Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Yeah um, I'll have to bow out, sorry. June, July and August are really busy times for me between work, vacation and other stuff, I wouldn't be able to play, edit videos, and post timely. I'm still going to watch this thread though! :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

Episode 24 - Everything Is Fine

I was originally going to cut this stream up into episode length chunks but you guys have waited long enough thanks to my laziness. Next up on the list is HerpicleOmnicron5 who will probably be better at updating than me. Uhh....sorry about that!

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

Faerie Fortune posted:

Episode 24 - Everything Is Fine

I was originally going to cut this stream up into episode length chunks but you guys have waited long enough thanks to my laziness. Next up on the list is HerpicleOmnicron5 who will probably be better at updating than me. Uhh....sorry about that!

Speaking of, here's my first update. It's intended to serve as a good entry point if you've either lost track or not seen the previous players. The game proper begins tomorrow.

Mount and Blade Warband - An Overview

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
Thank you May for playing in first person like a proper mount and blade professional.

Thank you Herp for playing in first person if you did, I haven't watched your video.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

90s Cringe Rock posted:

Thank you May for playing in first person like a proper mount and blade professional.

Thank you Herp for playing in first person if you did, I haven't watched your video.

I prefer first person, but I switched between them in that video.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
Thank you Herpicle2, but not Omicron3.

Thesaya
May 17, 2011

I am a Plant.
Mae; "destroying the efforts of the previous guys."
No, no you are continuing a stupid tradition.
I am still hoping for someone, despite it seemingly being a pointless one from what I've seen and people have told me, to try diplomacy.

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

I think eventually someone is going to have to. We've got a lot of relationships to repair if we want to climb the ladder to get into power and just rolling up and taking castles as an independent faction hasn't worked out for us twice now, I think its time to try something different!

Thesaya
May 17, 2011

I am a Plant.

Faerie Fortune posted:

I think eventually someone is going to have to. We've got a lot of relationships to repair if we want to climb the ladder to get into power and just rolling up and taking castles as an independent faction hasn't worked out for us twice now, I think its time to try something different!

I hope so, but so far, taking the smart route seems to have been quite alien to our players. :shobon:

BDA
Dec 10, 2007

Extremely grim and evil.
CirclMastr tried to bribe the Khergits into not hating him anymore but they wanted a ridiculous amount of money, like 35k gold or something.

Thesaya
May 17, 2011

I am a Plant.

Anime Reference posted:

CirclMastr tried to bribe the Khergits into not hating him anymore but they wanted a ridiculous amount of money, like 35k gold or something.

I am thinking more along the terms of making the people who does not hate us our actual friends. You know, get some proper allies.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Strength and Steel are the only things that can tame Calradia :colbert:

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

Thesaya posted:

I am thinking more along the terms of making the people who does not hate us our actual friends. You know, get some proper allies.

Rest assured, this is going to be one of my goals. The Rhodoks are best poised to be our best friends, and so we will become their best friends. Furthermore, establishing a strong officer corps will be needed for when we become landed, we need to spec some of our people intensely into leading large stacks of troops to support Joan's conquest. Alongside our great economic basis (thanks whoever bought all that stuff, it is the crutch that this campaign is hobbling around) we can easily afford all the troops we could ever want so it's entirely a matter of time for us to conquer the world.

krisslanza
May 6, 2011

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

Rest assured, this is going to be one of my goals. The Rhodoks are best poised to be our best friends, and so we will become their best friends. Furthermore, establishing a strong officer corps will be needed for when we become landed, we need to spec some of our people intensely into leading large stacks of troops to support Joan's conquest. Alongside our great economic basis (thanks whoever bought all that stuff, it is the crutch that this campaign is hobbling around) we can easily afford all the troops we could ever want so it's entirely a matter of time for us to conquer the world.

I'm sure someone next in line will mess it all up, don't worry! :v:

Mister Perky
Aug 2, 2010
I was beginning to wonder if there was some self-imposed "never join any kingdom but our own" limit or challenge that was in play.

Since it's collaborative we could perhaps vote on which faction to [temporarily] join to get started, but judging by the situation in Fae's latest video the Rhodoks seem to be our only option. :(

Joining the Rhodoks will also solve all our faction relation problems in one fell swoop, as we will immediately adopt their faction relationships, resetting our own.

Of course, at this point the Rhodoks are the big dog on the map so everyone else will probably declare war on them soon anyway so we'll be back to negative relations with everyone, but at least we'll have some muscle behind us.

But joining a faction, even temporarily, changes your faction relations to theirs. You are immediately at war (negative number) with their enemies and, more importantly to our situation, at truce (Zero) with whoever they're at truce with, even if we personally had negative relation. This even applies to when you take a 30 day mercenary contract.

gently caress 35K Peace Bribes, get paid by someone else to not be at war with them instead.

krisslanza posted:

I'm sure someone next in line will mess it all up, don't worry! :v:

Well, once we're in a faction, getting back out with our holdings intact is a bit tricky, and rife with ways to screw up. But totally doable if we coach and support each other! :unsmith:

Mister Perky
Aug 2, 2010
So, which lucky [Rhodok?] lord will get to go down in history as Mr. Joan D'arc?

