Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

:pcgaming: :pcgaming: :pcgaming:

tpink posted:

I think we have enough people now? But I am also real bad at counting numbers so idk :shrug:

I don't count well either. Somber???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

its me glenda posted:

muse why are you a scumburger

Who the hell are you

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Sorry, work dumped all over me today. Game will start by tomorrow evening at the latest.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Your Personal Muse posted:

Who the hell are you

juan cenar

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
Let me be the first to say...

honk honk
who scum

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
You aren't usually supposed to breadcrumb a scum role

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
Shh I'm trying a new bit here.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
All role messages are out. There is some non-standard stuff and I made several big last minute changes, so please contact me if something doesn't make sense to you.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
The Agents filed in two by two through the thick double doors. Per the rules of the contract, all Agencies had to enter at the same time. Carnegie had been there since noon, who knows why, and Rockport had been waiting with them for the last of the LanternLight crew to arrive. They did, just as dusk was approaching. No one stopped to set their bags down as the lawyer greeted them in the foyer. Instead, they each scanned the first floor for a base of operations. LanternLights took the kitchen, Carnegie the living room, and Rockport the dining room. Supplies in place, they all met back in the main hall. The greeting was a bit more brisk this time.

"Gentlemen," he began in a crisp tone, "Welcome to Ravenswood. I am Mister Carmichael, and I am here to ensure that all terms of this...
unique contract are met perfec-"

A Rockport raised her hand, tone incredulous. "S'cuse me. You ain't telling me you intend to spend the night here? As a civilian?"

Carmichael continued unperturbed, "Are met perfectly. And yes, I think it will be rather difficult to attend to my duties out of doors, if it's all the same to you."

A Carnegie employee cut in. "It isn't. Excuse me, Mister Carmichael, this is not exactly the safest place in the world to be. It's a serious liability, and it wasn't in the contract."

Carmichael's thin-lipped smile was as terrifying as any spectre. "Well, sir, I assure you it was. Perhaps you
missed it. Besides, with fifteen agents all in one space, where else could I be safer?" The Carnegie group huddled up and began muttering amonst themselves. This was definitely not their style.

After a moment, silence fell again on the hall. The sun was setting fast, especially for Spring. "Well then," began Carmichael, "presuming there aren't anymore objections, I presume we all get started." Without warning, the lights started to flicker.

The Agents were trained for this sort of situation, of course, but even so this attack caught them off guard. Usually there were warning signs, some hints laid out beforehand. By the time they had found their Senses, the light show was over and Carmichael was dead. He was torn apart at several angles, with piercing wounds on his chest and thick slashes across his arms. His face was swollen, it looked to be Ghost Touch.

They all burst into speech at once. "This is impossible!" "It has to be one of us!" "Rapiers, ready!"

"Shut it!" A LanternLight screamed. Everyone stopped, for the moment.

She surveyed the room, eyes flicking from person to person. "This isn't impossible for a ghost. It could be possession."

Someone in the room laughed. Another Rockport spoke up, "Yeah, but, right at dusk? Before it's even dark? Within minutes? And
possession? It's just not possible."

"It is," she said quietly, "For a Type 3." Suddenly, the room was silent.

A deep voice rang out from the Carnegie crew. "Type 3 or no, we're not leaving." The Rockports grunted in assent. The LanternLight crew seemed to collectively shrug. The money really was very good.

"Okay," the voice continued, "Standard operating procedure. Find the source, destroy it, don't die. Except," he paused thoughtfully, "Keep an eye on your mates. Can't trust anyone, we gotta all work together if we're going to walk away."

Lamps were lit, plans were laid, Carmichael had silver coins laid over his eyes and a handful of iron filing shoved into his mouth. Teams set up to patrol the house, looking for the source of whatever dark power had made its home here.

Day One Begins!

Votecount for Day 1

Not Voting (15): Anomalous Amalgam, Asiina, Ernie., Flamander, Infinitum, its me glenda, Mayor Glowku, Mr. F!, Retro Futurist, SirSamVimes, Slamburger, this is a stickup, tpink, Yorkshire Tea, Your Personal Muse

With 15 alive, it's 8 votes to execute. The current deadline is April 17th, 2017 at 10 p.m. CDT -- that's in about 3 days, 20 hours.

