Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

The Google Translate app lets you download languages to use offline, can we have someone do that for Chinese in case there's no data service in the mountains of Tibet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

We could also use mirrors reflecting light, flashlights, or laser pointers to do Morse code signals.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

chitoryu12 posted:

We could also use mirrors reflecting light, flashlights, or laser pointers to do Morse code signals.

Well, my problem with this is we'd have to be able to see outside too, where as we could hear gunshots inside the building. Otherwise we could just use signal flares or something even where it's just one thing to let us know "hey, they surrendered."

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
If you give me protocols for communicating with the enemy and with the rest of the force I'll use them in the mission.

koolkevz666
Aug 22, 2015
I know voting is closed but it is clear we are already going full Metal Gear here. In other words we need to steal all of their poo poo that we can carry even rations packs and cigarette cartons leave nothing hand sized behind. In by chance we capture/knock out the enemy soldiers don't forget to sling them over your shoulder and carry them out a quick talk with the boss and we have new recruits.

On a more serious note, good luck for the first mission selected Goons.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Maybe we could hold a vote?

Flare

Blinking light Morse code

Gunshot code

Screaming yourself hoarse

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Blood curdling screaming may force surrender.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

chitoryu12 posted:

Flare

Gunshot code

Is there a place in the courtyard where the strike team can see the overwatch team? We might be able to leave a guy outside to send and receive light-transmitted morse code. That'd have less ambiguity than gunshot code, but leaves them more open to being attacked when they're caught off by themselves.

LatwPIAT
Jun 6, 2011

Zaodai posted:

Actually, we can do this super-old timey until we find a Radio Shack. Can we set up pre-defined signals between the overwatch team and the strike teams? You know, shoot-> pause -> shoot shoot would mean they've surrendered or something? Wouldn't convey a TON of information, but at least we could get signals for pre-defined events.

I should think the point we march a bunch of tied-up PLAAN guys out and make them sit against a wall with one of two of our guys as guard serves as a pretty good signal that some of them surrendered. We've laid the plan under the assumption of no communication, so for the most part we can make do without it.

Jimmy4400nav
Apr 1, 2011

Ambassador to Moonlandia

koolkevz666 posted:

I know voting is closed but it is clear we are already going full Metal Gear here. In other words we need to steal all of their poo poo that we can carry even rations packs and cigarette cartons leave nothing hand sized behind. In by chance we capture/knock out the enemy soldiers don't forget to sling them over your shoulder and carry them out a quick talk with the boss and we have new recruits.

On a more serious note, good luck for the first mission selected Goons.

So what you're saying is this will be a fairly accurate representation of our forces SOP?

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

LatwPIAT posted:

I should think the point we march a bunch of tied-up PLAAN guys out and make them sit against a wall with one of two of our guys as guard serves as a pretty good signal that some of them surrendered. We've laid the plan under the assumption of no communication, so for the most part we can make do without it.

If you say so. But I'm not the guy going in the room to take their surrender. :v:

koolkevz666
Aug 22, 2015

Let's just say I may be trying to get some modifications made to the flyboy's AWACs plane and/or any cargo planes they pick up. Also that video is always a delight to watch.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Bacarruda posted:

OPERATION CIRCUIT BREAKER

Situation:
Chinese Radar Facility protecting Lhasa Air Base.
Enemy forces are one Officer, three Guards, three Technicians. Officer and techs armed with pistols. Guards with assault rifles. Expect rear-area, low-quality troops.

Mission:
Kill or incapacitate all personnel
Grab any intel (documents, radar equipment, codebooks, etc.) and usable weapons and gear.
Destroy all radar and comms equipment.

