Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

veni veni veni posted:

People who fly at stop signs at full speed just to slam on their brakes at the last second. Are you going to hit me or what buddy?

Similar to this but people who slowly start to pull out onto the road as you're passing. I can't read your mind I have no idea if you saw me and you're actually going to come out and hit me or not

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Catberry posted:

:stonk:

You're not making this easy for me. I wish you would have gone with "egg plant" or "radish" Rather than another example of the nectar of the gods (The gods are fat, go figure)

When I was a kid I didn't like onions. Because the flavor is very strong and onion has the texture of raw apple and that bothers me a lot when eating foods that's supposed to have a different texture. Crunchiness where crunchiness has no business being.

My mother had sole custody of me and I sometimes spent weekends with my father. I told mom that I didn't like onions so the food she gave me had no onion.

Well my father wouldn't have any of that. He maintained that no one could really dislike onion and onion was in everything anyway. That it was just a flavor enhancer and you didn't really eat the onion itself. So he started sneaking onion into my food to prove me wrong.

Yeah he was a good sneaker and when I wasn't looking for onion I sometimes didn't find it. So he then quizzed me on which food had and didn't have onion. I failed the quiz and that proved him right, that no one could really dislike onion, and the food he made would now contain onion where he deemed it appropriate. Sometimes I wouldn't taste it. Sometimes I fished out little onion pieces to put on the side of my plate which angered him to no end.

It's a silly thing to do too cause children's palates actually are a lot more sensitive than those of an adults and foods taste a lot stronger to them. Adults just seem to assume children taste things the same as they do and it's not true at all, your sense of taste just gradually weakens over time. It's why my grandparents cover basically every single savory food with black pepper

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

honda whisperer posted:

Are you actively passing someone? Continue on and gently caress tailgaters.

Are you camped out in the fast lane and not passing? Or staying there to pass the next car in the middle lane a hundred or more yards away? I hate you with all that I have.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

The General posted:

I have never seen somebody do this in my life. I am sorry for you, because I would probably blow a gasket if I saw that IRL.

I do it but I don't think I really thought about it before now. Are there no left handed people who do the opposite it just feels more natural to use your dominant hand to shovel food into your mouth

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Mezzanine posted:

No, I don't camp out in the fast lane. I made a point of saying that I go at least a little above the speed limit because the impatient fucks will always show up whenever someone in the right lane decides to match speeds with me. Now I've got the impatient gently caress on my rear end, and my options are 1) Go way over the speed limit in order to completely pass, then let the impatient gently caress through, or 2) Slow down and get behind the right lane. Both of these will likely cause an accident, because some impatient gently caress just HAS to go faster.

If you mean illegal to be IN the fast lane unless passing, rather than being a general "avoid using the fast lane unless passing", I was not aware of that. I try to be as accommodating as possible, but still.

I don't mean to be rude but if you refuse to go at least 10 miles over the speedlimit on the highway you are an old lady who shouldn't be driving on a highway

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Mezzanine posted:

Highways are no problem. I know I'm a 35 yo male old lady so I stay in the right two lanes then. I was talking more about, y'know, curvy local two-lane roads where the posted limit is 45, I'll stay between 50-55. Sorry to be so vague and/or pedantic. Shoulda just said "I hate tailgaters".

It's ok my last four posts including this one have involve the term old lady so I'm kinda boxing myself in with this insult

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Tiggum posted:

Only normal for Americans. Everyone else in the world thinks you look like stupid children eating that way.

Tiggum even other Australians think your view on food is weird let's not get uppity at the other countries

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

HaB posted:

This. The word you are looking for is voila. See also: "per say" and "for all intensive purposes".

It's an inside joke nigga

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

As opposed to a field joke nigga???

I don't know sports terms. Is field the baseball equivalent to portside

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

ArtIsResistance posted:

People who call jokes made with people they post with who wouldn't give a poo poo if you died inside jokes

Weren't you permabanned or something

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Yeah that's not even "an obnoxious little thing" rolling coal should be cause for a posse to get together and destroy the loving truck entirely

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Pick posted:

You just lost the game.

I don't get it

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Pick posted:

You just lost the game.

Wait I looked it up didn't you lose this too technically. Is that how this thing is supposed to spread

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Rolo posted:

I legit miss the habit. I'll be hosed if I'm gonna be a vape person because it is not the same, so I just had to quit instead of dying painfully.

Sometimes I wonder if I made the right choice, yo.

Vaping is so unrewarding. I've never been a smoker unless I'm drunk or something but a cigarette is actually a fun social tool and tastes good. Vaping is none of that

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Sic Semper Goon posted:

I once got the angry death glare from a waitress behind the counter of a bar a friend and I went to once, the entire time I was there.

I asked him to watch her when I went to check on something on the other side of the bar, and he confirmed that she was glaring at me the whole time.

I didn't think I was that ugly, but there you go.

