Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface
Telsa Cola reporting for duty. Lets hope I die hilariously.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface

Phi230 posted:

To clarify, everybody starts as a rifleman, but must qualify (aka survive) for weapons. I will be taking down qualification requests right now, as to know what weapon your dude will train for as that becomes available (XP, equipment availability).

It it possible to stay as a rifleman?

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

Toff because we are literally small unit operations.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

I am voting for Toff because he is honestly the only one who does what we are supposed to be doing (Popov is cool but guerrilla warfare is more if we get hosed and stuck behind enemy lines for extended periods which seems outside of our ideal mission parimeters). Popov also seems like he would be better at literally anything Kurt could do.

If we had to pick a second one later I would do Popov because guerrilla training would be a good thing to have but I believe actually being taught to work as a small independent unit is something we should probably know given that is what we literally are as a merc company. Plus it allows us to support the fly boys and possible get more $$$ for intel and recon bonuses. I think that will more than pay for the more expensive price.

Telsa Cola fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Apr 11, 2017

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

Crazycryodude posted:

Voting for Circuit Breaker and definitely not just because it lets me be part of the assault team.

Ill try not to get all of us killed.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

Zaodai posted:

Yeah, I think our strike teams are going to end up with shotgun blasts to the chest as soon as we walk through the door. At least as Green Team Leader, I won't be point man (I assume).

We are fragging every door we breach and since grenades in this are insane we should be good.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

Im hoping they gave us like a surplus small pamphlet that has some few simple commands on it.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

How much faster is phase by phase?

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

Good job team. None of us died horribly which is quite the accomplishment. The injury system seems rough but its a good way to let other goons have a turn so thats pretty nice.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

Well I was going to spec leadership since I was a Squad leader last mission but instead I guess I will spec Marksmen since we already have a bunch of people going for leadership. Is that more about being a sniper or being a designated marksman?

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

Well poo poo if my stats in that are that high I take back what I said. Leadership training for me please. Also yea to thunderdome. I request the chain of command as my weapon.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

Someone just needs to get good enough to hip fire a 2 pound mortar like that one dude in WW2.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

Zaodai posted:

I was wondering the same thing, but apparently it is the full size Astartes one. I could have sworn they were .98.

Heavy Bolters are .98 or whatever if I remember correctly. Astarte pattern are .75. The human sized ones I think are the same caliber but its mention that you still need aguments or power armor to use one without breaking your arms in the fluff. Caphius Cain uses a bolt pistol but his hands are bionics which helps. The only non astartes that use actual bolters are sisters of battle and they both have their own bolter pattern and all wear power armor.

Telsa Cola fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Apr 18, 2017

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

What exactly is our budget?

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

Popete posted:

1x Physical Fitness Training Center - $150,000
1x Firing Range - $75,000
1x Field Hospital and Staff - $200,000

Bogdons Cousin He will take over our Firing Range and get the boys in fighting shape.

Total = $500,000

I really think getting our guys trained up should be a high priority early on. The field hospital as well should be a big priority, cause we are likely gonna get shot the hell up.

As for weapons, maybe we should give each recruit an allowance? Say $10k each and pick out whatever you want.

This plan sounds swell.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

xthetenth posted:

No, Cain uses a laspistol. The model for the cover art uses a bolt pistol though. :v:

Thats what was messing me up, drat propaganda poster. There is someone who does use a bolt pistol and its noted they can only really do so because they bionics.

When I get out of class for the day I might draft up a proposal as well if I can think of something better than what was put forward. Though as our first real purchase I feel pretty confident that we can spend 50%ish of our funds and not be screwed in the long run.

Telsa Cola fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Apr 19, 2017

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

A helicopter would be nice.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

Popete posted:

I'm pretty sure we are barely capable of driving a car let alone a chopper.

Im imagining that Yooper will buy one and in missions he will designate an operations area for the chopper to be in which will allow us to call in airstrikes if this makes sense. This would mean that the operations requesting air support in this thread would have to run after or concurrently with the other one which may be too much effort.

Telsa Cola fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Apr 19, 2017

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

Support weapons hopefully will really shine if we ever get a defense mission.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

Given that my leadership is the highest and pending on the Thunderdome results I think I will nab one of the two leader spots.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

For Tesla Cola

1x Bayonet $500

1x Flak Jacket $1500

1x Steel plate carrier $5000

1x helmet $150

1x radio headset $1200

1x M16A2 M203 $2400

1x M68 Frag $1000

Total $11,750

The remaining $250 can go to whoever nabs it first I guess.

