Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
magikid
Nov 4, 2006
Wielder of the Soup Spoon
What is it with movie people?

"El Topo has many layers: the inner Platonic journey of enlightenment which's a mystical/prophetic issue, the issue of sexual liberty and political struggle/ war on imperialism. El Topo goes through many tough obstacles to learn that perfection can only be achieved trough nothingness, through embracing your weakness, which connects this with zen and with buddhist monks and Vietnam at the end. Despite its naivety, it's still original as hell and exciting for its search of transcendence." - some guy on Criticker

I mean what the loving poo poo is this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

To be fair it's El Topo. I wouldn't expect anything less than obnoxious wine snob stylings out of someone who would spend the time to review it online.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Hikers who pick up their dog's poo poo, put it in a plastic baggie, and tie it to a tree branch and leave it there. gently caress you.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

Picnic Princess posted:

Hikers who pick up their dog's poo poo, put it in a plastic baggie, and tie it to a tree branch and leave it there. gently caress you.
That's quite reasonably angry. It's baffling. Worse than just leaving it there, where at least it will dry out and decay/flake away.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Picnic Princess posted:

I saw it more a few years ago but I guess I went to parks more I don't know :shrug: What's the reasoning anyway? Is it like a bauble?

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
I think the idea is that they won't have to carry around poo poo in a bag the rest of the hike and they can pick it up to dispose of on the way back. Realistically, the amount of people who follow through on it...

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

It seems to have gotten worse here recently but at the same time outdoor recreation has increased dramatically too, I've been extremely active and invested in mountain recreation for a decade now and the amount of people on trails now is ridiculous compared to before. Social media is really driving this intense growth in people finding what was previously considered secret locations and causing overcrowding, and with that comes major litter and pollution issues. All of my outdoor recreation peers who actually involve their dog in their activities either pack it out or leave it to decompose naturally so I personally know no one who can give me an explanation as to why this is a thing.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

I think the idea is that they won't have to carry around poo poo in a bag the rest of the hike and they can pick it up to dispose of on the way back. Realistically, the amount of people who follow through on it...

Yeah but I saw it in parks in the middle of the city. With rubbish bins all around.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

The answer to this question is always 'humans are loving disgusting.'

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Yeah I saw a dude pick up his dog's poo poo into a little bright green bag, walk 2 steps and chuck it into some apartment building's garden. There was a garbage can just half a block away in the direction he was walking. Without a lot of heavy handed "social engineering" and generations of culture to build up traditions of basic politeness, humans natural state seems to be absolute disgusting garbage.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
I always assumed they think they are doing whoever does the groundskeeping in the park a favor by making it easier for them to see it/pick it up. Some people think that just because a person is paid to clean something, it means you aren't expected to make any effort yourself. You see the same attitude in public bathrooms too, or in offices where people think "don't worry about it, the janitor will get that".

I mean, technically it is their job, but you're still an rear end in a top hat if you go out of your way to make it more difficult/gross for them. Unfortunately I think a lot of people are raised without ever learning to clean up after themselves and will never learn unless all the people picking up after them disappear suddenly.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

yeah I eat rear end posted:

I always assumed they think they are doing whoever does the groundskeeping in the park a favor by making it easier for them to see it/pick it up. Some people think that just because a person is paid to clean something, it means you aren't expected to make any effort yourself. You see the same attitude in public bathrooms too, or in offices where people think "don't worry about it, the janitor will get that".

I mean, technically it is their job, but you're still an rear end in a top hat if you go out of your way to make it more difficult/gross for them. Unfortunately I think a lot of people are raised without ever learning to clean up after themselves and will never learn unless all the people picking up after them disappear suddenly.

Too bad the groundskeeper is literally only responsible for things on the ground so it's dogshit christmas all year round!

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Smart people make their dogs carry their own poo poo and poo poo-bags by putting those little cargo harnesses on them.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Baronjutter posted:

Smart people make their dogs carry their own poo poo and poo poo-bags by putting those little cargo harnesses on them.

Just let the dog eat the dog poo poo that's what they do anyway.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

I lived with a guy whose mum was an absolutely obsessive cleaner - like cleaning the house twice a day kind of ridiculous. She always did everything and now he's completely incapable of the most basic cleaning. When we moved out of our first house we had to tidy the place up and his room had literally not been cleaned once in 3 years, and his loving mum and sisters came over and did it all for him. It just doesn't even occur to him that he'd ever need to do it because surely someone else will be along in a minute and sort it for you.

It was unreal. I'm lazy about keeping house, but that means I maybe don't get around to the bigger jobs for a couple weeks, not living in filth for years at a time.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

This park is wildland alpine meadows with loving grizzly bears and moose and poo poo in the middle of the Rocky Mountains. No grounds keepers here.