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Thesaya posted:

Mae; "destroying the efforts of the previous guys."
No, no you are continuing a stupid tradition.
I am still hoping for someone, despite it seemingly being a pointless one from what I've seen and people have told me, to try diplomacy.

Rename Joan, lose all the army. It's important to start things off properly.

Thesaya
May 17, 2011

I am a Plant.

Veloxyll posted:

Rename Joan, lose all the army. It's important to start things off properly.

Those things are good, honest traditions really. It's the "attack everyone and take their castle" that I feel is just not working any more.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all
If I saddle up for a turn sometime, I'm sure I can keep the tradition alive. I'd go for John Dark as the name, personally. Gotta be incognito.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Thesaya posted:

Those things are good, honest traditions really. It's the "attack everyone and take their castle" that I feel is just not working any more.

It's bound to work eventually!

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Veloxyll posted:

It's bound to work eventually!

When the turn list wraps around I'll show you all :colbert: I'll show you ALL

Danaru fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Jul 7, 2017

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!

Alongside our great economic basis (thanks whoever bought all that stuff, it is the crutch that this campaign is hobbling around) we can easily afford all the troops we could ever want so it's entirely a matter of time for us to conquer the world.
That would be CirclMastr, who devoted a good 70-80% of their run to ensuring Joanne could have profitable businesses everywhere. This included a peace bribe or two in order to start some of them out.

Many tournaments were had.

Seriously, it looks like tournaments are a great way to build up initial cash reserves before running around and founding businesses in the vanilla game.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Danaru posted:

When the turn list wraps around I'll show you all :colbert: I'll show you ALL

I trust your ability to take castles Dan, it's the ability to keep them that seems to be the bigger problem :v:

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Heck, May even took Praven

Then lost the whole army. But eh, details.

krisslanza
May 6, 2011

Shei-kun posted:

That would be CirclMastr, who devoted a good 70-80% of their run to ensuring Joanne could have profitable businesses everywhere. This included a peace bribe or two in order to start some of them out.

Many tournaments were had.

Seriously, it looks like tournaments are a great way to build up initial cash reserves before running around and founding businesses in the vanilla game.

Tournaments have always been one of the best ways.
As long as it isn't one of them with a stupid weaponset to give you anyway :v:

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

Episode 25 - Let's get hitched.

The first part of our guaranteed success plan.

Thesaya
May 17, 2011

I am a Plant.
Seems like the one who had his heart set on "other ladies" might just need a higher relationship to agree.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

Episode 26 - Of Cuts and Chases

While the first part of our guaranteed success plan failed, the second part will surely succeed!

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

Episode 27 - Let's Take Some Land

Okay, the second part didn't turn out so well, but surely we'll have success in the end!

Thesaya
May 17, 2011

I am a Plant.
You scared the poo poo out of me, I thought you were saying that you failed somehow!
Now, of course, I am pretty sure that the next person in line will mess up the work you have done somehow but still, that was a good run!

UZworm
Feb 9, 2009

Young wild Elsweyrian
C'mon baby, do you have a soul gem
Oh lord.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Thesaya posted:

You scared the poo poo out of me, I thought you were saying that you failed somehow!
Now, of course, I am pretty sure that the next person in line will mess up the work you have done somehow but still, that was a good run!

Herp, gently caress up his plan? Surely not!

UZworm
Feb 9, 2009

Young wild Elsweyrian

Thesaya posted:

I am pretty sure that the next person in line will mess up the work you have done somehow

Hello I have only recorded one video but can already confirm this to be true

Mister Perky
Aug 2, 2010

UZworm posted:

Hello I have only recorded one video but can already confirm this to be true

Uh Oh.

So I'm going to go out on a bit of a limb and guess that we have a situation with regards to the status of Praven as our Imperial Capital.

BDA
Dec 10, 2007

Extremely grim and evil.
I'm assuming Praven immediately got visited by 800 angry Swadians, the same as every other time we've captured a location in this playthrough.

UZworm
Feb 9, 2009

Young wild Elsweyrian
Hello thread, it's uzworm time

Did you know that this entire thread exists partially because Chitlin bought me Warband and I refused to play it, which led to him and Fae having the conversation that led to this?

I still hadn't ever played it prior to my turn coming up.

Anyway, gently caress Chitlin, here's a video.

Joanne D'Cure's Bad Day - Featuring Chitlin, Charlotte, Loco and KillerEmcee

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

To be fair, the "order your men to attack without you" button is a trap and a bad button and the game never tells you this.

krisslanza
May 6, 2011

To be fair, the "order your men to attack without you" button is a trap and a bad button and the game never tells you this.

It takes 18 Swadian Knights to kill 3 Peasants, obviously.

Mister Perky
Aug 2, 2010
That actually went better than I was expecting!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

Mister Perky posted:

That actually went better than I was expecting!

only because nobody's attacked praven yet

i believe that'll be next episode

• Locked thread