Execution:
Organize yourself as follows:

Team A: Cover
Element RED
Gunner: Popete (M60)
Assistant Gunner: Actuary (M16A2)

Element ORANGE
TL: Dwayne "The Dwayne" Dwayne (M16A2)
Potato (M16A2)

Team B: Assault
Element BLUE
SL: Tesla Cola (M16A2 + x2 M67)
Snake Doctor (M16A2 + x2 M67)
Spanky (M16A2 + x2 M67)
Dread (M16A2 + x2 M67 + x1 M19A1 White Phosphorus)

Element GREEN
TL: Grimace Howlington III (M16A2 + x2 M67)
Steve (M16A2 + x2 M67)
Count (M16A2 + x2 M67)
Simpson Mcfish (M16A2 + x2 M67 + x1 M19A1 White Phosphorus)

Team A will establish overwatch NW of the compound. Do not fire until you are in position. Then engage targets at will. Make sure you have positive ID on targets and do not hit friendlies.

Team B will breach the compound in the following phases:
Phase Alpha: Element BLUE take up kneeling positions at base entrance. Train weapons on buildings
Phase Bravo: Element GREEN runs into compound and sets on wall. Once GREEN is in position, BLUE runs to join them. When both are set, stack BLUE outside the west room and GREEN outside the east room. Toss one frag into each room - let it go off, then breach the rooms simultaneously. Clear rooms, set Willie Pete grenades as demo.
Phase Charlie: Both teams stack on the hallway on the corner
Phase Delta: BLUE tosses a frag into the bathroom -- let it go off, the breach and clear. GREEN covers the hallway.
Phase Echo: Both Elements stack at the southern end of the hallway.
Phase Froxtrot: Both Elements round the corner. BLUE stack on the eastern room. GREEN stack on the western room. Frag, bang, breach, clear. Set demo on the generators.
Phase Golf: Both Elements Regroup in hallway.
Phase Hotel: GREEN clear room at the western end of the hall BLUE joins them when clear.

Once building is clear -- both teams move in wedge formation (GREEN on right, BLUE on left) along the dark blue line.

Link up with Element ORANGE, then move to Element RED's position, then exfil as a squad. GREEN and BLUE in their wedge, RED in line abreast covering the rear.

Admin:
Each man has a basic field dressing. If a man is hit, take down the threat, then have his buddy bandage him and get him stabilized. If he is mobile, have him stay with his element. If he is immobile, leave him there and we will grab him when we exfil.

Command and Control:
BLUE element leader is the mission leader. If he is killed, GREEN element leader takes over.

Questions?

Weapons and Load:

Team A Equip:
RED
Popete: 1x M60; 1x Belt; 1x Harness; 1x Bipod; 1x Clothing = 43.8 LBS

Actuary: 1 M16A2; 1x Harness; 2x Magazine; 1x Magazine Pouch; 2x M60 Belt; 1x Clothing = 29.3 LBS

ORANGE

Dwayne "The Dwayne" Dwayne: 1x M16A2; 1x Harness; 2x Mag Pouch; 3x Magazine; 1x Clothing = 12.9 LBS

Potato: 1x M16A2; 1x Harness; 2x Mag Pouch; 3x Magazine; 1x Clothing = 12.9 LBS

Team B Equip:

BLUE

Tesla Cola: 1x M16A2; 1x Harness; 2x Mag Pouch; 3x Magazine; 1x Clothing; 2x M67 FRAG = 14.7 LBS

Snake Doctor: 1x M16A2; 1x Harness; 2x Mag Pouch; 3x Magazine; 1x Clothing; 2x M67 FRAG = 14.7 LBS

Spanky: 1x M16A2; 1x Harness; 2x Mag Pouch; 3x Magazine; 1x Clothing; 2x M67 FRAG = 14.7 LBS

Dread: 1x M16A2; 1x Harness; 2x Mag Pouch; 3x Magazine; 1x Clothing; 2x M67 FRAG; 1 WP Grenade = 16.6 LBS

GREEN

Grimace Howlington III: 1x M16A2; 1x Harness; 2x Mag Pouch; 3x Magazine; 1x Clothing; 2x M67 FRAG = 14.7 LBS

Steve: 1x M16A2; 1x Harness; 2x Mag Pouch; 3x Magazine; 1x Clothing; 2x M67 FRAG = 14.7 LBS

Count :1x M16A2; 1x Harness; 2x Mag Pouch; 3x Magazine; 1x Clothing; 2x M67 FRAG = 14.7 LBS

