Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HukHukHuk
Jun 27, 2011

I am the sound of cats and hairballs.

SugarAddict posted:

There's a cooldown on manually smashing the fart button, anything uncontrollable doesn't have a cooldown, except for admins, they can fill your chatbox with 50 farts a second.

I do this constantly when I'm on, I love that admin perk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HukHukHuk
Jun 27, 2011

My favorite admin moment was being there as cogs had to say the words "Space Station 13" to the FBI. That being said, I took a step back mainly due to how some of the drama got people into trouble outside of the game and I gotta look out for that first.
I expect to make a return after my frankencareer of medicine and finance calms down some and I make sure there's no fallout that can reach my peoples outside of the game.
Though honestly as time goes on and i have less in common with the playerbase, I still feel I should make an effort to try and get players to be good to each other.

HukHukHuk
Jun 27, 2011

HK5000 posted:

Why can't I load SS13 anymore? Every time I do a fresh install on BYOND I get an error - 513 "Dream Seeker is too far out of Date. Version 513 is required."

You might need the experimental version not the stable one.

HukHukHuk
Jun 27, 2011

I'll be honest i have this burning desire to hop back in but im im the middle of training a handful of employees. I honestly dont think the last 12 years was poorly spent with the admin crew. I've definitely mellowed out with age and time spent with fhe wizard crew. I still have the original .txt files with Popecrunch's recipes for pork roast and duck confit. which btw does get you laid.

HukHukHuk
Jun 27, 2011

Archenteron posted:

Popecrunch post the Secret Chicken-Fried Steak recipe you coward.

The secret recipe is for fried chicken. The story behind it is pretty intense and even I had to respect that he would only pass it on to one person.

HukHukHuk
Jun 27, 2011

On the topic of turbobanning for slurs, that was my original job on staff, for years i had the autobanner beat until i got my degrees and started workin. I definitely slipped my fingers a few times but it got the job done. As a player i definitely got hit with a false positive, if i remember right it was ISN who did it haha.

HukHukHuk
Jun 27, 2011

Justin Credible posted:

FOOF and black powder together in a syringe gun does nothing but a little fire on mans. :(

Dip your erebite tipped arrows in FOOF. You too can be Space Rambo.

HukHukHuk
Jun 27, 2011

Sell bespoke erebite-flesh clothing in the market and all erebite glasses

HukHukHuk
Jun 27, 2011

If we're blaming mport for stuff, the very first electricians, now mechanics had to vend a box that had boxes nested in boxes nested in boxes. I got to test the feature, and sure enough you could make a gibber or crusher.

HukHukHuk
Jun 27, 2011

sturgeon general posted:

We should bring back Mport's "forever war" Singularity dimension except it's Antifa Supersoldiers fighting off hordes of Jordan Peterson's Lobstermen.

That chugged the poo poo out of the system lol.

HukHukHuk
Jun 27, 2011

Oh now i remember i took a selfie to provide inspiration for a trader, a textiles merchant. I hope to see it someday :D

HukHukHuk
Jun 27, 2011

Dr. Cogwerks posted:

Flexx is on my laptop, I'll post him tonight after some tidying up.

Yiss.

HukHukHuk
Jun 27, 2011

Dr. Cogwerks posted:

Needs more work but here's how Flexx was lookin so far:

I love the glisten.

HukHukHuk
Jun 27, 2011

My entire length of service to the community was worth it for this moment.

HukHukHuk
Jun 27, 2011

EclecticTastes posted:

I've never seen this happen in all the years I've been playing SS13. What sort of radius does it affect, and how long does it usually take to get there?

The immediate room of the engine room, ominous sounds and extra discharges. Just smoke the engine out with some weed to chill it out

HukHukHuk
Jun 27, 2011

Zamujasa posted:

Certain things are hard-coded (liquid plasma + light bulb = kaboom), but otherwise most things are simulated. Generally chemicals react with one another to make other chemicals which then do fun things like make explosions.

Fun fact: liquid plasma and lightbulbs is so ancient, it wasnt even in the combat log since every admin for a long time knew how to do it and used it for mischief at some point and could spot others doing it.

HukHukHuk
Jun 27, 2011

Blasto³Tek

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HukHukHuk
Jun 27, 2011

I dont think there will ever be rampages of old again, but i think the occasional display of melee robustness is fun to watch.