Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Supeerme
Sep 13, 2010

Music:
Welcome to the Digimon World!
Digimon World: Next Order is a sequel to the PSX game Digimon World. It has been released as a Japan only product on the PSP only coming on to the PS4 in March 2017. Many of the features of
Digimon World still remain here but with a wonderful modern twist and much needed quality of life features such as easy access to digivolution charts and even a building designed to help the player directly choose which Digimon to digiolve into.

Some of the old areas still exists but it is mostly new zones/areas. File City becomes Flotilla City and so on.

So what is my goal here?
I am going to try to get 100% and also be able to provide a good guide to use while you are playing. This means that I will be posting tips, guides and even show good areas to get BITS (The currency of this game) and other stuff. I will try to get the max prosperity and upgrade level but it will take a long time. Also I will try to get every Digimon in the game but some of them are locked and I will not be able to get till post game.

With that sorted let get into the game itself.

We are presented with the difficulty screen. The only difference between them is how high the digivolution stats is going to be. Easy is the Japanese Normal mode and Normal is the Japanese Hard mode and yes there is a Hard mode in this game as well. Battle difficultly is the same no matter what.

Here we can get to choose the gender and the name of the protagonist. The name is never spoken and only shown in text so the name is just a savegame tag. They don’t even say “Takuto” or “Shiki” in the game. Only “you” or “Tamer”.

Let’s get on with the show anyway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_a4-iYFHfQE

: Where am I?

He looks around only to notice something

: !

He sees WarGreymon and MetalGarurumon in the distance.

: There’s something here…

Now we gain control of Takuto. So let just walk right up to them and…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FoE0P7JmGXo

: ?!

It’s not looking good for us. Meet the final boss of Digimon World. Machinedramon!

???: Takuto! Are you okay?!

: Get back, Takuto! We can take it from here! You just need to give us commands as usual!

: ?!?!

: What is it, Takuto?! You’ve always given us commands in battle!

: ?!?!?!

: You seem really confused all of a sudden!

: It can’t be helped. We’ll back you up.

: You’ve gotta be kidding me. You’re not supposed to forget us—your partners!

The screen fades to black and we get dumped into a tutorial screen.

Digimon Battles:
Partner Digimon will choose enemies to attack in pursuit of victory. (Not really, it’s the other way round.)
However, Tamers can use Orders to direct their partners’ actions.

Open the Order Ring to give orders. With L1 or R1, you can open the ring corresponding to your partner.

The large number at the bottom of the center of the ring is the time until the ring closes. Time has stopped. Choose the orders in five seconds. It will close automatically at 0, but when five seconds have passed, you can open it again.

Try giving an order! Try ordering WarGreymon (Partner R) to use attack skill Mach Jab.

Welcome to the tutorial battle. Your enemy is the Machinedramon. You will notice the CAUTION sign. This tells you that least one of your partners is not able to defeat the enemy. Most of the time it is very accurate. If you regularly see this then you are too weak to be in the area and you should improve your partner stats.

Music:
21 Digital Grit! ne0 Version (Machinedramon Fights)

This is how the game looks in battles. I will explain everything on screen at a later date as the tutorial does a pretty good job in explaining what does what.

We completed the command and now he strikes with a Mach Jab! You can see that the Order Points went from 100 to 065. Every command have a point cost. So make sure you keep an eye on it. Your Partners are able to use attacks freely without costing you anything.

Success! Next try using Agitation with MetalGarurumon (Partner L)

It is always in the middle and always cost 50 order points. You can use it as much as you want but to be honest it’s not worth spamming it.

Here what Agitation looks like. It’s not pretty and it looks too much like Super Moves activations for my liking. MetalGarurumon’s Agitation will let him automatically recover HP for a period of time. There are various types of Agitation that can be used as the Digimon’s inherent abilities.

Save up Order Power!

For stronger orders, you need more Order Power. Order Power can be gained through Support. When a partner’s attack has hit and after taking damage, that’s your chance. You can gain a minimum of 5-6 points and a max of 30-32 points. A rule of thumb is this: Press support when you see the enemy taking damage.

You gain more points when you are closer to the sweet spot. Too many people online are just spamming the support button because they think it’s faster than waiting. Don’t do that. You are wasting time as you can only press the support button every 5 seconds anyway.

Back into the battle. They tend to be chaotic thanks to the dynamic camera. You can turn it off but you miss the cool close ups.

You’re getting the hang of it!

Spend your stored Order Power by using WarGreymon’s special move. Your Special Move is always in this spot. It always costs 150 OP to use. You can keep using it however.

You get treated to this every time you use a special move. Yes they do fly off like that as well. It’s so cool to see.

Despite the Terra Force, Machinedramon is still undefeated and our partners are getting tired.

: Ugh… So strong…

: No good?

: No… I have to keep going. I’ve finally met Takuto… And this is where I’m a goner?!

: I see… We may be defeated here… But we won’t let that happen… TO YOU!

: What is this… The light of a Bond?

: I can feel the power… The Bond is transforming into power!

: Let’s go! As long as Takuto’s with us…

: We can still fight!

Mega’s Order ExE:

Press L1 and R1 simultaneously to open the Order Ring for both partners. Normally this is only for Digifuse skills, but in certain circumstances, ExE will be available.

Success! With Exe, Two partner Digimon will become one, and will have more power than usual. This happens by merging the two partners stats together. The ExE digimon will always attack with the Super Move first. They also gain the best moves in the game based on what they can learn. However after a battle has ended, the Digimon will separate again.

: Urgh… Takuto…

: This isn’t the time to be sleeping! We must defend our partner!

: Argh!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzeKGof4Aso

: Takuto… Your’re all right…

: Yes, I’m okay.

