Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Flamander
May 4, 2009
Eh, I'll sign up. Picking LanternLight LLC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flamander
May 4, 2009
GUYS I FOUND A CLUE

quote:

1. Flamander - Marissa Hodges
2. this is a stickup - Georgia Binnes
3. Asiina - Slyvia Stokes
4.ypm - Bertram Coleman
5. its me glenda - Mary Hung
6. tpink - Alan Litkin
7. mayor glowku - Daniel Sleighton
8. infinitum - Rico Parker
9. Anonymous Amalgam - Silas Colson
10. Ernie - Connie Dottes
11. mr. f - Aleissa Tompkins
12. retro - Samantha Fischer
13. Yorkshire - Harris Chaplin
14. Slamburgler - Charles MacDonald
15. SirSamVimes - James Timberlake

Read the first letter of every flavorname - what are the first two letters you get? M, then G. :tinfoil: This is a synonym for Mayor Glowku.

My point is made. :colbert:

##vote Mayor Glowku

Flamander
May 4, 2009
As Glowku hasn't responded to my theory, I'll revote. The first name on the player list is mine, which begins with an F. There's only one player that notably has an F in their name in this game - Mr. F!

##vote Mr. F!

Flamander
May 4, 2009

Infinitum posted:

poo poo rhyme
Do the time

##vote Yorkie Bar

come on Inf, you're not even putting in the effort! Let me show you how it's done, IN HAIKU FORM.

Ghost hunters all vote
One is a lazy poet
So Inf may be scum?

##vote Inf

Flamander
May 4, 2009

tpink posted:

Oh heck I forgot that the voting deadline is tonight! :kingsley:

I've still gotta make 6 posts minimum. That'll be fun. :v:

Flamander
May 4, 2009

Retro Futurist posted:

Flam, is this true?

To be honest, I'm just randomly pointing fingers, Inf's my latest target. No one seems scummy from what I can see.

Flamander
May 4, 2009

Mayor Glowku posted:

I spent the holiday weekend in bed recuperating from pneumonia. But I'm back baby what'd I miss (I'm still sick but not terrible anymore :toot:)

tpink posted:

Some light Australia bashing, bad poetry, and the resurrection of Christ our lord and savior. I think you're all caught up now.

Adding to the above: EGGS, apparently.

Flamander
May 4, 2009

Retro Futurist posted:

I would say that flam's vote on inf is not terrible in a vacuum, but in context it definitely looks like him trying to jump on a vote leader quietly. It's good enough for a quiet day 1

##vote flam

It's D1. The best I can do is jump on someone else's vote and use jokevote reasons. I mean, looking at Inf's votes so far, it's literally three poetry votes and 'you lost to emus.'

I'd happily add my vote if there was a good reason to vote for somebody - but at the moment, I'm voting for Inf as no other reasons have been suggested.

Flamander
May 4, 2009

Infinitum posted:

Yes but there comes a time when jokephase ends and it's time to seriousphase

Your vote strikes me as opportunistic at the cusp of seriousphase

"I may as well just jump on someone elses vote" isn't a very healthy attitude either. It's like you don't care who gets lynched :nyoron:

Actually, yeah, pretty much. :shobon: Someone needs to go so that we can at least start to speculate.

I guess I could have voted for Ernie., mainly because not a lot of posts? Ehhhhh... :effort:

Flamander
May 4, 2009

tpink posted:

Are we still doing jokephase I'm confused.

Apparently, we're in serious phase, now?

Infinitum posted:

Yes but there comes a time when jokephase ends and it's time to seriousphase

Flamander
May 4, 2009

Retro Futurist posted:

Actually you literally encouraged people to just vote for me without thinking about it

It is pretty shady, now that you've said it. I'd change votes again, but I've already made my case now, and I feel like vote-changing would basically send me to be lynched. Definitely something for me to think on in D2.

Flamander
May 4, 2009
Alright. We can assume that Slamburger probably died from watching Inf. This means Inf's death is the only one to be figured out. This narrows it down so far to 2 suspects; me or Anonymous Amalgam.

Using common sense, this leaves the only candidate for my vote for now as:

##vote Anonymous Amalgam

Flamander
May 4, 2009

Flamander posted:

Alright. We can assume that Slamburger probably died from watching Inf. This means Inf's death is the only one to be figured out. This narrows it down so far to 2 suspects; me or Anonymous Amalgam.

