Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

----------------------------------------------------------------------

WRESTLEMANIA 33 RESULTS

Roman Reigns defeated the Undertaker in a bad match that also apparently was Undertaker's last match as he left his entrance attire and gloves in the ring.

Smackdown Women's Title 6 Person Match
Naomi defeated Alexa Bliss, Natalya, Mickie James, Carmella, & Becky Lynce to get the title back.

Universal Title Match
Brock Lesnar defeated Goldberg in a longer match than their last meeting to become Universal Champion.

WWE Title Match
Randy Orton defeats Bray Wyatt for the WWE Championship after Wyatt's projection of bugs on the ring failed to get in Orton's head. Yes this really happened.

Unsanctioned Match
Seth Rollins defeated Triple H with one pedigree and after Stephanie was put through a table accidentally.

John Cena and Nikki Bella defeated The Miz and Maryse. Afterwards Cena purposed to Nikki.

Raw Tag Team Title Fatal 4 Way Ladder Match
Before the Match New Day came out and said it was now a Fatal Four Way and a new team was added. They teased it was them but out came the Hardyz!!
Hardyz defeated Gallows & Anderson, Cesaro & Sheamus & Enzo & Big Cass in their 2nd Ladder Match on the weekend to become new tag champs after 7 years.

Raw Women's Title Elimination Match
Bayley(c) defeated Charlotte Flair, Sasha Banks & Nia Jax. Nia, Sasha, and Charlotte were the order of eliminations.

US Title Match
Kevin Owens defeated Chris Jericho to become US Champion

AJ Styles defeated Shane McMahon

Kick Off Pre Show Matches:

Intercontinental Title Match
Dean Ambrose retained his title against Baron Corbin

Andre The Giant Memorial Battle Royal
Mojo Rawley last eliminated NXT's Killian Dain and Jinder Mahal with the help of Patriots player Rob Gronkowski. Big Show and Braun Strowman were eliminated early in the match.

Cruiserweight Title Match
Neville defeated Austin Aries to retain his title.

NXT TakeOver Orlando Results

NXT Championship Match
Bobby Roode defeated Shinsuke Nakamura to retain the NXT title.

NXT Women's Championship Match
Asuka defeated Ember Moon by cheating!!!

NXT Tag Team Championship Triple Threat Elimination Match
Authors of Pain defeat #DIY & The Revival eliminating first DIY then Revival. Match was pretty awesome.

Aliester Black defeated Andrade Cien Almas in his debut.

SAniTY defeated Tye Dillinger, Ruby Riot, Roderick Strong and Kassius Ohno when Killian Dain pinned Dillinger.

Raw Results

Raw opened with Roman Reigns getting booed out of the building for 15 minutes until he said that the ring is his yard now and left.

The Hardy Boyz defended their tag titles against Gallows and Andersons

Neville defeated Mustafa Ali while the crowd tossed beach balls around.

Vince McMahon came out to announce that Stephanie was hurt last night at Mania after going through a table and will be out for some time. Vince announces that next week will be a draft and that Raw needs a new GM and Teddy Long comes out. Vince says its not him and Teddy says my bad. The new GM is Kurt Angle! Kurt says its true, its drat true!

New Day came out and said they really wanted to wrestle at Wrestlemania but tonight they'll have an open challenge instead. Out comes The Revival who tip over their ice cream cart before the match.

Revival defeat New Day and after the match they "break" Kofi's leg with their submission double team.

Kurt Angle is setting his office up backstage as Enzo and Cass come in. Enzo introduces themselves and Kurt questions if any college does certify Gs. Enzo says how ya doing and Kurt thinks he actually wanted to know, then asks them how they are. Enzo and Cass are fired up wanting to know why the Hardyz were in the ladder match at Mania. Enzo fires off more questions including asking why Goofy and Pluto are treated differently like they are both dogs. Kurt is confused and says he'll give them a #1 contender match against Cesaro & Sheamus. Cass says they're S-A-W-F-T! Kurt says that isn't how you spell soft.

Emma returns and teams with Charlotte and Nia Jax against Sasha Banks, Bayley and Dana Brooke. Sasha taps out Charlotte. After the match Charlotte shoves Emma and Nia blaming them. Nia lays out Charlotte to cheers.

Sami Zayn is in the back talking off Kurt's ear. Kurt says he's just like him, he has all 3 "I"s just like he did when he was in the WWE. Jinder Mahal storms in and says he was robbed in the Andre by a man named GRONK. Jinder and Sami argue and then Kurt puts them in a match.

