Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«68 »
Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Fans always know better than the creators.

Dabir posted:

As the planet got further and further into space, the surface became uninhabitable, so the few remaining Mondasians went underground. As they couldn't afford to lose people, they kept everyone going by replacing damaged parts, first with organic parts from the dead, then with cybernetic prostheses. After a while, it got to the point that anyone who saw the sky for the first time, after a lifetime underground, went mad immediately.

In order to bring the planet back to where it came from, they constructed a giant rocket on the surface to push it back the other way, using the only people who could survive: fully augmented workers with even their emotions removed. The Cybermen.

And I believe, according to Spare Parts (canon until potentially proven otherwise by this week's episode), this major shift happened around the equivalent of their early-mid 20th century. Technology from that time remained and stagnated because all innovation instead had to go into that whole 'not dying in the cold expanse of space' thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

The_Doctor posted:

The awkward sister series is coming back to Big Finish!

https://twitter.com/bigfinish/status/877819779024695296

Holy poo poo, they recast Dayna! Guess they finally gave up on Josette Simon.

Now we can get proper Season 4 episodes with the Scorpio!

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

Cleretic posted:

And I believe, according to Spare Parts (canon until potentially proven otherwise by this week's episode), this major shift happened around the equivalent of their early-mid 20th century. Technology from that time remained and stagnated because all innovation instead had to go into that whole 'not dying in the cold expanse of space' thing.

Yeah, in Spare Parts the city is described as looking like 1950s London, if I remember rightly.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Look up Cyberleader David Banks' book "Cybermen" from the 90s if you want to see someone explain away and label all the various evolutions of the Cybermen.

«68 »