Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cda

by Hand Knit

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

i will continue to post in this forum if everyone agrees that is okay.

yeah totally, but can you help me break into PHIZ?

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cda

by Hand Knit
Pros: good attitude, can-do-spirit, want to be the next PHIZ superstar
Cons: no knowledge of cool things, culture, or art

----------------

Yobgoblin

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Scribbling chillinternet.club on your college desk with pencil

Elusif

Scribbling chillinternet.club in a murder victim ( that you didn't murder).

Elusif

CSI Miami guy: Looks like this victim... Was chilled to death....

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaahhhhhhhhh

Elusif

Coroner: The death will be ruled Axeidental.

PHIZ KALIFA

#mood

cda posted:

yeah totally, but can you help me break into PHIZ?

make a series of posts where you assert (POPULAR SONG) is acutally done by (POPULAR BAND) and when people start arguing post a cover of SONG by DIFFERENT BAND.

crimes

Bacon Taco

Now with extra narwhal meat!
HAIKOOLIGAN
Stand around outside subway exits and bus stops and hand out free "personality analysis tests." Regardless of the mark's (I mean potential yobber's) answers, the only possible result is "come post in BYOB friend!"

cda

by Hand Knit

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

make a series of posts where you assert (POPULAR SONG) is acutally done by (POPULAR BAND) and when people start arguing post a cover of SONG by DIFFERENT BAND.

I'm taking notes. But what's popular.

----------------

cda

by Hand Knit
The THEME SONG OF HOUSE HUNTERS was done by ADELE

----------------

Fuck My Ass

cda posted:

Pros: good attitude, can-do-spirit, want to be the next PHIZ superstar
Cons: no knowledge of cool things, culture, or art

dude you are literally my favorite loving poster.

Thank you, very nice I like. For the insanely win sig.

Yobgoblin

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
stickers to slap on road signs

Yobgoblin fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Apr 5, 2017

----------------

Farg
hi good banner. 'm ur new best friend

----------------

FluffieDuckie

Welcome new captives

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

PHIZ KALIFA

#mood

cda posted:

The THEME SONG OF HOUSE HUNTERS was done by ADELE

++++++++++++ this is a good start, but observe the master:
(ahem)

The THEME SONG FROM FULL HOUSE was done by GREENDAY

crimes

Elusif

Sky-writers?

BoldFrankensteinMir

What iconography says BYOB to you guys? I wanna say a propaganda poster or T-shirt could be cool but I don't know what image would work.

Gay Weed Dad

cool dude, flyin' high
Just throwing my hat into the "I came here because of Putty's banner" ring. As a newer user I must say I have not read BYOB before, but now I'll check it out, so you dudes keep doing your thing!

cda

by Hand Knit

Gay Weed Dad posted:

Just throwing my hat into the "I came here because of Putty's banner" ring. As a newer user I must say I have not read BYOB before, but now I'll check it out, so you dudes keep doing your thing!

Hello and welcome Gay Weed Dad. You are three things that I love.

----------------

Gay Weed Dad

cool dude, flyin' high
I'm actually not gay, marijuana, or a father but a man can dream and I'm still studying.
Thanks for the kind welcome!

Putty

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
we should throw some snakes at people!

cda

by Hand Knit

Putty posted:

we should throw some snakes at people!

We're trying to get them to post, not to get them to marry us

----------------

Twenty Four

Yobgoblin posted:

Scribbling chillinternet.club on your college desk with pencil

E Equals MC Hammer posted:

CSI Miami guy: Looks like this victim... Was chilled to death....

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaahhhhhhhhh

Too cool for school!

Twenty Four

Splatmaster posted:

I do like your idea, though. A cross-forum chill contest sounds right up our alley.

death sext posted:

I really like the chill art contest idea. I have a bunch of sculpey; I'd be happy to make some little sculptures to mail out as prizes.

To be clear, I have no intention of taking on such a big endeavor as a cross forums contest, but if someone wanted to, feel free, if not, whatever. Just throwing out ideas, but I do like that the banners have gotten some attention!

HotSoapyBeard posted:

Don't worry guys, I've been leaving business cards in phone booths and I'm feeling confident

I hope it was a bunch of the business cards from our thread that made the front page, with a byob url written on the back!

https://www.somethingawful.com/photoshop-phriday/byob-business-cards/

Fuck My Ass
Fluffie the banner ads seem to be a smashing success. Good stuff.

Putty

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
I think we should throw a Harpoon into some guys face

Putty fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Apr 12, 2017

Tik Tok Tommy
Just ONCE I want a contest where it's NOT internet talents judged by ITAs (internet talent agents). I have zero knowledge of photoshop, and I would love to participate in something that isn't related. Since the YOB is all about being an island apart from the melodrama of DC and world politics, perhaps we could have posters run for MaYOB? People could showcase whatever they like in their threads, posters near and far could gossip about the muckrakers and observe YOB-scandal, and lurkers/frequenters of other forums would feel a more open atmosphere in which to participate. Popularity contest or talent show?: - YOU decide!