Using common sense, this leaves the only candidate for my vote for now as:

##vote Anonymous Amalgam

MAFIA EDIT. I AM NOT GOOD WITH WORDS.

##vote Anomalous Amalgam

Flamander
May 4, 2009

Flamander posted:

MAFIA EDIT. I AM NOT GOOD WITH WORDS.

##vote Anomalous Amalgam

##vote Anomalous Amalgam

There we go. Formatting issues ahoy.

Flamander
May 4, 2009

Yorkshire Tea posted:

Wait why is this? Couldn't literally anyone be mafia?

Me because of my rushed vote D1
AA because he voted RF, no explanation at all apart from RF's vote being the worst vote on me. That seems pretty scummy.

More could come up, you're right. These are just the people I think are immediately suspicious - devil's advocate.

The difference between us is: I know exactly what I did on Night 1, and I don't know what AA did. Also, I might be able to prove that I'm town.

Flamander
May 4, 2009

Retro Futurist posted:

Flam do you think I'm Inf or something? I don't follow your logic one bit here

No, it's just that I just think voting for a person without then giving a reason is a scum move.

It's process of elimination. The people I listed are the only people I've noticed that have dropped any sort of hint towards being scummy. Obviously, I'm not voting for myself - therefore, the only person left for me to vote for is AA, who might or might not be scum.

Basically, I'm voting AA because he voted for you without giving a reason D1, and I find that indicative of him being scum.

Flamander
May 4, 2009

its me glenda posted:

i kind of want to change my vote to flamander but the asiina case makes sense, but i can see it being coincidence

i am still susp of AA but gonna ## unvote for now

sticky is being pushy but its for a generally correct metaread

Not diggin mr. F

Really not liking retro futurist

glenda, I think I can remove suspicion on my part - did you get a PM with anything alluding to chains?

Same thing goes out to stickup, by the by.

Flamander
May 4, 2009

Mayor Glowku posted:

Side note Yorkshire has yet to vote at all today.

I was thinking he was scum, because he's made posts in defense of AA three times so far, and hasn't posted very much.

Flamander
May 4, 2009

Your Personal Muse posted:

Like please, anyone else, am I just crazy and not getting it? Hes attacking the people not the cases right? Am I being gas lighted

On the SSV case, I'd say so - if only because he says;

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

SSV is a shitlord pantomiming play and is probably scum.

I don't see what part of that is attacking the case and not SSV.

Flamander
May 4, 2009

But he never attacked the case only the people, right? Like I'm generally concerned that I have a completely skewed perception. I've like said the same thing fifteen times and he's ignored me

From what I see, you're right for the most part. The most he's ever done is argue about his own case (i.e. attacking the people) and constantly delay attacking the D1 case.

Flamander
May 4, 2009

its me glenda posted:

I didnt say you targeted me rf just your posting was too must find scum tryhard

Like if people wanna vote me go ahead, no sweat. Aa and hal are scum tho, i feel like tpink is just tunneled on me for valid reasons. Opop is town. Ypm is prolly town or 3p. Ernie is scum.

Somberbrero pm me when im dead why you gave me a weird role, kinda sucks it tanked me

Im town btw

While you're still alive, glenda - asking you a question that should confirm me being town. N1 PM - did you receive any text about chains? If so, please confirm.

Flamander
May 4, 2009

Mayor Glowku posted:

I vig'd SSV. I now am VT since I only had one charge. Time to RTV ##vote retro

I'm thinking RF is definitely scum - I tried to protect him last night, and failed, which means he's probably a hider. Two times in a row means that it might be of the 'hide behind someone else' variety. Could be flavored as possession?

##vote RF

Flamander
May 4, 2009

Retro Futurist posted:

Nope. And that would just mean you target whoever I hide behind (though I am not a hider)

Welp, thanks for letting me know. 2 town vigs in a 15-person game sounds shady, anyways, yeah, especially looking at SSV's role which implies a lot of protective roles (or a few powerful protective roles, either or.)

##vote Glowku

Flamander
May 4, 2009
Alright. That's enough proof to confirm him being scum, in my opinion. I'm good with putting my vote towards YPM.

