Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Popete posted:

We could do a Russian roulette bracket, I feel like that is more in line with the Hired Goons style.

And whoever has the round go off, but they tank the hit to the dome gets to be leader. With all their brain damage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

My antenna is telling me that you're probably wrong about this.
Soiled Meat
But that's 140,000 damage and the average Hired Goon only had 90,000 Thought Points. That will leave our leader with -50,000 thoughts to spend.

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.
I look forward to some of the 21st century gear that we inevitably have to homebrew especially if we start to see serious opponents.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!
Bolter is .75, I checked.

We definitely shoudln't get to the point where we must use ATGMs. RPG-7s? IEDs? That hatchback we stole but filled with C4? Now that's fair game.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
I think Bogdan says he has some old AT-guns from WW2 in stock...

His plane just landed in fact. We'll have to see his inventory when he arrives

Phi230 fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Apr 18, 2017

JcDent
May 13, 2013

I've seen a chart or two describing the missle logic in the ultranerd mod Modern Warfare for World in Conflict. Do you really want to calculate the effect of dry African air to Javelin's guidance system.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
I should probably spec toward being an AT gunner...

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

JcDent posted:

I've seen a chart or two describing the missle logic in the ultranerd mod Modern Warfare for World in Conflict. Do you really want to calculate the effect of dry African air to Javelin's guidance system.

What does your heart say. Mine says yes

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

Soiled Meat
We need to buy a QF 17 pounder. Top of the line in 1945!

Let's see Popete try and carry THAT thing.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

I just want the HMG on our inevitable technical.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface
Someone just needs to get good enough to hip fire a 2 pound mortar like that one dude in WW2.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

One technical with a Dushka, and one with a rocket pod salvaged from a Hind.

LatwPIAT
Jun 6, 2011

chitoryu12 posted:

How does the game handle weapon quality and cleanliness?

Each weapon can have a 'Reliability Class' assigned, and when you roll a non-zero double with digits of value less than or equal to the Reliability Class, there's a 10% chance the weapon has jammed. So for an RC of 3, the weapon will jam 10% of the time on a roll of 11, 22, or 33. Then you need to fiddle with the weapon for a long amount of time and roll to see if you can clear the jam. That's pretty much all Phoenix Command does in the way of modelling.

Now, an earlier game called Small Arms: Spectrum, basically a prototype for Phoenix Command, splits the RC into two values; RC and Misfire Chance, with Misfire Chance being ammunition-dependent. So here you get Military and Commercial ammunition having a 10% chance of failure only on rolls of 11, while Surplus ammunition misfires 10% of the time on 11, 22, and 33, and Poor Quality ammunition misfires 10% of the times the ones dice comes up 1, 2, or 3.

And that's just modern ammunition, of course! If you're loading your MP5 with WWII-surplus 9x19 mm Parabellum, the 10% chance starts appearing at rolls of 11, 22, and 33 for regular ammunition, and any roll ending in 1-7 for Poor Quality batches.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Whoever wins the Thunderdome should take after Mad Jack Churchill and bring their bagpipes and a big rear end sword to field with their kit.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

For Tibet, if we're still fighting China we should probably do stats for their 5.8mm weapons like the QBZ-95 and Type 81 assault rifles, QBB-95 machine gun, and QBU-88 marksman's rifle.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Piat, which Twilight version is the best?

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe

JcDent posted:

Bolter is .75, I checked.

Is that the Astartes bolter, or ones an unmodified human can actually hold and shoot?

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

IMJack posted:

Is that the Astartes bolter, or ones an unmodified human can actually hold and shoot?

I was wondering the same thing, but apparently it is the full size Astartes one. I could have sworn they were .98.

LatwPIAT
Jun 6, 2011

JcDent posted:

Piat, which Twilight version is the best?

As much as I'd love to increase my nerd cred with you, because you're awesome and refer to me as female :kimchi: I have almost no experience with Twillight: 2000 and can't give you the answer you want. :v:

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

IMJack posted:

There's only a difference in the RPGs.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface

Zaodai posted:

I was wondering the same thing, but apparently it is the full size Astartes one. I could have sworn they were .98.