Monday night deadline. Try to have more than ten posts by then! If that's a bad time for people, I can be flexible.

I'm just going to post everyone's flavornames here to make in-thread writing a little bit easier. You can try to infer alignment from this if you want but uh.

1. Flamander - Marissa Hodges
2. this is a stickup - Georgia Binnes
3. Asiina - Slyvia Stokes
4.ypm - Bertram Coleman
5. its me glenda - Mary Hung
6. tpink - Alan Litkin
7. mayor glowku - Daniel Sleighton
8. infinitum - Rico Parker
9. Anonymous Amalgam - Silas Colson
10. Ernie - Connie Dottes
11. mr. f - Aleissa Tompkins
12. retro - Samantha Fischer
13. Yorkshire - Harris Chaplin
14. Slamburgler - Charles MacDonald
15. SirSamVimes - James Timberlake

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tdyU_gW6WE

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Confirming we should turbo someone we don't like

Die New Zealand
##vote SirSamVimes

Die die

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Policy votes!
Lack of engagement!
ANGRY NOISES!

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

One time I heard SSV drank milk straight from the carton and that's my meta argument against him

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
Okay the gently caress is going on?

I got wrecked last night and thinking is the last thing I want to do.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Infinitum posted:

One time I heard SSV drank milk straight from the carton and that's my meta argument against him

That savage...

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Infinitum posted:

Confirming we should turbo someone we don't like

Die New Zealand
##vote SirSamVimes

Die die

Counterpoint: You're Australian.

'Nuff said.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Infinitum posted:

Carton? I drink milk straight from the bottle.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

SirSamVimes posted:

Carton? I drink milk straight from the bottle.

Do you love coffee?

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

SirSamVimes posted:

Counterpoint: You're Australian.

'Nuff said.

As a red-blooded American, I am only vaguely and superficially aware of any differences between Australia and New Zealand. Which one is the prison colony again?

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
AMA about world geography

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I drink milk straight from the bag.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Asiina posted:

Sounds like more Australia and/or New Zealand weirdness. :fsmug:

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I drink milk straight from the b-

Asiina posted:

DAMNIT ##vote asiina

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Retro Futurist posted:

I drink milk straight from the b-

DAMNIT ##vote asiina

Sorry!

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

Hello, confirming. Carnegie High Football Rules!

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

Rolling loving start dot mp4

##vote no lynch[https://youtu.be/Zrtl41oZxOA

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

Mayor Glowku posted:

Rolling loving start dot mp4

##vote no lynch[https://youtu.be/Zrtl41oZxOA

Well that hosed up but you get the idea.

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

Your Personal Muse posted:

AMA about world geography

What's the capital of Australia? Is it New Zealand y/n?

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Mayor Glowku posted:

:yeah: can confirm

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Mayor Glowku posted:

Common misconception. When Zealand's son, Zealand Jr., lost a game of knifey spoony, he was banned from Australia, as per custom. So he formed a new "nation" called Zealand Jr. (it didn't catch on so they just call it New Zealand). However, this new "nation" is practically indistinguishable from Australia, as it is actually just some guy's small studio apartment, so New Zealand is pretty much Australia.

The capital of Australia is actually Denver, Colorado.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

there are a disproportionately large number of australians and new zealanders here in austin i feel like this is really the capitol

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
that doesn't sound right. cannot confirm. how would place with legal weed be the capital of australia?

##vote ypm shifty

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I have a soft spot for New Zealand. They feel like the Canada of Australia.

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

Austria, New Zealand, and Hungary used to be one nation until they split apart after WW1. Hope that helps.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
I'm not too good with history. who was it that new zealand assassinated again?

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Somberbrero posted:

7. mayor glowku - Daniel Sleighton

Daniel Slay-a-Ton huh? A scum name if I've ever heard one.

##vote glowku

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Ernie. posted:

Daniel Slay-a-Ton huh? A scum name if I've ever heard one.

##vote glowku

Now this is compelling evidence.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

this is a stickup posted:

I'm not too good with history. who was it that new zealand assassinated again?

Franz Ferdinand. The whole band, it was a massacre.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
I have never met an Australian or New Zealand(er?) person IRL somehow, but they seem to be disproportionately overrepresented on these here forums.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Asiina posted:

Also, hey Grimey Drawer buddy.

• Locked thread