But that reminds me of a time I was 5km into a 22km backpacking trip and we passed a girl who asked where the garbage can was. So maybe these dogshit leavers actually do think the meadows are tended to.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

people throw garbage out of their car windows when they could just leave it in their loving car for five more minutes until they get home/to work/literally anywhere because trash cans and dumpsters exist in suburban areas holy poo poo

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

People who try to sing along with the radio but they only know about 10% of the words

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

Nostradingus posted:

People who try to sing along with the radio but they only know about 10% of the words

Or sing totally off time and off rhythm

To quote everyone's favorite hated song Bohemian Rhapsody (first thing that came to my head)

I'm just a pooooor boy....... I need no sym-paa-thyyy

I'm...... apoor.. boy....................neednosympathy

Or this manager I hated would sing along with Kanye West's gold digger and believed the words actually were "broke-broke" and did it in this horrible rhythm that wasn't even like the censored version of the song

Now I ain't saying she's a gold digger .. but she ain't messin with no broke broke

..... golddigger..................*does some weird bopping thing with her head*..........broke-Ah-broke(saying it super fast).......

So annoying.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

Thin Privilege posted:

Or sing totally off time and off rhythm

To quote everyone's favorite hated song Bohemian Rhapsody (first thing that came to my head)

I'm just a pooooor boy....... I need no sym-paa-thyyy

I'm...... apoor.. boy....................neednosympathy

Or this manager I hated would sing along with Kanye West's gold digger and believed the words actually were "broke-broke" and did it in this horrible rhythm that wasn't even like the censored version of the song

Now I ain't saying she's a gold digger .. but she ain't messin with no broke broke

..... golddigger..................*does some weird bopping thing with her head*..........broke-Ah-broke(saying it super fast).......

So annoying.

I thought "broke broke" is used in the radio edit instead of "broke nigga"

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

The Snoo posted:

people throw garbage out of their car windows when they could just leave it in their loving car for five more minutes until they get home/to work/literally anywhere because trash cans and dumpsters exist in suburban areas holy poo poo

This is the only thing that really incites road rage in me. Dude in front of me swerving? That's scary, hope he's not drunk. Lady cutting me off? Geez, pay attention! Person hurling garage out their window? I want to find you.

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

A guy at work has a habit of just disappearing for 20 minutes at a time, at least once an hour. Always at the busiest times during the dinner rush. My supervisor has called him out on it a few times, but he just becomes confrontational with her. For some reason, this causes her to drop the subject and then she complains to me about it later.
What really pissed me off, though, is what he did yesterday. He was gone for nearly an hour while she and I were working on closing the kitchen. When he sauntered back in, she asked where he'd been, and he looked up at the screen.
"HAHA there aren't even any orders!" He laughed and started to walk out of the kitchen again. I flipped out at him. I yelled at him that there was a lot of cleaning to be done, that just because he wasn't closing didn't mean he could slack off. That I'd had enough of his attitude.
He looked at me with his stupid usual cocky smirk, said "You're not my boss," and went back outside.
Little does he know that I am getting a promotion in just a few days, when my current supervisor leaves. I WILL be his boss. And I will not be putting up with his bullshit. This is going to be fun, guys.

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

This isn't Middle Earth, Quentin. There aren't enough noble quests to go around.

yo rear end is grass posted:

He looked at me with his stupid usual cocky smirk, said "You're not my boss," and went back outside.
Little does he know that I am getting a promotion in just a few days, when my current supervisor leaves. I WILL be his boss. And I will not be putting up with his bullshit. This is going to be fun, guys.

:getin:

Please post an update after you fire him.

My pet peeve right now is so minor and stupid. I have a puppy and I am trying to train him not to jump up on people. When I'm out walking him, strangers will firstly just approach him and start petting him without asking and then when he jumps up they're all "Oh awwww what a good boy!" That's reinforcing him jumping up on people! Agh!

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

Mouse Dresser posted:

:getin:

Please post an update after you fire him.

My pet peeve right now is so minor and stupid. I have a puppy and I am trying to train him not to jump up on people. When I'm out walking him, strangers will firstly just approach him and start petting him without asking and then when he jumps up they're all "Oh awwww what a good boy!" That's reinforcing him jumping up on people! Agh!

You want fun? Try training a Service Dog.

Right now I have a young Standard Poodle, Liberty Belle, in training. At home she's fine. If she's in our booth, fine. Out in public? Whirling dervish of PLAY. So we've taken to using a Halti or Gentle Leader on her. It helps her focus on her job and not on all those potential friends. Most people assume it's a muzzle, and leave us alone.

Corrode posted:

The answer to this question is always 'humans are loving disgusting.'

The late, great Miss Mia, my Service Dog for 13 years, once refused to go into a bathroom with me at a Ren faire. You could tell she was thinking, "Human beings are disgusting!'

I've yet to see any evidence she was wrong.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

A guy at work has a habit of just disappearing for 20 minutes at a time, at least once an hour. Always at the busiest times during the dinner rush. My supervisor has called him out on it a few times, but he just becomes confrontational with her. For some reason, this causes her to drop the subject and then she complains to me about it later.
What really pissed me off, though, is what he did yesterday. He was gone for nearly an hour while she and I were working on closing the kitchen. When he sauntered back in, she asked where he'd been, and he looked up at the screen.
"HAHA there aren't even any orders!" He laughed and started to walk out of the kitchen again. I flipped out at him. I yelled at him that there was a lot of cleaning to be done, that just because he wasn't closing didn't mean he could slack off. That I'd had enough of his attitude.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

I am SO looking forward to the followup on this. :allears:

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Oh my god please please make this guy's life a living hell before you put him down

Sic Semper Goon
Mar 1, 2015

Eu tu?