Simpson McFish: 1x M16A2; 1x Harness; 2x Mag Pouch; 3x Magazine; 1x Clothing; 2x M67 FRAG; 1 WP Grenade = 16.6 LBS

0130 THURSDAY
HALF MOON
MODERATE WIND

INITIAL POSITIONS

I'm gonna move in broad strokes, then when things start happening I'll do play-by-play

Phase 1 Movement

Phase 2 Movement

Phase 3 Movement

Phase 4 Movement

Enemy contact! We spot 2 Guards by the main entrance, and 2 Unarmed Technicians talking to eachother in the parking lot. Because of the wind, and conversation, we are not heard as we run up to the entrance. In the darkness, they do not see us. We, however, see them just fine. We are going to slow down as to decrease our chance of discovery until we get some sign that overwatch has been set up, its taking quite some time with that heavy M60.

Phase 5

We remain unheard and unspotted. BLUE section takes up proper firing positions, yet does not train their guns on the enemy just yet. Still waiting on Team A. if they don't start shooting soon, Team B will go ahead and begin the attack.

Phase 6

Team B keeps readying their weapons, and have not been heard or spotted. They've completely stopped moving and are simply aiming their weapons, becoming deadlier with each passing second. Team A continues towards their positions. Its only a matter of time before combat begins, the chances of being spotted are now against us at the compound.

Phase 7 - Impulse 1

One of the guards sees us and immediately shouts, alerting everyone around! Those inside do not hear the shout, however.

Will Hired Goons succeed? Will they fail? Which Mercenaries will make it out alive, and which ones will die? What carnage will unfold? Tune in tomorrow morning to find out!

It is an immense workload to actually work out the combat. I'm doing it right now but by time I'm done it'll be too late, I'll type it all up tomorrow morning as soon as I wake up. Having to keep track of 12 mercs +
+ a secret number of PLAAF guys is making me lose my mind. Need to refill my SAN overnight.

Phi230 fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Apr 15, 2017

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

I think your number 1 obligation is to not burn out. If you need to take things slowly to actually churn out an update in this system, so be it.

Also way to go goonsquad for managing to get so close in the first place.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
If I were a betting man I'd say if you gave Grimace Howlington III the M60 we'd have overwatch by now!

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Green Intern posted:

I think your number 1 obligation is to not burn out. If you need to take things slowly to actually churn out an update in this system, so be it.

Also way to go goonsquad for managing to get so close in the first place.

We were saved by the fact that its pitch black and windy. Those two guys talking also did a great job at muffling the sound.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Not to bad so far. If the total number of men stationed is accurate then we just caught over half their compliment out in the open.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

We probably should have just shot them once we were all in position and were aiming. We need to get a little hand cart or something to move that M60 around on. Mission is going to be done by the time it is set up. :v:

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Ikasuhito posted:

Not to bad so far. If the total number of men stationed is accurate then we just caught over half their compliment out in the open.

"If"

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Zaodai posted:

We probably should have just shot them once we were all in position and were aiming. We need to get a little hand cart or something to move that M60 around on. Mission is going to be done by the time it is set up. :v:

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
I am slow as hell.

BurningStone
Jun 3, 2011

chitoryu12 posted:

Flare

Gunshot code

The assault team should wear bright red shirts so overwatch can identify them. Communication can be by obscene hand gestures.

Snake is going to solo this mission while everybody else dies dramatically around him.

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
No radios and no binocs, y'all are going to all die.

Go team goon!

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
In case it hadn't sunk in to everyone yet, Phi had to utilize the sound and hearing rules at every phase of the approach to find out when the troops would be detected by the crunch of their footsteps.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Phi please don't die doing this LP, do you really want pass away at your desk calculating how many Goons die when one of us inevitable botches pulling a grenade from their vest? It's OK to walk away when you're ahead.

BurningStone
Jun 3, 2011
I haven't played this system, but I have played some created with a similar philosophy. The accomplishment became running the system correctly, rather than anything the characters were trying to do.