: Don’t worry about us… We’re partners…

Fade to black.

Jijimon stands alone in front of his house.

: Hrm?!

We show up with both our partners and the former Machinedramon. We get a little shock from seeing Jijimon.

: Hmmm? A human? A Machinedramon disappears and a human appears… Fascinating… The Machinedramon should have been caught in the interdimensional trap, but…

Takuto starts explaining about what happened.

: Hmph. You defeated that Machinedramon… That must be what destabilized the other dimension. Hmph. These must be your partners. And two of them, no less. That’s an odd relationship. They did everything they could to defend you.

Takuto gets sad about this. Shaking his head.

: Heh-heh-heh! No need to look so depressed.

They turning into binary while they fade away.
: They were partner Digimon, so it is possible to revive them with a DigiEgg. I have preserved them in external storage.

Music:
32. Digi Egg Choice

Here we can choose which egg to hatch. There is one egg that we can get in the post game however but that is a long way off.

I chosen the Botamon egg for both partners for the purpose of this LP. We can name them whatever we want. We can always change the names later with no costs.
After they die we will be choosing the other eggs and more. So don't worry about choosing now.

: This is a tremendous success! Then their rebirths will be complete. Just remember: As their Tamer, you have a duty to care for them.

Takuto starts asking Jijimon questions.

: Hmm… You don’t seem to understand what’s what. I am just in the dark as you. I wonder what is going on… Why don’t we go to my house, and you can tell me your story? Looks like Tokomon is still unconscious. We can treat him there.

Music:
23 When the Sun Revives and Ascends (Jijimon Successful Recruitment)

: So you were sucked in by the Digivice, and unluckily fell into the dimension I created… And then your partners in the Digivice defeated Machinedramon for me.

Takuto nods in agreement.

: I see. Coincidence has been our friend today. I owe you my thanks, Takuto. Actually… This world is at a crisis point. As you can see, the city we are in, Floatia, is in disarray.

It’s because of the Machinedramon. It suddenly started attack us for no reason, and did a lot of damage to the city. The power of a Mega is overwhelming… It appeared from nowhere, caused massive damage, and then disappeared. We were at our wits’ end… I mobilized my knowledge and technology to build a trap, in order to capture the Machinedramon.

I thought that when it appeared, I could transport it to another dimension and imprison it. The plan worked. In fact, the plan went even better than expected. Thanks to you, we were able to defeat the Machinedramon. But that doesn’t mean the danger has entirely passed.

: ?

: The phenomenon of a Machinedramon getting violent and then disappearing has occurred several times, in many areas. It would be hard to believe that it is just one lone Mega Digimon doing all this damage.

Takuto is shocked to hear this.

: We were able to survive this time because of your valiant efforts. Unfortunately, we don’t know from where and how the Machinedramon are appearing. It seems hopeless, but if we just had a clue… maybe we could do something. If only we had a clue…

Takuto explains that Tokomon was a Machinedramon.

You should shake your screen for the next bit to get the full effect.

: What?! This Tokomon was the Machinedramon?! It can’t be…

You can stop shaking it now.

: No...but I am sensing a strange data wave coming from this Tokomon, albeit weakly… Hmm… What should we make of this? A Tokomon living in this city Digivolved into a Machinedramon? I’ve never heard of such a Digivolution...Wait. There’s something here in the cloud memory.

But why did this Tokomon Digivolve into Machinedramon? Or at least an altered form of Machinedramon? Hmmm… We won’t be able to figure it out with just this small amount of information from this Tokomon. But it looks like we finally have a chance to actually do something about this threat.

Jijimon stamps his staff.

: We need to act! I have something to ask of you Takuto. We want to return you back to the world you came from as soon as possible. But we can’t leave this city in the state it’s in. To get the city back to the way it was, will you help bring back the residents that fled from the Machinedramon attacks?

: Okay. I’ll help.

: I’m glad you said that! So go out with your partners and look for the residents who fled the city. I will look into this small amount of strange data we have collected from this Tokomon. Maybe I will be able to unravel the mystery of this altered from…

If we can detect abnormal information, we may be able to avoid further damage here. That’s why I first intend to make a detection device. If I have any news, I will send you a DigiMail. So please check you Digivice. So then, Takuto… I’m counting on you.

We leave the long story dump and Koromon comes up to talk to us.

: Good luck out there, Takuto! It’s not much, but all of us here got these items for you.

I got Portable Toilet x 2, Bandage x 3, Recovery Disc x 5, MP Disc x 5, Regen Disc x 3 and Digistalk x 10!

: You can use these items by opening Care Mode with Square. Be sure to check item effect descriptions before using them! We’ll gather more later, so come back tomorrow!

Now we start the game proper. However I think this update gone long enough. So in the next update we will start playing the game!

Choose our partner names!
Next update: More tutorials! More talking and many more!

Supeerme fucked around with this message at 12:56 on Apr 13, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Wait
Actual explanation
In a digimon world game

Fuuuuuuuck me

Name them both guilmon

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Apr 9, 2017

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015

Although next time, you would be wise to heed the ancient Japanese proverb... phone first!
Ooooh. Anime-only fan here, so for names...

How 'bout Taichi and Yamato?

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.
Oh wow, I never heard of this. It seems like a pretty faithful sequel to the original. It was janky as all hell, but I found it charming when I played it back in the day. So many oddball ideas for the gameplay.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

While I'm still holding out for a Cyber Sleuth LP, this meets my Digi-needs. Digi.

As for the partners, I'd go with Goku and Goku.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Machinedramon got a buff from the anime. :stare:

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Machinedramon got a buff from the anime. :stare:

More like it got royally shafted in Adventure, it was always supposed to be tough.

