Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

orange juche posted:

Guns and alcohol lead to amazing decisions.

Yes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNEImAIM4L4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

orange juche posted:

Guns and alcohol lead to amazing decisions.
It's why my cousin walks funny now.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

KildarX posted:

Welp if you can figure out a way to bridge the gap between

"ALL GUNS ARE BAD MMMKAY" and " I AS A CITIZEN NEED TO BE ABLE TO GET GUNS AT THE DROP OF A HAT AND CARRY THEM EVERY WHERE", You'll find something I suppose.

You don't.

See this is the problem with any discussion. Everyfuckingthing is centered around the mythical idea of dividing something into a binary choice and bringing the hardline farthest leaning of those two sides together. Reality is we need to realize that most people in this country have a firm belief that guns aren't all that bad, but maybe we need to look at some reasonable measures to address needless or preventable firearm injuries/deaths. Starting from there we can ignore the "All guns are bad" and "MAH GUN RITEZ" bullshit while the adults in the room have a rational, reasonable discussion and come up with a simple registration process and sale background check system that doesn't let violent offenders and the extremely mentally ill buy guns unmonitored. Then have proper instructing classes and progressive/proactive safety programs in schools/communities.

Kinda like how we should treat discussions on things like health care, infrastructure plans, government budgets or stopping radical fundamentalist christian organizations from destroying basic science facts like the dinosaurs existing and the heliocentric model. Don't even entertain the fringe bullshit and make sure they understand that not only are their dumbass ideas unwelcome, but so are they.

I'm not a fan of democracy.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

DoktorLoken posted:

Eh, guns are awesome when used/owned responsibility. I really want to be part of a truly non-partisan or liberal leaning firearms organization ala the NRA (but not racist old pieces of poo poo).

GiP is liberal leaning organization in the broad sense of the term organization. So congratulations on achieving your goal!

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Congress has a spending deal, so it will likely be passed and signed this week. Donnie didn't get poo poo other than an increase in defense spending by like $15b. Congress ignored all of his other cut bullshit, it appears.

They're even funding Planned Parenthood.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

facialimpediment posted:

Congress has a spending deal, so it will likely be passed and signed this week. Donnie didn't get poo poo other than an increase in defense spending by like $15b. Congress ignored all of his other cut bullshit, it appears.

They're even funding Planned Parenthood.

I am happy for that, Planned Parenthood is good imo. gently caress conservatives trying to gut it.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

orange juche posted:

I am happy for that, Planned Parenthood is good imo. gently caress conservatives trying to gut it.

All indication is that Donnie got his budget request thrown back in his face. They're funding 99% of the EPA.

https://twitter.com/Bencjacobs/status/858880335832113152

Edit: still a big fight to be had on the funding for Obamacare subsidies as these aren't included. But lol Republicans and healthcare.

Edit2: Decent recap https://twitter.com/BraddJaffy/status/858878758371172352

I've also seen elsewhere that the National Institute of Health actually got a $2B increase when Donnie wanted a cut. Other than the $12B increase for defense and $1.5B increase for ICE (not for border poo poo or a wall), this is basically a Democratic bill.

Gonna be fun when this poo poo starts again in five months.

facialimpediment fucked around with this message at 04:27 on May 1, 2017

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
I wonder if he will do something dumb like refuse to sign it.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Ahahahahahahahahahahahaha

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
I don't think they took that little summoning everyone to meet the emperor for A VERY IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT stunt very well on a personal level.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

It's hard to handle all this winning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013
May Current Events thread is open.

• Locked thread