Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chakram
Jun 3, 2010

by Shine
Man, the tumblr was strong in this episode. Why is it that anti-racists and anti-sexists are the only ones I ever see who even care what race or sex a character is? I don't remember Martha Jones having an episode-by-episode checklist of historically-relevant discrimination, new dates to reaffirm her sexual preference, and her vagina being a plot-point.

I thought I would be used to this in the Moffat era. It just seems so unintentionally shallow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chakram
Jun 3, 2010

by Shine

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Because you have your head stuck in the sand the rest of the time?

Yeah, I get the feeling I'm the last person who should be complaining about internet echo chambers.

I still like Bill when she gets to be a character instead of a cluster of labels. She is the perfect culmination of Moffat's well-needed inclusiveness that sometimes comes off as corny propaganda.

Chakram
Jun 3, 2010

by Shine

Bicyclops posted:

At what point do you believe she has been "a cluster of labels?"

Chakram posted:

an episode-by-episode checklist of historically-relevant discrimination, new dates to reaffirm her sexual preference, and her vagina being a plot-point.

I know what I said.

So are they going to explain what seized control of the TARDIS and/or why it decided to kidnap Nardole for a while?

Chakram
Jun 3, 2010

by Shine
Ha ha looks like someone picked the worst possible opportunity to just leave the TARDIS at the business end of a black hole across a minutes-to-years time dilation. Hope he has the fanciest key fob in the universe.

• Locked thread