Rabidredneck
Oct 30, 2010

Not pleasant when angered.
I hate to tell you, but this part

Press L1 and R1 simultaneously to open the Order Ring for both partners. Normally this is only for Digifuse skills, but in certain circumstances, ExE will be available.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CaOrogolnhc

Video got pulled.

GODDAMMIT YOUTUBE! :argh:

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Rabidredneck posted:

I hate to tell you, but this part

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CaOrogolnhc

Video got pulled.

GODDAMMIT YOUTUBE! :argh:

Disallowed countries:
Australia
New Zealand
USA
Japan
Korea
Mexico

https://polsy.org.uk/stuff/ytrestrict.cgi?ytid=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DCaOrogolnhc

Supeerme
Sep 13, 2010
Just to let everyone know, we now have Two Black Agumons! They can digivole to Greymon (Blue), Growlmon, Saberdramon and Fugamon.
I don't like the fact that some of my videos are pulled for some people. IS there a different website that I can upload to?

The biggest reason why that Machindramon is so tough is because the stats of the two partners are extremely low. If we were to play the game with those kind of stats we will be losing to Champions. You should be looking at a MINIMUM of 20K HP/MP, 2500 Stats to be viable.The max stats you can get is 100K HP, 9999 Stats. You only need around 50K HP/MP and 7K stats to beat the entire game as only three digimon are stronger than that.

The next update will be here on Monday! My updating days will be Monday and Saturday, information and other guides will be posted on Wednesday.

Current Names: GuilmonX2, GokuX2, Tachi, Yamato. Forgot to mention that we can have more than 9 characters but they cannot be changed back once they are changed! This means we will lose the ability to rename them until they die.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.
Well... They're working fast

Oh I see I was beaten to it.

Supeerme
Sep 13, 2010

Eopia posted:

Well... They're working fast

Oh I see I was beaten to it.

I know, I only uploaded it yesterday! As I live in the UK I can still see it. Strange that they would do that but not on any other videos I uploaded.

Cyflan
Nov 4, 2009

Why yes, I DO have enough CON to whip my hair.

I love this game.
It's in my opinion the best Digimon World game.

I should get back to it and finish it, got quite far but then I got distracted by other stuff.

Danny Glands
Jan 26, 2013

Possible thermal failure (CPU on fire?)
Ah, the life of a Tamer... I'm eager to see how this works out, and especially how hands-on you'll be with battles.

Supeerme
Sep 13, 2010
I want to say sorry for the lack of updates! The file containing my update text got broken so I had to re type everything again.

Update 2: Tutorial world: Next Lesson!
Music:
Floatia Cty Day

Now that we can start playing the game, we should take a look at our newly hatched digimon!

Cure little things. Both will be growing big and strong!

Never mind they are terrible. This is the lowest stats you can get in this game. Then again they are 2 minutes old at this point. We will be increasing them. Unlike the first game that gave you a rookie based on a silly questionnaire (Do you like to play at day or night?) we can choose our rookies by training them or adjusting other features.

Here is our attack skill screen. As you can see we can only have 1 attack so far. We will need to get others by increasing our tamer level. The High Tension Ability is the agitation in the Order Ring. So Let see what att-

Huh. Nothing at all. Don’t worry, we will start learning the first level attacks skills soon. Each level is based on both attack and abilities. The higher, the stronger.

Here we can tell our digimon to either let loose with the their strongest moves without worrying about MP, restrain themselves to moves that doesn’t break the MP bank or just use the move with the smallest MP costs at all times. We can change them during the battles so keep an eye on your MP.

Here we can see the history of our digimon. It is a fancy way of saying, this is what your digimon can digivolve to. It will tell you what generation it is and how long it has been in that form.
A Baby Digimon will digivolve into a Training Digimon in 6 hours.
A Training Digimon will digivolve into a Rookie Digimon in 9 hours.
A Rookie Digimon will digivolve into a Champion Digimon in 3 days.
A Champion Digimon will digivolve into an Ultimate Digimon in 5 Days.
If your digimon has not Digivolved by the time it hit 15 Days then it will either die if it is not an Ultimate or become a Mega. An Ultimate can die if it failed to reach the stats needed to digivolve to a Mega. A Rookie Digimon will always digivolve into a Champion.

This is how you will be able to see the stats needed to digivolve to the next tier. Training don’t have any stats requirements.

Here we can see our Tamer, Takuto! Even though we only played the tutorial we have spent 20 and a half minutes. There is more tutorials to come. You can skip them if you want but for the purpose of this LP we are going to suffer with them. I just give the gist of them.

: Thank you for saving us, Takuto! Oh, and… I’ll show you around Floatia and teach you all sorts of things! Interested?

: Yes, please do!

: Eh heh heh, all right, I’ll show you around!

We head to the Town Square.

: The Meat Fields are next to Jijimon’s house here! Tanemon is in charge of the Meat Fields! I’ll let him tell you all about it!

: You’re that human Tamer, ain’tcha. Nice to meet ya, the name’s Tanemon! From now on, I’ll give you tasty meat from this here field. Huh? “How do you get meat from a field,” you ask? Why, what’s so weird about that? Never really thought about it, to be honest. Now then, here!

I got Meat X10!

: You’ll get your next share tomorrow. If it’s not enough, go get some mushrooms or something outside.

: When your partners are hungry, give them some meat you’ve picked up!

We turn our gaze to the toilet. That is next to the Meat Field. Hmm. They are surprisingly efficient.

: If they eat, well… you-know-what comes out! That’s why we have a bathroom here. If your partner digimon asks for a bathroom break, you’d better hurry on over here!

Now our gaze is to this hut.

: Next to that is the Training Hall. The Training Hall’s a very important facility. They’ll explain everything when you go inside.

We go in automaticity. It looks like a small gym. It even got the large boxing glove from Digimon World!

: The Training Hall is a place to train your partner Digimon! For now, I’ll give you a real rough run-down!

: Touch this white apparatus here to do some training. The Training Input Panel will pop up! Set and confirm whatever gear you want for your partners! One time takes a single hour, and makes a Digimon tired.

Keep an eye on the Fatigue gauge! If they get too fatigued, they could get sick, or their Life could diminish.

: If that happens, let them rest on this bed. (They mean getting fatigued.) Talk to Gigimon when its time to rest. When the sleep sign appears, let them sleep in Care Mode.

The Training Panel setup is a little hard to understand but go ahead and give it a shot!

: If there’s anything you don’t get after that, ask Tsunomon and Motimon about it!

Now we get control back. I did talk to everyone but I think Tokomon missed something very important out. So let ask him first.

: Oh yeah, there’s a bathroom in the Training Hall, so use it when you’re in here.

This is one of the modern features I was talking about. You don’t even need to leave this room to do anything if you have enough food.

Let’s use this machine.

To trigger another tutorial. Enough with the tutorials!

Let’s Train! You can change your partner positions with the Left Stick and the Right Stick. The stats improved by Gear are shown by the name. Stats on both sides around the circle of the set Gear will increase a little. For example, if STR is set, then STA and SPD will also increase a little. (Yet another feature that was modernised. In Digimon World only one stat could be increased.)

Bonuses are shown on both sides of the screen. If you have a bonus, the stats will increase more. Press L1 or R1 to view current stats. Confirm with X. After confirmation, training will begin.

Now we are able to play the game! We will focus on HP first.

Stats goes like this:
HP: Health Points. No HP,, no more battling for that digimon.
MP: Magic Points. No MP, no attacks are possible.
STR: Strength. Increases how hard a move will hit. Is countered by STA. If you hit a digimon with a higher STA than your STR then the Damage is reduced.
STA: Stamina. Lowers how much Damage is absorbed. Minimum Damage you can get hurt is 10.
WIS: Wisdom. Lowers how much MP is used while attacking. More Wisdom = Less MP used in attacks.
SPD: Speed. Increases movement speed and attacking speed. A fast digimon can dodge moves and even can counter them if they are fast enough.
Weight: Can only be affected by Food. Used for digivolve requirements.
Sweating Man: Fatigue. Higher is bad.

Here is the Bonus Screen. Gone are the days of slot machines, now you have a scroll bar. The more bonuses you have the easier it is to get a bonus. A Bonus gives you X1.25 stat increase! A tamer skill will increase that bonus to X1.5! It will also reduces that amount of Fatigue you get as well. Don’t worry about what bonuses there is. They are all the same, they only fill a square. A good trick to to hit X a square before the bonus. It goes fast enough that you will always land on it.

As I been playing for some time on it we got it easily. Your digimon will celebrate when you do so.

Both of them now get a good boost in HP and MP and tiny STA boost.

After two hours our Botamons are hungry. Let’s feed them!

This is the Care Mode. You only start with two options but when you get a tent you can camp. Items lets us use any items we can give them to our partners. While Sleep makes them go to sleep. Only if they get tired. If one of your partner gets sleepy the other will as well. You will always wake up at 7AM so if your digimon is close to death or digivolving you may find a surprise. You can even pass from Baby to Rookie in this way.

Let’s give them some MEAT!

Now you will get some bonuses depending on what they were. Meat is very filling and increases weight and bond and mood. Some types of food become a partner favourite food. When you feed them it the mood and bond bonus increases. You can’t over feed them like in Digimon World, if they are not hungry then you can’t feed them.

Now you can see them getting fatigued. We will rest as Tokomon will try to stop us from leaving until we have rookies.

When you rest your partner’s fatigue will recovered a bit. Some HP and MP will also be restored. It takes an hour however so don’t spend too long resting.

After resting our Botamons digivolve into Koromon!

Look at these little bitey pink things!

Digivolving increases stats slightly but with the right tamer skills you can get pretty good boosts from it.

Now we can see what Rookies we can get. The main reason why we can see all of the digivolve requirements is because of one reason. When you digivolve a digimon to the same one you had previously you gain all of that digimon and the next tier digivolve requirements right away.

As we got two Koromons, we gained all the Rookies digivolve requirements right away. When we digiolve to Rookie however we have to earn our digivolve requirements the proper way.

The “canon” digimon tend to have the highest requirements of them all. A few other Rookies have even higher stats but they tend to be locked like Shoutmon at the bottom.

Agumon (Black) already has two of the requirements highlighted. This means that we have met them.

The Key Points (Key Pts) is three. This means we must either match or go above the Key Points to get that digimon. Rookies tend to have 3, Champions have 4, Ultimate get 5 and Mega get 6.

As we are close to getting STA met we might as well get Agumon (Black).

Looks like it’s time for a potty break! This is what you see when you go for a potty break.

After hitting 130 on STA I went to increase the other stats to 100.
Music:
Floatia City Night

Look at these knock off Agumons! How cute!

We also get our first move! Dark Spirt that shoots three balls of darkness at enemies. It can be really strong as the damage is calculated for each ball.

Here is our Digivolve requirements chart right now. Red means we simply don’t know requirements is needed. Every time we get a mood boost or bond boost we will get one digivolve requirement.

Now that we have two Rookies we will now leave the training hall.

: Oh wow, you Digivolved through training! Now you won’t have any problems outside the city. All right, here the last thing to explain.
We leave to look at the plots of empty but corded ground on the west side of the city.

