Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FluffieDuckie

goal: recruit new yobber friends

brainstorming starts below this line

-----

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Putty

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
i think we should hit someone on the head with a rock and smuggle them in here!

FluffieDuckie

Putty posted:

i think we should hit someone on the head with a rock and smuggle them in here!

:approved:

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

FluffieDuckie

banner ads cost $8 to run for a month and can link back to our forum. we've had good luck with running a bunch of those at once. people do click on those.

we could have a thread to design them and then volunteers can buy whichever ones they like

Barking Gecko

Mahoro says, "Naughty things are bad."
Well let's see. . .
The last time we had a healthy influx of new posters was when the admins shut down GBS for a few days, so maybe we could try that?

Work with me here. I have a zero post count and a blank rap sheet, so I'm a little short on ideas. . .

FluffieDuckie

Barking Gecko posted:

Well let's see. . .
The last time we had a healthy influx of new posters was when the admins shut down GBS for a few days, so maybe we could try that?

Work with me here. I have a zero post count and a blank rap sheet, so I'm a little short on ideas. . .

if you say "blank rap sheet" again i'll fix that for you

City of Glompton

I will sponsor a banner ad.

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig

cda

by Hand Knit
i think we should sign up for other kinds of forums and direct them to chillinternet.club

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

cda

by Hand Knit
warning, don't sign up for the sugar glider forum. it's brutal http://www.sugarglider.com/glidergossip/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=56900

----------------

cda

by Hand Knit
god...even their off topic chat forum is just them talking about sugar gliders

----------------

Fuck My Ass
ive got 100 bux to use for enticement of: plat memberships, avs, etc. From the other thread.

Thank you, very nice I like. For the insanely win sig.

Fuck My Ass
also any updated on the sig divider?

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

City of Glompton posted:

I will sponsor a banner ad.

I will too.

Also, I would like to mention at this time an idea I had that is counter to the "no politics" rule. Basically, an art contest that asks participants to make an art that defines or portrays their view of the US political situation in one picture, to exemplify the notion that "a picture is worth a thousand words". Not a single word will be posted concerning politics, just a thousand words-worth picture!

I'll be happy to start said thread, with prizes given in the form of forums upgrades, to attract attention to our wonderful virtual nook on the 'web. Benefactors for said prizes would be welcome, but I would be alright with furnishing first and second place with a forms upgrade of the winners choice (decided on by BYOB voter's poll, of course).

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

Fuck My Ass
I also would like to propose a no rules (General forum rules still apply) politics allowed, nws allowed, flame wars allowed. While the greater BYOB (outside the thread) still chill/rules etc. Just brainstorming here, feel free to shoot it down.

FluffieDuckie

Splatmaster posted:

Also, I would like to mention at this time an idea I had that is counter to the "no politics" rule. Basically, an art contest that asks participants to make an art that defines or portrays their view of the US political situation in one picture, to exemplify the notion that "a picture is worth a thousand words". Not a single word will be posted concerning politics, just a thousand words-worth picture!

I'll be happy to start said thread, with prizes given in the form of forums upgrades, to attract attention to our wonderful virtual nook on the 'web. Benefactors for said prizes would be welcome, but I would be alright with furnishing first and second place with a forms upgrade of the winners choice (decided on by BYOB voter's poll, of course).

something similar was floated a while back by a former ik. they wanted to get a good starter image of the potus and make it a photoshop thread. i approved the idea for that one thread but it was never done. so you may have permission to start one drawing or photoshop thread with a political theme as long as no words are spoken about politics and if everyone understands it's a one time thing only to be contained in that thread and i can pull the plug if things get out of control.

Macnult

go to gbs and tell people to NOT post in byob and to NOT make good funny threads and let the :goonsay: do the work for everyone

FluffieDuckie

gently caress My rear end posted:

I also would like to propose a no rules (General forum rules still apply) politics allowed, nws allowed, flame wars allowed. While the greater BYOB (outside the thread) still chill/rules etc. Just brainstorming here, feel free to shoot it down.

sorry but no. i can explain my reasoning for you in detail in pms if you want

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

compulsory draft

FluffieDuckie

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN posted:

compulsory draft

:approved:

also paid posters

Fuck My Ass

FluffieDuckie posted:

sorry but no. i can explain my reasoning for you in detail in pms if you want

If you wanna drop me a DM that would be rad. Thx Fluffie.

