Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

People who walk on the wrong side of the sidewalk, specially when it's busy and like everyone else is keeping right except for them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

What's wrong with imgur now?

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Yeah I just drag and drop files and it works fast and easy and I'm constantly re-hosting people's poo poo just outright thieving all the IP. Don't need an account either.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

veni veni veni posted:

Id love to pick the brain of someone who leaves their dog poo poo in a bag on the trail.

Like, you actually put effort into making it worse than if you had just left the poo poo on the ground. What's your thought process there buddy?

I've seen it happen, I was going to ask the dude why the gently caress he went though the effort to bagging the dog poo poo only to toss it maybe 2' to the side of the trail in full view, but he was this huge skinhead covered in tattoos walking 2 unfixed unleashed pit bulls he had to keep screaming at to behave. The other time I actually saw it was downtown, big recreational body builder guy with a pitbull. Scoops it up into a bag then tosses it under a bush in someone's garden. Only 2 instances but the "type" seems to be lovely big dudes with pitbulls??

And yeah, the amount of garbage you see in parks is really sad. Dogshit bags, chip/food bags are the big ones. I'm fine tossing apples cores and banana peels and poo poo into the woods, just toss it good and far from the trail so no one will see them. Only a couple times after having horrible allergy attacks have I dumped tissues into the woods, but I went off-trail and hid them under some leaves in a muddy area where they could break down in peace.

I often wish I had a super power where I could touch garbage and get a flash of the object's last memories and see who did it, then track them down and cut them. I'd be the lamest super-hero but I'd be doing an important job.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I think huuuuuge fines and or even a little jail time could maybe scare the poo poo out of people to stop loving littering in protected parks. Or anywhere really, just stop littering, period. There's garbages all over the loving place, just use them.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

yeah I eat rear end posted:

I think in the end it comes down to lack of government funding for the parks so they have to be overly accepting of any and every tourist because they are the only reason they are staying afloat. If they had more discretion of who they let in maybe things would be better. A national park isn't a dog park or a playground, it's an important site of either natural or historical importance, have some respect or stay out.

Massive insane fines would be an influx of cash. There's so many lovely social problems that stem from a lack of money for enforcement/cleaning plus a lack of any meaningful fines or punishments. Get two birds stoned at once with huge huge fines. Use those fines to pay for cleaning and more enforcement. Everyone wins, except lovely park littering scum.

Also way more fines should be based on % of yearly income. I want some lovely rich kid fined 150,000 for tossing his fast food packaging in a park.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I've never had a problem with horse poo poo. It doesn't really stink and within a few hours it's just some grassy mud.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

If anyone finds my apple cores deep in the middle of a provincial park I'll eat my hat. Bugs and rot and general temperate rainforestness get rid of those things fast.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

People not understanding zipper merging is very very bad.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Leavemywife posted:

People who complain about having to work on their birthday.

My wife's previous workplace actually gave everyone the day off on their birthday, it was really nice and it also saved the office from having to do any stupid social committee birthday bullshit where your manager gets a cake or passes a card around or any of that poo poo no one cares about. I think it was a good policy.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Che Delilas posted:

*PUSH*

I am homeless.
I am gay.
I have AIDS.
I'm new in town...

Just wanted to say I appreciated this

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

yo rear end is grass posted:

Due to our work schedules, my girlfriend and I usually stay up quite late. She'll often call out to her cat to cuddle with her, and get progressively louder until she's yelling the cat's name. At like 2 or 3 in the morning. I've tried to explain to her that he's a cat, that he's not going to come at her command, but she insists he does it whenever I'm not around. Maybe it's true, I don't know, but I DO know that she's probably pissing off our neighbours in the adjoining apartments.

Thanks that at least one of you is self-aware enough to realize this. I have some neighbours where I think the boyfriend works weird hours so sometimes he doesn't come home until around midnight. He's a big guy so there's some stomping, but that ends quickly. They then have conversations where I can hear every detail of what she is saying but usually can't hear him at all. Some people just have no concept of having an "inside voice" or understanding that when everyone else in the building is trying to sleep and the neighbourhood is silent even your normal voice is enough to keep everyone up, but guess what, since it's so quiet you can talk very softly and whoever you're talking to can still hear you!

She was once sitting practically perched in an open window looking out while talking to her boyfriend who was in another room. The whole loving neighbourhood was woken up by extreme 20-something up-talking at 1am and my wife actually went over in her PJ's. The guy was super apologetic.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Loud breathing. Don't breathe so loving loud. If one of your nostrils is clogged and the other is making an intense whistling sound then breathe (quietly) through your mouth or something. Can you not hear how loud you are?

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Yeah, I know it's unfair but I pretty much wish death on anyone who can't exist without making constant annoying gross sounds. From loud breathing to gross eating noises to fiddling with plastic bags to coughing to not having an "inside voice". It's unfair but holy poo poo just make an effort.

My friend was dating a huge fat guy for a while and he'd just wheeze and pant watching TV. I thought he was winded from just walking from his car to inside, but it only subsided a tiny bit, he was that winded simply from existing. I felt really bad for him, obesity to that level is really a mental health issue and I have a lot of sympathy for that. But I still just want all loud breathers to shut the gently caress up or go away. I'm unreasonably angry! I have horrible allergies to the point where I can't even see because there's goop coming out of every hole in my face sometimes, but I excuse myself from the room to blow my nose, avoid snorting and sniffling in public, and try to be constantly aware of any potential gross congested breathing sounds I might be making.

Another one is smells. And once again, there's tons of people with mental health issues that result in them not bothering to bathe them selves, there's people with medical conditions, I get it, but holy poo poo gently caress off with the awful body odor. If you're that depressed just stay home and stink by yourself, if you're going out into the world please wash and apply what ever antiperspirants or medicated deodorants you need.

Baronjutter has a new favorite as of 22:20 on Jul 18, 2017

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Bird in a Blender posted:

I guess this is a corollary, but I saw a family where they were charging their ipad, but instead of sitting where the charging station was, they were all sitting like 6 seats over. So this ipad is just sitting their charging and taking up a seat. It was busy and there were barely any empty seats, and here's an ipad on a seat all by itself.

Move the ipad onto the floor and sit down. Quite often the only reason so many of these little obnoxious things keep happening is that the people doing them never experience any pushback. Push the idiot who just got off the metro and has to stop and "get their bearings" blocking everyone behind them. Elbow past with a little firm but polite "excuse me" for idiots who stand on the left side of escalators. These people need some gentle corrections or they'll never learn.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Yeah I saw a dude pick up his dog's poo poo into a little bright green bag, walk 2 steps and chuck it into some apartment building's garden. There was a garbage can just half a block away in the direction he was walking. Without a lot of heavy handed "social engineering" and generations of culture to build up traditions of basic politeness, humans natural state seems to be absolute disgusting garbage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Smart people make their dogs carry their own poo poo and poo poo-bags by putting those little cargo harnesses on them.

• Locked thread