LatwPIAT
Jun 6, 2011

For all that we're a bunch of US Army dropouts stuck doing mercenary ops in the rear end end of nowhere with outdated equipment, I have confidence that we'll manage this fairly well. BLUE Team have caught the PLAAF guards in an ambush, which and from what I can tell BLUE should easily have twice the accuracy of the guards. The opening shots will probably be made at 3-4 times the accuracy, with hit accuracies in the 81-99% range at the lowest. Things will drop off sharply after that, but the opening volleys should be devastating to the PLAAF.

e: And Phi, if you need help actually running things, I volunteer. Playing is fun and all, but running this is also a blast!

LatwPIAT fucked around with this message at 10:59 on Apr 15, 2017

Tevery Best
Oct 11, 2013

Hewlo Furriend
Remember to check the cars for Kill Frenzies.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

AND WE'RE BACK (accidentally pressed submit, editing the whole update now as you probably read this)

Phase 7 - Impulse 1 Continued

Team A continues moving Forward. Hears Gunshots.

TEAM B ENGAGING HOSTILES

code:

Guard 1 spends 2 CA unslinging rifle.
Guard 2 spends 2 CA unslinging rifle.

Tesla Cola Fires at Guard 1 (North Guard)!
22 EAL for 80% chance to hit. Rolled 65. Hit.

GUARD 1 HIT - LEFT FOOT - DISABLED! 
63 PD inflicted! BONES BROKEN - 20 SHOCK DAMAGE
Guard 1 FAILS knockout roll! Incapacitated for 73 phases!
47 Day Healing Time
60% chance of survival after 51 hours (No First Aid)

Spanky Fires at Guard 1 (North Guard)! 
EAL 21 for 74% chance to hit. Rolled 72. Hit.

GUARD 1 HIT - LUNG-RIB 
305 PD inflicted! RIB BROKEN - 20 SHOCK
Guard 1 FAILS knockout roll! Incapacitated for 2 hours! (Total Time 2 hours 2.43 minutes or 3,672 phases)
65 Day Healing Time
4% chance of survival after 4 hours (No First Aid). 

Snake Doctor Fires at Guard 2 (South Guard)
EAL 24 for 90% chance to hit. Rolled 52. Hit.

GUARD 2 HIT - RIGHT THIGH FLESH - RIGHT LEG DISABLED!
Guard 2 FAILS knockout roll! Incapacitated for 3 minutes or 90 phases. 
61 Day Healing Time
12% chance of survival after 11 hours (No First Aid). 
Technician 1 Spends 1 CA turning 160 degrees; facing Northeast.
Technician 2 spends 1 CA turning 60 degrees; facing Northeast.

Snake Doctor Awarded 1 kill.
Tesla Cola Awarded .5 Kill.
Spanky Awarded .5 kill.

Spanky and Tesla Cola both fire one shot at the North most guard. He is struck in the foot first, the bullet passes straight through the foot and breaks all the bones in its path. The Guard passes out, and then is struck in the chest by Snake Doctor's round. The round passes through the rib and lung before lodging in the back ribs. The guard slips deeper into unconsciousness and bleeds on the ground heavily.

Snake Doctor fires a single shot at the Southern guard, he is struck in the right leg and passes out.

Phase 7 - Impulse 2

TEAM A continues movement towards their objectives.

TEAM B splits into BLUE and GREEN.

BLUE TEAM does nothing.

Green Team begins movement towards base entrance.

Phase 7 - Impulse 3

Popete is slow.

Team Green continues moving.

Tech 1 advances 1 hex.
Tech 2 advances 1 hex.

Phase 7 - Impulse 4

Potato moves forward 1 hex.

Grimace spends 1 CA selecting 3 Round Burst.
Grimace Engages Technician 1!

code:

Grimace fires 3 Round Burst at Tech 1!
EAL -10 for 0% chance to hit. Rolled 74. Miss. 

Technician 1 Makes Morale Check
Critical Distance = 6 
EAL differential = 20 - 6 = 14. 
No Effect

Technician 2 Makes Morale Check
Critical Distance = 6
EAL differential = 20 - 6 = 14.
No Effect.
Grimace takes a hasty three round burst from the hip at the two techs moving slowly forward. He misses in an incredible fashion, and the techs are unfazed.