: There ain’t anything around here yet, but if you get a bunch more Digimon to come here… call ‘em, or bring ‘em… They could build facilities and get to work… It all depends on the effort you put in, Takuto!

We now look at the path at the bottom of the area.

: This exit takes you out of the city. Outside there are Digimon that will attack you… If you play it right, you could avoid battles entirely. If things get dicey, head back to the city! One more thing. You can open the Digivice menu by pressing Triangle. You can check Tamer and partner info, as well as DigiMails sent to you there. You can save, too! Finally...if you have any trouble, the Digimon in the city know all sorts of things, so ask them! That’s the end of my explanation! Thanks for listening.

After that our Digimon does this. This has a one in three chance of happening every time you train. After you train you should leave the Training Hall to get this. It will not happen in the Training Hall.

Praise them for their good and hard work! Doing so will increase their discipline, bond, mood and DigiFriend.
DigiFriend is the same as Bond but between the two partners. The higher it is the more likely they will Ally Guard, activate their agitation abilities when one of them falls down and even gets you the chance to ExE when you lose! You also get the Digivolve requirements as well while you do this. So that is why you should leave to see if you got this after training.

At this point I changed the names of our Agumon (Black) to Steve and King. (don't worry the names will be changed soon!)

Now we can go and talk to everyone else in the city but that will be it’s own thing. With that in mind we leave the city to find some digimon to recruit!

Nigh Plains is a new area. As it is night we don’t get any music. Only crickets and other wildlife. You can only hear music during the day. To make sure you are listening to something I will be posting Digimon World music during the night. As we are only spending a small amount of time here so no music right now.

We walk a little forward and we see Patamon. A tutorial pops up to warn us about how digimon will attack us and we can approach some digimon with a ! above their heads. They tend to be available for recruiting but they may give as a fight or a fetch quest. You will always given a chance to back out beforehand.

We walk a little closer to Patamon.

: Hey! Who are you?!
: Are you one of those humans?! Oh, I see! You were controlling Machinedramon!
: ?!?! (This would be a great time to explain, Takuto.)
: How dare you mess with Floatia! I’ll take you down!
: !!!

And the battle begins!

And ends! One Hit KO! We also get some Tamer EXP, BIT and we also get stats for it. Fighting is one of the best way to get your stats up as almost all your stats increase afterwards. You may get items as well. Your partners does get a bit of fatigue as well so you can’t grind all the time.

After catching his breath Patamon talks to us again.

: Ow-ow-ow...huh? It...it doesn’t really hurt?!

You can be kind or demanding we are a nice guy however.

: I held back, but...are you okay?

: Yeah, this is nothing! ...Hey, wait a sec. You telling me… you’re not a bad guy?!

Takuto explained the situation.

: Is that right? My bad… I got a bit ahead of myself. I’ve never seen a human before, y’see. Right, then. I’m going back to Floatia. Gimme a holler if you see me out there!

Patamon joined the city! Prosperity: 001/200

And a wild tutorial appears! This time about City Prosperity and DigiMail. It explains that the subfolder of the DigiMail is your side quests and the Main Folder is your story/primary quests. EX Scenarios are DLC quests. Daily Quests are Online quests given after interacting with a Dimension Box. That will be explained sometime later.

Jijimon emails us to tell us that we should ask Botamon to see what digimon can be recruited. Botamon gives you three digimon that you can recruit. You don’t have to talk to him however.

We find a Quick Fruit nearby, We can pick up items by walking up to them and pressing X.

Walking down the left path we find ourselves in an another tutorial! This is getting silly now.

It tells us to be on the lookout for items on the ground. It also tells us about Materials. It also explains about world connections and how each region (Nigh Plains) is split into areas. It then goes on about battles and what you can do in them. It does heal your HP and MP so you don’t need to panic about it.

We killed the Goblimon very quickly. We gain the same stuff as last time. The tutorial also tells us that Order Points do not carry over in battle. Once the battle is over you go back to the starting point. Higher your bond with your partners, the more OP you get at the start. When you fight a lot you also get more OP at the start.

We harvested the items and materials. There is an item and Liquid material spot near the waterfall behind the giant thing. I will explain in a later post what they do and what you get get.

Now we see a Lv. 2 Numemon. Notice how the bar underneath it is red? That means it is too strong for you to fight. We can’t win against this thing. If it was White then we can beat as it is equal to us. If it was Grey then they will try to run away as we are too strong for them.
Only Grey bar digimon will avoid us. White may chase if we got too close but Red will always chase on sight.

Lets go back to the city shall we?
Music:
Jijimon Successful Recruitment

Every time we go back to the city after recruiting a digimon we will be dragged in front of Jijimon so he can tell where they went in an annoyingly vague manner sometimes. He also says “Made my day!” at the start of each announcement as well.

: You’re back, Takuto! I have good news! Patamon has come back to Floatia! He has set up a warehouse! The city’s Prosperity is now 1. There’s still a long way to go…

We also get to dump our Materials in a storage in town. Doing so will give us some Tamer EXP so the more you collect the better. SO what does Botamon have for us?

: There’s a bug type Digimon in Nigh Plains who talks kind of funny…
There’s a plant type Digimon in Nigh Plains who wants some kind of material.
A bug-type Digimon has been spotted in the forest in Nigh Plains.

That’s… Helpful? This is why you should talk to Botamon so you know where you need to be but other than that he not that useful.

We head back to the Training Hall to boost our stats again. When you are starting out, just training will do more than fighting.

They get sleepy.

After a good sleep they wake up hungry. Time for breakfast! We also collect our daily meat crop and leave the city to train and recruit more digimon.

After collecting our meat share, we head out to Nigh Plains.
Music:
Nigh Plains Theme

One thing to know about Minerals is that they respawn once a day. This means that if you go to a cirten place often then you can get a lot of Minerals. You should be getting as much items and minerals as you can carry as it gives you exp and other stuff. You see why later in this update.

After a few battles we find a Tentomon.

: ...Huh? I haven’t seen you around therse parts… Hey wait a minute! Are you one of them...humans?! Boy howdy! It must’ve been fate that brought us together! I’ve got something to tell you, in fact…

: So whaddaya think? Have I piqued your interest? Or you want I should pick your nose instead?

We will be literal and ask him to pick our nose.

: One boogerectomy coming right up! … Okay, that wasn’t as funny as I thought it’d be. So let me try again. Have I piqued your interest? Or...well…

Let get mean and say that we don’t care.

: Would it kill ya to hear me out?! Well, I’ll be here if you ever change your mind. See you then!

Okay, let’s do it for real. We say that we are interested.

: Alll riiight, I could tell you were a sharp one! Now then, check out this bad boy.

: Ta-daaaah! A Recovery Disc! Just what every Tamer needs! I can let it go now for a paltry sum of 100 BIT!

Hmmm, we can get it for cheaper. We start staring.

: Alright, buddy, you drive a hard bargain...Fine! Have it your way! How much would you pay for this bad boy?

: Make it 30 BIT!

: Don’t ask the impossible! Prices like that’ll run me outta business! Right, how about this? Let’s call it...70 BIT! That’s my best offer!

: How about 60 BIT?

: Man, what a skinflint! Nnngh, all right, all right, sold for 60 BIT!

I got a Recovery Disc!

: I can see I’ve got a lot to learn… You win this round! Ah well, come on back and see me sometime!

You can get it for 50 BIT but we need him to join the city. So let buy it for the full price.

: Really? No foolin’?! Well then, pleasure doing business with you, pardner!

I got a Recovery Disc!

: Thanks to you, I can finally open my item shop! I’ll have more deals down the line, so gimme a holler in town! Peace out hombre!

Tentomon joined the city! Prosperity 002/200

Well that was fun channelling our Pawn Stars persona. Now we explore a little more, and then we find Biyomon.

Biyomon starts jumping up and down while flapping her wings.

: Here I go! HNNNGH! HUP! ...Dang. I can’t do it. I want to fly all through the sky! The thing is, though, I’m not very good at it… Won’t someone teach me how to fly?

: Keep trying, you’ll get it!

: I will, thanks! If you meet any Digimon that could give some pointers, please let me know!

We can’t recruit her till later. Ah well.

While we walk about to the city, we find Palmon.

: You guys have come at a good time! I need your help with something. I’m looking for fertilizer to help me make some tasty meat, but I’m having a little trouble. That’s where you come in.

We accept.

: Awesome, thanks! You’re the best. Bring me a Cheerful Apple, a Digistalk and a Salty Fruit when you find them! Got it?

: You bet!

: Hee hee, I’ll be waiting!

Good thing I was collecting everything in the area. You should be doing that as well. I talk to him again.

: Welcome back! Did you find the items I need as fertilizer?

: I got everything! Here you are.

: Oh sweet! You brought all three of ‘em! Thanks a bunch! Just what I needed for my fertilizer. Alright, time to make a delicious fruit!

Palmon joined the city! Prosperity 003/200

Well that’s everyone we can recruit atm. We try fighting the Goblimon. We get a Mach Jab out of it! That is a level 1 Hand to Hand move.

Let go back home.
Music:
Jijimon Successful Recruitment

: You’re back, Takuto! I have good news! Tentomon has come back to Floatia! He’s opening up an item shop!

: Palmon has come back to Floatia! He’ll improve your fields! The city’s Prosperity is now 3. There’s still a long way to go...

And that’s that for this update. Next update we will start exploring a little further and try to get more digimon in the city!

Supeerme
Sep 13, 2010
Updated the OP to make it readable and also added a bunch of gifs so you can watch the cool moments without having to load a video every time. Also added the music links so you can just click on it rather than load it.

Next update on Saturday! I will be using Goku for the names!

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

Supeerme posted:

I will be using Goku for the names!

Dis gon be gud. :allears:

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

From the tutorials alone, this game seems far nicer to the player than both of its predecessors. Digimon World was a mess and Re: Digitize was awful, but this game looks genuinely competently-made. I'm surprised.

A Cup of Ramen
Oct 16, 2012

Going for 100% in a Digimon World game sounds like a hell of a ordeal so godspeed man.

Supeerme
Sep 13, 2010
Hence why I said try. On my other save I got around 104/200 Prosperity just in chapter 2. If OFS can do a 100% run of Digimon World by getting all the digimon then surely I can?

Then I found out there is 231 digimons that you can get.

The tutorials are quite good but I think they stuff too many in the first hour. It's hard to do a LP when you have to transcribe all the tutorials.

Supeerme
Sep 13, 2010
Hello everyone! Here I will explain what Materials are and what they are used for. In every explanation there will be Location Spoilers. I won’t show any pictures of the Locations unless it’s required.

There is four material categorises.

Wood: Green
Stone: Red
Metal: Yellow
Liquid: Blue

You collect up to 5 times per material spot. The amount of materials that you get from each spot vary depending on your Partners Tiers. Rookies can’t collect a lot but Mega’s can get over 7 materials per go. Stamina also increases the amount you can carry in one go. Sometimes you get a material that is yellow, this is a rare material. Your digimon will celebrate when they get one. There is a Tamer Skill Tree dedicated to collecting materials.

You use materials to upgrade buildings when you hit chapter 2. If you harvest a lot of materials then you can start upgrading very quickly. However upgrading can take around 1 day or longer and you can only do one at a time.

Sometimes you get an Old Card. What is an Old Card? It is a collectable that has no real value, You can look at them once you recruit a digimon.

So what can you get in the Material spots? You will first see the description of the materials and then you will see a list of every spot that you can collect them. The items you get all depend on which Tamer Skills you have. You can get any of these in other areas but these are the best places to get them.

Wood:

DigiWhitewood: Bark from a white tree.

Nigh Plains (Common): Forest Path, Cave Entrance, Power Plant #2, Ruins Lake.

Ohguino Wastelands (Common): Guts Waste.

Logic Volcano (Common): Fire Wall, Garage Pile, Hidden Red House.

Server Desert (Common): Server Cemetery.

DigiBlackwood: Bark from a black tree.

Bony Resort (Common): Bony Drive, Celeb Rooms, Graveyard, Night Church.

MOD Cape (Common): Inlet Cape, MOD Ship 2.0, MOD Ship 2.0 Cabin.

Faulty Ex Machina (Common): North Coast.

Absolute Zero (Common): Freeze Way.

DigiPalm: A soft wood from a tropical climate. It is attractive.

MOD Cape (Common): MOD Ship 1.0.

Server Desert (Common): Server Cemetery, Dead End Town.

DigiSnowwood: A thin wood from a cold climate.

MOD Cape (Common): MOD Ship 2.0, MOD Ship 2.0 Cabin.

Absolute Zero (Common): Freeze Way.

DigiGreatwood: A Thick, hard wood from a dry climate.

Ohguino Wastelands (Common): Guts Wastes.

Nigh Plains (Common): Power Plant #2, Ruins Lake.

Bony Resort (Common): Bony Drive, Pink Stone House, Pink Stone House Interior.

DigiBamboo: A green plant with a central hole and a wide variety of applications.

Logic Volcano (Rare): Fire Wall, Hidden Red House.

Nigh Plains (Common): Power Plant #2.

MOD Cape (Rare): MOD Ship 1.0, MOD Ship 2.0 Cabin.

DigiFirewood: Wood with a gorgeous red pattern and a tendency to self-combust.

Logic Volcano (Rare): Fire Wall, Hidden Red House.

Server Desert (Rare): Server Cemetery, Dead End Town.

DigiFelwood: Wood as hard as metal with a scary colour and sharp thorns.

Bony Resort (Rare): Bony Drive, Celeb Rooms, Pink Stone House, Graveyard.

Server Desert (Rare): Dead End Town.

DigiStarwood: A pretty wood with dazzling spots and rings in the shape of a star.

Ohguino Wastelands (Rare): Guts Waste.

Fault Ex Machina (Rare): North Coast.

DigiGodwood: Revered as sacred because of its white bark and feather-like leaves.

Bony Resort (Rare): Graveyard.

Logic Volcano (Rare): Hidden Red House.

Stone:

DigiSand: Finely broken stone. Mixed with liquid it is harder.

Nigh Plains (Common): Vast Plateau, Power Plant #2, Ruins Lake.

Server Desert (Common): Hallowed Hall, Tower Road, Bus Terminal, Server Town, Server Cemetery, Dead End Town, Stepstep.

Bony Resort (Common): Bony Drive, Graveyard, Corpseway.

Faulty Ex Machina (Common): Boulder Island.

DigiStone: A hard stone of fairly large size.

Nigh Plains (Common): Power Point #1, Old Cableway, Vast Plateau, Forest Path, Power Plant #2, Ruins Lake.

Server Desert (Common): Tower Road, Bus Terminal, Steptep.

Logic Volcano (Common): Fire Wall, Dragon’s Trident, Gateway, Taomon’s Meditation Place, Garbage Pile, Hidden Red House.

Ohguino Wastelands (Common): Palace of Thorns, Guts Wastes, Secret Graveyard.

Faulty Ex Machina (Common): Boulder Island, North Coast.

DigiRock: Crushed rock that is easy to carry. Can be used as an ornament.

Ohguino Wastelands (Common): Palace of Thorns, Guts Waste.

Nigh Plains (Common): Power Point #1, Old Cableway, Ruins Lake.

Logic Volcano (Common): Garbage Pile, Hidden Red House, Gateway, Fire Wall.

Faulty Ex Machina (Common): Boulder Island, North Coast.

DigiLight: An easily processed white stone that emits a dull light.

Ohguino Wastelands (Common): Rose Palace, Palace of Thorns, Guts Wastes.

Server Desert (Common): Hallowed Hall, Bus Terminal, Dead End Town.

MOD Cape (Common): MOD Ship 1.0.

Logic Volcano (Common): Garbage Pile, Hidden Red House, Dragon’s Trident.

DigiNight: A hard blue stone that is sharp like a blade.

Ohguino Wastelands (Common): Rose Palace.

Bony Resort (Common): Bony Drive, Celeb Rooms, Graveyard.

MOD Cape (Common): MOD Ship.1.0.

DigiQuartz: A transparent hexagonal stone with useful piezoelectric properties.

Ohguino Wastelands (Rare): Rose Palace, Secret Graveyard.

Absolute Zero (Rare): Frost Cathedral.

Nigh Plains (Rare): Power Point #1, Forest Path, Power Plant #2.

Server Desert (Common): Server Tower.

Faulty Ex Machina (Rare): Boulder Island.

DigiOnyx: A flawless jet-black gem. It has the power to ward off evil.

Server Desert (Rare): Hallowed Hall, Dead End Town.

Bony Resort (Rare): Bony Drive, Celebs Rooms, Graveyard.

Logic Volcano (Rare): Gateway, Taomon’s Meditation Place.

Faulty Ex Machina (Rare): North Coast.

DigiEmerald: A rare and beautiful gem with green veins. It is said to be lucky.

Faulty Ex Machina (Rare):Boulder Island

Absolute Zero (Ultra Rare):Frost Cathedral

DigiRuby: A fiery red gem. It is very rare and useful as a laser element.

Absolute Zero (Ultra Rare):Frost Cathedral

Logic Volcano (Rare): Dragon’s Trident

DigiDiamond: The most beautiful and hardest gem. Said to have fallen from heaven. Very rare.

Absolute Zero (Ultra Rare):Frost Cathedral.

Bony Resort (Common): Graveyard.

Metal:

DigiCopper: Metal similar to brass in the Digital World.

Nigh Plains (Common): Vast Plateau, Power Plant #2, Cave Entrance, Ruins Lake

Ohguino Wastelands (Common): Dori Tunnel 2, Dori Tunnel 1.

Logic Volcano (Common): Fire Circuit, Dragon’s Trident.

MOD Cape (Common): Inlet Cape, MOD Ship 1.0, MOD Ship 2.0.

DigiIron: Pure iron in the Digital World.

Server Desert (Common): Hallowed Hall, Tower Road, Server Tower, Server Cemetery, Stepstep, Dead End Town.

Ohguino Wastelands (Common): Dori Tunnel 2, Dori Tunnel 1

Logic Volcano (Common): Hidden Red House, Fire Circuit.

MOD Cape (Common): Inlet Cape, MOD Ship 2.0.

DigiSilver: Pure silver in the Digital World.

Ohguino Wasteland (Common): Palace of Thorns, Dori Tunnel 2, Dori Tunnel 1.

Bony Resort (Common): Bony Drive, Pink Stone House Interior, Corpseway.

Nigh Plains (Common): Ruins Lake, Vast Plateau.

Logic Volcano (Common): Dragon’s Trident, Flame Lands, Hidden Red House.

Fault Ex Machina (Common): North Coast.

Absolute Zero (Common): Frost Cathedral.

MOD Cape (Common): Inlet Cape, MOD Ship 1.0, MOD Ship 2.0, MOD Ship 2.0 Cabin.

DigiGold: Pure gold in the Digital World.

Ohguino Wasteland (Common): Palace of Thorns, Dori Tunnel 2, Dori Tunnel 1.

Server Desert (Common): Hallowed Hall, Server Tower, Dead End Town.

Bony Resort (Common): Bony Drive, Pink Stone House Interior, Corpseway.

Logic Volcano (Common):Flame Lands, Fire Circuit.

DigiWhitegold: Platinum in the Digital World.

Ohguino Wastelands (Common): Palace of Thorns, Dori Tunnel 2, Dori Tunnel 1

Server Desert (Common): Hallowed Hall.

Nigh Plains (Common): Power Plant #2.

Bony Resort (Common): Bony Drive.

Mithril: A metal with magic properties that shines pale purple.

Server Desert (Rare): Tower Road

Faulty Ex Machina (Rare): North Coast.

Absolute Zero (Rare): Frost Cathedral.

Bony Resort (Common): Bony Drive.

Chrome Digizoit: A very hard metal that only exists in the Digital World.

Ohguino Wastelands (Rare): Dori Tunnel 2.

Logic Volcano (Rare): Hidden Red House.

Black Digizoit: Chrome Digizoit that has mutated because of special information waves.

Bony Resort (Rare): Bony Drive, Pink Stone House Interior.

Red Digizoit: A red metal with high purity among Chrome Digizoits.

Logic Volcano (Very Rare): Hidden Red House.

Blue Digizoit: A black metal with low purity among Chrome Digizoits.

Absolute Zero (Very Rare): Frost Cathedral.

MOD Cape (Common): MOD Ship 2.0 Cabin.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I like the use of Mithril and the different Digizoid colours, since those are things that actually exist in the broad Digimon universe. Weird that they use Black, Red and Blue but ignore the very common Gold Digizoid though.

Also I see one of the materials is DigiQuartz and uhh...you sure you want to collect that? Last time that appeared, we had a really lovely series.

Supeerme
Sep 13, 2010

Blaze Dragon posted:

I like the use of Mithril and the different Digizoid colours, since those are things that actually exist in the broad Digimon universe. Weird that they use Black, Red and Blue but ignore the very common Gold Digizoid though.

Also I see one of the materials is DigiQuartz and uhh...you sure you want to collect that? Last time that appeared, we had a really lovely series.

Thankfully the materials won't mess you up. You may have noticed that Liquids isn't included in the guide. That is because I haven't typed it out yet. I will be adding it once it was done.

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
Just a little Nitpick kinda thing, but could you keep a list of links in the OP to updates? That way if the thread gets a lot further, people don't have to go through page after page of manual finding of updates.

Supeerme
Sep 13, 2010

Kemix posted:

Just a little Nitpick kinda thing, but could you keep a list of links in the OP to updates? That way if the thread gets a lot further, people don't have to go through page after page of manual finding of updates.

Sure. I was going to do that when this LP gets to page 2. I should say that the lack of updates is due to a PC upgrade gone wrong. I still have everything on hand so this lp is still on going.

In other news, while I was waiting for my new PC parts I have been playing on my main file and now I am at the final boss. I am surprised by how short this story really is, only 4 chapters in it. Most of the time you spend is looking after your partners it seems. I also found out how useful the in battle Stat boosting items are as well.

Also for anyone playing this today the Rotten Melon is now on the online store, go get it! It boosts the Life of your partners!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Uhh...how does a rotten melon increase the life of someone? Should I even ask?

• Locked thread