Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

egon_beeblebrox posted:

Whoa, yeah, that's awesome.

Doesn't that kind of spoil the reveal, though?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

echoplex posted:

I've noticed a lot of people (Americans) complaining about not being able to understand Bill, which is a bit surprising?

There's a not-insignificant part of the population that thinks Daniel Craig is calling M "mom" in his James Bond movies, so...

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Spacebump posted:

Has anyone mentioned Chibnall wrote this? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyberwoman

Between the first two seasons of Torchwood and the second season of Broadchurch, I have no hope for Chibnall whatsoever.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Facebook Aunt posted:

You want oldschool just find an old b&w TV. HD ruins the authenticity.

The Unquiet Dead could be pretty cool in B&W, and since it's from 2005 you don't need to worry about HD. :v:

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

The_Doctor posted:

I honestly wish BF hadn't told us that John Hurt had signed on to do another season of War Doctor boxsets. The potential of what could have been... :sigh:

Pancreatic cancer can just gently caress right off.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

jivjov posted:

(up to and including the RTD era's proclivity for the Cloister Bell ringing for a relatively trivial thing

Didn't we only hear that for the first time in the revival in The Sound of Drums?

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Regarde Aduck posted:

They have. Especially the Eccleston season. I'm not sure how it wasn't canceled. It's loving awful. It gets better every season after that.

Oh, God, no, Piper and Tennant swooning at each other like horny high school students in the second season was just unwatchable. At least with the Eccleston season, we had Rose, Dalek, Boom Town, Bad Wolf, Parting of the Ways, Father's Day, The Empty Child, The Doctor Dances, The Unquiet Dead and The End of the World. Really, the only clunkers are the Slitheen two-parter and The Long Game.

The effects are ropey as hell and of course the video quality is terrible, but the stories themselves are really very great.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

echoplex posted:

The entitlement of nerd culture these days is truly shocking.

I'm surprised there aren't people clamoring for Sony to make a "real" Ghostbusters 3 and just reanimate Ramis, a la Zombie Cushing from Rogue One.

... actually, there probably are people clamoring for such a thing.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

McGann posted:

So yeah, hate for the production team/environment.

And he was open to doing the 50th. He met with Moffat at least once and I believe twice, and Moffat had a script with Eccleston in it. But Eccleston doesn't really do nostalgia roles.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

PriorMarcus posted:

Eccleston had story boards done and a new wardrobe fitting before he pulled out. He was a lot closer to appearing in the special than just talking about it.

Both Moffat and Eccleston deny that.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

PriorMarcus posted:

It's my understanding that events surrounding Caroline Skinner where responsible for Eccleston pulling out at the last moment.

Also...

By Moffat's account, he had the storyboards drafted and the script more than halfway written but he couldn't go any farther without knowing whether or not Eccleston would be involved, which is when he and Eccleston finally met and they talked about the story. There has never been any account of Eccleston doing wardrobe fittings or whatnot.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

DoctorWhat posted:

It's almost certainly a lie predicated on racism.

Far earlier in the thread, I'm positive that echoplex himself said that Mackie was perfectly kind.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Burkion posted:

I'd imagine we would have heard anything about it before now if it was remotely true. The filming is all done, right?

Outside of the Christmas special, which is set to begin shooting near the end of the month.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I really dig the tattered blue coat Capaldi wore in the last episode.

Anything's better than that goddamn hoodie.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Hemingway To Go! posted:

haven't the other doctors mostly stuck to one outfit except for special occasions? like 11 and 10 each had one suit each, or did i just not pay much attention to their clothes.

Tennant had his brown and blue suits, and a couple different colors of his trainers. Smith had two different tweed coats, his brown coat, that military-style coat (the green one), and the coat with the long tails that he wore from 7b until Time of the Doctor.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

spectralent posted:

what the gently caress even was torchwood

Two seasons of Chris Chibnall furiously masturbating all over our television sets.

Jerusalem posted:

(also Bryan Fuller becomes the showrunner)

Jesus, if you thought Moffat had trouble getting stuff done on time...

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Bicyclops posted:

but when he clashes with network brass, he subscribes to the "Then I'm taking my ball and going home!" school of negotiation

Or he just flat-out gets fired, like with Star Trek Discovery.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Jerusalem posted:

Wait, he was involved with the new Star Trek?

WAIT, there's a new Star Trek!?!

New series exclusive to CBS All-Access in North America and on Netflix internationally, set ten years prior to the Original Series. Premiering this fall. It's had an insanely troubled development history and while Fuller was originally in charge of it, after production was delayed three times because he was being a prima donna about the scripts, CBS finally shoved him out the airlock and replaced him.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

docbeard posted:

Also, SIMM, not SIMMS, for god's sake, people.

Utopia literally aired ten years ago and people still type "Simms." I think that battle's been lost.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

2house2fly posted:

When I saw that there were multiple ecosystems on the ship I wondered if the finale would involve climactic battle on a waterfall.

Wouldn't shock me, considering Moffat's affinity for The Final Problem, if he went to the Reichenbach Falls well again.

• Locked thread