Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Launched on switch last month but now everybody can dig in. If youve ever owned Shovel Knight before today, you get it for free, and its available as a separate game for 10 bucks if youre new to it or wanna get in on a different platform. Can't wait to play it myself, but i doubt it will topple my love of Plague Knight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i cant loving believe it's free just to keep their kickstarter promises. it's a crime.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

In Training posted:

Can't wait to play it myself, but i doubt it will topple my love of Plague Knight

It won't, but it's great fun anyway and the levels are almost entirely different this time. Game on, Switchless imps.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Note: It's not out for every platform yet. Dates will be updated here

http://yachtclubgames.com/2017/03/specter-of-torment-release-info/

The PC version now has the previously amiibo exclusive co-op mode for Shovel Knight's campaign. Can't wait to play through that.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
co-op is a ton of fun

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Evil Eagle posted:

Note: It's not out for every platform yet. Dates will be updated here

http://yachtclubgames.com/2017/03/specter-of-torment-release-info/

The PC version now has the previously amiibo exclusive co-op mode for Shovel Knight's campaign. Can't wait to play through that.

Ah I saw my steam version got an update so I assumed it was out everywhere. Apologies.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

i want a physical switch release

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

elf help book posted:

i want a physical switch release

putting it in an actual cartridge would be sweet

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I think they said they'd think about it once King Knight comes out.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
the level design and movement mechanics are more interesting than the base game and more intuitive than Plague Knight so don't be afraid to try it out if you couldn't handle PK

the bosses feel even easier but whatever

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

This owns, Shovel Knight owns.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

extremebuff posted:

i cant loving believe it's free just to keep their kickstarter promises. it's a crime.

shovel knight is a gamer blessing

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

FactsAreUseless posted:

elf help book posted:

shovel knight is a gamer blessing

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

the music and art in this game is so loving good. shovel knight is basically a perfect game and they've TRIPLED the content since it released, at no charge.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
I'm going to play this tonight and I have no doubts that I will love every second

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Definitely gonna go HAM on this probably tomorrow

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
I was just about to finish the original Shovel Knight for the first time so having all this content available 4 me afterwards is a gamer dream

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

woah this expac is not loving around right from the start lol

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

FactsAreUseless posted:

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

even the bosses are completely different. this is entirely new content folks

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

extremebuff posted:

i like how they said specter/king would be more conservative at first lol

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I'll just wait for the 3DS one to drop OP :madfeels:

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

only got in a bit of playtime tonight but i love it already. walljumping and scythe-dashing feels so freakin good.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

extremebuff posted:

The Shovel Knight guys have completely lost their minds

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

What makes it all really crazy is how carefully designed it is. The game relies on pixel-perfect placements of enemies, platforms, etc., and the way each character interacts with those is totally different. Shovel Knight and Plague Knight have totally opposite philosophies when it comes to enemies, for instance. For Shovel Knight they're a mode of transport. For Plague Knight they're exclusively obstacles. And each expansion is just as well-made or better than the original. It's nuts.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

extremebuff posted:

incredible. I love the sweet shovel boys

Peddle2thaMetal
Apr 17, 2012

ooooooooo yeaaaahhh

FactsAreUseless posted:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

FactsAreUseless posted:

What makes it all really crazy is how carefully designed it is. The game relies on pixel-perfect placements of enemies, platforms, etc., and the way each character interacts with those is totally different. Shovel Knight and Plague Knight have totally opposite philosophies when it comes to enemies, for instance. For Shovel Knight they're a mode of transport. For Plague Knight they're exclusively obstacles. And each expansion is just as well-made or better than the original. It's nuts.

The original Shovel Knight campaign was amazing and then Plague of Shadows was even better. I'm so excited for Specter of Torment

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
I suck at that random tower minigame

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

extremebuff posted:

woah this expac is not loving around right from the start lol

lol yeh, i played it on swtch and its fuckin brutal. feels like a new 2d ninja gaiden in all the right ways

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

It's really cool when you have devs like yacht club who genuinely love their game and gaming in general

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

I really love the movement and how the level design is crafted to always have you at the edge of death, but feel like a total badass once you smoothly dash and slice through it. also please sticky this game's important imo

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I don't sticky threads , this forum has 5 posters in it

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

In Training posted:

thank you

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

In Training posted:

:raise:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

BBG stickied that somehow. Same with the persona 5 thread

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

In Training posted:

Oh really? What about map games?

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Black Baby Goku posted:

:munch:

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Black Baby Goku posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

2014-10-09 13:57:08 Zoq-Fot-Pik Thread stuck forever