Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:

Louis returns to SNL! This will be his fourth time hosting, having last hosted the S40 finale. I really dug the promo he did this week, which was a not-so-subtle jab at the spot Dave Chappelle did back in November

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55VpM0qmBVY

The Chainsmokers, the name seems like they may be cool! But upon listening to them, I am... underwhelmed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRNkQH4DVg8

Oh well. They aren't offensively terrible. That'll be a good time for a piss break. But don't be gone too long, because...

:siren: FORMAT CHANGE :siren:

Ok, this is a relatively minor one, but it bears mentioning. In the fourth commercial break of the show, which is usually the one between the band's first song and Weekend Update, there will be no local time. So far this season, the fourth break has been 45 seconds of network promos, a seven-second tease for WU, then a 1:05 local station break. Tonight (and possibly ongoing into the future) will be a 1:00 national ad, seven-second tease, 30-second network promo, then WU. The minute of local time is being evenly dispersed to the third and fifth breaks.

Long story short, there will be 15 fewer seconds between the band's first number and the start of Weekend Update.

Next week will be Jimmy Fallon's third time hosting, which I had to double-check because it feels like more, and Harry Styles' first solo appearance. Next week will ALSO mark the start of four episodes (Fallon and the three shows in May) that will be aired LIVE COAST-TO-COAST. For the first time in the show's history, people in the Pacific and Mountain time zones will see SNL at the same real time that those in the Eastern and Central times always have. They've picked the safest possible host to kick this off with Fallon. I'm not entirely sure what the motivation for the stunt is. I know the given reason is that SNL's experiencing their best ratings in 25 years, but the gently caress does that have to do with people in California seeing it at 8:30, or folks in Colorado seeing it at 9:30? Whatever the reason, it'll be nice for those out west to see it in real time for a change.

This week's Vintage is Derek Jeter with Bubba Sparxxx and Shakira from December 1, 2001. You can expect a visit to Derek Jeter's Taco Hole, but whether or not they'll actually run both Shakira's and Bubba Sparxxx's songs remains to be seen. This was one of the rare modern episodes with two distinct musical guests (as opposed to two guest playing together, they each did their own song, separately.) Due to the upcoming NHL Finals, this might be the year's final Vintage broadcast, barring a contingency ep joined in-progress (would likely be the Wayne Gretzky episode, if the past two years hold true this year.)

April 22 and 29 are repeats. SNL returns live on May 6.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:

pwn posted:

I'm not entirely sure what the motivation for the stunt is. I know the given reason is that SNL's experiencing their best ratings in 25 years, but the gently caress does that have to do with people in California seeing it at 8:30, or folks in Colorado seeing it at 9:30? Whatever the reason, it'll be nice for those out west to see it in real time for a change.

Due to the upcoming NHL Finals, this might be the year's final Vintage broadcast, barring a contingency ep joined in-progress
And I put two and two together, and I think I answered my own question: The NHL Playoffs, which begin next week, will be aired live in the West and Mountain time zones, as sports always are. So putting SNL on right after (well, 30 minutes after, due to Eastern and Central stations' 11/10PM newscasts) makes sense: usually local stations fill what's left of their prime time hours on sports nights with their own crap, syndicated shows and the like. I imagine that doesn't help the numbers for SNL's ratings in those markets. Apparently NBC is banking on NHL viewers to stick around for the comedy.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Is this where I post about Louis CK?

Moosey CK?

Push El Burrito fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Apr 9, 2017

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
That was an AMAZING monologue.

CannedMacabre
Jul 6, 2007

In space, no one
can hear you fart.

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

That was an AMAZING monologue.

Gold standard, possible G.O.A.T.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
hopefully they just turned the writers room over to louis for the week

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

The Muppets On PCP posted:

hopefully they just turned the writers room over to louis for the week

Looks like it so far.

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
For some reason I see lawyers furiously taking notes.

CannedMacabre
Jul 6, 2007

In space, no one
can hear you fart.
*boop!*

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
That was a hell of an ad.

Scott is me.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Youth Decay posted:

Looks like it so far.

that was delightfully stupid

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

YOU READ THINGS ON THE INTERNET

THEN YOU POST THINGS ON THE INTERNET

Quebec Bagnet
Apr 28, 2009

mess with the honk
you get the bonk
Lipstick Apathy
Thank you, Scott.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
oh noooooooooooooooo

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I didn't ask you, stupid.

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

yep this is very much a Louis CK skit

and it is amazing

ZDar Fan
Oct 15, 2012

I killed two people!

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
That was a hell of an ending.

Yes! Pepsi!

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

that was delightfully stupid

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Hell yeah, that's perfect

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
what's with all these acts now that are real low energy, minimalist, and mopey

CannedMacabre
Jul 6, 2007

In space, no one
can hear you fart.
Two questions:

Is that his mom singing backup?
And
Who are they "going down together" on?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Was it national or local feed that switched over mid joke?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Hahaha the Three Stooges bit was great

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Repeating whatever comedy-free talking points Colbert and Meyers have been repeating all week sure is some funny poo poo.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Jared Kushner looks like Nathan Fielder went to Iraq.

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

General Dog posted:

Repeating whatever comedy-free talking points Colbert and Meyers have been repeating all week sure is some funny poo poo.

Difference is that we know Trump actually watches this poo poo so it'll get him mad and maybe a tiny percentage of it will get through to his thick skull

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

Cecilia is lowkey the best McKinnon character

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
"They make the neck out of a little vagina."

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
The second worst thing that someone has done for money this week.

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

Baldwin as O'Reilly, this gonna be good

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

This is a good impression from Baldwin.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I would buy dog cocaine.

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
shoulda just made this sketch the remaining sponsors

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

shoulda just made this sketch the remaining sponsors

They did show all his remaining sponsors.

Edit: poo poo I should have done this on my birthday.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down
Jesus Christ

Mr. Funny Pants
Apr 9, 2001

"There's no protocol for whatever this is."

Revol
Aug 1, 2003

EHCIARF EMERC...
EHCIARF EMERC...
It is disturbing how good of an impression he's pulling off. He's got all his mannerisms down. Really nailed the smarminess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZDar Fan
Oct 15, 2012

There's no protocol for whatever this is.

• Locked thread