Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Renaissance Spam posted:

So out of curiosity for those of us sitting in the reserves, do we have some kind of "floor" XP we come in with as replacements so that the company isn't completely boned every time someone dies, or are we going full X-Com?

Everyone comes in with random stats, but Gun Combat Skill Level 3 (out of 20) and Hand-To-Hand Combat 3. Everything else is 0.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cabbage Disrespect
Apr 24, 2009

ROBUST COMBAT
Leonard Riflepiss
Soiled Meat

Kodos666 posted:

is it really necessary that our firing range point directly at our hospital? Given the skill of our mercs we need fresh medics pretty soon.

Yes. That way there's something to slow the bullets down before they hit the barracks.

Dreadwroth
Dec 12, 2009

by R. Guyovich
What kind of medics would they be if they flinched every time someone shot at em?

LatwPIAT
Jun 6, 2011

You bought what?

Six different types of small arms ammunition. Six!

Your SMGs can't share with your pistols, your marksman rifles can't share with one of your automatic rifles, your squad-automatic rifles can't share with each other, your assault rifles can't share with each other...

I have to maintain ready stocks of six different types of ammo! Why would you do this to me? Why?

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

Just wait until they start ordering artillery and rocket systems with multiple types of ammo and fusing.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!
I bet they hate redheads or something!

By the way, is Thunderdome over?

LatwPIAT
Jun 6, 2011

MRC48B posted:

Just wait until they start ordering artillery and rocket systems with multiple types of ammo and fusing.

What are we, Nigeria?

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

My antenna is telling me that you're probably wrong about this.
Soiled Meat
Where are we on the process of obtaining and training a bear for general warfare purposes?

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

JcDent posted:

By the way, is Thunderdome over?

The Thunderdome matches are all done, Phi just hasn't posted them yet.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Thunderdome Round 1 - Fight 2 - Popete v. Actuary

WARRIORS

PRE-FIGHT ANALYSIS

Popete looks stronger on paper, and indeed he is higher seed than Actuary. However, his rock weighs him down and is quite a slow and unwieldy weapon overall. He's gonna have to play pretty defensively and choose a good time to land a hit, or else he is in a tough spot. Actuary may have worse stats on paper but his club gives him a speed advantage.

FIGHT

Phase 1 Impulse 1

Both combatants move into combat!

Impulse 2

Both sides move into range and begin setting for combat, no strikes yet.

Impulse 3/4

Popete swings his rock at Actuary! Actuary parries and loses his preparation for attack!

code:

Popete swings rock at Actuary (Normal Strike)! Actuary Parries!
13% chance to hit. Rolled 31. Miss. 

Popete misses with his heavy rock, and will spend some time recovering...

Phase 2

Actuary makes a prepared swing against Popete and Popete parries with the rock! Popete recovers just in time to make this parry!

code:

Actuary makes normal strike against Popete. Popete parries. 
22% Chance to Hit. Rolls 90. Miss.

Actuary's swing misses its mark!

Impulse 2

Actuary, realizes his folly in bringing a rock to this fight, its much slower than Actuary's club, and very unwieldy. He DROPS the rock and will fight with his fists!

Impulse 3/4

Popete throws a punch at Actuary! Actuary attempts to parry with his club!

code:

Popete throws punch at Actuary! Actuary Parries!
27% chance to hit. Rolled 20. HIT!

Actuary hit in HEAD by Popete's punch! 
2 PD inflicted on Actuary.

Actuary PASSES knockout roll.

Actuary gets punched in the face, but continues to fight. Both fighters close the phase preparing strikes.

Phase 3

Popete throws a haymaker at Actuary! Actuary loses his preparation and parries!

code:

Popete makes Long Strike against Actuary. Actuary Parries.
27% chance to hit. Roll 6. Hit. 

Actuary HIT in Lower Chest. 
6PD Inflicted on Actuary. PD total = 8. 

Actuary Passes Knockout roll
Actuary is punched again in the lower chest! Yet he continues onward!

Impulse 2/3

The warriors recover and set for their next strikes, then attack!

Actuary strikes at Popete with his club! Popete parries and attempts counter-attack!

code:

Actuary makes Normal Strike at Popete. Popete makes an UNARMED Parry. 
87% chance to hit. Rolled 98. ACTUARY FUMBLES!!!! Roll 1d10. Rolled 4. 4 > 3 (Actuary Skill Level). ACTUARY DROPS CLUB!

Popete makes a Short Strike at Actuary. 
Automatic Hit! 

Actuary HIT in Left Forearm. 
Actuary suffers 1PD. PD Total = 9.

Actuary Passes Knockout roll.

Actuary blows his big shot to win the match! He drops his club on what surely would've been a knockout blow! Popete takes advantage and lands a rather ineffective blow, but the damage is beginning to wear on poor old Actuary...

Phase 4
Impulse 1/2

Popete throws a punch at Actuary! Actuary throws a haymaker at Popete! We have a true boxing match here folks!

code:

Popete throws punch at Actuary! Actuary does not parry!
Automatic Hit!

Actuary is HIT in his Left Upper Arm.
Actuary suffers 2PD. PD total = 11.