Brock Lesnar and Paul Heyman come out. Heyman tells a story about how Goldberg is no longer going to be in WWE because of them. Heyman says Brock is looking for a new challenger, Maybe Seth Rollins in his match where he beat Triple H. Or the returning Hardyz. Instead Heyman calls out the 2 in Taker's Mania record and declared Brock vs. Roman as the next big match. Heyman says Brock wants to give and open challenge tonight against Roman, while the crowd wants Finn Balor badly and boos the idea of Roman vs. Brock. Instead of Balor or Roman, it is Braun Strowman. He says Roman has Brock's attention, but after Braun is done with Roman he's gonna have Brock's attention and shoves Brock. Brock throws the title down and begs Braun to try something but Braun backs off to loud chants calling him a pussy.

Chris Jericho is interviewed backstage. Jericho puts over the crazy crowd of Jericholoics. Jericho says Owens only won because the tip of his finger on the bottom rope. Jericho put's the tip of Owens' finger on the List to a loud reaction. Owens jumps Jericho and so does Samoao Joe. They then put Jericho through a table.

Kurt Angle is leaving the trainers room and Seth Rollins asks him if Jericho is able to wrestle tonight and Angle says no but he will find a proper replacement tonight.

Cesaro and Sheamus defeat Enzo and Cass to become #1 Contenders to the Raw Tag Titles.

Jinder Mahal jumps Sami Zayn before their match. Sami wins though.

Finn Balor returned to be Seth Rollins tag partner against Samoa Joe and Kevin Owens.

Balor and Rollins defeat Owens and Joe when Balor pins US Champion Kevin Owens.

Smackdown Results

• Randy Orton came to the ring and declared now he was Bray Wyatt's master, because he kicked his rear end at Wrestlemania. Bray appeared on the titantron and challenged him to a House of Horrors match before teleporting to the ring to attack Orton. Orton fought him off but was then attacked by a returning Erik Rowan. Luke Harper showed up to even the odds.

• Naomi retained her championship in a match with Alexa Bliss. Bliss attempted to grab the ropes during a pinfall and while the ref was chastising her, Naomi was able to roll her over into a submission.

• Curt Hawkins was upset that everybody was talking about the Superstar shake-up rather than him, and issued an open challenge by the count of 10. Tye "Perfect 10" Dillinger debuted and beat Hawkins. Crowd was very firmly behind Tye and very enthusiastic about the 10 chant/gesture.

• Mojo Rawley did a kinda bizarre promo about how he celebrated winning the Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal.

• Miz and Maryse came out dressed as Cena and Nikki, saying that their loss at Mania was just doing them a favor since it meant they (Cena and Nikki) could now abandon WWE and go to Hollywood. As they were leaving the ring, a violinist appeared and began playing Shinsuke Nakamura's theme. The crowd went crazy and Nakamura debuted while Miz and Maryse got out of dodge. Nakamura didn't say a word, just went to ringside, played to the crowd and smirked inside the ring before leaving. It was loving awesome.

• Baron Corbin defeated Dean Ambrose in a street fight.

• Shane McMahon came to the ring to discuss next week's Superstar Shake-Up. AJ Styles came down to the ring to talk about their match at Wrestlemania. He shook Shane's hand, faked throwing a punch and the two seemingly left as friends.

• Randy Orton and Luke Harper defeated Bray Wyatt and Erik Rowan. Orton was gonna hit the RKO on Bray when the lights went out and he reappeared seemingly cowering on the ramp. Orton hit the RKO on Rowan for the win and Wyatt was left on the ramp basically looking like trash.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 09:47 on Apr 5, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
Finn Balor is cool and I'm happy he is back

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

If stephanie is gone for any significant length of time i will probably start watching hulu raw

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

"The Uso"

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Raw was absolutely wonderful. They introduced The Revival perfectly, they introduced Kurt Angle perfectly, they reintroduced Finn perfectly, all of the booking on this show made perfect sense and if they keep up this standard I am so optimistic for the future of Raw.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

One more night of Styles not being on the A-show

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

Venomous posted:

I am so optimistic for the future of Raw.

You are making a big mistake pal

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

you cant confirm if they are only one person or not

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Professor Funk posted:

You are making a big mistake pal

God, I know, but let me have this one night. Just this night.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

Hope WWE uploads the 10 minute ovation Reigns received at the start of the show to youtube

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own
Ahh, the annual optimism circlejerk where smarks want to believe WWE will continue to push product this good out on a consistent basis, but deep down, they know they wont.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet

Venomous posted:

I'm afraid even that is too much

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002
Good episode of Raw, Shield/Newvolution feud delayed at least a week.