Heavy Bolters are .98 or whatever if I remember correctly. Astarte pattern are .75. The human sized ones I think are the same caliber but its mention that you still need aguments or power armor to use one without breaking your arms in the fluff. Caphius Cain uses a bolt pistol but his hands are bionics which helps. The only non astartes that use actual bolters are sisters of battle and they both have their own bolter pattern and all wear power armor.

Telsa Cola fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Apr 18, 2017

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Bogdan has finally arrived! Let's see what he has for sale. All prices are price per unit. Of course, Bogdan being the upstanding and transparent arms dealer he is, he is disallowing us from actually seeing or inspecting the goods until we actually buy them.

ARMOR

15x Flak Jacket - $1500

10x Kevlar Plate Carrier w/ Steel Plates Included - $5,000

3x EOD Suit - $15,000

30x US Infantry Helmet Circa 1987 - $150

Accessories

12x Harris Bipod - $1000

3x Laser Sight - $2,500

8x 9mm Silencer - $10,000

1x 5.56 Silencer -$ 25,000

20x Binocular - $600

20x Personal Radio - $400

10x Radio Headset - $1,200

1x Long-Range Backpack Radio -$15,000

25x Entrenching Tool - $100

Hand to Hand Combat

15x Combat Knife -$750

20x Bayonet - $500

Small Arms

(unlimited) AK-74 - $1,500

6x M16A2 - $1,800

3x M16A2 M203 - $2,400

8x Remington 870 - $1,600

1x M1 Garand - $10,000

10x Galil - $1,700

10x M14 - $3,500

30x M1 Carbine - $800

1x Civilian Semi-Automatic Mac 10 - $500

25x Heckler and Koch M91 - $4,000

10x PPsH 41 - $3,000

2x SKS - $5,000

BAR M1918 - $ 7,000

1x M2HB HMG - $20,000

3x M1919A6 - $10,000

Explosive Weapons

60x Molotov Cocktail, Dom Perignon bottles - $120

20x RGD-5 FRAG - $750

10x M67 FRAG - $800

5x M68 FRAG - $1000

1x 10lbs TNT charge - $25,000

3x M18A1 Claymore - $2,000

1x LPO-50 Flamethrower - $50,000

Launchers

1x RPG-7 - $10,000

5x RPG-18 -$7,500

1x M72 LAW - $7,000

Crew Served Weapons *crew not included *will incur operating cost (ammo) *only HE shells included

1x AGS-17 Plamya Automatic Grenade Launcher - $75,000

1x QF 17 pounder - $150,000

1x M29A1 81mm Mortar - $150,000

1x 152mm Gun-Howitzer (Chinese Built) - $ 500,000

1x Type V Commando 60mm Man Portable Mortar -$ 100,000

HEAT shells - $ 50,000
White Phosphorus Anti-Personnel/Smoke Rounds - $25,000

Vehicles *crew not included *will incur operating costs (fuel/ammo) *only HE shells included

1x T-34-76B - $175,000

1x M4A3-76(w) - $ 350,000

We've gotten in contact with Billy McCrash Construction Co. about contracting to build some new facilities at our base. We have a few options to choose from:

1x Physical Fitness Training Center - $150,000
- Will allow for our Mercs to train their body by either lifting or cardio. Our boys will get stronger, or more agile if they spend time training here.

1x State-of-the-Art Comms Center - $175,000
-Our comms expert team are currently working from a 2004 Dell Inspiron that runs Windows 98. The whole team of three. This place would allow...communications. Maybe more, depending on how our Comms Expert does.

1x Firing Range - $75,000
- A firing range. Will allow firearms training and practice. Our boys can become better shots over time.

1x Field Hospital and Staff - $200,000
-A fully equipped field hospital complete with nurses, medical techs, doctors, and a surgeon or two. Grimace's knee will appreciate this choice. If any of our boys get wounded in the field, if we get them here fast enough they might just make it.

Commander Snake has returned from a long period of absence. He's put three dossiers on the table, all trainers for hire.

BUDGET AS OF NOW

All of Bogdan's weapons, equipment, and vehicles are a la carte. Any choices of instructor and base construction may also be included in any purchase package.