Actuary Passes Knockout Roll.

------------------------------------------

Actuary throws haymaker at Popete! Popete does not parry!
Automatic Hit!

Popete Hit in Neck! 
Popete suffers 0 DAMAGE!

Actuary ONCE AGAIN blows what could have been a true knockout with a pitifully weak punch to the neck! Popete once again lands a hit on Actuary, but Actuary goes onward!

Impulse 3/4

Popete brings another flurry from his fists of fury at Actuary, while Actuary Parries and makes a Jab in counterattack!

code:

Popete throws punch at Actuary. Actuary Parries.
Automatic Hit. 

Actuary HIT in Abdomen.
Actuary suffers NO DAMAGE.

-------------------------------------------------

Actuary throws a jab at Popete. Popete does NOT parry.
Automatic Hit.

Popete hit in Lung. 
Popete suffers NO DAMAGE.

Popete and Actuary exchange equally weak blows, with nobody actually getting hurt.

Phase 5

Popete throws another prepared punch at Actuary! Actuary tries to skillfully kick Popete!

code:

Popete throws punch at Actuary!
Automatic hit! 

Actuary HIT in Abdomen.
Actuary suffers 2PD. PD total = 13. 

-------------------------------------------------

Actuary kicks at Popete! 
Automatic hit! 

Popete is HIT in the Right Thigh.
Popete suffers 8PD. PD total = 8.

--------------------------------------------------

Popete PASSES Knockout Roll.
Actuary FAILS Knockout Roll. 
Actuary Incapacitated for 6 Phases (12 Seconds). 

FINAL MEDICAL STATUS:

POPETE
PD Total 8
Healing Time = 17 Days.
100% Chance of Recovery (No Time) 

ACTUARY
PD Total 13
Healing Time = 25 Days.
100% Chance of Recovery (No Time). 

Congratulations to the victor, Popete!! Besting Actuary in a war of attrition, a brisk boxing match of which he triumphed!
Nobody is grievously injured, like in the previous fight, however Actuary finally succumbed to Popete's fists of fury!

Popete advances to Round 2, to fight Snake Doctor

Next fight! Dread v. Steve!

AmyL
Aug 8, 2013

Black Thursday was a disaster, plain and simple.
We lost too many good people, too many planes.
We can't let that kind of tragedy happen again.
...so they wussed slapped each other near the end? This game is amazing

Quinntan
Sep 11, 2013

LatwPIAT posted:

I have to maintain ready stocks of six different types of ammo! Why would you do this to me? Why?

Didn't we only order weapons that use NATO stuff and all the Combloc stuff was captured, right?

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

Soiled Meat
See it's unarmed contests like this where a war bear would really shine. He/she would have like 30 strength and claws and we wouldn't have the ineffectual human slap fights.

Cathode Raymond fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Apr 22, 2017

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Well at least no broken bones this time. I really hope our employers/ potential employers don't find out about how the group is run.

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

Cathode Raymond posted:

See it's unarmed contests like this where a war bear would really shine. He/she would have like 30 strength and claws and we wouldn't have the ineffectual human slap fights.

I thought the plan was elephants, so we could mount machine guns onto them and become modern Hannibals?

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Ahahaha I used a rock, this is fantastic. Good fight Actuary I like how we both dropped the lovely weapons and went for the full on slap fight.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Popete posted:

Ahahaha I used a rock, this is fantastic. Good fight Actuary I like how we both dropped the lovely weapons and went for the full on slap fight.

You got soooo lucky. If Actuary rolled anything other than a 98 on his club swipe he probably would've knocked you out. And when he punched you in the neck, that had possibility of actually being lethal but unarmed attacks have a 50% chance of doing no damage at all, which saved you again.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Phi230 posted:

You got soooo lucky. If Actuary rolled anything other than a 98 on his club swipe he probably would've knocked you out. And when he punched you in the neck, that had possibility of actually being lethal but unarmed attacks have a 50% chance of doing no damage at all, which saved you again.

We are absolutely going to get somebody killed trying to determine who is in charge.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

And that's why it needs to be taped.
A man dying off camera does not earn a dime for the company.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Renaissance Spam posted:

I thought the plan was elephants, so we could mount machine guns onto them and become modern Hannibals?

I recommended a bear for either artilleryman or entry team, and as resident spy catcher. :v:

Also, Bogdan, you bastard, you only gave us 1 870. :argh: Dibs! or I suppose somewhat more appropriately, "shotgun!".

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Horrible Lurkbeast posted:

And that's why it needs to be taped.
A man dying off camera does not earn a dime for the company.

bum fights!

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Ikasuhito posted:

We are absolutely going to get somebody killed trying to determine who is in charge.

A guy who has proven capable of killing with his bare hands sounds like the man we want in charge

RA Rx
Mar 24, 2016

Glorious.
Could end up with a couple of failed recovery rolls by the end.

Game seems to model knockout rolls from small arms fire a bit harshly. 98%+ chance of being knocked out from being shot in the knee (and something similar for the foot)?

RA Rx fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Apr 23, 2017

LatwPIAT
Jun 6, 2011

RA Rx posted:

Game seems to model knockout rolls from small arms fire a bit harshly. 98%+ chance of being knocked out from being shot in the knee (and something similar for the foot)?

