Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«75 »
Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

as a splash star apologist even i can't believe that you would say it hit its stride there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Aurora posted:

as a splash star apologist even i can't believe that you would say it hit its stride there

Whatís to apologize for? Itís a criminally underrated season.

To itís credit Splash Star did invent a lot of tropes that are now pretty commonplace in the franchise (such as form changes and villains that eventually become Cures or Cure like allies). Though where would you say it started to hit its stride then? Fresh?

Larryb fucked around with this message at 21:28 on May 20, 2020

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Splash Star is a very underrated season and thankfully it's been freed from merchandise Jail it was in cause for the longest time it was the worst selling toy season. (and you wonder how much the series suffered cause Toei messed up in the second Futari Wa Movie)

Futari Wa and Splash Star hit there stride but they also do feel very different from Modern Precure. Fresh clearly started the more modern Form that's been tweaked (with Yes being a weird show that's somewhat between the Futari Wa/Spalsh Star norm and what became of Precure since Fresh)

Caithness
Nov 10, 2012

HEY!!!
YOU CAN SEE ME, CAN'T YOU? THEN WHY ARE YOU IGNORING ME!?

Splash Star is my second favorite after Heartcatch. Good villains are important, and S⭐️S has the best.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Yes 5 has Bunbee and Urara going for it at the very least (also Gamao the angry frog hobo).

But yeah, aside from maybe the Bad End Trio from Smile Splash Star probably has some of the best (or at least most entertaining) villains in the franchise. Kintolesky deserved better though and I kind of wish the members of Dark Fall had gotten a chance to interact with each other more (itís kind of funny how transparently they all hate one another).

Setting it in a fishing town near the beach was nice as well as it provided some fairly unique fight locations.

Larryb fucked around with this message at 23:42 on May 21, 2020

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Too bad the English version of the Mobage is closing cause this is the exact event I wanted

https://twitter.com/YameteTomete/st...136558736748544

Pikestaff
Feb 17, 2013

Arienai!

https://twitter.com/OshieteHibiki/s...5222936576?s=19

Healin' Good potentially coming back next month.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Pikestaff posted:

https://twitter.com/OshieteHibiki/s...5222936576?s=19

Healin' Good potentially coming back next month.

Huh, that was quicker than I thought. I still wouldnít be surprised if we wind up losing an episode or two from the total run of the series because of this though.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Tokyo is going to lift it's state of emergency soon and I also imagine Toei has probably switched over to work at home finally and can resume production safely

Now the big question is going to be is how much the show's plot is going to be reworked

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Tokyo is going to lift it's state of emergency soon and I also imagine Toei has probably switched over to work at home finally and can resume production safely

Now the big question is going to be is how much the show's plot is going to be reworked

Weíll likely probably wind up losing an episode or two but whether or not the show will be straight up retooled like Suite was remains to be seen (also you kind of canít really get around the fact that the villains are literal avatars of disease).

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

I may not be as cute as the other girls, but I'm the best at arm wrestling!

Yeah you might avoid rewrites just because its so baked into the premise

Though I really doubt youll get any more scenes of living animals/people being infected like you got with the rat

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Yeah, the whole thing Batetemoda mentioned about there potentially being more like him coming might not come to pass but I donít think things will be altered too terribly much in this case.

At worst, maybe the Byogen will switch from infecting things to creating monsters some other way and using them to attack the Precure/random victims of the week directly.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

According to this it appears the show will be back June 7th to be exact, weíll still need to wait for official confirmation though:

https://twitter.com/OshieteHibiki/s...776106625757185

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Unfortunately it appears the news reports are wrong and Healin Good will not be returning on June 7th. Itís just been confirmed that a rerun of episode 7 will air that day instead:

https://www.tv-asahi.co.jp/pr/conte...0607_01832.html

«75 »