Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Morby
Sep 6, 2007

univbee posted:

E3 2014 Microsoft Exclusives Shown:

1. Fable Legends: Cancelled after Microsoft shutdown the parent company (Lionhead) with zero warning. Sony poached its talent after that happened.
2. Project Spark: Released but then cancelled and shut down, no longer playable.
3. Ori and the Blind Forest: Came out March 2015, 360 version quietly cancelled. Also available on Steam.
4. Inside: Came out end of June 2016, went multiplatform less than 2 months after launch
5. Below: Unreleased, confirmed coming to Windows as well
6. Phantom Dust: Cancelled after Microsoft scope creeped the company into bankruptcy. Microsoft claims it's still happening.
7. Crackdown: Unreleased
8. Scalebound: Cancelled
9. Halo 5: Came out October 2015, Forge mode with multiplayer available as a Windows 10 UWP
10. Quantum Break: Came out April 2016, available as a Windows 10 UWP and on Steam

gently caress I didn't realize how many of these exclusive had been cancelled. Fable 1 is one of my favorite games ever, so seeing Fable giving the Old Yeller treatment sucks. I was also vaguely looking forward to Scalebound and Phantom Dust.

I expect E3 will probably be another "Here is Forza, Halo, and Gears. What more do they want?" presentation from them. One of the things that is killing Microsoft is the lack of compelling exclusives.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

I can't sleep, I hope I stay awake

Cause I've been running, running, running all day

Long nights, no peace

I feel like everybody's eyes on me
i was actually entertaining the notion of buying this thing cuz a couple of my dumbass friends are locked into this lovely MS ecosystem for bad and dumb reasons but holy lol they're hosed, aren't they? minecraft steve and the ghost of master chef ain't gonna save this sinking ship

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
yeah they really are. anything exclusive that could have a shot at being released this fall would have already been announced 2 years ago, and anything exclusive that they announce that will be released in 2 years will just get cancelled like every other exclusive they announced.

have fun with forza/gears/halo

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
MS needs to buy Bungie again so Halo can be good again.

Destiny has solid mechanics, but who wants to grind an FPS?

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

I cannot wait to see what Wulverblade is able to do with the extra power of a Scorpio.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Leon Einstein posted:

MS needs to buy Bungie again so Halo can be good again.

Destiny has solid mechanics, but who wants to grind an FPS?

Fun fact: Microsoft apparently had an opportunity to claim Destiny as an Xbox exclusive due to their severance arrangement with Bungie but declined.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Bungie 2017's composition isn't even close to bungie 2007

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

univbee posted:

E3 2014 Microsoft Exclusives Shown:

1. Fable Legends: Cancelled after Microsoft shutdown the parent company (Lionhead) with zero warning. Sony poached its talent after that happened.
2. Project Spark: Released but then cancelled and shut down, no longer playable.
3. Ori and the Blind Forest: Came out March 2015, 360 version quietly cancelled. Also available on Steam.
4. Inside: Came out end of June 2016, went multiplatform less than 2 months after launch
5. Below: Unreleased, confirmed coming to Windows as well
6. Phantom Dust: Cancelled after Microsoft scope creeped the company into bankruptcy. Microsoft claims it's still happening.
7. Crackdown: Unreleased
8. Scalebound: Cancelled
9. Halo 5: Came out October 2015, Forge mode with multiplayer available as a Windows 10 UWP
10. Quantum Break: Came out April 2016, available as a Windows 10 UWP and on Steam

Yeah, what new games are they gonna unveil in the present, 2017?

Or not? We'll see.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Forza, Halo, CoD, Battlefield, EA Sports 2018 lineup.

I'll give MS one thing though - they're not giving money to David Cage.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Real hurthling! posted:

Follow the main quest if you are sick of side activities, its actually pretty good about pacing and you can probably bang it out in 10 hours if you are well leveled already.

I wouldnt say it meanders at all once you are in meridian and following the main mission stuff

I just got to Meridian and i think im going to follow your advice. I dont care about anything in this game but the contrast between past and present is nice. And i bought a PS4 to play this thing. Im having more fun playing Let It Die.

I wanna play Untill Dawn is good?

on topic: The xbox360 was awesome and Dragon Age Origins was the last good game that Bioware ever made.

DoctorGonzo fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Apr 7, 2017

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Yeah, what new games are they gonna unveil in the present, 2017?

Or not? We'll see.

6 titles they'll cancel, a game which will come out in 2018 for Xbox and PC, two which will come out in 2019 for Xbox and PC, and one which might come out in 2020 for Xbox and PC if they're still around.

DoctorGonzo posted:

I wanna play Untill Dawn is good?