Phi230 fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Apr 18, 2017

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Civilian Semi-Automatic Mac 10 - $500

You loving monster.

Serpentis
May 31, 2011

Well, if I really HAVE to shoot you in the bollocks to shut you up, then I guess I'll need to, post-haste, for everyone else's sake.
Well, if we're taking votes for the trainers now too, if we have a Snake hanging around, why not a "Flaming Dragon"? Johnson it is.

And ugh. We really have no clue if half of this poo poo will work on delivery? Fine. I'd argue we put most of our money this round on base upgrades, something we know won't, you know, gently caress up. I suppose the State-of-the-Art Comms Centre just because we've had good comms guys fall into our laps already, and it makes the most sense to get them what they need to maximize results.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

What exactly is our budget?

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Telsa Cola posted:

What exactly is our budget?

Yeah sorry updated the budget

power crystals
Jun 6, 2007

Who wants a belly rub??

This had better end with somebody using that flamethrower.

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

Soiled Meat
Well we have to get the QF 17 pounder and obviously the ppsh's because they are so...bullets so much.

Obviously we need radios and most urgently, we need EOD suits to carry out Thunderdome properly.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Wanna try and get a crew served weapon team going, guys?

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

Ok we HAVE to buy either the Garand or BAR and the Sherman.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Do the Radio headsets count as personal radios, or are they headsets that attach to personal radios?

My gut says we should pick up the headsets, the radios, a bunch of binnocs (at least one per two man team), helmets for everybody so they don't end up like a Chinese radar tech, and then look into weapons and base improvements.

Can I see the stat block for that BAR? In WW2 they were great for Urban environments because you could punch through walls if someone was trying to hide behind a window and shoot at you. You just aim for the concealed part of their body and punch through. It would be lighter than the M60 and still hit like a truck. An 870 or two would be great for our entry guys if we have to do room clearing.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Bogdons Cousin He will take over our Firing Range and get the boys in fighting shape.

Total = $500,000

I really think getting our guys trained up should be a high priority early on. The field hospital as well should be a big priority, cause we are likely gonna get shot the hell up.

As for weapons, maybe we should give each recruit an allowance? Say $10k each and pick out whatever you want.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Personally I would love to pick up that 60mm Man Portable mortar since I'm slow anyways I might as well sit back and bomb the enemy.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Popete posted:

Bogdons Cousin He will take over our Firing Range and get the boys in fighting shape.

Total = $500,000

I really think getting our guys trained up should be a high priority early on. The field hospital as well should be a big priority, cause we are likely gonna get shot the hell up.

As for weapons, maybe we should give each recruit an allowance? Say $10k each and pick out whatever you want.

I like this plan.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

I definitely support giving each recruit a stipend to customize their kit, but I think we should pick up radios (once we find out if headsets count for everybody) and binocs for most people and helmets for everybody. We probably want that long range radio too. Will the long range radio let us communicate with our friends in their Autism Plated Sky Chariots, to use Planetside 2 parlance? We'll definitely want that if we can use it to call in air strikes.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Zaodai posted:

I definitely support giving each recruit a stipend to customize their kit, but I think we should pick up radios (once we find out if headsets count for everybody) and binocs for most people and helmets for everybody. We probably want that long range radio too. Will the long range radio let us communicate with our friends in their Autism Plated Sky Chariots, to use Planetside 2 parlance? We'll definitely want that if we can use it to call in air strikes.

Yeah any big ticket support weapons or general items (radios, ammo, extra armour) we can buy as a group but individual weapons everyone gets a allowance.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

Alright I'm on board with that.

Tevery Best
Oct 11, 2013

Hewlo Furriend
Wow, those prices are a lot lower than in CSGO

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

If we go for a mortar I'd like to volunteer for FO training, facilities permitting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Popete posted:

Personally I would love to pick up that 60mm Man Portable mortar since I'm slow anyways I might as well sit back and bomb the enemy.

The mortar is actually like half the weight of the M60 lmao

This voting window for purchase packages will be open for a few days so no rush like last vote.

• Locked thread