Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Virulence posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URJ_qSXruW0

I guess this video happened and pop exploded today.

"Space Station 13: 10/10, Amazing, Spectacular, Don't Play It"

accurate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

SugarAddict posted:

Spread a virus that makes people uncontrollably chain fart and scream.

how will you be able to tell the difference from normal

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Greader posted:

Holy hell, I was wondering why there were five servers up when I checked the goon hub. Normally I find high-pop rounds a little too chaotic for my tastes but if it ever gets that high again I need to check it out because it just sounds like utter insanity.

Playing sec with that many greyshirts running around must be impossible, the one time where I feel bad for them.

how long has it been since there was a proper Greyshirt Horde around

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Vengarr posted:

Actually getting the engine going isn't too hard. Getting enough power to use the PTL is hurting my brain, though. Can you even generate enough power to use it without a hellburn?

from what i understand the PTL was specifically made so people had something to do with all that hellburn energy

e: besides melt assistants who walked too close to the sauna, anyway

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Mar 23, 2019

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

verbal enema posted:

when i read ss13 stories i imagine them as the best loving soap opera ever

insanely handsome man with a clown nose/makeup: Janice, I can't hold this secret anymore. It wasn't my evil twin brother's rear end that killed Phillip..it...it was mine *chainsaw bursts out of back of pants*

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

verbal enema posted:

it wasn't me. It was

MY TWIN

and my other twin
and a monkey
and a clown

and another clown

the true culprit is a lightly-fried pizza cake pizza cake pizza(repeat for 4 hours)

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

botany seems like a weird place to hold a trial but sure

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

one of the most fun roles to play is a Captain who is both really good at the game as a player and a completely inept idiot at whatever you've chosen to do that day

(I mean I'm a bad player but I imagine it's fun)

as captain fun naturally comes to you anyway, usually in the form of some kind of space criminal howling for your blood

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

neogeo0823 posted:

So, funny story. The deep fryer lets you, or at least used to let you deep fry anything. And you used to be able to pump yourself chock full of whatever chemicals you wanted. The net bug that this resulted in was, if you pumped yourself full of enough of the right healing chems, you could suicide next to the fryer and deep fry yourself into a piece of edible food. Another person could then eat you. Now, when that happens, the game would sort of put your player into a weird state of existing-but-not-existing, where your body didn't exist, but things could still happen to you. Like, you know, those massive amounts of healing chems bringing you back to life. Overall, this wasn't that big of a thing though, because your body didn't exist, right? So throw in another bug, where if the person that ate you had their body be destroyed, then that triggered... something that I'm honestly not still 100% sure on, which caused your living, breathing body to respawn in the other guy's place.

All of this was found out by accident over the course of several weeks, and culminated in a syndie round where the team of syndies broke into the kitchen and deep fried all but one member, who ate all of the rest of them. That lone syndie then disguised himself, hunted down the captain, got him in a room alone, and shoved a chainsaw into his own chest, gibbing him and releasing half a dozen other fully armed and armored syndicate team members like Pennywise's hosed up, meaty clown car.

I think this was first discovered when someone got meatcubed then exploded into a fully formed spaceman who was like "what"

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Justin Credible posted:

Pre-round statement from a red-texter.

"OOC: HydroFloric: Please do not hoard tokens folks or the token gnelf will take em"

What?

What does this mean? What is meant by 'hoard'? How many is 'hoard'? Why is it fair that an admin can arbitrarily decide I have too many tokens that I got from having an admin gently caress my round up or a sever crash dunking something fun I was doing as a traitor or whatever, and snatch them?

What the gently caress is this poo poo?

I asked in game as the statement was made near round start but whoever this admin is never bothered to clarify it at all, despite me questioning on the radio multiple times.

If you hoard tokens the token gnelf will take them, how is this unclear?

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Greader posted:

Actually implement a token gnelf that takes away tokens from people who got too many at roundstart, then make them spawn hidden on the station with a crew-wide announcement that whoever gets the killing blow recieves the tokens it stole. Make it the most annoying fucker to chase down and kill ever, teleporting around, health regen, etc so that the entire crew is busy constantly going on back and forth, breaking into departments, setting poo poo on fire and just causing utter chaos until someone finally emerges victorious.

Then they become the token gnelf and it all begins anew.

i'm just picturing a chemnerd trying to mix whatever and then a gnelf appears. they give a quiet "oh no" followed by a giant mob of assistants tearing everything apart

monolithburger posted:

I haven't had an antag token since they were first implemented :(

that's because you never caught the token gnelf

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Apr 3, 2019

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Dont Touch ME posted:

The ideal captain is one that actively enables antags through feined incompetance. Winning the round is a job for the crew, not you. You're just the corporation appointed gamemaster.

a surprising number of traitors don't have the heart to kill you if you're endearingly/stupidly trusting enough as captain

e: or any job really. of course some will still slice your arms off with a katana and leave you to die but those are the breaks

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 07:22 on Apr 5, 2019

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Inadequately posted:

The singularity engine sounds more interesting than the TEG, but it's really not. As a non-traitorous engineer, there's no real room for customization, your only options are 'set it up' and 'don't set it up' (and it's not even a very efficient engine). As a traitor, your only option is 'set is free', after which it's out of your hands and you have to hope it wrecks the station, instead of just floating around the same area forever or buggering off to space.

Meanwhile with the TEG you can siphon off the gas to make bombs, unleash hellfire on the station, generate infinite power and hotwire it to vaporize anyone who touches a door, and occasionally unleash a wave of negative pressure that drops the station to absolute zero and freezes everyone to death, even through a spacesuit.

and if the sauna exists you can vaporize passerbys with blasts of steam

though this tends to happen even with non-traitor engineers

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Artificer posted:

A space station 13 port into Unity.

Edit: streamer streamed it a bit last night and fiddled around with it with his viewers. I think unity station folks joined later on? Check it out.

http://www.twitch.tv/beagsandjam/v/549052347?sr=a&t=15214s

it runs disturbingly smoothly

e: also the hop gets a dog, and a poster of a dog

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

RBA Starblade posted:

I can't stop laughing at the escape shuttle careening into the station, destroying it

i like how it comes to a rest embedded in the bar, crushing an assistant who was trying to chase down his fallen donut

despite the lack of features rn unitystation seems to carry on the ss13 spirit

also check like a minute afterwards when he reviews the trail of destruction and there's just a guy yelling "OH GOD SPACE" while flying into the abyss

e:

Kitfox88 posted:

Can I get a timestamp for that? Also I see he beat a clown to death so it's basically feature complete.

he actually revived a murdered clown and became a clown sympathizer, culminating in him hijacking the captain's position, putting on the fallen clown's mask and going on a violent crusade for Clown Rights

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Feb 11, 2020

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

so now that The poo poo is out in the open can we know who was insistent on keeping DWAINE, aka the thing nobody likes or uses, around

e: also poo was and is gross and i fully approve of it's removal

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

tweet my meat posted:

DWAINE loving rules take that back

i was probably being a bit harsh but

Vengarr posted:

it isn’t a good fit gameplay-wise at all imo.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Vengarr posted:

The major change you’re likely to see is a slowing of coding work. Which won’t be permanent if the code base is opened.

plus things should improve now that the worst admins have left and can't hoard all the secrets and half-finished pet projects like a bizarre space dragon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

EclecticTastes posted:

The "Things I Won't Work With" series of chemistry articles are pretty great, if you like knowing about horrible chemicals that will definitely kill you but are fortunately only found in lab environments.

never knew these existed and they are a delight, loling at 1940s scientists suiting up like medieval knights to find out what the hell chlorine azide is