Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.

  V⬢⬢⬡ W⬡⬡⬡ 2-arm | Ca-1, Co+2, De=0, Ru+2, Su-1 | 1-cred | XP⬢⬡⬡⬡⬡

Echo Squad pushes into the forest, taking things slow and careful.

Act Under Pressure (+Cool): 2d6+2 8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

V⬢⬢⬡ W⬡⬡⬡ 2-harm | Ca+1, Co-1, De-1, Ru=0, Su+1| 2-cred | XP⬢⬡⬡⬡⬡

In the Empire, this would have been so easy. A Captain, no matter how small the vessel, possessed broad powers to condemn or, rarely, forgive. Artemis shakes off that memory as she keys the intercoms. "I'll reflect your cooperation in my logs and speak on your behalf," she tells the Admiral. "A full pardon's not mine to give, not being on the court or the Chancellor herself." She pauses, a breath. "It's different, Admiral, than what you and I were trained in," she continues, her voice more sympathetic, "less vindictive. The interest in justice is genuine."

Artemis looks about the bridge. Better, generally, not to flaunt her past. She can only hope the crew will hear her words as sign of her new allegiance - and a vital step towards getting them off this rock.

Rhyos
Jan 2, 2006
It's probably my fault.

As inertial dampening returns everything to normal from the rapid ascent, Tanith cuts the engines back and surveys the scene. 2 stalks left, a firefight on the ground, and transmissions from someone claiming to be Imperial. A quick yaw twist helps him line up a shot on one of the stalks. Cutting his engines to minimal reverse, he fights gravity as little as possible, letting one of nature's forces help him walk fire down the line of one of the remaining plantillary while still keeping in control. Slamming engine power into cannons, he makes sure to keep an eye on the firefight on the ground - close air support may be coming soon.

Sax Battler
Jul 31, 2007

Another bloody customs post,
Another fucking foreign coast,
Another set of scars to boast,
We Are The Road Crew.

  V⬢⬢⬡ W⬡⬡⬡ 2-harm | Ca+2, Co-1, De+1, Ru=0, Su=0 | 3-cred | XP⬡⬡⬡⬡⬡

Seeing that Artemis has the diplomacy thing handled, I slink by her, giving her a light tap on the shoulder as I go.
Time to check out the mess we're in.
While waiting for a diagnostics report to load up, I take a quick look from the outside, then hurry back in as fast as I can.
Situation currently hosed, let's get it un-hosed.

Checking ship condition (+Canny): 2d6+2 13

Should I be using the Check the situation move, the Tech-wiz move or the technical savant move? There seems to be some overlap.
I'd say check situation, since it's a known piece of tech and I'm not actually doing much to it yet. If so;
What’s the best way to get this thing spaceworthy as soon as possible?
What should I be on the lookout for?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

V-2 H

I look up to the sky, keeping an eye on Tanith and comm in.

"You doing alright up there, hotshot? We'll take care of these Imperials right quick so you don't have to fly on that bum engine for too long."

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

V⬢⬢⬡ W⬡⬡⬡ 2-harm | Ca+1, Co-1, De-1, Ru=0, Su+1| 2-cred | XP⬢⬡⬡⬡⬡

Artemis waits to hear from the Admiral. Likely a lively discussion going on among the senior officers over there. "Tanith," Artemis says, switching over her radio. "How're you doing up there? You've been suspiciously quiet."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyos
Jan 2, 2006
It's probably my fault.
Sorry for the delay - I've been really, really sick for the past week!

Slamming the throttle to full as he finishes off one more stalk, a long grunt comes over the comms as he rides through the Gs to wheel about on the last one. "Sorry kids - just taking the time to enjoy the sights! Close air support coming soon." Hurtling near ground level, he pours some more cannon fire onto the base of the last stalk, hoping to finally rid them of that looming threat. "Timber!"

• Locked thread