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

Venomous posted:

I, too, want to believe

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Venomous posted:

Raw was absolutely wonderful. They introduced The Revival perfectly, they introduced Kurt Angle perfectly, they reintroduced Finn perfectly, all of the booking on this show made perfect sense and if they keep up this standard I am so optimistic for the future of Raw.

Nice meltdown.

Korelle
Sep 18, 2010

Forceholy posted:

Ahh, the annual optimism circlejerk where smarks want to believe WWE will continue to push product this good out on a consistent basis, but deep down, they know they wont.

The show quality doesn't usually crater until after Summerslam tbh

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Raw didn't do much for me. Crowd was good though.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

Shinjobi posted:

Raw didn't do much for me. Crowd was good though.

Hey, at least The Rangers Finn won!

ColdBlooded
Jul 15, 2001

Ask me how to run a good team into the ground.
Crowd didn't chant for Evil Emma.

The worst post Wrestlemania crowd.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Ragnarok the Red posted:

Hey, at least The Rangers Finn won!

Finn Balòr confirmed better closer than Sam Dyson.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
WWE programming is consistently good.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

quote:

Roman Reigns is a good guy.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

trust me guys he's gonna turn heel any moment now

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

I'm feeling something new...something...I'm happy??!!
Roman Reigns is going to save a burning busload of orphans. When he pries open the doors with his bulging arms and the nuns/orphans get a look at their savior through the smoke they will say "nay, nay good sir. Leave us to die, for it is preferable than being saved by the big dog."

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Shinjobi posted:

Finn Balòr confirmed better closer than Sam Dyson.

Dyson had a rough night but I think the Rangers should give him a bit of rope, perhaps another couple of months

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Intruder posted:

Dyson had a rough night but I think the Rangers should give him a bit of rope, perhaps another couple of months

Rangers will, but they are not a broken shell of a sports fan like I am.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

It was so telling that Cole, speaking on behalf of WWE, thanked Orlando for the past week when Smackdown is also in Orlando tomorrow. poo poo will never be seen as important.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

so whats TNA claiming copyright over anyway? just the names or the whole concept of matt and jeff doing funny things

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

CrcleSqreSanchz posted:

Roman Reigns is going to save a burning busload of orphans. When he pries open the doors with his bulging arms and the nuns/orphans get a look at their savior through the smoke they will say "nay, nay good sir. Leave us to die, for it is preferable than being saved by the big dog."

Their dying screams, it's still said in whispers among the village residents, sounded a lot like.............like "wow wob"

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I was an idiot and glad to be wrong for once. Also Goldberg proved how to do one of those promos right. Furthermore that Raw was pretty good but I'm scared of the draft.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

CrcleSqreSanchz posted:

For any Better Call Saul viewers out there, I think WWE is gonna stage a heroic moment for Roman by having him save a man and his family from falling off a high rise billboard and it will conveniently be filmed and then posted online immediately.

This may help him get over.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Raw was really good and the only thing that really pissed me off about it was them trying to shill that "RAW AFTER MANIA, IT'S OPPOSITE DAY!" poo poo that y'know, kinda buries every other babyface on the roster.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

The Landstander
Apr 20, 2004

I stand on land.

Venomous posted:

Yeah honestly I thought the show was pretty strong overall booking-wise. GM Angle already has a better dynamic than Foley/Steph ever was.

Crowd was good but gently caress the beach ball thing

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Beach balls were always good.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The only thing I don't get if they DON'T turn Finn and they don't turn Roman, what the gently caress do he, Seth, and Brock all do? It's a logjam. Maybe #1 Contender Triple Threat while they do Braun/Brock or whatever the gently caress?

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

VJeff posted:

Raw was really good and the only thing that really pissed me off about it was them trying to shill that "RAW AFTER MANIA, IT'S OPPOSITE DAY!" poo poo that y'know, kinda buries every other babyface on the roster.

if i was neville or ali i'd be pissed at vince for making us go out after that

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

SamuraiFoochs posted:

The only thing I don't get if they DON'T turn Finn and they don't turn Roman, what the gently caress do he, Seth, and Brock all do? It's a logjam. Maybe #1 Contender Triple Threat while they do Braun/Brock or whatever the gently caress?

*spins wheel*

looks like another triple H vanity run is in order

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Nothing really makes sense until next week's draft is what I'm thinking.

I think after next week is when we see things finally fall into place.

• Locked thread