I always figure a lot of the time this happens they're either trying to figure out if you're a different person that they know or they've already mistaken you for that person

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I hate when people post fake news headlines or articles in the Funny News Headlines thread. It's not funny if an alligator eats a naked nun if it's not real! The only humor that exists in 99% of the titles is the absurdity of them actually being a thing or a legit mistype or something. You can tell fake news sites pretty much immediately.

That sort of thing wouldn't piss me off so much if it wasn't like every third one posted and the fact that the OP is to blame for most of them

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I hate those ads on sites you have to slide all the way up the screen to get through them like you're rolling up a sleeve or something

Similarly it drives me crazy when sites deliberately load ads slower so if you try to click a link you'll click the ad instead. And they're usually littered like minefields around the actual links. Cracked is one of the worst for that

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Fried Watermelon posted:

Whenever a webpage tries to shame me for not turning off ad block or subscribing to their newsletter

Click here if you want to hear more quirky news from us or click here to PUNCH A BABY IN THE FACE LOL XD

https://t.co/nUWWlpKX9R

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Jerry Cotton posted:

If my co-workers hadn't pointed out all the mistakes I'd made I would never have learned anything. Positive reinforcement is a myth perpetuated by bad people.

In a kitchen atmosphere it's really dumb and people only do it because Gordon Ramsey and Anthony Bourdain glorified it. Chefs who think they have to act like they're angry TV celebrities suck and negatively impact the kitchen under them til they're left with the only people asaholeish and misanthropic enough to stay. It's dumb and unnecessary.

There are team jobs way more high stress than restaurant work that don't feel the need to treat everyone like poo poo because they don't have that dumb archetype built up around them

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

om nom nom posted:

In a kitchen atmosphere if some idiot is loving up I will most assuredly let them know immediately. I won't call them an idiot, the first time, but mistakes need to be addressed and corrected, especially in an environment where the job is constant repetition and the goal is the flawless reproduction of various dishes; mistakes that are not addressed become bad habits very quickly. And then the idiot with low self esteem gets fired because he always fucks up, rather than feeling a little down for a little while, but learning what he should be doing and fixing the mistake.

That's not to say I'm yelling at people all the time, I actually tend to be very tactful in the kitchen, at least the first couple of times I need to talk to somebody. I like to make people I've talked to feel like they are learning to make badass food correctly and that's cool and fun, not focus on the gently caress up. But if someone is working slowly, in a dangerous manner, or using improper technique I will immediately bring it up and correct the behavior in the moment. I'll say nice job to people a handful of times every day, if they are going above and beyond, but doing your job correctly is the reason you are paid, and and we send you a thank you note for doing your job right every other Friday. Not addressing something that is being done wrong because sometimes some things are done right is loving asinine. I don't care if you are a 90% perfect employee in the kitchen, that other 10% is what needs to be addressed and change.

I'm not arguing against correcting people who are doing stuff incorrectly, just against where that leads some restaurants into becoming toxic work environment hell holes because "that's the way it has to be". It's not. There's no reason for an entire kitchen to dump on the new guy like it's some sort of hazing ritual, cause new people are gonna gently caress up. I'm not saying they should be coddled but you shouldn't be sending people home feeling like poo poo every night because that's somehow how you've come to view cooking culture

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

yeah I eat rear end posted:

Also amusement parks like disney. People there are already idiots regarding walking without plowing into people, and the presence of a shitload of the tank-sized quadruple wide strollers makes it hell on earth. Your precious princess 1 year old isn't going to remember the trip anyway, leave her with a babysitter.

Eh that's more for the parents than the kid. The baby's still going to be reacting to things and it'll be a nice memory/picture opportunity for the future

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Master Twig posted:

People who name their children Aiden, or anything that rhymes with it, make me unreasonably angry.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Cowslips Warren posted:

Obnoxious thing: having a loving Comicon in late May/June. WTF Phoenix! Who arranges that poo poo, when it's 100* outside and likely close to that inside the buildings with all the body heat? I really would like to go, but the temperature always puts me off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PYt0SDnrBE

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I'm not sure what automatic phone update did it but something erased my saved terms etc in my word bank and now it won't even remember swear words. Like it will correct them every time. Did I accidentally download some weird kids or Christian censor app without noticing? I post here on the awful app the majority of the time so it's pretty obnoxious to post something and then realize I have to edit it cause my phone made it look like a markov bot did it

Edit: whoops meant for this to go in the complaint thread. Still some person must be behind this

Aesop Poprock has a new favorite as of 10:30 on May 29, 2017

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Bertrand Hustle posted:

Thread content: arguing with Tiggum. He's either a bad troll whose gimmick is being the densest motherfucker on the planet, or he is actually the densest motherfucker on the planet.

Why bother?