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

a white, windowless van full of puppies and free candy

Putty

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

FluffieDuckie posted:

banner ads cost $8 to run for a month and can link back to our forum. we've had good luck with running a bunch of those at once. people do click on those.

we could have a thread to design them and then volunteers can buy whichever ones they like

yes i am working on one right now

Robot Made of Meat

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN posted:

a white, windowless van full of puppies and free candy

Excellent hover-text!

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

vanisher

I'm totally on board with a comedy/art thread for BYOB banner ads, randomly sponsored by friends

FluffieDuckie

we can still talk about other ideas, but if anyone wants to start a thread i don't see any reason not to do that now

Cactus Ghost

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack
hey im mostly a byob lurker but i liked the relaxed rules wacky anarchy going on in gbs for a while, but the mods are all "this is really gonna change now you better believe it i promise!!! no foolin around in gbs no more!!!!!!" for the umpteenth time and i figured id ask "hey if they actually mean it this time can i post here"

FluffieDuckie

OMGVBFLOL posted:

hey im mostly a byob lurker but i liked the relaxed rules wacky anarchy going on in gbs for a while, but the mods are all "this is really gonna change now you better believe it i promise!!! no foolin around in gbs no more!!!!!!" for the umpteenth time and i figured id ask "hey if they actually mean it this time can i post here"

we're happy to have you. please take a look at our rules thread (that we actually follow) and check out the byob goldmine for the kinds of threads we like. also stop by the lurker thread for your official welcome

Fuck My Ass

FluffieDuckie posted:

we're happy to have you. please take a look at our rules thread (that we actually follow) and check out the byob goldmine for the kinds of threads we like. also stop by the lurker thread for your official welcome

one of the biggest appeals of BYOB is the sigs, banners would be cool too. I know you already took up the Divider idea to the people up top.

Putty

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
eher is my wip banner, for the contest

fun to look at for long periods

eonwe

ill encourage people to check out byob

vanisher

What do we think of a special banner thread

Sig images courtesy of the talented Luvcow, Dumb Sex-Parrot, & Death Sext

City of Glompton

vanisher posted:

yes

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig

FluffieDuckie

vanisher posted:

FluffieDuckie posted:

we can still talk about other ideas, but if anyone wants to start a thread i don't see any reason not to do that now

Kthulhu5000

by R. Guyovich
we gotta think '80s movie style here.

an unofficial, impromptu dance party to save the community center. laughs will be had, romance will be kindled, and at the end everyone will be dancing as the screen fades to the credits.

it would also filter out the Mean Marties, because if you don't dig hokey but righteous Italo-Disco, freestyle, Hi-NRG and the like music you probably don't belong in this sub-forum.

----------------

Kthulhu5000

by R. Guyovich

Kthulhu5000 posted:

we gotta think '80s movie style here.

an unofficial, impromptu dance party to save the community center. laughs will be had, romance will be kindled, and at the end everyone will be dancing as the screen fades to the credits.

it would also filter out the Mean Marties, because if you don't dig hokey but righteous Italo-Disco, freestyle, Hi-NRG and the like music you probably don't belong in this sub-forum.

Maybe it could be done on Twitch, Kthulhu5000!

----------------

fuck. marry. t-rex

I think we should stage a massive terrorist attack and then claim credit through a ominous letter to a news agency

cda

by Hand Knit

gently caress. marry. t-rex posted:

I think we should stage a massive terrorist attack and then claim credit through a ominous letter to a news agency

I like the cut of your jib

----------------

cda

by Hand Knit
That;'s a little high energy though, why dont we just wait for someone else to do a terrorist attack and then we can claim credit, that s a lot less work

----------------

cda

by Hand Knit
ISIS ---> steal the answer key
BYOB ---> sit next to ISIS and copy off of him

----------------

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randaconda

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
hookers and blow

----------------

• Locked thread