Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
officer safety and police morale come first

aka

shoot first if the person is a shade darker than lily white

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

https://twitter.com/AFP/status/849202402842615813

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

MA-Horus posted:

what

Is this real life

Pretty close, here's the memo that implication is drawn from:
https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/3535148-Consentdecreebaltimore.html
The less clickbaity version is

quote:

It is not the responsibility of the federal government to manage non-federal law enforcement agencies.
The memo is only a page and a half long. Just read it for yourself.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

joat mon posted:

I mean, I agree with him on principle, and if there wasn't an issue of police brutality and accountability I would agree with him completely.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

TBeats posted:

if there wasn't an issue of police brutality and accountability I would agree with him completely.

Similarly, I would think full communism is awesome if human brains worked in a fundamentally different way.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

joat mon posted:

The memo is only a page and a half long. Just read it for yourself.

Whose job is it to protect the constitutional rights of groups and individuals when local policing forces aren't up to the task? Militia groups? Seems well within the mandate of the DoJ.

Kawasaki Nun fucked around with this message at 15:05 on Apr 4, 2017

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Kawasaki Nun posted:

Whose job is it to protect the constitutional rights of groups and individuals when local policing forces aren't up to the task? Militia groups? Seems well within the mandate of the DoJ.

Courts, but that relies on court systems willing to enforce and prosecute police for violations. Above that, probably the DoJ.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

head on over to the D&D middle east thread if you want to see images and video of literal children convulsing because their muscles can't relax after being forced to contract (don't do that). I share 50FA's hatred of the people who make this poo poo. what a horrible way to go

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

redneck nazgul posted:

Courts, but that relies on court systems willing to enforce and prosecute police for violations. Above that, probably the DoJ.

Ah, so what we have here is the federal government passing the buck downward to the original violators with the assumption that they have mysteriously learned their lesson already. It's almost like the headlines were largely accurate

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Militias are only a good thing if they're full of white people. Taking over federal facilities and hiding under a tarp are optional.

So I'm totally looking forward to the second aerial bombing of Philadelphia as a result of the racist hobgoblin not enforcing civil rights.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

bird food bathtub posted:

Militias are only a good thing if they're full of white people. Taking over federal facilities and hiding under a tarp are optional.

So I'm totally looking forward to the second aerial bombing of Philadelphia as a result of the racist hobgoblin not enforcing civil rights.

But flying the Confederate flag, that's a civil right that needs to be enforced! Heratage not hate! :bahgawd:

BigDave fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Apr 4, 2017

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

mlmp08 posted:

Similarly, I would think full communism is awesome if human brains worked in a fundamentally different way.

I just agree with him in the same vein that I believe you shouldn't have to lock your doors when you go to sleep at night.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
The lack of any real oversight is why we have so many policing problems to begin with.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

Proud Christian Mom posted:

The lack of any real oversight is why we have so many policing problems to begin with.

State's rights

Melthir
Dec 29, 2009

I need to go scrap some money together cause my avatar is just sad.

orange juche posted:

hail ss-18 satan may his passing cleanse the earth

This needs to be made into a t shirt

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Melthir posted:

And an official religion

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

M_Gargantua posted:

And an official religion

Bless the maker and his fire, bless his coming and his going. May his fire cleanse the world. May he burn the world for his people.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
E: beaten

M_Gargantua posted:

And an official religion

"Yea, your suffering shall exist no longer; it shall be washed away in Atom's Glow, burned from you in the fire of his brilliance. Each of us shall give birth to a billion stars formed from the mass of our wretched and filthy bodies."

Children of Atom got you covered

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
Getting out of bed and retweeting Drudge Report - Now a presidential thing

Also: 2008 was so long ago, who even remembers that?

https://twitter.com/BraddJaffy/status/849277364634882048

Duzzy Funlop fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Apr 4, 2017

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Woof Blitzer posted:

State's rights, except in relation to things we don't care or do care for, hell we just want the other states to be exactly as we want them, stupid latte drinking LIEBERALS.

:yeah:

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
Spicer press gaggle, just about to start

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
"About to start" is a relative term.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
o'reilly is in a cascade now. 5 advertisers have pulled out. he is so hosed.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

ded posted:

o'reilly is in a cascade now. 5 advertisers have pulled out. he is so hosed.

There are very few people more deserving, so this will be a good day. Burn motherfucker.

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
As if some Trump connection doesn't have a little recipe sorter full of other advertisers to make up for it.

Hasn't O'Reilly gone down this path before?

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
Rush was supposedly on a death spiral years ago, and indeed there were a few weeks where he and Hannity had ad breaks made up of PSAs and dead air. But they survived.

After Rush called a woman a slut repeatedly on air, his listeners sure got to learn about heart attacks, whooping cough, drunk driving, etc.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

There was a tape of O'Reilly harassing a woman on her answering machine more than a decade ago and it didn't do much. Maybe the advertisers won't blink this time

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
It's not 2007 anymore, look at Cosby. If this stuff sticks he's probably done. He's already being called the 'Cosby of the news'

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Scarborough, who was tied into Donnie around that time, basically thinks that the island meeting for the Putin-Donnie back-channel was real.

So, say hello to my favorite news video today. Really good summation of the whole thing. https://twitter.com/JoeNBC/status/849292939012472832

Edit: and if that's not your thing - https://twitter.com/PennLive/status/849292737463693314

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

bird food bathtub posted:

There are very few people more deserving, so this will be a good day. Burn motherfucker.

I don't know how many turbonerds there are in this thread, but did anyone ever play Homeworld: Cataclysm? When you get the Siege Cannon up and running for the first time and take a shot at The Beast?

Buuuuuuuuuuurn.

Wakko
Jun 9, 2002
Faboo!

Melthir posted:

I didn't make this, but somebody here clearly did.

Shaddak
Nov 13, 2011

Reverand maynard posted:

I don't care who did it as long as it involves Russians slowly bleeding to death. Their only mistake was not killing all of them tbqh.

With all the alcohol in their systems, there's no way they're bleeding slowly.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Well, this is something.

https://twitter.com/Goldfarb/status/849295147175170048

Donnie wants to cut taxes bigly, but not blow a hole in the deficit, so they're looking at a value-added tax and a carbon tax.

Weird.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

facialimpediment posted:

Donnie wants to cut taxes bigly, but not blow a hole in the deficit, so they're looking at a value-added tax and a carbon tax.

Weird.

Yeah this doesn't sound like a Trump proposal to me.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Peetown Manning posted:

As if some Trump connection doesn't have a little recipe sorter full of other advertisers to make up for it.

Hasn't O'Reilly gone down this path before?

That's not how media planning works.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Wakko posted:

I didn't make this, but somebody here clearly did.

Yeah that came from someone in Cyrano's Ringo thread

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009
We have Value added Tax in the UK and I love it, it's the BEST. It was brought in to pay for the Falklands war but it never went away and now it's 20%....if I didn't claim most of mine back thanks to clever accountancy.

Don't most states already have a sales tax?

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Jesus, he's bragging about the election and threatening this union audience.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
Watch them tax the poo poo out of milk and bread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017

cowboy elvis posted:

That's not how media planning works.

Are we referring to the Mainstream Media or that other media that gets the "highest ratings" but is no way biased or conformist?

• Locked thread