##vote YPM

Flamander
May 4, 2009

this is a stickup posted:

these are flam's last three posts. plus I just remembered it was hal that replaced asiina. sketching me out

Might as well come out with it now - I'm a town chainer, which is a two-person protection from ghosts every night. It's why I was asking glenda about chains D2.

Flamander
May 4, 2009

can you comment on anything related to what people are posting

Not really. I'm fairly sure both YPM and Hal are town, now.

and why would you claim this right now?? what

I think I know half the roles in the game at this point. RF is immune to night actions (limited?), YPM is a watcher, Hal is a tracker, Glowku was a vig, and with me, that makes more than half the roles in the game known. I figured I'd let everyone know what role I am - because we don't know most of the scum roles. There's four people left who we don't know the roles of: you, York, tpink, and Mr. F. You've been relatively town friendly, and York has as well (glowku SK posts were probably him reading too much into flavor) - my best bet for scum would be tpink and/or Mr. F, as Mr. F hasn't posted very much since D1/early D2 & tpink has mostly posted unrelated posts to the game.

tpink not trying to suggest theories for scum but still posting anyways - as well as not changing their vote from glenda:

tpink posted:

Ugh can we just lynch glenda already, Jesus. Either play or don't.

makes me think that tpink might be scum more than Mr. F.

##vote tpink

Flamander
May 4, 2009
My mistake.

Flamander
May 4, 2009

Does that change your analysis of the situation?

No. I was trying to narrow down who might be scum. Since Hal's a cop, I think it reinforces my position - cops are town more often than not in Mafia.

Hal Incandenza posted:

That of course assumes you trust every single claim. I'm not sure what the benefit of claiming your role was though.

Are you a jailer or a doctor? Like if you chain me tonight can I still use my power?

Your points on tpink are decent though, I had barely thought of him at all this game

RF I have proof of. Since you dropped that hint at the beginning of the game - I believe you're a cop. YPM, I've been willing to give the benefit of the doubt to; he's been pushing cases and asking questions, I have no reason to believe he's not town. There's been no watchers, also, so he'd fit into a role that's been missing.

I'm probably not trusting Glowku's claim, though - reading over his posts, I can definitely see why RF is voting for him. Pushing for RF to be voted out on purely flavor reasons (SK wouldn't be able to nightkill RF) + claiming an exact copy of someone else's role + the quote below, posted on D2:

Mayor Glowku posted:

What does it mean when your role PM says "serial killer" asking for a friend

These all combine to make Glowku seem like the scummiest person here at the moment. I'm gonna change my vote back to him.

As for your other question, I'm a doctor that can only protect against ghosts. You would be able to use your power - the second person I protected was YPM (which was a success), and he was still able to use his power.

##vote glowku

Flamander
May 4, 2009

Hal Incandenza posted:

1. You only have proof that RF was not targetable by you one night. There can be an infinite number of reasons why, so you still have no idea what his role is

2. Slamburger was essentially a watcher so YPM is a duplicate

3. YPM pushed cases on flipped town and posting a lot does not equal town. He has done some strange things and has a ghost investigation on him. Don't let volume of posting distract from facts. I'm not guaranteeing he is scum but he is sure getting a lot of free passes

4. Can you expand on your flavor why chaining protects from ghosts? A double doc every night on top of another flipped doc is fairly unusual.

1. You got me there - especially considering what York's just said.

2. Right, forgot about that point - not changing my vote, because I'm fairly sure that Glowku is SK, but thanks for reminding me.

3. YPM is the second-most shadiest of all the players who have a town role claim in my opinion - if only because the only proof I can come up with is 'his method of posting is like a town player, therefore he is a town player'.

4. My flavor is that chains serve as a protective boundary - you lay them down, and ghosts don't come near. It isn't necessarily unusual, especially if you look at SSV's flip - it implies that there's going to be a lot of protections going on this game.

Flamander
May 4, 2009

Mayor Glowku posted:

By the way, has anyone else claimed VT besides RF? Everyone who has flipped has had an ability. With no other VT claims do you really think there's a single VT in a super flavor heavy game?

York has.

Yorkshire Tea posted:

Oh yo, if it helps, I'm vanilla town. I'm bored to tears by the role.

Flamander
May 4, 2009

Mayor Glowku posted:

Ah gently caress, good point on that I guess. But still where's the reasoning he dodged a kill night 1.

My best guess is that he was doctored, probably by Inf, as we don't know what action he did N1.

