Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013
Proceed to discuss current events. poo poo up the thread and I probate your dumb rear end. Will add other rules later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
I found a ZIP disk today.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Nothing loving matters hail ss-18 satan may his passing cleanse the earth

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Godholio posted:

I found a ZIP disk today.

Better than a JAZ drive I guess

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

This is a nice thread

for me to poop on!

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki
The tail end of the March thread seems to have missed it, but today Russia appears to have seen the first domestic fruit of their fun adventures in Syria:

https://twitter.com/oldLentach/status/848866658194259968

Lentach mostly here because they're the first report I saw, and for that this is bad enough that they've replaced their standard "don't care shrug" avatar with black. For details in English: http://www.reuters.com/article/us-russia-blast-metro-idUSKBN17519G

In typical Russian metro fashion, the authorities apparently kept the other side of the tracks running for a few hours before finally deciding to close all stations. Nothing stops the metro.

Qtotonibudinibudet fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Apr 4, 2017

Sax Offender
Sep 9, 2007

College Slice

Metro aftermath.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

50/50 chance FSB did it. Donnie will probably tweet about it tomorrow and whine about how the mean judges stopped him from preventing this kind of thing here.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

I don't care who did it as long as it involves Russians slowly bleeding to death. Their only mistake was not killing all of them tbqh.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
Jesus dude.

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

https://twitter.com/JohnnyMcNulty/status/849040944401985536

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

What's the endgame for Putin? In power until the day he dies? He must be expecting a bullet if he retires to a dacha.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

What's the endgame for Putin? In power until the day he dies? He must be expecting a bullet if he retires to a dacha.

Continue to consolidate power at home while expanding Russian influence abroad. If he can't rise to the level of the West he's more than content to sink them to Russia's level.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I meant more personally, the man has to retire or die at some point. And what happens to the new Russia then?

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

I meant more personally, the man has to retire or die at some point. And what happens to the new Russia then?

Let chaos reign. But I think he plans to die in office. Something tells me he is out for putin not Russia

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
gently caress national events. Those are sad

Nostalgia talk, when everything was better.

I played the poo poo out of these two garbage games called No Greater Glory (civil war turn based) and pacific islands (stupidly hard tank simulator). Years later I've questioned if they were even real games but google says they existed.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Reverand maynard posted:

I don't care who did it as long as it involves Russians slowly bleeding to death. Their only mistake was not killing all of them tbqh.

Wow dude thats harsh.

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki

That may very well be the easiest option at this point. I would argue that Putin has boxed himself into a corner where there isn't much in the way of a viable option to replace him: the existing state is structured such that deference (even if feigned) to the head of federal authority is crucial to maintaining one's position, and opposition outside the state is routinely squashed. At present it would be difficult to allow Navalny (flawed as he is, the opposition doesn't seem to be putting forward many other candidates, and time has more or less run out to field someone else) to even put up a strong opposition--possibly they could with some idea towards allowing him to fail in hopes of engendering a renewed healthy opposition, but I find that option unlikely. More likely Putin will work to maintain the status quo, and as-is, that status quo means that Putin remains in power, whether that provides what he really wants for a Russia as a country or not.

Jun 27, 2002

Carrion Fairy

Casimir Radon posted:

50/50 chance FSB did it.

It sure comes at a convenient time. In the past weeks Russia has seen some of the biggest anti-putin protests in years.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

The logical conclusion is a KSB false flag in the US.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Reverand maynard posted:

A sentiment I can get behind.

666 posted:

It sure comes at a convenient time. In the past weeks Russia has seen some of the biggest anti-putin protests in years.

On the other hand they're blaming it on a Kyrgyz guy right now instead of the opposition. I don't know that they'd roll with that much subtly.

Sergg
Sep 19, 2005

I was rejected by the:

Pretty unusual for an anonymous terrorist attack in a Moscow metro during a time of massive civil unrest, with no claim of responsibility. Especially considering that every terrorist attack by ISIS and Chechen rebels in Russia was followed by a claim of responsibility.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

:perfect:

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Odysseus did nothing wrong.

Casimir Radon fucked around with this message at 14:30 on Apr 4, 2017

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Reverand maynard posted:

i just want death.

I want this to end with an execution.

Reverand maynard posted:

didi you go out to a car to grab a hammer and then beat their loving brains out? because I'm at this point in my life where if someone says some poo poo there is gonna be grey matter decorating walls.

Reverand maynard posted:

maybe you should take a break from the ce thread my man, i think all the weird trump poo poo is starting to gently caress you up

i expect this kind of lame internet tough guy edgy poo poo from fuckwits like cashmere retard and gynocology tendency but its pretty weird seeing you posting such dumb garbage

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

Hot Karl Marx fucked around with this message at 11:42 on Apr 4, 2017

dubzee
Oct 23, 2008

Current events: nerdlinger history edition

My first computer...

Then a C64 to a 486 SX (25 Mhz!!!)

The shareware version of DOOM came on three 1.44 Mb floppies, It took more than 12 hours to download the whole thing on a 4200 baud connection.

People get all huffy when their fiber Multi-MB connection gets flaky and I'm still over here on DSL livin' in the loving future.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
random thought of the day: i'm expecting a market crash before the end of the year.

GreenCard78
Apr 25, 2005

It's all in the game, yo.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...m=.30be5b451188

I haven't seen this elsewhere and it wasn't followed up with a FAKE NEWS attack which is kind of weird.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

GreenCard78 posted:

I haven't seen this elsewhere and it wasn't followed up with a FAKE NEWS attack which is kind of weird.

Came up yesterday and Fox News hasn't touched it, ergo, Trump's unaware.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

GreenCard78 posted:

I believe NBC News said they could only confirm parts of it. That's probably part of the reason why it didn't really lead a lot of the nightly newscasts.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

GreenCard78 posted:

:what:

See, this is why I think they should give Flynn immunity. God only knows what else he knows about, and if we get it under oath it can be used as evidence.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Pretty sure they shot down Flynn's attempt at immunity. General Misha dug his own grave, and it's gotta be deep if he publicly asked for immunity.

Who arrests these clowns when it all goes down? Marshals? Whip?

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

LITERALLY SHAKING posted:

Pretty sure they shot down Flynn's attempt at immunity. General Misha dug his own grave, and it's gotta be deep if he publicly asked for immunity.

oathkeepers

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Fat guys. Got it.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

LITERALLY SHAKING posted:

Assuming it goes through Congress, the Capitol Police. They're one of the few law enforcement bodies that are controlled by the legislative branch.

If it goes through a federal court, Marshals/FBI/whatever executive branch that hasn't been purged.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Time to buy stock in Chechen construction companies I guess?

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
Sessions just announced they will no longer be enforcing Civil Rights rules against police departments.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

CommieGIR posted:

Sessions just announced they will no longer be enforcing Civil Rights rules against police departments.

what

Is this real life

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

MA-Horus posted:

what

Is this real life

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-...m_medium=social