Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spy_Guy
Feb 19, 2013

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

How is station rotation working? Every time I've joined the last few days it's been Cog1. I don't hate Cog1, but I definitely prefer Cog2 and woudl like to go back.

The issue with cog2 at the moment is that it doesn't cope well with low-pop rounds. If there's less than around 20 people the station starts feeling very deserted because it's too big for that playercount.
This in turn leads to less people joining or sticking around and all of a sudden we have a negative feedback loop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spy_Guy
Feb 19, 2013

Unhappy Meal posted:

I usually have fun with it, but then I operate under, "If it's on the floor it's trash." Liberal interpretations may take this to mean that the floor tiles are also trash.

Play it like this. Also always include spacemen in this definition.

After about 30 minutes when everyone's used to your antics you replace your trash cart with a syndicate one. :getin:

Spy_Guy
Feb 19, 2013

SugarAddict posted:

On that note, spiders would make for very good surgeons considering they can hold ALL the tools.

Paging Dr. Tiny Spider :kimchi:

Spy_Guy
Feb 19, 2013

SugarAddict posted:

Well, I'm pretty sure it's byond advertisement that just gave me malware, and might have been what gave me malware the last time. I don't think I'm ever going to play SS13 again until I figure out how to stop it from doing it.

A hex editor can do wonders for you.

You can also step into the wonderful world of radare2 if you're really crazy determined.

Spy_Guy
Feb 19, 2013

Adminhelp that poo poo.

A random kill is a random kill, regardless of whether or not it happened to a traitor.

Spy_Guy
Feb 19, 2013

If the AI calls you out then you weren't sneaky enough. There's nothing saying the AI can't sound the horn if you're caught doing crime.

Personally I would PDA them with a polite warning that ownership of contraband is likely to get them in hot water and suggest that maybe they should turn in the thing they found to security.

Spy_Guy
Feb 19, 2013

Kayle7 posted:

Hey, you guys don't like, shadow ban people from antagonist do you? I was pretty much the worst for a while. Every single time I got antagonist or even mindslave, I'd immediately go and make a huge batch of booster enzymes and then just eat some meth and omnizine and then kill every single person on the station. I think it might have bugged some people

If you get antagbanned your character setup thingy will show all antag roles with a strikethrough, so you'd be able to tell.

Also an antagban is so insanely rare that you are unlikely to cop one without doing something actively harmful to the server or server population.
A notable example being the guy who got lowpop ling, then ate everyone coming off arrivals and recalling the emergency shuttle. He kept the round going for nine hours. This is not an achievement to be proud of and he got a :fuckoff: when discovered.

Spy_Guy
Feb 19, 2013

tweet my meat posted:

I heard he knows how to make QGP and werewolf serum. The admins will probably have him taken out before he has the chance to leak it sadly.

James Comey is the only man who knows the good ending to the solarium. :negative:

Spy_Guy
Feb 19, 2013

Chickenwalker posted:

There used to be a monkey with the name "help im turn into a monkie" or something like that, anyone have a list of all the monkey names?

I fondly remember some guy getting senselessly irate over being pushed down, injected with stable mutagen and turned into Jimmy Shits for the rest of the round.

Spy_Guy
Feb 19, 2013

Neddy Seagoon posted:

If you want to be an rear end in a top hat, get some stable mutagen and turn yourself into another player. Then rob them of their ID stuff and spend the round convincing people you're the real one.

I did this to a HoS once after an extended feud. Although, not only did I take his appearance and ID, I gave him mine.

Then he found himself arrested for the crimes I committed against him. :getin:

Spy_Guy
Feb 19, 2013

pnutz posted:

I filled them with space drugs, before someone reminded me that it's addictive so I shouldn't be throwing that around as a non-antag

edit: filling all of the saline IVs, not just mine. fair enough since people might actually need them

Couple this with a hippy attitude that the "good vibes will heal you, maaan" and I'd hilarity clause it.

Spy_Guy
Feb 19, 2013

Boiled Water posted:

last i did this I received a friendly admin reminder that it was not allowed and continuing even with signs up would land me a ban

Space lube can actually hurt innocent spacemen quite badly, which is why this is discouraged.

If someone complains about water lmk who and I will swirly them.

Spy_Guy
Feb 19, 2013

xergm posted:

I once drove another player to a murderous rampage just by turning off the lights.
I made it my goal to unlock APCs, turn off the lighting breaker, and relock them.

Although harmless, dark hallways apparently stir great anger.

Take out the APC battery, inject it with plasma* and leave it in front of the APC.

*only if you're a traitor

Spy_Guy
Feb 19, 2013

I used to make a point to always shred genetics with some interesting chemistry concoction or the other back when I actively played.

I think my favourite thing to date was injecting a geneticist with initropidril, then buckling him to his chair as he was dying. The other geneticist never noticed his colleague was dead.

In fact, 45 minutes later the dead geneticist was still buckled to the chair, with nobody any wiser to my misdeeds. :getin:

Spy_Guy
Feb 19, 2013

dmboogie posted:

ooh, I like this and have a wonderful idea: stowaways spawn in a random locker somewhere in the station.

you're preparing to have another uneventful day as quartermaster when some rear end in a top hat kicks his way out of your uniform locker, screams, and flushes himself down disposals

I love it! This is now a thing. :getin:

Spy_Guy
Feb 19, 2013

Some poor sod started out in a loot crate inside an asteroid.

Now it'll only pick from survivable areas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spy_Guy
Feb 19, 2013

Gerhazo posted:

OOC: Kirinith: I had a stowaway spawn in one of my produce crates arriving on-station

The stowaway apparently exited the crate just as it was about to get sold. :allears: