Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Malpais Legate
Oct 1, 2014

The most fun I ever had was littering the station with pills and patches that mutate individuals into being clones of me. Once at least half the station was me, there was a witch hunt to find the original and I was set aflame in the medbay bathroom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malpais Legate
Oct 1, 2014

I think the one server with catpeople bans you for making fun of them under the pretense of being "racist."

Malpais Legate
Oct 1, 2014

The learning curve for Genetics used to be about the DNA coding, but really it's just about handling the monkeys without being savagely maimed.

Malpais Legate
Oct 1, 2014

rear end Day was the namesake for the previous thread: A case study in violent paranoid schizophrenia.

Malpais Legate
Oct 1, 2014

ISIS CURES TROONS posted:

Matcho maen can't be stunned, but you CAN blow their limbs off. A one legged wrestler isn't very dangerous.

Macho Man punched my heart out of my chest while having only one leg and no arms. I think they're always dangerous.

Malpais Legate
Oct 1, 2014

Pens are suspicious. Nobody carries one that isn't a sleepy pen or stealth storage. Make it some other item related to your job, like a hypospray for doctors or a wrench for literally anyone else.

Malpais Legate
Oct 1, 2014

The tractor is so you can pull more than one crate, not pull one fast.

Malpais Legate
Oct 1, 2014

I stopped taking the Cluwne spell because invariably I'd Cluwne someone, run off like Dr. Zoidberg, and then meet up with one of my cluwnes 20 minutes later when they've managed to stave off their massive brain damage enough to brain me with a fire extinguisher.

Cluwnes are creatures of vengeance and should be regarded as dangerous.

Malpais Legate
Oct 1, 2014

Are we not supposed to name ourselves after celebrities? I've been playing Iggy Azalea for at least a year or two now.

Malpais Legate
Oct 1, 2014

I wanted to but wound up too lazy to do a gimmick where I didn't use the radio as an AI, I just printed out crime reports on every printer in the station. They were going to be incredibly detailed reports that would be ignored and only I would find this funny.

Malpais Legate
Oct 1, 2014

I physically cannot interact with someone unless I've farted in their face.

Malpais Legate
Oct 1, 2014

TheDK posted:

Wait you can turn people into other people?!

It's not even a genetics thing. Stable mutagen and blood in an injection can confer the blood donor's appearance, and higher doses can change their name permanently.

I did this once as Iggy Azalea, by flashing people and applying mutagen patches. I converted like a dozen people until they formed a mob of Azaleas and lynched me, their original.

I also used this gimmick to convince a crew that I, a simple traitor, was a dangerous changeling. Stable mutagen and identity theft are honestly my favorite parts of this game.

Malpais Legate
Oct 1, 2014

Unfortunately it was very obvious who I was because I kept my ID and everyone I converted wasn't a Scientist. But maybe I will, it's been a while since I've caused harmless havoc.

Malpais Legate
Oct 1, 2014

Once, someone put a button in a hallway with a teleporter that said "touch this to kill yourself" and I passed by it and thought, "What does this button do?"

I pressed it and got trapped in a graviton launcher loop that killed me. I mean it didn't lie I guess.

Malpais Legate
Oct 1, 2014

Every team needs a bard.

Malpais Legate
Oct 1, 2014

I consider myself a failure of a clown if I survive the round.

Malpais Legate
Oct 1, 2014

If the sending ghost and receiving person are patient enough, you can get useful messages through the ouija board. It just takes time of clicking cancel and getting a new word set.

Malpais Legate
Oct 1, 2014

The truly successful hellburn is the one that casually sets people on fire for just strolling by the engine corridor.

Malpais Legate
Oct 1, 2014

Oh! I was in that round. I think.

It's kind of stupid that werewolves don't give you a license to kill, seeing as they're supposed to be slavering monsters.

But I guess it's also good they don't because then it's just an instant become-antag button.

Malpais Legate
Oct 1, 2014

shovelbum posted:

ERP is hilarious in small doses, like when I went to a server that had the news terminals AND ERP and became a tabloid journalist and got my newspaper banned and then I was shot into space for publishing nothing but furry sex scandals

This is the only acceptable way to discuss ERP.

Malpais Legate
Oct 1, 2014

I never get the chance to subvert the AI as an antagonist because most AI start shouting bloody murder when you enter their upload. It's not even like they casually ask why you're here, it's "RALPH AUSTRALIA IS IN MY UPLOAD AND TOTALLY UPLOADING A MURDER LAW" or "HELP BILL KABLAM IS MURDERING ME" before you even get the chance to deactivate the turret.

There's like no law promoting this behavior so I guess all the regular AI players hate fun.

Malpais Legate
Oct 1, 2014

Skaw posted:

When I get AI, everyone's welcome to come in so long as they give me a good enough reason or bad enough bluff to crack the doors for them. If they can manage the turret, either with a stolen ID or moving the windows, congratulations you've passed the trial. Enjoy your prize and have fun subverting. Just PDA me that my takeout is here or something, it's not that hard my dudes.

Yes, agreed. I gatekeep ID upgrades as the HOP behind the same thing: lie to me, I don't care how bad the lie is just give me a dumb reason to suddenly give you free reign of the research department.

