Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
deep dish peat moss

I hear lots of comedians talking about "the evolution of comedy" but the way I learned it was an old man toiling through a list of dirty words and it was Created on the seventh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cda

by Hand Knit
If comedy evolved then where did the brick wall come from? Some guy standing in front of a single brick and cracking jokes and they thought it was so good they kept adding bricks? Not likely. Some aspects of comedy are too complex not to have been designed.

cda

by Hand Knit
Comedy guy: Take my wif, please!
Comedy evolver: Pretty funny, but could be a bit funnier.

cda

by Hand Knit
Comedy guy 1950: Take my wife, please.
Comedy gal, Filipino Muslim: Take my wifi, please!

And I'm supposed to believe that's the same process that led to Michael Richards screaming the n-word? Take my knife, please.

deep dish peat moss

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79i84xYelZI

Are you really going to tell me that this is what jokes came from? Somehow this turned in to a joke just overnight and started making more jokes. Yeah, I don't think so.

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
3.5 billion years ago when a paramecium accidently ate a chunk of dirt instead of a diatom the other paramecium in the vicinity would wiggle their cilia in an early form of laughter.

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

Robot Made of Meat

Why did the small dinosaur with scales which were loose and frilled cross the veldt?

Sorry, that does not convince me.

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

Macnult

I grew up being taught that there were origins pryor to the list of dirty words, but it is a very controversial topic

Arrhythmia

Macnult posted:

I grew up being taught that there were origins pryor to the list of dirty words, but it is a very controversial topic

I, too, am a punichaen.

PYROxSYCO
Could it be like a family tree? With a starting at a stump then growing off in different directions?

byob historian

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!
you hafta level your jokes up to get them to evolve

just press b if you want to keep the joke u already know tho!!

hth h o p e t h i s h e l p s :420:

Farg
comedy evolves as the culture around it shifts and changes

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

girl dick energy

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Farg posted:

comedy evolves as the culture around it shifts and changes
sounds fake tbh

Starshark

cda posted:

:rolleyes: It started off with the proto-comedian saying 'take my wife *insert my-wife-is-a-bitch jokes*' before Henny Iuvenis developed the ability to recognise that 'take my wife' can be used in another sense. I know evolution is complicated - I don't even understand it all myself! - but it makes more sense than your sky-fairy bestowing the Sumerians with the first fart joke.

Manifisto

og discover fire: birth of civilization

ugg discover that farts are flammable: birth of comedy

Android Blues

cda posted:

If comedy evolved then where did the brick wall come from? Some guy standing in front of a single brick and cracking jokes and they thought it was so good they kept adding bricks? Not likely. Some aspects of comedy are too complex not to have been designed.

cda posted:

deep dish peat moss posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79i84xYelZI

Are you really going to tell me that this is what jokes came from? Somehow this turned in to a joke just overnight and started making more jokes. Yeah, I don't think so.

Senior Management

Jokes were not accounted for in the creation of earth and those who make them will be punished by she who lacks form.

:jerry:

Android Blues

But seriously folks, I'm dying out here. *A younger, more agile comedian leaps onto the stage as I pass from genetic memory. Her magnificent dewclaws are perfectly adapted for physical comedy.*

Android Blues

My set killed. Unfortunately my natural prey reserves were depleted and now I will starve, leaving the way open for opportunistic "puppet guys" and "racists" to mine scraps of dirty mirth from my leavings. Nature is not a land of kings, but of thieves.

Android Blues

The febrile ecology created by the success of a great satirist generally results in thriving communities of scavengers and small parasites, perfectly adapted to suck the irony from the apex comedian's joke and propound the drained result as an incoherent philosophical belief. Sometimes they do jokes too, but fascinatingly, these appear to be strictly vestigial - perhaps passed down from an earlier, less disgusting ancestor.

Darkman Fanpage
the first caveman to come up with comedy was andrew dice clay. from humble beginnings comedy has evolved from smoking a cigarette in a funny manner to hitting people in the crotch with golf.

cda

by Hand Knit

Darkman Fanpage posted:

the first caveman to come up with comedy was andrew dice clay.

lol

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Darkman Fanpage
golf ball

Darkman Fanpage
s

School Nickname

*fffffff-fffaaaaaaarrrtt*
:ussr:
Pun jokes were put on this earth by God, to test our faith.

Macnult

Paleolithic cave drawings depicting a lone figure standing in front of a crowd. strange facial expressions in the crowd depict laughter

in a neighboring cave: the same lone figure is shown, the crowd expressing looks of disgust and anger

Arrhythmia

Macnult posted:

Paleolithic cave drawings depicting a lone figure standing in front of a crowd. strange facial expressions in the crowd depict laughter

in a neighboring cave: the same lone figure is shown, the crowd expressing looks of disgust and anger

in the third cave he is talking to a medicine man and in the fourth is standing over a crying woman

byob historian

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Arrhythmia posted:

in the third cave he is talking to a medicine man and in the fourth is standing over a crying woman

google THIS

Ape 1: Hey, wanna see something funny?

Ape 2: Sure!

Ape 1: (evolves into man)

Ape 2: Wow! You look bald and retarded! That's hilarious!

(man invents war)

Ape 2: Haha! You're killing each other over resources you could easily share! You crazy!

(man industrializes)

Ape 2: Okay dude, (cough) that's enough, heh heh. Joke's over. Okay?

(distant sound of bulldozers)

Ape 2: Okay, seriously, this isn't funny anymore. Stop it. Hello?

deep dish peat moss

google THIS posted:

Ape 1: Hey, wanna see something funny?

Ape 2: Sure!

Ape 1: (evolves into man)

Ape 2: Wow! You look bald and retarded! That's hilarious!

(man invents war)

Ape 2: Haha! You're killing each other over resources you could easily share! You crazy!

(man industrializes)

Ape 2: Okay dude, (cough) that's enough, heh heh. Joke's over. Okay?

(distant sound of bulldozers)

Ape 2: Okay, seriously, this isn't funny anymore. Stop it. Hello?

Darkman Fanpage
the first time a fish crawled onto land was probably the single funniest thing to have occur and nobody was around to see it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

byob historian

Darkman Fanpage posted:

the first time a fish crawled onto land was probably the single funniest thing to have occur and nobody was around to see it

that fish was all :smugdog: :smugdon: :smugdog:

• Locked thread