Even with what is stated below Im going to keep this as it basically fully equips one merc well.

Telsa Cola fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Apr 20, 2017

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

Phi230 posted:

The Illuminati plan has already bought all the helmets, flak jackets as well as plenty of radios etc...

Ill drop the helmet and flak jacket and pick up another M68 grenade then, Leaving $650 I think for anyone who wants it.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

Phi230 posted:

I think the best way to handle the stipend would be have more proposals on small arms to buy (with a set budget of 144,000), tailor them to individual needs and wants, and vote those through.

This might be best, I also thought originally the stipend was for each person to customize their person.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

LETS GET READY TO RUMMMMBLE!

My guy is going to get dunked on in like 3 seconds isn't he.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

Its okay Grimace, If i win I will make you my second who can quickly fix all my bumbling mistakes.

Or not, who knows how this will turn out.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

The Germans wanted to make it one in WW1 because the pellets made infection super likely and made surgery a bitch to do. But that didn't pass and thats the only example I can think of.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

chitoryu12 posted:

Germany in WW1 tried to have them declared illegal for the wounds they caused, but it was never accepted. In part because Germany was complaining while simultaneously using flamethrowers and gas.

E:fb

To be fair everyone was using flamethrowers and gas at that point I believe. It was just the Americans who were using trench guns. I don't think all of the parties would have accepted dropping the use of gas and flamethrowers but having one party drop the use of one weapon wouldn't be too much of a stretch.

Telsa Cola fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Apr 20, 2017

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

Watch him be the champion.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

He will never get a leg up in life at this rate.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

This is likely less work for you doing math. Im good with any and all injury that comes from our hubris.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

I think everyone is going in with the same armor so its even?

Are all the matches being done tonight?

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

Just woke up give me 5 mins to throw something together. I will try to grab things for everyone.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

If people are up keep tossing me ideas of what they want, we have the budget for it.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

Done, give me a second to post it.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

2 MI6A2 M203- 4,800
2 BIPODS - 2000
3 LASER SIGHTS- 7500
5 ENTRENCHING TOOLS- 500
20 RGD-5 FRAGS -15,000
1 BAR- 7000
4 PPSH 41- 12,000
2 REMINGTON -3,200
6 M16A2 - 10,800
10 AK-74 - 15,000
1 M1919A6 -10,000
2 RPG-18- $15000
2 M1 GARAND- $20,000
3 M14 -10,500
5 M68 FRAGS- 5000
7 M67 FRAG , 5600

TOTAL = 143,900

Here is what I have.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

Nit pick away. This was typed up in a flurry literally after waking up so there are mistakes abound as I tried to read everyones suggestions, also someone check my math please.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

2 MI6A2 M203- 4,800
2 BIPODS - 2000
3 LASER SIGHTS- 7500
5 ENTRENCHING TOOLS- 500
20 RGD-5 FRAGS -15,000
1 BAR- 7000
4 PPSH 41- 12,000
4 REMINGTON -6,400
6 M16A2 - 10,800
10 AK-74 - 15,000
1 M1919A6 -10,000
2 RPG-18- $15000
6 M14 -21,000
5 M68 FRAGS- 5000
10 M67 FRAG , 8000
5 M1 CARBINE - 4000

TOTAL = 144,000

Again someone check my math. Hope this is better. If there is more money feel free to add whatever to make up for it, if there is less money, pick what you don't think we need.

Telsa Cola fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Apr 21, 2017

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

Popete posted:

10 M67 is $8000 not $5600

Honestly we can probably drop the PPSH as well. 140k is a lot so feel free to not use all of it, it'll go towards our next weapon purchase (QF-17).

Thank you, I had done the math correctly for the total it turns out but forgot to update the list. PPsh were there for a submachine gun class weapon for close range assault teams, i got the same amount of shotguns so we could mix and match as needed. Feel free to adjust my list if you want, Im going to get some food.

Telsa Cola fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Apr 21, 2017

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

I actually have no idea what is going on anymore in regards to procurement but Im fine with whatever happens since all the plans seem pretty good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

If OPs finals schedule is anything like mine they should be done by the end of this week.

• Locked thread