Malpais Legate
Oct 1, 2014

Jay Wolff does seem like the type that would just accend to godhood by being fed to the engine.

Malpais Legate
Oct 1, 2014

Yeah, two parts blood to one part mutagen usually does the trick. It's fun to see how many people you can infect with a single identity before you're beaten to death and spaced.

I once had a dozen Iggy Azaleas on the station that formed a mob and lynched me for it.

Malpais Legate
Oct 1, 2014

Every AI I've ever played with got mad when I gave them dumb theme laws like that. How do you look at "You are his Holiness the Pope" and not immediately start concocting hijinks? It's not like it was a silence or suicide law.

Malpais Legate
Oct 1, 2014

From my experience, crew members are very inefficient sources of fuel. The supply is finite and retrieval is more effort than it's worth.

But don't let that stop you from trying.

Malpais Legate
Oct 1, 2014

Dirk the Average posted:

On the other hand, the fewer crew members, the less power is needed around the station. Don't need to keep lights on for people that don't exist!

If you're running the engine for practical application, such as "keeping the lights on" or other uses, you're missing the point of engineering. You do not burn for others, you burn for the sake of the burn.

Malpais Legate
Oct 1, 2014

That is a good question. Why have I not heard of people sacrificing each other to the burn like a volcano god?

Malpais Legate
Oct 1, 2014

When I tried (and failed) to learn TTV bombs, the guy teaching me got frustrated and just told me to take them to the science teleporter, giving me coordinates to punch in.

He then chucked them through the teleporter and annihilated a blob. And all of Medbay. People blamed me for it and I was thrown into the gaping hole where Medbay used to be.

Honestly I was just happy to participate.

Malpais Legate
Oct 1, 2014

Or the janitor, full space suit, toting a water bucket and mop, cleaning the blood off the smoking crater that used to be the bar.

Malpais Legate
Oct 1, 2014

I died two seconds into my attempted rampage with a teleport gun last night, which was very disappointing. But I managed to complete my objectives, which was just destroy the bonsai. It was a little difficult since I've seldom played on Clarion.

So admin Flourish turned me into a crow. With wrestling powers. And no morals. So I got to rampage around, pecking people in the face and then suplexing them. Eventually I realized I was a crow and therefore a carrion bird. I stole corpses and would suplex them to make them easier to eat.

My brief, but glorious reign of terror was brought to an end by a single laser shot from the captain. Who then removed my crowbrain, stuck me into a borg. I was later shown my crow body was turned into sandwiches for the crew.

Malpais Legate
Oct 1, 2014

Are you talking about the clowncar?

That's the point. You don't get out. You belong to the clown driving it, now.

Or he runs it into a wall.

Malpais Legate
Oct 1, 2014

Kudzu is fun and cool, you're wrong. And it shows up in surplus crates.

Malpais Legate
Oct 1, 2014

Okay but why kill people when you could easily amputate all their limbs, throw them in a wheelchair, and race them against your other victims--err, contestants?

Malpais Legate
Oct 1, 2014

Goast posted:

i once killed myself as a lone syndie 4 minutes into the round because you really shouldnt walk around with a rpg out and misclick on the floor

does that count as robust?

I killed a teammate doing the same thing and spent the remainder of the round under the impression I'd killed the captain instead.

It was the captain that violently and efficiently informed me that rumors of his demise were greatly exaggerated.

Malpais Legate
Oct 1, 2014

Honestly if your hellburn isn't annihlating all life on the station, can it even be called a hellburn?

Malpais Legate
Oct 1, 2014

Being captain is like being a Staff Assistant with an all-access pass and a target on your back.

So yeah make that your preferred role immediately. Good luck!

Malpais Legate
Oct 1, 2014

Meti's Staff Assistant Manual posted:

14. The weak Staff Assistant clings to victory. He thinks of his life, his obligations, the outcome of the battle, his hatred for his opponent, his training, his pride in his mastery. By doing so, he is an imperfect vessel for the terrible fires of Will. He will surely crack. He will not laugh uproariously if he is cleft in two by his opponent’s blade. When his sword is shattered, his hands will be too reserved to tear his enemies’ flesh.

15. The weak Staff Assistant strikes his enemy down and thinks his task done. He relishes in victory. He casts away his sword and returns to his lover. Little does he know his single cut will encircle the world five times and strike him down fifty-fold.

16. The weak Staff Assistant clings to his instrument. It is better you have a sword, but death must lie under your fingernails, if need be. Learn death with your elbows, death with your knees, and death with your thumbs and fingertips. It is said death with the tongue is useful, but I find words too soft an instrument to smash a man’s skull.

Reach heaven Escape by violence. Robustness is a continuous cutting motion.

Malpais Legate
Oct 1, 2014

Argas posted:

Has anyone ever considered playing a Quartermaster named Hank Hill who sells plasma and plasma accessories?

You have! Get to it, bucko.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malpais Legate
Oct 1, 2014

I once prayed to be really annoying and I was given that mutation that makes your text GIANT BOLD CAPS.

I talked endlessly about nothing over the radio until someone came to the radio station to murder me.