Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E

infrared35 posted:

I don’t know what you’re offering but I’m interested.

Dr. Gojo Shioji posted:

Shaocaholica posted:

I sent out an AR trigger sampler to another goon to try out with 2 trigger jigs and 5 triggers. Since its all packed up, if anyone wants to try out some AR triggers just pay the return shipping and don't break anything.

By any chance, would you still have this available? I'm fairly sure I'm gonna build my first AR later this year and don't want to miss out on any potential Independence Day trigger sales, but I'd prefer to know what to consider.

Err a bit late for Independence Day but might make it out to a goon or 2 before Black Friday if I hustle. It's never too late to buy more triggers tho.

Shaocaholica fucked around with this message at 06:34 on Oct 28, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Gojo Shioji
Apr 22, 2004

Shaocaholica posted:

Err a bit late for Independence Day but might make it out to a goon or 2 before Black Friday if I hustle. It's never too late to buy more triggers tho.

Good lord, that's grown to quite the collection. Black Friday is fine, too, since I've procrastinated a bit on the AR. Pretty sure I gave you my address, but let me know if you need any other info. And thanks again.

ZebraBlade
Mar 26, 2010

Something is rotten in the state of Denmark

I have 2 LaRue trigger jigs to donate to the cause if you want. I don't know how they stack up compared to the other jigs.

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E

Thanks for the offer but I already have 2 Larue jigs and a Hiperfire one. There’s a reason they’re not in the sampler. The Larue jig just uses its polymer housing to stop the hammer and you get this sharp crack sound and vibration through the jig that totally ruins trying to compare it another trigger in another jig. You really need a rubber damper at a minimum and a metal housing is preferred.

Having said that they’re not garbage worthy. If anyone wants my Larue jigs PM me.

Shaocaholica fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Oct 28, 2017

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Plaster Town Cop

I'd like to try one of the Larue jigs! PM on the way.

I have up for grabs some rifle brass! Brass is dirty and tarnished from sitting in my garage, but should clean up nicely.

- .303 British (18 pieces)
- .270 (37 pieces)
- 7mm Rem Mag (62 pieces)

Just let me know where to send it.

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E

infrared35 posted:

All yours.

Dr. Gojo Shioji posted:

Good lord, that's grown to quite the collection. Black Friday is fine, too, since I've procrastinated a bit on the AR. Pretty sure I gave you my address, but let me know if you need any other info. And thanks again.

Send me another PM. My PM inbox got too full and purged your old PM.

Shaocaholica fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Oct 28, 2017

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E

Shaocaholica posted:

The Larue jig just uses its polymer housing to stop the hammer and you get this sharp crack sound and vibration through the jig that totally ruins trying to compare it another trigger in another jig. You really need a rubber damper at a minimum and a metal housing is preferred.

Well low but I think I made these things better. Rubber/foam bumper and stuffed the void in front with some foam so it doesn't act as a sound chamber. Still doesn't feel as good as the metal ones but a lot better than it was.

Also these drat jigs are really hard to pack. Like I don't want to just throw them all into a box and have them all rub up each other and I don't want to put them into 13 separate plastic bags...

MohawkSatan
Dec 20, 2008

by Cyrano4747

infrared35 posted:

I have up for grabs some rifle brass! Brass is dirty and tarnished from sitting in my garage, but should clean up nicely.

- .303 British (18 pieces)
- .270 (37 pieces)
- 7mm Rem Mag (62 pieces)

Just let me know where to send it.

Any chance you would be willing or able to send that .303 brass to Canada? I've also got a set of RCBS dies for 7x57mm Mauser if anyone wants them.

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Plaster Town Cop

MohawkSatan posted:

Any chance you would be willing or able to send that .303 brass to Canada? I've also got a set of RCBS dies for 7x57mm Mauser if anyone wants them.

Sorry.

I can only export shell casings with an export license, or by leaving them on the ground when I go to an IPSC match over there.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

If that .303 is still up for grabs I'm game. Not reloading it yet but it's on the short list, probably in the next few months.

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Plaster Town Cop

Cyrano4747 posted:

If that .303 is still up for grabs I'm game. Not reloading it yet but it's on the short list, probably in the next few months.

Consider it done; let me know where to send it.

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Plaster Town Cop

A small flat rate priority mail box full of .223 stripper clips to the first goon who posts a dank Jeff Goldblum meme!

Wa11y
Jul 23, 2002

Did I say "cookies?" I meant, "Fire in your face!"

How dank are we looking for here? Like is TEX ON IMAEG! good enough?

You looking for something artistic?

Perhaps something a little more...erotic?

Or maybe you just want a friend to watch you poop?

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E

Nothing from the fly? Pass.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Grand Budapest or bust

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Plaster Town Cop

Wa11y posted:

How dank are we looking for here? Like is TEX ON IMAEG! good enough?

You looking for something artistic?

Or maybe you just want a friend to watch you poop?

Five golden manbabies, goon sire. Wouldst thou send me a PM with thy address?

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata

Wa11y posted:

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Wa11y posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVYSrV8IGl4

Wa11y
Jul 23, 2002

Did I say "cookies?" I meant, "Fire in your face!"

drat, I'd never seen that clip, I swear I did not intentionally plagiarize pretty much the whole thing. How will that impact my final grade?

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Plaster Town Cop

Wa11y posted:

drat, I'd never seen that clip, I swear I did not intentionally plagiarize pretty much the whole thing. How will that impact my final grade?

I was judging only on speed and dankness.

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Plaster Town Cop

Welcome all to infrared35's end-of-year, literal closet-cleaning giveaway!

Whomsoever desires a piece of my freshly-retired wardrobe has but to lay claim in this very thread.

