a cyborg waiting at the other end playing the wah-wah-waaaah sound effect as they teleport in and suffocate to death.

Failure. How can they hear the sound when there is no air?

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

Mors Rattus posted:

'not being difficult' and 'people gently caress it up all the time' are not mutually exclusive, especially in SS13

We are talking about people who regularly beat themselves to death with their own shoes and blindly walk out of airlocks afterall.

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

Tenasscity posted:

Does this sound like a challenge to anyone else?

The challenge comes from when everything starts to break, then you start needing to robust or evade everyone.

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

rndmnmbr posted:

I can packet-hack doors, but is there an actual tutorial on going at it with a full toolbelt and not electrifying it? FFS, I have better luck with tearing down reinforced walls than door hacking. Alternatively is there a way to add the packet sniffer/sender to my PDA if I don't come default with it?

Steal/trade/loot a pair of insulated gloves.
Find an out of the way door and pry open the panel, snip the lines until you find which one drops the bolts and note it. Go to the door you want and cut all lines but that one, prybar it open.

Alternatively: to fix the door you bolted, mend all wires and pulse the one you cut that dropped them.

Hardmode: pulsing lines will tell you what each does via subtle hints, you can probably pulse the right combo to let you in, electrify trap or disable the id scan or poo poo, but it's just easier to full disable and pry, since you need gloves to do that anyway.

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

dmboogie posted:

ooh, I like this and have a wonderful idea: stowaways spawn in a random locker somewhere in the station.

you're preparing to have another uneventful day as quartermaster when some rear end in a top hat kicks his way out of your uniform locker, screams, and flushes himself down disposals

Only if there is a decent chance the locker is locked upon spawn.

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007
I've always said a heavily modded minecraft would have been best as a base. Its already got so many of the base mechanics we'd need.

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

cock hero flux posted:

arresting a traitor in order to let them go a minute later is just about the worst thing you can do. not only does it not add to the tension at all(if getting arrested means being inconvenienced for less than 2 minutes it really isn't worth worrying about), but if they are just trying to do some gimmick you're only interfering with it. So you're completely failing to add to the first kind of entertainment(tension) and actively hindering the second kind(gimmicks).

the correct thing to do when you catch a confirmed antagonist is execute them in the most elaborate way you can manage. Stunning them, cuffing them, and then clubbing them to death is very dull and should be reserved for rampagers. Instead, fire them out the chapel mass driver, throw them into the crusher, build an electic chair, get telescience to beam them into the engine furnace chamber, give them to genetics, etc. This provides tension(if the antagonist is caught, he can reasonably expect that you're going to kill him and thus he will not want to be caught), it can be a fun gimmick if you come up with weird poo poo(I used to throw traitors with no jumpsuits in a plasma filled room with a mechanical toolbox and an emergency oxygen tank and tell them if they could get out without burning to death or suffocating they were cleared), but the most important part is that doing stupid bond villain style executions adds points of failure to the process that the traitor can try to use to escape and go on the run. Escaping from a death trap is far more interesting than getting caught murdering someone by security and having them go "aw shucks" and send you on your way with a hearty slap on the bum.

See this wall of text? It's full of bullshit and terrible opinions. Summary execution is garbage and bad.

You are the foil to the antag's shenanigans. Summary execution of a jaywalking tier antag is bad and you should feel bad. This leads to boring rounds and antags pushing murder sprees because youre there clamping down on fun poo poo. You should hinder, hassle and hound an antag, keeping them on their toes and mobile, but never completely shut them down. If you want to summarily execute, thats what vamps, syndi, and lings are for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

cock hero flux posted:

Obviously you don't execute a guy who hasn't done anything traitorous yet other than spawn gear. If they haven't done anything and you've just bumbled into them spawning their gear or something, that's when catch and release is the right way to go. The problem comes when you're letting people off after they've been going around blowing poo poo up, killing people, etc. If they've been successfully doing traitor stuff, then some big stupid execution is what needs to happen when you catch them.

And on the subject of jaywalking tier antags, antags who do harmless gimmicks usually aren't particularly interesting and threatening death at them is a good way to make them try to do something at least vaguely exciting to get out of it instead of continuing to spend the round doing nothing.

Harmless gimmick antags aren't boring, you are. If an antag is goofing off and roping other people into their enjoyment, don't piss on their parade and murder them. Hassle the antag to provide a foil to their shenanigans and introduce more action into it, but don't simply shut them down.