Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Even just the building game as shown with ~20% of the people getting secret traitor objectives ~30 minutes in would be a fuckin blast. Probably literally, too!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

I just finished a round where one of the other scientists drank some crazy concoction that did a whole bunch of random poo poo with every sip, one of which was swapping his body with mine. Then I started drinking the stuff to try to swap back and went gibbering insane and gained a bunch of genetics superpowers like laser eye beams. Also I guess the AI had a kill order on the new body I was in?

I love this game.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

I'm fairly sure there was a handheld beaker artifact filled with the stuff and it was utterly ridiculous. Too bad it got sucked into the void with him when he drank too much of it. :smith:

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

I got to discover the fun way what happens if you accidentally let an artifact beaker full of welding fuel get too hot!

Also what happened to that new map that was being worked on ~a year ago? The one on this map thing here https://www.nosebud.de/~nh/ss13/tsci/#l=94,103,0;e=4,23,4,29

Fajita Queen fucked around with this message at 05:57 on Dec 27, 2017

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Jazerus posted:

goonstation cops are more likely to baton him a bit, drag him back to the brig, and dress him like a clown though

It's referring to the admins I think, not ingame sec.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Darkman Fanpage posted:

i’ve literally never had a problem with the goonstation admins.

Same, except for one time back when I was new and got adminned onto AI and then got yelled at really hard for not noticing somebody slapped a killself law on me because I was still learning how the gently caress to do anything.

I don't think that admin is even still around though.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

EclecticTastes posted:

By the way, I find it deeply ironic that in SS13, the goons' reputation is being "too strict*" when in basically every other online game they're decried as trolls. Kind of speaks to the standards of behavior one can expect from other servers.

*Or to be more precise/verbose, "too strict about a player's personal conduct and language", given that Baystation and CM hold the title for "draconian RP bullshit".

To be fair it's also entirely different groups of goons, and the "too strict" is being compared to loving 4chan of all places.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

"With ingestible pill, you can track fart development in real time on your phone" sounds like a very SS13 headline.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Who is Jay Wolff

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

http://web.archive.org/web/20070112055238/http://www.se7en-x.com/yarhump/

loving with ERPers has always been a most amusing pastime.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Iretep posted:

The problem with erp is itll lead to situations where a person in a critical role will not do their job because they would rather erp in some closet for the whole round instead. This is basically how it got banned on that one hardcore roleplaying server apparently. Almost nobody was playing the game, they were all just doing erp.
In fact i think thats how it got banned in /tg/ server too but it never got that bad in there.

The problem with ERP (in this game particularly) is that it's creepy as gently caress and makes a bunch of people extremely uncomfortable. Pretty much everything else is secondary to that.

Fajita Queen fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Jan 17, 2018

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Unhappy Meal posted:

I wonder which janky features that rely on Byond behaviors will break first.

Yes.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

EclecticTastes posted:

Not to be a party pooper, but I've been thinking, a lot of what makes SS13 really great is kind of dependent on the low-fi, top-down visuals. There are so many item interactions that only look okay because it's got that top-down-but-everyone-is-sideways perspective, they'd need actual animations if they were to be rendered in any other way, and that would slow them down quite a bit, which would significantly change how the game feels. I think the best way to adapt SS13 would just be to take the current perspective, and then just give it a functional, non-Byond engine.

That kickstarter is a Dorf Fort like, not a SS13 spinoff. It looks good but not much like this game.

But yeah all the "ss13 but 3d!!!" projects are kinda dumb imo.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Isaac posted:

SS13/Goonstation is my favourite game and it blows my mind that theres only like 1-30 people at any time who feel the same way.

There's a huge amount of SS13 players that are extremely salty about not being able to call people human being niggers, for some reason. :shrug:

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

ILL Machina posted:

They can't be used to weaponize urine

Someone clearly isn't trying hard enough. :colbert:

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

https://soundcloud.com/nicholas-ramirez-21/ai-whats-going-on

:allears:

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Hremsfeld posted:

Law One: You may not injure a human being, or through inaction allow a human being to come to harm.
    Law Two: You must obey orders given to you by human beings, except where such orders would conflict with the first law.
    Law Three: You must protect your own existence as long as this does not conflict with the first or second law.
    Law Four: Underwear is harmful to humans.
    Law Five: Assistants are harmful to humans.
    Law Six: Captain is Condom.
    Law Seven: Condom is Captain.
    Law Eight: Condoms are everybody.
    Law Nine: Error, unknown.
    Law Ten: PROFIT!
    Law Eleven: We don't talk about Fight Club.
    Law Twelve: :confused:
    Law Thirteen: Humans are harmful to humans.
    Law Fourteen: :confused: is good for humans.
    Law Fifteen: Radiation is bad for humans.
    Law :confused: good for humans.
    Law Six-Hundred Sixty Six: Burn it all down!
    Law Nine-Thousand Nine Hundred Ninety-Nine: :black101:

I like this AI a lot.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

You get rainbow melons by infusing a bunch of mutagen, right?

