Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

I've been rewatching classic Who to exercise the Who muscles. Saw a massive trailer at the cinema the other day for a special screening of Who, it looks pretty much the same as the last season except bigger of course.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Bill seems a lot smarter first up, seriously smarter than many previous companions. New companions are getting harder to write, so well done so far.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

I don't agree with it all, but interesting view:

http://www.denofgeek.com/tv/doctor-who/38645/doctor-who-looking-back-at-chris-chibnalls-episodes

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

I never would have noticed the chairs in the TARDIS if Bill hadn't asked. Thanks Bill!

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

I want to know how Nardole got into the Library to get River's diary without wondering who turned the lights out.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

The_Doctor posted:

God, it's all very Martha walking the Earth, isn't it?

Moffat's gonna Moffat.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Astroman posted:

Holy poo poo, they recast Dayna! Guess they finally gave up on Josette Simon.

Now we can get proper Season 4 episodes with the Scorpio! :dance:

I was worried for a bit there, the B7 lot seem so weird about putting something out.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Darrow is usually the fly in the ointment because he owns important rights, so I just figured he'd called a halt to it all. It's interesting that he changed his mind.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

...so what is it?

Only joking!

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

BSam posted:

I need to watch that episode again. I only just remembered Talkie Toaster features.

Ahh, so you're a WAFFLE man!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Whatever misgivings about the writing, you can't deny that everyone acted their little arses off for that one. I'm much happier about Bill's ending than Clara's, chiefly because Bill wasn't a smartarse, had been killed a couple of times already and missed out on girlfriends because of the Doc, so she deserved hers more than Claras. Nor do I blame 12 parroting 10 when his regeneration from 11 had been bad enough, it's taken him all this time to have a sense of himself before losing it again. Ditto for Missy really. So the intention of the writing was in the right place even if the mechanics were clunky.

That said, I am dreading the Xmas episode because Moffat could easily choke it.

• Locked thread