He's 1/3 each both of those and 1/3 sincere from what I can tell

Except for the bad part. Bad trolls don't get responses but Tiggum still even triggers me from time to time

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

yo rear end is grass posted:

My cousin recently had a daughter. She named her Fall.
I asked why, and she said because her favourite season is fall. I asked "Why not Autumn then?" and she rolled her eyes and told me that so many girls are named Autumn, but never Fall. Yeah, there's probably a good reason for that.

Are you legally expected to name your kid? I think it'd be hilarious if you just let your kid grow up to name themselves whatever they wanted

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

bean_shadow posted:

Why would you take a newborn to Disney World? If it's wrong to question that, then fine, I'm wrong.

I don't have a kid, but my sister has a 7 month old and as a family it's fun to bring her places and see her reactions to things if we're out together. Disney world would be utterly exhausting for a baby but I understand the sentiment behind it. My parents brought me to Disney world when I was 1 and the pictures from that are the only ones I have of me and my great grandparents who died before I could remember them

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Khazar-khum posted:

We have a booth at many festivals and renfaires and such. I understand wanting to bring the babby, maybe for pictures like you said, or just to get out of the house for a bit and get the kid some air. But jfc, if you're going to take a little babby, make sure it has a hat or some kind of shade. It drives me crazy to see moms chatting while the little guy helplessly roasts away.

I had a big goofy floppy safari hat on

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Sic Semper Goon posted:

Dunno about you, but every Craig I've known has been a prick and a criminal.

My best friend is named Craig and he just got married and he's awesome and I'm gonna go stay with him for a weekend. Keep your Craig prejudice to yourself!

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Jerry Cotton posted:

RIP goon Aesop Poprock, latest victim of Married Craig the Long Con Week-End Guest Serial Murderer.

There's no way that's going to happen...

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Thin Privilege posted:

Final Fantasy VII sucks, it IS a fact :smugbert:

It's not bad at all people are jerks about it grrr

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Lindsey is the only person to come from TGWTG who is worth anything other than the cinema snob and even he's got more misses than she does. Or I guess Todd in the Shadows if analysis of pop music is your thing

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Mu Zeta posted:

Who the hell owns a horse. I hate anyone that owns a horse.

Welcome to Amish country, friend. The buggies lose their charm pretty quick when they're blocking tight busy roads and there's poo poo everywhere

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Thin Privilege posted:

People who are super :smuggo: especially to the point where they have that smug look on their face and there's absolutely no way to convince them to even listen. It's INFURIATING. Currently I'm specifically thinking about driving, and assholes who think they're better than you because of how they drive. This anger started when I saw a minivan with a bumper sticker that said, "the closer you get the slower I go." gently caress you guy. And you'll see it here sometimes too, a goon who brags about being in the passing lane going 55 because "people shouldn't be going over the speed limit."

I can't think of a single person I know, grandparents included, who have this pussy-rear end belief and are vocal about it which is why it's so weird how many of them exist on SA. Driving around/with those goons might be infuriating. Get the gently caress out of the way idiots it's not insulting your personal honor if you're already too scared to go 60 in a 55, you are already too far gone to deserve respect

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Tiggum posted:

People who act like not breaking the law is somehow the obnoxious or inconsiderate option. If someone's driving under the limit, that's a reasonable thing to complain about, but if you're whinging because you're being forced to drive at the speed limit because the person in front of you is, the problem there is you. Just drive at the right speed and reach your destination about half a minute later. It's really not a big deal.

Passing lanes are for passing and you're legally allowed to exceed the speed limit to do so. If some jackass is controlling the lane for no reason then they're in the wrong

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Jerry Cotton posted:

Not in any country I know of.

In my state (PA) it's literally against the law to refuse to move out of the way of faster traffic if you're in the left lane

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

honda whisperer posted:

I'll never park in the passing lane because gently caress those people but I swear to god if you crawl up my rear end because I'm not speeding enough I'll go 20 under just to spite you.

Then you finish with take the bus after that rant?

Just get out of the way of the speed psychos, why would you try to make a dumb situation worse by escalating it? That's like walking up to a crazy ranting street person in the street and slapping them

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Jerry Cotton posted:

That is not the same thing at all. Speeding on the left lane is exactly 100% as illegal as speeding anywhere else, in PA or any other state.

e: It's the loving law it's not exactly hard to look up these things.

Why are you such a loving pussy

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

food court bailiff posted:

lol you get upset to the point of whining on the internet like a lil fuckin' bitch when your neighbors bathe, don't throw stones here

e: you can't even drive lmao what a loving loser

Snoo isn't as bad as she was in her teens but like a 4th of this thread is her complaining about her neighbors doing basically anything you would expect neighbors in a lovely apartment complex to do. We get it they smoke weed and they're loud, we don't need to be reminded of it every couple pages

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

The Snoo posted:

aw come on I haven't mentioned that in nearly a month :( </3

It's just this thread. Everywhere else you're fine now, you just come off as oblivious to normal every day life

• Locked thread