Sorry. Just blowin' off some steam there. I've been in and out for 11 years now, and I became an Overly Prolific Poster because I wanted people to see their work appreciated and I wanted lurkers funnier than me to post in the threads I think are funny.

Alternatively: Just tell people there are girls on the internet here. Problem solved close this thread already.

(I love it here. One of these days -oh how I have toiled these past 10,000 days!!! - yobbers will know my name. Like they know cda, vanisher, Gmo5... they will KNOW. I feel terrible. I am forgetting so many awesome people. Past and present. ***JUST POST IT (unless it has swears in it).***)

Tik Tok Tommy fucked around with this message at 10:20 on Apr 8, 2017

cda

by Hand Knit

mademoiselle posted:

Just ONCE I want a contest where it's NOT internet talents judged by ITAs (internet talent agents). I have zero knowledge of photoshop, and I would love to participate in something that isn't related. Since the YOB is all about being an island apart from the melodrama of DC and world politics, perhaps we could have posters run for MaYOB? People could showcase whatever they like in their threads, posters near and far could gossip about the muckrakers and observe YOB-scandal, and lurkers/frequenters of other forums would feel a more open atmosphere in which to participate. Popularity contest or talent show?: - YOU decide!

Sorry. Just blowin' off some steam there. I've been in and out for 11 years now, and I became an Overly Prolific Poster because I wanted people to see their work appreciated and I wanted lurkers funnier than me to post in the threads I think are funny.

Alternatively: Just tell people there are girls on the internet here. Problem solved close this thread already.

(I love it here. One of these days -oh how I have toiled these past 10,000 days!!! - yobbers will know my name. Like they know cda, vanisher, Gmo5... they will KNOW. I feel terrible. I am forgetting so many awesome people. Past and present. ***JUST POST IT (unless it has swears in it).***)

I think a talent contest is an interesting idea if it's stipulated that only non-regulars can enter and win. Maybe if regs want to participate they can be stage-moms for the participants. Anything that turns into a straight up popularity contest or gets mean spirited will be not good for this forum, so a mayoral race seems less good to me as a concept.

cda

by Hand Knit
Also there should definitely be a swimsuit portion of the talent contest.

Miss/Mister/Nonspecific Other BYOB

Fuck My Ass

cda posted:

I think a talent contest is an interesting idea if it's stipulated that only non-regulars can enter and win. Maybe if regs want to participate they can be stage-moms for the participants. Anything that turns into a straight up popularity contest or gets mean spirited will be not good for this forum, so a mayoral race seems less good to me as a concept.

We can do this and I can throw in a large monetary reward. 500 dollars cash, with a matching donation to the charity of the winners choice (THATS A 1000 DOLLARS IM OFFERING)

BYOB non regulars participate and it is judged by BYOB regs.

Edit: Charity of the winner goons choice, from a list of 20 or so pre-approved charities. There are sites that show what charities actually use their money right, unlike Wounded Warrior which is a corporation hiding behind charity tax laws.

Randaconda

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
where you getting all this money, fam

you sell weed or some poo poo?

if so, how much for an oz

----------------

Elusif

I think he is 500 good dogs. It would make a sort of sense.

Tik Tok Tommy

cda posted:

Also there should definitely be a swimsuit portion of the talent contest.

Miss/Mister/Nonspecific Other BYOB

One of the things I love about this forum is that it never occurred to me that anyone might act mean spirited.

Now I am thinking of a Photoshop swimsuit entry. I need help looking sufficiently swarthy. If the thread wasn't 100% about photoshop, someone like me could just ask for others' talents.

vanisher

Its funny I mean when I try to think up good thread ideas it all revolves around image editing, so I get the mild complaint mademoiselle, also I like your posts and you are a good person

I think just bringing more variety of folks into the yob will bring different kinds of threads *shrug*

Sig images courtesy of the talented Luvcow, Dumb Sex-Parrot, & Death Sext

Elusif

I have an idea for a thread.

vanisher

E Equals MC Hammer posted:

I have an idea for a thread.

nice

Elusif

Thanks.

musclebusiness

could there be a party like maybe a free pizza party? just spitballing

Fuck My Ass

whiteyfats posted:

where you getting all this money, fam

you sell weed or some poo poo?

if so, how much for an oz

I'm loaded asf irl. so I like to think. thanks to the stock market (swing by bfc)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randaconda

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i'm nervous around people with money

i'm descended from a long line of white trash

----------------

• Locked thread