Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ThaGhettoJew
Jul 4, 2003

The world is a ghetto

The_Doctor posted:

I'm trying to think of a story where the Doctor is up against a non-intelligent(?) creature like the xenomorph. What would he even do? I just get this mental picture of the 7th Doctor being "how do you do, I'm the Doct-" as it chomps into his head.

This pretty much happened in Vincent And The Doctor, although the invisible creature was blind and maybe semi-sentient. It pretty much wrecked him even after he built his silly look-at-a-thing mirror device and trapped it in a church. They only survived by accidentally luring it into attacking them in a panic and impaling itself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThaGhettoJew
Jul 4, 2003

The world is a ghetto

SiKboy posted:

Veritas has shown the aliens that the best way to conquer earth is to persuade all humans that they are in a simulation, wait, and then sweep up the ones who didnt kill themselves.

For about half of its runtime I legit thought this was going to be the twist to the episode. Like just conning their victims into being suicidal/complacent enough to give up seems like it would be less resource-intensive than simulating an entire planet's history and processing all their various sentiences and THEN going on to invade and/or murderize. It'd be kind of a RTD-era gag for cheap villains with access to handwavium technology, but still.

• Locked thread