There's two aspects to this. The first is that knockout doesn't have to last out the whole fight. If a character takes less than 50 damage, they'll typically only be out for a few seconds before they can return to combat - and using the advanced KO rules, that doesn't have to involve unconsciousness, but can also involve just being dazed and unable to shoot.

Secondly, yes, it's ridiculously harsh.

IllustriousChen
Feb 16, 2012
Is there a move list for hand to hand? There were jabs and haymakers in the fight.
Could a soldier you get judo moves through training? Cause flashbanging a room and throwing people about sounds pretty cool.

LatwPIAT
Jun 6, 2011

IllustriousChen posted:

Is there a move list for hand to hand? There were jabs and haymakers in the fight.

For hand-to-hand, there's Punches, Elbow Strikes, Knee Strikes, Kicks, and Headbutts. These all come in quick, medium, and slow variants. "Jab" and "haymaker" are probably just fluff terms for quick and slow punches.

mcclay
Jul 8, 2013

Oh dear oh gosh oh darn
Soiled Meat
Loving this so far, but you might want to post the Tunderdome matches a little closer together. I don't want the flyboys to steal all the glory in Angola!

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

mcclay posted:

Loving this so far, but you might want to post the Tunderdome matches a little closer together. I don't want the flyboys to steal all the glory in Angola!

Yeah, at this rate the Thunderdome will take at least a month.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!

CirclMastr posted:

Yeah, at this rate the Thunderdome will take at least a month.

Ditto. Post them at least once per day, please!

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

Ikasuhito posted:

It wouldn't be a Trial of Position if there weren't that chance.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I think I found my next gun to make a weapon card for...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCmHxieQduE

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Are there stats for a Pancor Jackhammer? Might as well go full retard with our shotgun buys.

Jimmy4400nav
Apr 1, 2011

Ambassador to Moonlandia
Found a handy little website for making weapon statistics for Phoenix command

For my humble submission/ request for when I eventually am allowed to join, I present the Stoner 63 AKA the gun Race Bannon uses in the intro sequence of Johnny Quest.

code:
Physical Data
L	40
W	7.8

RT	8
ROF	*7

Cap	30
AW	1
	Mag
KD	5
SAB	?

Aim Time
AC	Md
1	-22
2	-12
3	-8
4	-6
5	-5
6	-4
7	-3
8	-2
9	-1
10	0
11	1

Ballistic Data
Range in 2 yard hexes
			10	20	40	70	100	200	300	400
	FMJ	PEN	16	15	14	12	10	6.2	3.8	2.3
		DC	?	?	?	?	?	?	?	?
	JHP	PEN	15	14	13	11	9.8	5.9	3.6	2.1
		DC	?	?	?	?	?	?	?	?
	AP	PEN	23	22	20	17	14	9	5.4	3.3
		DC	?	?	?	?	?	?	?	?

3RB	?	?	?	?	?	?	?	?
		MA	0.4	0.8	1.7	3.1	4.4	8.9	13	17
		BA	0	-9	-18	-25	-30	-39	-44	-48
		TOF	0	0	1	1	2	4	7	10

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

That thing is hideous. It looks like someone tried to over complicate a Tommy gun.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

That's a weird way to spell "Mike Pence"

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

Soiled Meat

Ikasuhito posted:

That thing is hideous. It looks like someone tried to over complicate a Tommy gun.

I think it actually looks like a bog-standard AR in real life.

It's just that 70's era animation was a real garbage fire so they drew it all sorts of hosed up. It doesn't even look like it has a pistol grip in those frames.

Cathode Raymond fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Apr 24, 2017

Dreadwroth
Dec 12, 2009

by R. Guyovich
I'm not the only one who requested a shotgun, and I'm totally naming mine Ginger for reasons.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Dreadwroth posted:

I'm not the only one who requested a shotgun, and I'm totally naming mine Ginger for reasons.

Unfortunately the modified budget I submitted that had a second shotgun didn't get accepted, so we've only got the one.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

You know what, sign me up!

Name: Trevor 'Snowflame' Bedford

A country boy from Bibb county, Alabama, Trevor got into the army to go to fascinating new places, meet interesting new people, and fire off a bunch of guns and get paid for it. The reality was that he was sat around in a domestic deployment with no action quickly was grating. However, he soon found himself caught up in a lucrative drug ring out of his base and may have picked up a minor drug problem. He was dishonorably discharged when the ring was uncovered, only avoiding prison by accepting a court order to go to rehab. Finding out that you were not allowed to take your gun home after leaving the military was the worst day of his life. When he found out that Hayerd-Gunes were hiring soldiers, he leapt at the chance to see action for real. He's totally sure that the whole 'drug problem' will not be an issue for him or the company. Probably.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

Soiled Meat

Dreadwroth posted:

Zaodai posted:

Unfortunately the modified budget I submitted that had a second shotgun didn't get accepted, so we've only got the one.

Thunderdome will settle this. Put the shotgun in the middle, first person to reach it and shoot the other gets to keep it.

• Locked thread