All the personnel inside the building have long been alerted by the sounds of gunfire.

Phase 7 Ends.

Phase 8 - Impulse 1

Team A continues movement, Actuary spots lone guard moving North! Actuary assumes a firing stance.

Technician 1 and 2 quickly Surrender. Spanky moving to corral surrenders. Rest of Blue Team positions themselves to cover the Green Team's movement toward doorway.

Phase 8 - Impulse 2

Actuary begins aiming at guard moving north. Popete and Orange team continue movement.

Team Blue continues overwatch, Spanky moves. Team Green moves toward the door.

Phase 8 - Impulse 3

Movement continues on all fronts, Blue Team continues prepping for overwatch, Actuary aims, Popete and ORANGE move.

Phase 8 - Impulse 4

Movement and aiming continue.

Phase 8 ends.

Phase 9 - Impulse 1

Popete goes prone and begins deploying his bipod, which takes 8 actions. Basically he won't be ready to fire for another 2 phases. Actuary continues aiming at Guard moving north.

Green Team has almost reached breaching point, and will begin stacking on the door. They will open the door then allow Blue Team to waste anybody in the next room, since they've been aiming this whole time.

Phase 9 - Impulse 2

More of the same.

Phase 9 - Impulse 3

GREEN Moves, Blue Aims, Popete fiddles with a bipod.

Phase 9 - Impulse 4

I'm switching back to phase-by-phase updates because that's better. Team A finally set up overwatch, but Popete is fiddling with that Bipod for another whole phase.

Team Green is just about stacked up and ready to enter. Blue Team is pretty much ready to kill anything that moves once the door opens. After the antechamber is clear, green will move in and blue will follow.

Phase 10

On Impulse 3, Actuary is feeling ready enough to take a shot at the guard that has been moving for a while now.

Actuary Engaging Hostile!

code:

Actuary Engaging Guard 3! Actuary fires single shot.
EAL 17 for 46% to hit. Rolled 3. Hit.

GUARD 3 HIT - SIDE STOMACH-LIVER 
790 PD Inflicted. 10 Shock Damage! 
Healing Time 73 Days.
0% chance of survival after 6 minutes (No Aid). 

GUARD 3 FAILS Knockout Roll! Needed 98, Rolled 97. 
Incapacitated For 19 Hours. 

Urist McActuary fires rifle
The bullet pierces the guard! Rips the flesh and tears the liver! The part sails away in an arc!

Actuary just killed a man. Actuary Awarded 1 Kill.

TEAM GREEN moves into final stacking positions. As this happens, Grimace hears a guard running in the next room on impulse 3 and 4.

Phase 10 ends.

It seems fairly evident now that Commander Snake's intel was off.

Phase 11

That guard is getting increasingly close! All of Team Green can hear him now. Instead of breaching we are going to go ahead and let him open the door.

The NorthWest corner is quiet for now, Popete deployed the bipod and entered into a firing stance. Overwatch M60 is finally established!

Impulse 2

The suspense is now palpable as Team Green can hear the enemy on the other side of the doorway! The entirety of Green Team flips their fire selectors to 3 Round Burst, which the enemy does not hear thankfully.

Team A is dormant for now.

Impulse 3

Open the door! Get on the floor! Everybody walk the MURDERRRRRR

Blue Team Engaging Enemy! Green Team Engaging Enemy!

code:

Grimace Howlington III Firing 3 Round Burst at Guard 4
EAL 27. 3RB -5 for 99/74% chance to hit. Roll 37. 2 Hits.

Count Firing 3 Round Burst at Guard 4. 
19 EAL, 3RB -5 for 73/22. Rolled 21. 2 Hits. 

Tesla Cola Firing Single Shot at Guard 4. 
EAL 27 for 98% chance to hit. Roll 13. Hit.

Dread Firing Single Shot at Guard 4. 
EAL 26 for 96% to hit. Roll 22. Hit.

GUARD 4 sustains 6 HITS.

Hit 1: Oblique Left Forearm Bone. DISABLED! 
60PD sustained, 10 shock!

