Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!
Sign me up as Sally "Boy Named Sue" Rotebluse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Didn't know Asian mountaintop wisemen hermits get internet access.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Is it true that this was made by NASA engineers? Because it seems like the creators look like the sort of people who think IT'S OBVIOUS what the granade factor for things 4 or 5-10 hexes away are.

But enough autistic spergs bought this to get supplements released, Jesus Christ. ArmA doesn't give as much poo poo about war as this game does.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Zephirum posted:

Are there going to be moral/ethical dilemmas for Our Heroes to resolve?

Our best soldier got shot and OOC we know exactly what damage it suffered, since this is Field Medic Command the game. Do we really try moving forward knowing that our chances of survival aren't any better?

JcDent
May 13, 2013

gradenko_2000 posted:

It is my understanding that yes, LatwPIAT really did do that, and they are a wizard.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Old Mortality stole my heart and my family's silver.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

LatwPIAT posted:

I've updated the hit-and-hit-location-roller so that it doesn't think that all limb hits automatically go to the right arm and leg, and the Hired Goon Character Manager spreadsheet has a lot more features now. For example, in addition to the Main sheet, there's a Learning sheet where Learning Point Totals can be entered, which automatically calculates the Skill Level and updates all dependent fields. I need to find some way to give you editing rights on this thing so you can actually use it, and I'll see what I can do about adding shotguns to the hit-location roller.

The offer to make data sheets for modern weapons (or just M16's with ACOGs) still stands, by the way!

e: It can now model shotguns, automatic shotguns, and up to 120 hits.

You will need his email so you can give him the right to edit sheets via the share function on google docs. Or you can set "anyone with the link can edit" and just PM him the link.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

I should stop voting Soviet.

I should also find out if I'm still alive in the other LP.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Can't bear the suspense, edit faster :ohdear:

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Phi230 posted:

I tgink I'll start doing phase by phase again. Impulse by impulse seems way too slow. Its taken me like 5 hours to do 20 seconds of game time that way lmao

Jesus Christ :stare:

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Modern rifles have effective ranges of up to 300 meters. Maybe we should try that next time.

As for room clearing, asking for some milhist goon to post that Soviet instructional comic.

The kneecap reminds me of that one American doctor rescue where one operator that burst into the room just ate a headshot, being the only American casualty in the op. Luck of the draw...

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Ms. PIAT how did you get this deep into the groggiest game of all time?

IS IT BECAUSE YOU'RE A BORED AREA 51 AI THAT HAD A PDF OF PHOENIX COMMAND UPLOADED DURING YOUR FORMATIVE CYCLES?

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Horrible Lurkbeast posted:

A game cannot be called that unless it has rules for vaginal opening circumference.
:goonsay:

Quick, make a table that measures the damage a 5.56mm round fired from a fouled-up, sorta worn out M16 would do if it was hitting a baby's rear end in a top hat at 10k feet ASL.

Coming soon: FATAL COMMAND

xthetenth posted:

What other game system lets you deliver six digit damage headshots to gender stereotypes?

However, it reinforces the gently caress out of engineer stereotypes.

Someone probably once said that war isn't rocket science and two guys took offense.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

BODY ARMOR would be nice.

By the way, how up-to-date is our equipment database? Piat, dahling, mayhaps you have a line on some Phoenix Comman version of the 1.13 Arsenal mod?

JcDent
May 13, 2013

LatwPIAT posted:

Since people have been arguing about how much to load our combat teams up with, here's a table to make the relationship between carried weight and Combat Actions clear.

Armor has the following weights:

code:
Type                             Wt.    PF
Light Flexible:                  2.0      4
Medium Flexible:                 2.6      6
Heavy Flexible:                  3.2      9
Light Rigid:                     7.9      6
Rigid:                          11.5     10
Medium Rigid:                   15.0     16
Heavy Rigid:                    24.0     30
Light Helmet:                    2.2      6
Medium Helmet:                   3.1     10
Heavy Helmet:                    4.0     16
Visor:                             0.8    4
PF 16 can stop 5.56 NATO at the muzzle, and 7.62 NATO at 70 hexes. PF 30 stops basically all kinds of small-arms fire.

What is Heavy Rigid in real-world terms? Uparmored Humwee door?

How slow would our dudes be in medium rigid and a medium helmet?

How slow would our Best Merc be in Heavy Rigid, a.k.a. the absurd video game EOD titan armor?

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Maybe we can get lighter guns? Carbines, Pdws, thar sorta thing?

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Grimace is the Fruity Rudy of this bunch of Army rejects.

I loving knew we should have gone with the communists

JcDent
May 13, 2013

By the way, will our replacements be of a more variable quality, or is our PMC automatically mailing every army reject past 2021?