Flamander
May 4, 2009
OK, let me get the cases straight:

Hal, Glowku - might be lying about their roles
YPM - might be lying in general at this point
York - Vanilla Town
Me - probably going to be nightkilled tonight
RF - an unknown, but has claimed VT, which I'm doubting due to my protection fail.
stickup, Mr. F, tpink - ???

So I guess... tpink, stickup, Mr. F - what are your roles? I think we need further info, because out of the people here, the only roles I definitely trust at the moment are myself and York.

Flamander
May 4, 2009

Hal Incandenza posted:

You believe the guy who claimed no role the most?

I doubt that scum would claim vanilla town in a game like this.

Flamander
May 4, 2009

Hal Incandenza posted:

Oh? Why? Much safer than claiming a role and having to make up results that don't conflict with the myriad other claims and results

That... is a good point, actually, now that you say it. Given the flavor of the game is that the town is ghost hunters, I'm given to believe everyone would have some sort of role - just VT is odd. I was believing it because vanilla townie seemed like an odd role for scum to pick - but York is a relatively new player, so he could have made a mistake. He might be scum.

##vote Yorkshire Tea

Flamander
May 4, 2009

Mayor Glowku posted:

Ok wtf is this vote

I have no idea who's scum and who's not scum at this point. If he fakeclaimed Vanilla Townie, it'd be obviously scummy. Actually looking over his posts - he's been making good arguments (although the same thing could be said of YPM). So he's probably not scum? I'm gonna go for a no lynch at this point - from what I see, we don't have enough info at this point to actually sustain any sort of reasonable vote that's not 'This person might be lying, therefore they might be scum'.

##vote no lynch

Flamander
May 4, 2009

tpink posted:

Dude. Bro. Friend. No-lynch is not a good option today, given the number of players left and the likely # of scum. We'll need to make a decision here.

I don't see a good decision to make here.

If I vote YPM, it's a 50/50 chance he's scum.
If I vote Hal, it's a 50/50 chance he's scum.
If I vote Glowku, it's a 50/50 chance he's 3P.

It's a 50/50 on everything, in my opinion. I'm not seeing any evidence that's indicting any of them to be scum past Hal's ghost investigation, and he might be scum - it's two hours till D3 ends.

I guess YPM might be lying about his role, though. Slamburger's already been a watcher. In that case, Glowku would almost certainly be 3P if we get him, because I've said this before - I doubt that he's a variation of vig when a vig has already been flipped, and if YPM flips as something other than some sort of town watcher, that would confirm this.

##vote YPM

Flamander
May 4, 2009

tpink posted:

Why are you assuming that each of these is 50-50 likely to flip scum (or 3P in Glowku's case)? I mean yeah, I might ultimately be wrong about my YPM vote and Hal might flip scum, but in going through the posts and the claims made, I view that as less likely than YPM flipping scum. I don't think it's a coin flip.

For Hal and YPM, I figure that if one flips - then the remaining possibilty is the other. Glowku is that we don't know if he has a single vig, a multi-vig or is an SK - York made a good point when he said we assumed about N1. Glowku could've vigged Slam or Inf, and the other could have been the nightkill. I doubt he has a single vig because Glenda flipped that - I find it more likely that he could have a multi-vig or SK, which to me is basically a coin toss; we don't know if it was just a nightkill N1, or a nightkill and a vig.

How would me flipping town confirm Glowku as 3p

I was saying that if you flipped town, Glowku would flip town. This is because if you are a watcher with no drawback, unlike Slamburger, then we can assume that Glowku might be a variation of vig, and that he could be telling the truth.

Flamander
May 4, 2009

so your deduction is that glowku is possibly lying about being a 1 shog vig instead of a multi shot vig, but he is still town?

That or a SK, yeah - I'm voting YPM so that I can get more info about the matter.

Flamander
May 4, 2009

Flamander posted:

That or a SK, yeah - I'm voting YPM so that I can get more info about the matter.

mafia edit: Plus the ghost investigation and all, but Hal might be lying on that - so if he isn't, I get a scum. If not, Hal would seem very suspicious of being scum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flamander
May 4, 2009

Flamander posted:

mafia edit: Plus the ghost investigation and all, but Hal might be lying on that - so if he isn't, I get a scum. If not, Hal would seem very suspicious of being scum.

Get meaning lynch in this case.

• Locked thread