Hit 2: Oblique Left Shoulder Glance. 
7PD sustained.

Hit 3: Oblique Left Thigh Flesh. DISABLED!
226PD sustained.

Hit 4: Oblique Right Foot. DISABLED!
63PD sustained, 40 Shock! 

Hit 5: Left Forearm Flesh-Lung.
Bullet Overpenetrates Arm! Strikes Lung!
Arm: 63PD sustained, DISABLED!
Lung: 305PD sustained, 20 shock!

Hit 6: Right Leg Glance
11PD Sustained. 

GUARD 4 PD total: 735. Shock Total: 70. 

GUARD 4 FAILS Knockout Roll! Incapacitated for 19 hours!
Healing Time 72 Days
0% chance of survival after 13 minutes (No First Aid)
Guard 4 goes down in a hail of gunfire. No other targets in the room. Blue Team will mobilize and Green Team will enter.
Impulse 4

Green team enters the building, Spanky finally arrives to police up the prisoners.

Phase 12

Green Team moves into position to breach the first room.

Phase 13

Grimace, having no CQB training, spends 2 CA to kick open the door.

PLAAF tech fires at Grimace Howlington!

code:

PLAAF Tech 3 fires single shot at Grimace Howlington
EAL 12 for 18% to hit. Roll 7. Hit. 

Grimace Howlington III HIT - R. Knee - DISABLED
36PD sustained, 50 Shock!
Heal Time - 43 Days
69% of Recovery after 59 hours (No First Aid). 
76% of Recovery after 25 Days (First Aid). 

Grimace Howlington III Knockout Roll.
76 PD damage - 4.2x KV. 98% failure. Roll 99. PASS Knockout Check.

Grimace Howlington III uses his last CA to make a snapshot 3 round burst at the PLAAF Tech.

code:

Grimace Howlington III fires 3 Round Burst at PLAAF Tech 3!
EAL 14, 3RB -5 for 42/7 to hit. Roll 20. 1 Hit.

PLAAAF Tech 3 HIT! FOREHEAD! DISABLED!
140,000 PD Sustained, 40 Shock. 
Dies Instantly
Grimace Howlington, our best Merc, is out of the fight. However, he tanked a round to the knee and blew a man's head up. McFish is assigned to first aid duty while Grimace stays behind. Blue Team is moving up shortly.

The rest of Green Team will take this lesson not to expose oneself in front of a doorway, and will conduct the room clearing smarter.

On Impulse 3, McFish successfully performs first aid. Grimace moves into the first aid column for CTP and RR. He is now at 76% of recovery after 25 days. His Damage Total has been reduced by 8, improving this further. Grimace's final medical statistic is 79% of recovery after 25 days.

Final movement for Phase 13.

Phase 14

Steve moves to a stacked position while Count arms a grenade. It is now live and will detonate at Impulse 4, Phase 16

Phase 15

Count cooks the grenade for the phase. Team Blue has moved into the building and will hold position until the grenade goes off.

Phase 16

On Impulse 2 Steve opens the door. Count blindfire tosses the grenade around the corner at the highlighted hex. Neither is exposed to gunfire to the THREE PLAAF techs trained on the door.

code:

Count blind throwing grenade into hex
EAL 6 for 5% to hit. Rolls 14. Miss. 
Odds EAL just above 14 = 11 EAL. 
EAL Differential = 11-6 = 5. 

Grenade misses by 1 hex. Lands in hex code 6 (upper left corner). 

The grenade lands in the hex above, and before the Techs can even react...

Impulse 4

The grenade explodes inside a room!

code:

Left Tech, Middle Tech, Right Tech, Count, Steve subjected to grenade blast.

Left Tech is 2 hexes away. 
Left Tech sustains 280 Concussive Damage. (x5 for being in room)
Left Tech is not hit by shrapnel.
PD Sustained: 280.
Left Tech FAILS knockout roll. Incapacitated for 21 minutes.
Healing Time is 61 Days.
12% chance of survival after 11 hours (No First Aid).