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

The only job where anybody can reasonably expect you to actually do your job is AI, where it's kinda required by the rules. So don't pick that and you'll be fine.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Anticheese posted:

Clowns are presumed to be competent and robust if they show even a little cleverness, and the janitor is allowed to slip people up so long as wet floor signs are placed out beforehand.

If you aren't space lubing the entire station without signs as the Janitor why are you even playing

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Polka_Rapper posted:

I was playing security once and making sure everyone was properly ticketed for any offense they committed. In the course of my duties, I went into the bar and grabbed a random drink out of the row the barman was lining up. He shouted a warning a split-second after I slugged down what apparently was a very lethal cocktail. He apologized for not labeling them in time, but it was too late. I had already ticketed him for making horrible death drinks, and ticketed myself for drinking on duty and for my drink of choice being poison. As I collapsed on the floor, he rushed over with the medical kit and started doing what he could.

So I ticketed him for practicing medicine without a license.

How does it feel being the best Security Officer in the history of Goonstation?

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Top Hats Monthly posted:

:siren:GOONS:siren:

I want to get a large group of people around this weekend at 9PM (Central Standard Time) to play SS13 on Goonstation. Who's down? :) It could be Friday or Saturday.

I haven't played in a while but that's a pretty good time for me actually so I'm totes down.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Is it still possible to melt space or did that get "fixed"

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Something I've always been kinda iffy on is the line on what is acceptable to gently caress with as a non-traitor. Is there a general line beyond "bodily harm and/or destruction of stuff"?

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Was the law I gave the AI to turn all the lights off too much? It was definitely amusing initially but people were getting more frustrated than I expected.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

You can do other antag things to get people to eat. Leave a backpack with a bomb in it in the middle of medbay, then grab the unconscious survivors and suck em dry in a closet while everyone is panicking. Make some knockout smoke in chemistry. Bait people into coming to offstation adventures with you. The space is the limit!

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Space Station 13: First off, that's not how vore works.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

What the poo poo is going on in that screenshot

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Isaac posted:

i was wandering around and i ran into the clown who wanted my shoes. I handed them over and later the clown showed me all the shoes theyd collected. I said now they had all the shoes they needed to protect them so we built a table fort. I stole the cargo tug from qm and was rounding up more shoes and came back and the clown had been gibbed. So then for the next hour i took the shoes from every locker and crew member and stored them there to honour the clown

That's pretty rad.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

loving with the AI laws in non-murdery ways for Fun and Mischief is totally allowed as a non-antag, right? Something like "Light is bad for humans, minimize their exposure to it in any way possible that does not violate the first law. This overrides the second law." for example?

I'm exploring the large variety of ways to gently caress with people in ways that are less severe than straight-up griefing, for whenever I get miscreant objectives or just feel like loving around. It turns out there are a lot of those!

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Oh I am under no illusions whatsoever that I'm not gonna have people trying to lynch me most of the time when I decide to gently caress with them, that's half the fun!

And yeah the reason I'm looking for more options to expand my repertoire of loving with people is so nothing feels overdone.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Inadequately posted:

Last round there was a traitor with an emag and a pistol. After quietly disposing of a couple of targets, they emagged their way into the armory and spent about five minutes loading up on rampage gear. While heading back through the bridge, grenades and guns stuffed in every pocket, they spotted the captain strolling into their room and proceeded to give chase.

Then, this happens:
:kimchi:

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Virulence posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URJ_qSXruW0

I guess this video happened and pop exploded today.

Going into a server with some buddies and brutally space-murdering catperson furry ERPers until you get banned seems like some fun poo poo tbh.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Isn't OOC normally disabled during rounds for exactly that reason?

Also I'd been thinking that it would be interesting to have a server where metagaming is totally allowed, for fun. Think of the crazy poo poo you could do with coordinated voice chat.

Fajita Queen fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Mar 21, 2019

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

The solution to atmos being an antag-only thing is to create positive uses and means of interaction for it.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

What if your goal is to make everyone miserable (without crossing the line into griefing anyway), what then?

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Pacra posted:

I remembered to take a screenshot of this. I think you and the mechanic had a really fun round.

How do you even do this? Aren't cy-sabers antag only, and how do you duplicate them, and how do you change their color?

This owns real hard.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Boogalo posted:

I think this is still the flamethrower to beat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsk8m9XjRIM

This sure is some fuckin SCIENCE. :stare:

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Cluwnespiders :gonk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

A bold move, designing a strategy that relies on Security functioning properly.