Yes although much like Telltale games it can break the illusion of your choices mattering much if you replay it, plus there's a few rough patches; the gimmick is that it's a horror movie where you jump around and take control of the player characters, and it is possible for all to die, none to die, or anything in between, but some of the early characters who have a chance to die are somewhat written out regardless of if they die or not.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

ethanol posted:

Bungie 2017's composition isn't even close to bungie 2007

More like decomposition, right?

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

univbee posted:

6 titles they'll cancel, a game which will come out in 2018 for Xbox and PC, two which will come out in 2019 for Xbox and PC, and one which might come out in 2020 for Xbox and PC if they're still around.

Yes but which ones, I need to know for pool purposes.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

univbee posted:

Fun fact: Microsoft apparently had an opportunity to claim Destiny as an Xbox exclusive due to their severance arrangement with Bungie but declined.

lmao

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Morby posted:

gently caress I didn't realize how many of these exclusive had been cancelled. Fable 1 is one of my favorite games ever, so seeing Fable giving the Old Yeller treatment sucks. I was also vaguely looking forward to Scalebound and Phantom Dust.

I expect E3 will probably be another "Here is Forza, Halo, and Gears. What more do they want?" presentation from them. One of the things that is killing Microsoft is the lack of compelling exclusives.

Phantom dust 2 was cancelled but the remaster of 1 is supposedly out around e3 for pc too

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Themage posted:

Also lmao at heavy rain and horizon

:psyduck:

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Morby posted:

Fable 1 is one of my favorite games ever

I'll bite. How?

I found it to be the single most terrible bait-and-switch on a "features promised vs. features delivered" level, that I've never trusted a thing Molyneux or Lionhead has said since.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

Mister Facetious posted:

I'll bite. How?

I found it to be the single most terrible bait-and-switch on a "features promised vs. features delivered" level, that I've never trusted a thing Molyneux or Lionhead has said since.

It hasn't aged well at all, but at the time I had a blast playing it with my friends. KOTOR, DOA3, and Fable 1/2 were some of the best times I ever had on Xbox.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

I guess in the end Scorpio is a nice thing but all it is is gonna be is very nice looking Forza/gears/halo games and everything else runs a bit better.

Imo xbox one s is an okay deal if you get it for $200 and you wanted a 4k disc player. At that point you can buy cheap copies of rare replay, Forza games, halo and gears, and maybe Quantum break depending on which one is your thing. Am I missing anything else?

Scorpio is gonna be like $500+ and won't actually have true exclusives. So why should anyone pay 300 bucks more? (besides the hardcore more money than sense crowd/fanboys)

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Lodin posted:

So the Scorpio is this? But you have to buy the whole thing all over again?

the nintendo 64 has non-hosed up ram

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
heres my suggestion yall

buy a nintendo switch

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

eonwe posted:

heres my suggestion yall

buy a nintendo switch

Self-bending consoles are the future

Morby
Sep 6, 2007
The Switch is guaranteed to have good exclusives, at least.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Morby posted:

The Switch is guaranteed to have good exclusives, at least.

And with one game worth buying every 3-4 months you dont have to worry about ignoring your other platforms

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

eonwe posted:

heres my suggestion yall

buy a nintendo switch

im buying a vita

Chairman Wao
Mar 5, 2013

go star

abagofcheetos posted:

im buying a vita

Abort! Abort! Pull up!

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
vita means life. im flying into life!

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

abagofcheetos posted:

vita means life. im flying into life!

Tits are life rear end is hometown, abagofcheetos

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

Long nights, no peace

eonwe posted:

heres my suggestion yall

buy a nintendo switch

... no? lmao that thing is a piece of poo poo and doomed to failure

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Phyresis posted:

... no? lmao that thing is a piece of poo poo and doomed to failure

lol

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

Long nights, no peace

:eonwe:

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
is scorpio a new console

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Kurtofan posted:

is scorpio a new console

In the Malibu Stacy with new hat sense, yes.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

univbee posted:

can u just buy the new hat

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

univbee posted:

Nah, it's more like the difference between the Nendoroid toy of Tracer, and the Funko Pop toy of Tracer.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
I have a Switch and I'll probably get a PS4 today since it's not expensive and got a list of games I want to play on it and also I just can't Zelda no more. If the Scorpio turns out to be cheap and gets a compelling exclusive library I'll probably end up buying it too

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
gently caress it's sunny outside and the sun shines in my face and I'm lying in bed with a cold and talking to the internet about video game

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

If the Scorpio turns out to be cheap and gets a compelling exclusive library

There is close to zero chance of either of these things happening.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

gschmidl posted:

Forza, Halo, CoD, Battlefield, EA Sports 2018 lineup.

I'll give MS one thing though - they're not giving money to David Cage.

Sony advertises Cod now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Scorpio elite will come with a 2tb drive for 250 dollars more

• Locked thread