Middle Tech is 1 hex away.
Middle Tech sustains 950 damage (x5 for being in room). 
Middle Tech hit by shrapnel - Left Shoulder Glance - 7PD.
PD Sustained: 957
Middle Tech FAILS knockout roll. Incapacitated for 11 hours.
Healing Time = 75 Days
0% chance of survival after 5 minutes (No Aid).

Right Tech is 3 hexes away.
Right tech sustains 145 damage (x5 for being in room).
Right Tech not hit by shrapnel.
PD Sustained: 145. 
Right Tech FAILS knockout roll. Incapacitated for 5 minutes. 
Healing Time = 53 Days.
36% of survival after 31 hours (No Aid). 

Count Behind Solid Cover. Immune from Damage.
Steve Behind Solid Cover. Immune from Damage.
The three Techs are obliterated by the explosion, and will not recover in time.

And just as the blast goes off, over the installation's intercom, the Base Officer offers surrender in plain, yet heavily accented English. The battle is over, time to allow the survivors to tend to their wounded, round up captures, destroy the RADAR equipment, and loot and pillage.

CASUALTIES AND LOSSES

BLUFOR:

1x WIA - Grimace Howlington - Right Knee Injury. He succeeds his Recovery Roll. He will return to active duty in 43 days.

1x M67 Frag Grenade
2x M19A1 WP (demolition)
18x 5.56 NATO FMJ

OPFOR:

1x Officer - Captured. En Route back to base for interrogation and possible prisoner transfer/ransom.
2x Guard - Captured. En Route back to base for possible conversion.
3x Guard - KIA.
1x Guard - WIA. Survived recovery roll. Sent to Lhasa Hospital in personal vehicle.
2x Technicians - Captured. En Route to base for interrogation and possible conversion for comms team.
4x Technicians - KIA. 1 Dead Instantly, 3 succumb to their explosive wounds.

5x CAPTURED
7x KIA
1x WIA

All loot thrown into captured hatchback vehicle. Will require thorough inspection and inventory. We also now have a hatchback vehicle.

Phi230 fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Apr 16, 2017

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!
Can't bear the suspense, edit faster :ohdear:

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
It probably doesn't help that my max speed is 1 less than everyone else.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Taking shots at 0% chance to hit. I'm off to a rollicking good start. At least the techs surrendered.

[EDIT]
And yeah, seems like we picked basically the worst person possible to give the M60 to for this.

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

My antenna is telling me that you're probably wrong about this.
Soiled Meat

Zaodai posted:

Taking shots at 0% chance to hit. I'm off to a rollicking good start. At least the techs surrendered.

[EDIT]
And yeah, seems like we picked basically the worst person possible to give the M60 to for this.

Come on now, I have every confidence that Popete will have that m60 set up in time to watch the air strike.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

"If" looks to be right. Guess thats what we get for trusting some guy Kurt Russel kidnapped to give us accurate Intel.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Cathode Raymond posted:

Come on now, I have every confidence that Popete will have that m60 set up in time to watch the air strike.

I'm gonna fire that thing no matter what, I don't care if everyone is dead.

LatwPIAT
Jun 6, 2011

Zaodai posted:

Popete is not the right person to get the Pig quickly into position, but for an overwatch mission, the M60's firepower and accuracy helps offset Popete's otherwise low stats, and he's the second-most qualified merc we have in Team A. It was Popete or The Dwayne on the M60, and I figured that The Dwayne would be better as a more mobile element, taking advantage of his +2 AGL.

(Also, due to Phoenix Command being edited by drunken llamas, I think Phi has counted the weight of the bipod twice. The M60 in the rules already has the weight of the bipod included.)

LatwPIAT fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Apr 15, 2017

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Nice job, goonsquad.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
I tgink I'll start doing phase by phase again. Impulse by impulse seems way too slow. Its taken me like 5 hours to do 20 seconds of game time that way lmao

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!

Phi230 posted:

I tgink I'll start doing phase by phase again. Impulse by impulse seems way too slow. Its taken me like 5 hours to do 20 seconds of game time that way lmao

Jesus Christ :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Game working as intended.

• Locked thread