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Well, the patient didn't die, so you're our medic now!

And since you'relikely to go Africa next, you're gonna be swimming in AKs.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Africa, eh? Would they still have G3s and FALs around there?

lovely Chicom AKs are guaranteed, tho.

I vote that the more emaciated members of the group get M4A1s.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Elephant gun... On an elephant!

JcDent
May 13, 2013

I assume Piat ate one of the designers' brain and just absorbed the information Space Marine style.

Bracket it is!

JcDent
May 13, 2013

I am likely an idiot

So a Bolter is close to 20mm autocannon in diameter, yet Deathwatch RPG gives the weight of 18, and a rough estimate of ammo mag weighting 10% of the full gun weight, so that's where I derive weights from. The muzzle velocity is of the original gyrojet. I might have messed up some other things

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Bolter is .75, I checked.

We definitely shoudln't get to the point where we must use ATGMs. RPG-7s? IEDs? That hatchback we stole but filled with C4? Now that's fair game.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

I've seen a chart or two describing the missle logic in the ultranerd mod Modern Warfare for World in Conflict. Do you really want to calculate the effect of dry African air to Javelin's guidance system.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

One technical with a Dushka, and one with a rocket pod salvaged from a Hind.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Piat, which Twilight version is the best?

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Ikasuhito posted:

While this is a generous offer, I think it would still be best to try and save money where possible. This talk of buying a tank for instance, surly we can get similer results(and save alot of money) by just bolting the QF 17 pounder to the Hatchback. No need for anything so fancy.

I don't think anyone ever made a QF 17-pounder portee, but 50 years of truck technology must have made this possible!

We could have one of these, but more British!

But that's probably for Angola Mission 2 or stuff, since it would give us time to hire local Askaris to boring jobs with little potential for becoming a casualty crew support/team weapons.

Joke option: some unholy marriage between a Casspir MRAP and the QF 17-pounder.

JcDent fucked around with this message at 07:02 on Apr 19, 2017

JcDent
May 13, 2013

I have an early No Guns, No Glory vote. Mortars were great in Jagged Alliance 1.13 (until the black shirts showed up and shattered my dreams, as well as everything else), armor is always good and we don't even have an option for T-55.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

AK-74, good enough!

This is not the game in which I would feel adventurous enough to go with a Kar98 (like my JA 1.13 sniper) or Kraut Space Magic/G11, which, barring strange kickstarters, would be super expensive in 2019.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

I'm waiting for a recreation of some of the 1-on-1 melee fights that my Space Marines had had: four phases of ineffectual flailing!

Or a historical duel outcome: two guys getting increasingly maimed, but refusing to get knocked out.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Things We Don't Need More Of: A Detailed List Of Armaments That Are Superfluous For The Successful Completion Of Missions In The Light Of Inventory As It Exists Currently
M16A2s

I can't argue with any of the other purchases. Grenades, shotguns and SMGs are necessary if you run into any buildings any time soon, and WWII vintage rifles aren't that bad at ranges over 300 meters (where 5.56 ammunition falters).

Now, how about having more thunderdome?

JcDent
May 13, 2013

thatbastardken posted:

I would like to be put on the reserve list as A. Girl, badly confused stock photo model whose agent is so fired once she gets out of this contract

That's just the kind of trigger discipline that this outfit practices!

1. Keep your finger on the trigger.
2. Double tap is a myth and there's no such thing as an overkill.
3. Keep aiming at everyone at all time.
4. I do not aim with my eye; he who aims with his eye probably knew his father.
I don't aim at all.

I do not shoot with my mind; he who shoots with his mind probably knew his father.
I shoot full auto.

I do not kill with my heart; he who kills with his heart probably knew his father.
I kill with a 2x4.
5. The world is a target-rich environment.

By the way, can the game simulate Mozambique Drill?

JcDent
May 13, 2013

I bet they hate redheads or something!

By the way, is Thunderdome over?

JcDent
May 13, 2013

CirclMastr posted:

Yeah, at this rate the Thunderdome will take at least a month.

Ditto. Post them at least once per day, please!

JcDent
May 13, 2013

This just drives the point (of the scissors) of this LP being pregnant with potential home.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

It's weekend on this side of the pond already, waiting for that update.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Hey, let us not forget that we might go on a mission one day!

JcDent
May 13, 2013

I am waiting for a fight that will last forever, with the combatants getting progressively more maimed, but failing to pass out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Did you run the campaign for 12 years because a combat encounter took a month to resolve?

Alao, I don't think Phoenix Command needs railguns to be any deadlier.

• Locked thread