Item 1: a tan photojournalist/fisherman's vest, size L, ready to make all your deepest IDPA cosplay fantasies come true. It's a bit on the big side; I think it would easily fit an XL individual, but it would have less flow and drape.

Item 2: a black photojournalist/fisherman's vest, size S, used by me in my professional capacity as a wedding photographer. It says it's a small but it's probably more like an M. I usually take an L or so and it barely fits me okay.

Item 3: a light-brownish "Columbo" style single-breasted coat by London Fog, Size 42 Regular; not as long as a proper trench coat or great coat, but longer than a traditional jacket. Makes you look cool but not fancy; it says "grizzled 1980s detective".

Item 4: a proper tan double-breasted trench coat belt by Stafford, size 40 Regular. Has zip-out liner. Very fancy. Perfect for your Dan Rather costume for next Halloween.

Item 5: a dark blue "Royal Mail" vest, lined with red fleece. Probably about a size L. Fool everyone into think you're an imperialist bureaucrat!

Item 6: a black, shiny, quilted Courvoisier jacket, size L, waist length. Be fancy!

I'd prefer to spread this stuff far and wide, so I'll say one item per claimant until December 31st; then anything is fair game.

Edited to add the Courvoisier jacket and correct the size on the black vest.

infrared35 fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Dec 28, 2017

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E

Lol you shoot people for a living.

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Plaster Town Cop

Shaocaholica posted:

If I earned a commission based on the number of people I've shot over the years, I'd be broke. Unless you mean with paintball guns, in which case I'd be makin' it rain down at my local silencer shop.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

infrared35 posted:

Whomsoever desires a piece of my freshly-retired wardrobe has but to lay claim in this very thread.

Item 1: a tan photojournalist/fisherman's vest, size L, ready to make all your deepest IDPA cosplay fantasies come true. It's a bit on the big side; I think it would easily fit an XL individual, but it would have less flow and drape.

Item 5: a dark blue "Royal Mail" vest, lined with red fleece. Probably about a size L. Fool everyone into think you're an imperialist bureaucrat!

Item 6: a black, shiny, quilted Courvoisier jacket, size L, waist length. Be fancy!

I know why but I still want pictures desperately.

Shaocaholica posted:

Bro, why we gotta do this?

armorer
Aug 6, 2012

I like metal.

Herr Tog posted:

Bro, why we gotta do this?

Pretty sure this was just a camera joke?

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

armorer posted:

Pretty sure this was just a camera joke?

Hello,

I am a soft and squishy IGNORE ME.

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Plaster Town Cop

And yeah, I've burned countless dudes down with the blazing frame rate on my camera

Doctor Grape Ape
Aug 26, 2005

Dammit Doc, I just bought this for you 3 months ago. Try and keep it around for a bit longer this time.

infrared35 posted:

And yeah, I've burned countless dudes down with the blazing frame rate on my camera

Footage of IR35: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P41gT4eicrE

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Plaster Town Cop

Herr Tog posted:

I know why but I still want pictures desperately.

In retrospect, it's a wonder the youth bowling league didn't kick me out sooner.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Lol you’ve literally got Walters vest there. Keeps it and just start wearing it bowling with a black T.

I just assume you bowl. Midwest, older than 30, LEO. . .

Doctor Grape Ape
Aug 26, 2005

Dammit Doc, I just bought this for you 3 months ago. Try and keep it around for a bit longer this time.

That Courvoisier jacket would look right at home in a 90s East Coast rap video.

armorer
Aug 6, 2012

I like metal.

Doctor Grape Ape posted:

That Courvoisier jacket would look right at home in a 90s East Coast rap video.

I don't dress that way at all, but if it were my size I'd have totally asked him to ship it to me anyway. I mean, how can you not want that?

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Plaster Town Cop

Cyrano4747 posted:

Lol you’ve literally got Walters vest there. Keeps it and just start wearing it bowling with a black T.

I just assume you bowl. Midwest, older than 30, LEO. . .

That one is an extra (and it's Camper brand or something). I have an actual Banana Republic vest that was issued to me by the government that I still wear when bowling.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

infrared35 posted:

In retrospect, it's a wonder the youth bowling league didn't kick me out sooner.

Yea, I want that thing. thank you so much for pictures.

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Plaster Town Cop

Herr Tog posted:

Yea, I want that thing. thank you so much for pictures.

I don't think I have your address anymore. Send me a PM.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

infrared35 posted:

I don't think I have your address anymore. Send me a PM.

I sent you a Christmas card...

Lord Douchebag
Oct 22, 2010

Are you a man of peace
Or man of holy war?

infrared35 posted:

Item 3: a light-brownish "Columbo" style single-breasted coat by London Fog, Size 42 Regular; not as long as a proper trench coat or great coat, but longer than a traditional jacket. Makes you look cool but not fancy; it says "grizzled 1980s detective".

Item 4: a proper tan double-breasted trench coat belt by Stafford, size 40 Regular. Has zip-out liner. Very fancy. Perfect for your Dan Rather costume for next Halloween.

I'd prefer to spread this stuff far and wide, so I'll say one item per claimant until December 31st; then anything is fair game.

Edited to add the Courvoisier jacket and correct the size on the black vest.

Any chance we can get photos of these also? They sound neat.

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Plaster Town Cop

Herr Tog posted:

I sent you a Christmas card...

I don't think I saved the envelope.

Lord Douchebag posted:

Sure, give me until tomorrow.

JCDenton10
Feb 19, 2014

A bomb.

Dibs on the 42 regular Columbo coat if someone else hasn't claimed it already!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Plaster Town Cop

Lord Douchebag posted:

"Columbo" coat:

Stafford trench coat:

JCDenton10 posted:

Dibs on the 42 regular Columbo coat if someone else hasn't claimed it already!

Lord Douchebag has dibs; we'll get it figured out though.