:zaurg:

Switchblade Switcharoo

If your supervisor is that gutless and impotent, I suggest you take full advantage of it.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

This already sounds like the beginning of a standard stdh.txt so you might as well marry them right now.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

*in perfect managerese* you're fired!

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Poor Jerry Cotton, thought of work place dynamics and died.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

Intoluene posted:

I thought "broke broke" is used in the radio edit instead of "broke nigga"

It is, but she thought those were the REAL lyrics and didn't believe it was a censored version. This was before smartphones and all that so it's not like I could have busted out my phone to prove her wrong.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I never knew that either. I've definitely never listened to that song on my own time though.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

veni veni veni posted:

I never knew that either. I've definitely never listened to that song on my own time though.

It’s amazing because like Cassandra he could see the future, yet could not avoid it.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
So I scheduled a doctors appointment yesterday at my local clinic because my leg has been bugging me for weeks, it's not getting better and I want to see if they can find out what's going on.

I check with my manager yesterday if it's okay to take off 3 hours early. I live about 25-30 min away from my work. It's at 3 but I ask to go at 2 so that I can make it on time even if I get held up a little. I estimate I'd be waiting and in the office for 30 min, so by the time I'm done and got back to work I'd have an hour left in my shift at which point it's not worth it to drive back. This all gets the okay by her as we have tons of coverage and I even offer to call in a friend for the last 3 hours if needed and they say it's fine.

So today hits and the senior of my department goes "normally for doctor visits you leave, come back, and finish your shift"

You loving kidding me? I'd have an hour left. Yeah he doesn't care I should finish it off. I say okay because I don't want to lose it on him but I'm ready to walk. I find another manager and tell him I'm not coming back, I cleared it and his reasoning is bullshit. If they need people I'll get someone. I get told the guy was just worried I scheduled an appointment to get out of work early. I work 9:15-5:15 three days a week, 10-6 once, and 1:30 to close on Friday. Sat/Sun I have off but the clinic is closed then and they're only open 9-5. So tell me how the gently caress I'm supposed to get an appointment for Friday morning and that's it?

Just tell me straight up if there's an issue and what I can do to solve it. Don't tell me some dumb poo poo reasoning I've never been told before (I've scheduled appointments before without this being an issue). The thing that gets me is that I've told them over and over I have a buddy willing to pick up those three hours and I'll call him. They never once told me to do so yet. If my leaving early is a problem I have a solution so go gently caress yourselves if your problem is simply I'm leaving early.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.

Glazier posted:

It’s amazing because like Cassandra he could see the future, yet could not avoid it.

I like to imagine that if she'd survived Troy she would have become the smuggest person in Greece. "I know, I know... you don't believe me due to my curse, and you never will... but remember what happened to the last city who "didn't believe me?" "Uuuggghhhh...Goooodddd... They were razed to the ground by enemy forces..." "Exactly.So even if you don't believe me, maybe preparing would be prudent regardless? If not, I'll be over on that hill if you need me... with my popcorn, watching and laughing..."

Either that or the ultimate Nihilist, completely giving no shits about anyone because they're all doomed to die of their own stupidity anyway.

BioEnchanted has a new favorite as of 21:07 on Aug 2, 2017

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Picnic Princess posted:

I had a couple involve me in their fetish while I was at work. I worked in the lingerie department at Wal-Mart, and this couple in their mid-20s came in. The woman asked me if we carried sun bras. The man had this poo poo-eating grin on his face. I said I never heard of a sun bra before. She was wearing a shirt with snaps instead of buttons, and she rips it open to expose her bra and says "it looks like this" with this aggressive look on her face, staring me directly in the eyes. I poo poo you not, her boyfriend yelled "Helloooo nurse!" while still grinning like an idiot and laughing. She then explained that there was no seam between the strap and the cup and was asking if we had those. I was so flustered I don't even remember my response.

I guess I should be grateful it only went as far as flashing her underwear to strangers.

I used to work sporting goods at Walmart and one morning a guy called my department to ask if we had any extra large cups left because he was "hung like a moose."

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
When people don't answer texts when they're obviously at their phone, and not busy. specifically, when you've been talking and they just stop for no reason.

Can't "hey I can't talk now but let's talk later" be a new thing?

Or just a "I'm busy so I won't respond very much"

When you've been talking to someone for some significant period of time and they just stop responding it would be nice to get a heads up.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
Along those lines, when someone texts you "Hey what's up?" then you text back within about a minute or so "Not much, what's up with you?" and then their next response is 18+ hours later and/or about some completely different subject out of nowhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

The Snoo posted:

A girl I used to work with threw a bag of our Taco Bell trash out the window of her car one time like it was nothing and I was blown away and horrified by how casually she did it like it was the most normal thing in the world

She's dead from heroin now though so I guess that got worked out

• Locked thread